Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    TommyStarwind is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TommyStarwind is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TommyStarwind is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TommyStarwind is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TommyStarwind is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TommyStarwind is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TommyStarwind is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TommyStarwind is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TommyStarwind is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TommyStarwind is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TommyStarwind is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)

Misc Deadlift Competition

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...hp?t=167065011

Originally Posted by 400Lb Gorilla View Post
    Welcome to the Raw Deadlift Competition of 2015. Like always this competition starts as soon as I open this thread for posting and this one will end July 14th, 2015 at exactly 11:59 PM Eastern Time.

With the time line being established let's get into the boring details.

The Rules:

1. All Forum Rules must be followed.
    2. Do not judge anyone else's entry for me. If I have any issues judging the entries made I trust two, and only two, people on this site to help me out. And if your name isn't in green and spelled out as "Iceman1800" or "Isaku900", then you are not one of them
    3. Keep it classy in here and help encourage people that are competing. Offer deadlifting advice or tips as you feel the need, but do not bash or flame any other user in this thread.
    4. Have fun and remember to rep the Supplement Reps. They make these competitions a lot better for everyone.

The Lift:
    1. Deadlift suits, wrist straps, or lifting briefs are not allowed. Belts, chalk, and any raw grip you wish to use is good.
    2. The barbell must start off as deadweight on the ground prior to lifting it.
    3. Bend down, grab the bar, and pull until knees, hips, and traps have completely locked out the lift.
    4. DO NOT HITCH THE BAR OR YOU LIFT IS DISQUALIFIED
    5. After you have locked it out I do not care what you do with. You can drop it from lockout height or you can gently set the thing on the ground. Up to you but please do not injure yourself and make sure before you drop the bar that you are fully locked out.

The Entry
    1. Weigh in must be done the same day you lift. It does not have to be done all at the same time. If you wish to weigh in the morning of the lift and lift in the afternoon, I do not care as long as you make sure both are done with the verification paper.
    2. The Verification Paper: Your Username, the name of this competition(can be shortened to "BB.com Deadlift Comp), and the date of your lift.
    3. When to show me the Verification Paper: During your weigh in video and during your lifting video. It can be done before or after you show your weight or lift but make sure that if you have two separate videos(eve if you combine it into one). If you do the weigh in and lift all in the same shot then you only need to show it once during the video. PLEASE MAKE SURE YOU DO NOT SCREW THIS UP!!!! I have had to disqual some big damn lifts in the past because of this. Do not be one of those statistics please.
    4. Show me the weight lifted. You do not have to pull every plate off the bar to show me but if I can not tell what you lifted then I can not count it. This is especially important if you use bumper plates since they are all sorts of weird.
    5. I do not mind if you use Kilograms or Pounds. But if you start using Stones I am going to neg you

As always these rules are subject to being edited at any time something else comes to my attention. Remember, lifters, keep it classy and show me how strong you are!

A Favor to the Classiest Moderator Alive: Please put in a review for the supplements you win in the Store or the Review Section of the Supplement Forum. This is not mandatory but it makes it much easier to get more prizes if the supplement companies see more feedback for the stuff they put up for the winners.
    Last edited by TommyStarwind; 04-07-2015 at 04:21 PM. Reason: [Center][/Center] Highlights it...

Hiding from ForumNature 400Lb Gorilla's Avatar
    400Lb Gorilla has the mod powerz 400Lb Gorilla has the mod powerz 400Lb Gorilla has the mod powerz 400Lb Gorilla has the mod powerz 400Lb Gorilla has the mod powerz 400Lb Gorilla has the mod powerz 400Lb Gorilla has the mod powerz 400Lb Gorilla has the mod powerz 400Lb Gorilla has the mod powerz 400Lb Gorilla has the mod powerz 400Lb Gorilla has the mod powerz
    thanks TS, just came in to post this same thread. Hoping I see a lot more 700+ deadlifts in this competition.
    You would be surprised just how much time I have to waste.

TommyStarwind is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TommyStarwind is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TommyStarwind is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TommyStarwind is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TommyStarwind is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TommyStarwind is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TommyStarwind is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TommyStarwind is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TommyStarwind is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TommyStarwind is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TommyStarwind is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    thanks TS, just came in to post this same thread. Hoping I see a lot more 700+ deadlifts in this competition.
    Wouldn't want anyone missing out!! Might post my pull, just not sure if I fit in my MISC shirt anymore haha
    I deserve that pedestal, I own it, and the sea ought to part for me.
    Just get out of the fuking way, I'm on a mission.
    So just step aside and gimme the trophy.

