Ballistics has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Lightbulb 1 Body Part Workout on Single Day

I'm thinking of changing my workout routine and have a question on the number of sets:

Normally, I will workout half my body on one day, and the remaining parts a few days later.
    For example, on Monday:
    - Biceps
    - Triceps
    - Chest

On Wednesday
    - Shoulders
    - Back
    - Legs

I do 3 sets for each exercise, and there are about 3-4 exercises for each body part.

However, now I'm planning on doing 1 body part on 1 day. So I may do biceps/triceps on Monday, Legs on Tuesday, Shoulders on Wednesday and so on...

If I do do it this way, my workout will end quicker than normal because I'm only doing exercises on 1 body part. Should I increase the number of sets then?

thatdamngood has a spectacular aura about. (+250) thatdamngood has a spectacular aura about. (+250) thatdamngood has a spectacular aura about. (+250) thatdamngood has a spectacular aura about. (+250) thatdamngood has a spectacular aura about. (+250) thatdamngood has a spectacular aura about. (+250) thatdamngood has a spectacular aura about. (+250) thatdamngood has a spectacular aura about. (+250) thatdamngood has a spectacular aura about. (+250) thatdamngood has a spectacular aura about. (+250) thatdamngood has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    not necessarily

Your arms should get at most 9 sets for each muscle ( 9 sets for tris, 9 sets for bis) Of course, this is a GENERAL rule, but for the most part more than that would be considered overtraining simply because your arms get a workout from other body part exercises.
    everything else can vary seriously from person to person, depending on how you train, and genetics. Personally I stick to 12-16 sets for legs, chest, back and shoulders. but you'll have to feel it out yourself.
    "How much you weigh? I'm 260, I'm an animal in the place, why don't you listen to me?"
    ----Bernard aka "The Animal"

Ballistics has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally posted by thatdamngood
    not necessarily

Your arms should get at most 9 sets for each muscle ( 9 sets for tris, 9 sets for bis) Of course, this is a GENERAL rule, but for the most part more than that would be considered overtraining simply because your arms get a workout from other body part exercises.
    everything else can vary seriously from person to person, depending on how you train, and genetics. Personally I stick to 12-16 sets for legs, chest, back and shoulders. but you'll have to feel it out yourself.
    Wow, 9 sets! Seems fair.

Normally I do 6 reps per exercise. So you mean I should do the 6 normal reps for a bicep exercise, and repeat that 9 times. Right?