400Lb Gorilla has the mod powerz 400Lb Gorilla has the mod powerz 400Lb Gorilla has the mod powerz 400Lb Gorilla has the mod powerz 400Lb Gorilla has the mod powerz 400Lb Gorilla has the mod powerz 400Lb Gorilla has the mod powerz 400Lb Gorilla has the mod powerz 400Lb Gorilla has the mod powerz 400Lb Gorilla has the mod powerz 400Lb Gorilla has the mod powerz
    Originally Posted by TommyStarwind View Post
    Wouldn't want anyone missing out!! Might post my pull, just not sure if I fit in my MISC shirt anymore haha
    It is a scientific fact that wearing a Misc shirt results in a 20% reduction in strength

Turtora has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Turtora has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Turtora has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Turtora has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Turtora has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Turtora has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Turtora has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Turtora has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Turtora has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Turtora has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Turtora has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    It is a scientific fact that wearing a Misc shirt results in a 20% reduction in strength
    LOL JUST LOL

if i can get my meniscus sorted out asap, i'll be so far in. not gonna make any waves, but i'd poop myself if i got 585. hopefully not on camera, though.

Originally Posted by Turtora View Post
    LOL JUST LOL

if i can get my meniscus sorted out asap, i'll be so far in. not gonna make any waves, but i'd poop myself if i got 585. hopefully not on camera, though.
    holy Jeebus at all the "torn crews" you in

did you get into a mercy match with a polar bear?

EpicLevelWizard has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EpicLevelWizard has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EpicLevelWizard has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EpicLevelWizard has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EpicLevelWizard has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EpicLevelWizard has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EpicLevelWizard has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EpicLevelWizard has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EpicLevelWizard has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EpicLevelWizard has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EpicLevelWizard has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    In for giant deadlifts!

Have no chance of winning against some of the beasts on here, but my best deadlift is 415 at the moment and I'm able to bump it 5lbs every session still so maybe I'll have a decent one to enter by then.
    "There is no reason to be alive if you cannot do deadlift!" - J.P.S.

Moist.

Taking a break from here because life is more important, see you *******s in 6 months. Srs.

Turtora has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Turtora has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Turtora has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Turtora has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Turtora has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Turtora has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Turtora has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Turtora has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Turtora has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Turtora has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Turtora has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    holy Jeebus at all the "torn crews" you in

did you get into a mercy match with a polar bear?
    I wish! Almost as terrible, though; I thought it'd be a good idea to hop right into olympic weightlifting after watching a few calstrength videos my first year under the bar LOL. Lesson learned...

2011 - The labrum, supraspinatus, long head, medial delt are left shoulder (missed clean).
    2011 - Torn rectus femoris, hamstring is left leg (clean pulls [held onto the weight for too long at the top and came down wrong on my left foot. surprised i didn't snap up my gastroc here as well]).
    2012 - Herniated L4 was max effort deadlifts (snap city form)
    2012 - 2014 - Finally figured out how to lift and not snap my chit up.
    2015 - Torn meniscus was playing basketball (First game since age 13 LOL JUST LOL)

BCalv is just really nice. (+1000) BCalv is just really nice. (+1000) BCalv is just really nice. (+1000) BCalv is just really nice. (+1000) BCalv is just really nice. (+1000) BCalv is just really nice. (+1000) BCalv is just really nice. (+1000) BCalv is just really nice. (+1000) BCalv is just really nice. (+1000) BCalv is just really nice. (+1000) BCalv is just really nice. (+1000)
    Doing a meet in 1.5 weeks can I just use that vid? Should I just film my weigh in at the time I weigh in for meet?
    220 Raw w/wraps

S-650
    B-395x3
    Dl-695x3

IG- b.b.calvin

Originally Posted by BCalv View Post
    Doing a meet in 1.5 weeks can I just use that vid? Should I just film my weigh in at the time I weigh in for meet?
    As long as you get whites haha. Can he post again in two months before the deadline is someone is ahead of him or is it one post and that's it? You may want to save the video if that's the case.
    I deserve that pedestal, I own it, and the sea ought to part for me.
    Just get out of the fuking way, I'm on a mission.
    So just step aside and gimme the trophy.

Originally Posted by EpicLevelWizard View Post
    In for giant deadlifts!

Have no chance of winning against some of the beasts on here, but my best deadlift is 415 at the moment and I'm able to bump it 5lbs every session still so maybe I'll have a decent one to enter by then.
    Do it! right now 135 pounds would get you first place and overall winner It would be a horrible Wilks score on that overall spot but still..... for a little while you can say you were the strongest deadlifter on this site

I wish! Almost as terrible, though; I thought it'd be a good idea to hop right into olympic weightlifting after watching a few calstrength videos my first year under the bar LOL. Lesson learned...

2011 - The labrum, supraspinatus, long head, medial delt are left shoulder (missed clean).
    2011 - Torn rectus femoris, hamstring is left leg (clean pulls [held onto the weight for too long at the top and came down wrong on my left foot. surprised i didn't snap up my gastroc here as well]).
    2015 - Torn meniscus was playing basketball (First game since age 13 LOL JUST LOL)
    holy hell. That is some abuse right there. Glad you still have the ability to walk and lift at all!

Originally Posted by BCalv View Post
    I honestly would prefer meet lifts. It is easy as hell to confirm your weight, weights lifted, and the date just by the results page or a pic of the lifters card. You get 3 white lights and post the video up and you are good. Questions about identity I will ask through PM.

@TS, you can put in as many entries as you want and can switch weight classes from the 148 class all the way up to the 276+ class if you feel like it. Only the last entry you make will count though so before you post the video make sure it is one you want to take your last entry's place. no take backsies once you post

The only exception to this is if you post a video that is no good for whatever reason. Then I will just leave any previous entry on the board.

kaleida is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) kaleida is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) kaleida is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) kaleida is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) kaleida is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) kaleida is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) kaleida is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) kaleida is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) kaleida is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) kaleida is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) kaleida is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Is a meet lift ok even in federations that have 24 hour weigh-in? (Like RPS)

brotein1992 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) brotein1992 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) brotein1992 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) brotein1992 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) brotein1992 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) brotein1992 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) brotein1992 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) brotein1992 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) brotein1992 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) brotein1992 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) brotein1992 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    I'll push myself just for you baby cakes

BosshoggDBB is just really nice. (+1000) BosshoggDBB is just really nice. (+1000) BosshoggDBB is just really nice. (+1000) BosshoggDBB is just really nice. (+1000) BosshoggDBB is just really nice. (+1000) BosshoggDBB is just really nice. (+1000) BosshoggDBB is just really nice. (+1000) BosshoggDBB is just really nice. (+1000) BosshoggDBB is just really nice. (+1000) BosshoggDBB is just really nice. (+1000) BosshoggDBB is just really nice. (+1000)
    6. If your video is a meet lift, then you don't need all of this. Just post the video and then me and you will work out who you are through PM and I will verify it that way. This way you don't have to post up your name but you will still get credit for this comp as well as your meet. Usually a lifters card or the official results are sufficient.

Nice, i thought i was going to have to video my weigh in

Hopefully i can get some good lifts in the coming competitions.
    PR's
    227,5kg squat
    132,5kg bench
    305kg deadlift

Third place at Dutch RAW Nationals -105kg class

MS,CSCS,CF-L1,USAW,WBB HamburgerTrain's Avatar
    HamburgerTrain has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HamburgerTrain has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HamburgerTrain has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HamburgerTrain has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HamburgerTrain has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HamburgerTrain has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HamburgerTrain has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HamburgerTrain has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HamburgerTrain has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HamburgerTrain has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HamburgerTrain has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    in.
    "Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin to slit throats."

bigfor15 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bigfor15 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bigfor15 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bigfor15 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bigfor15 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bigfor15 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bigfor15 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bigfor15 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bigfor15 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bigfor15 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bigfor15 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by HamburgerTrain View Post
    in.
    Out.
    Excuses are just tools of incompetence
    Used to build monuments of nothingness
    And those who specialize in the uses
    Seldom achieve anything

tonenotbulk has a spectacular aura about. (+250) tonenotbulk has a spectacular aura about. (+250) tonenotbulk has a spectacular aura about. (+250) tonenotbulk has a spectacular aura about. (+250) tonenotbulk has a spectacular aura about. (+250) tonenotbulk has a spectacular aura about. (+250) tonenotbulk has a spectacular aura about. (+250) tonenotbulk has a spectacular aura about. (+250) tonenotbulk has a spectacular aura about. (+250) tonenotbulk has a spectacular aura about. (+250) tonenotbulk has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    You get 3 white lights...
    What about two? =P
    1097 @ 161: http://youtu.be/zc9PkemUmHs

Meet PRs: 408/215/485
    Gym PRs: 419/220/507

www.youtube.com/user/tonenotbulk

K3RB3R0S will become famous soon enough. (+50) K3RB3R0S will become famous soon enough. (+50) K3RB3R0S will become famous soon enough. (+50) K3RB3R0S will become famous soon enough. (+50) K3RB3R0S will become famous soon enough. (+50) K3RB3R0S will become famous soon enough. (+50) K3RB3R0S will become famous soon enough. (+50) K3RB3R0S will become famous soon enough. (+50) K3RB3R0S will become famous soon enough. (+50) K3RB3R0S will become famous soon enough. (+50) K3RB3R0S will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    In with my popcorn to see the monsters!!!

May the Force be with you all.
    MAY THE PROGRESS BE WITH YOU!
    455-365-545 for 5

Originally Posted by kaleida View Post
    Is a meet lift ok even in federations that have 24 hour weigh-in? (Like RPS)
    yep. The weigh in just has to be the same "day" as in a 24 hour period before the lift. If RPS says you can weigh in at night and hit the meet the next day then I got no problem with it. Remember, I take most of my weight classes(as close as possible anyway) and the lift rules from a few different feds.

@tonenotbulk, yeah you cheeky kent, two will work as well

kaleida is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) kaleida is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) kaleida is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) kaleida is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) kaleida is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) kaleida is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) kaleida is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) kaleida is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) kaleida is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) kaleida is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) kaleida is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    yep. The weigh in just has to be the same "day" as in a 24 hour period before the lift. If RPS says you can weigh in at night and hit the meet the next day then I got no problem with it. Remember, I take most of my weight classes(as close as possible anyway) and the lift rules from a few different feds.

@tonenotbulk, yeah you cheeky kent, two will work as well
    OK thanks! July 11 is my meet... I hope the official results are posted in time for it to count

Originally Posted by kaleida View Post
    OK thanks! July 11 is my meet... I hope the official results are posted in time for it to count
    If you dont think they will, see if they will let you get your lifter card or at least let you snap a picture of the final card. IIRC name, bodyweight, and all 3-9 lifts will be on that so it will be more than good enough

If you dont think they will, see if they will let you get your lifter card or at least let you snap a picture of the final card. IIRC name, bodyweight, and all 3-9 lifts will be on that so it will be more than good enough
    Makes sense...I'll do that. Thanks again!

SophieM is a name known to all. (+5000) SophieM is a name known to all. (+5000) SophieM is a name known to all. (+5000) SophieM is a name known to all. (+5000) SophieM is a name known to all. (+5000) SophieM is a name known to all. (+5000) SophieM is a name known to all. (+5000) SophieM is a name known to all. (+5000) SophieM is a name known to all. (+5000) SophieM is a name known to all. (+5000) SophieM is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Meet isn't until August 15th. I might post a video of my heaviest training triple, but there will be no maxing out that close to a meet. I did that last year and almost regretted it.
    Me vs. Me: Lifting with UCTD: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=170084343

Lpenny has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Lpenny has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Lpenny has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Lpenny has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Lpenny has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Lpenny has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Lpenny has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Lpenny has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Lpenny has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Lpenny has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Lpenny has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I'm gonna join the 700 club by the end of this comp
    PRs:
    Squat: 630 (sleeves)
    Deadlift: 735 (straps)
    Strict OHP: 330
    Log Clean & Press: 360
    Gave stickyashell hope and now he's back in strength sports crew

Larfleeze is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Larfleeze is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Larfleeze is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Larfleeze is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Larfleeze is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Larfleeze is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Larfleeze is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Larfleeze is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Larfleeze is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Larfleeze is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Larfleeze is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)

Just started doing cleans. Now suitably terrified.

Originally Posted by Larfleeze View Post

Just started doing cleans. Now suitably terrified.
    It was a little surprising, given that I thought I good form, I just missed deep in the hole and caved. That said, I have a very frail body. Small joints for my height, short clavicles, tiny waist. For reference, when I started lifting I was about 165 lbs at 6' 9". The clean was at 275 (I was about 220 at the time). Shoulder just subluxed really, really badly.

You'll probably be fine.

It was a little surprising, given that I thought I good form, I just missed deep in the hole and caved. That said, I have a very frail body. Small joints for my height, short clavicles, tiny waist. For reference, when I started lifting I was about 165 lbs at 6' 9". The clean was at 275 (I was about 220 at the time). Shoulder just subluxed really, really badly.

You'll probably be fine.
    loljust noticed the 6'9" in your stats.... I think I would be in a permanent state of vertigo lol

loljust noticed the 6'9" in your stats.... I think I would be in a permanent state of vertigo lol
    It's not the vertigo that gets you at this altitude, but the door frames.

Deadlift7212 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I suck at posting vids.....here is Our team vid from about 3 weeks ago....my dead starts at 3 MINS 21 SECS....BTW at 292

Deadlift7212 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    apparently i cannot post a vid....I dont have a strong enough rating?