PsiBlast has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

1st post - Advice Needed - Bulk/Cut/Recomp? (w/ pics)

Hi everyone. 1st time poster here. Almost 10 years ago, I lost about 65 lbs (from 240 to 175) in a span of 8 months. Nothing fancy -- just studied nutrition and lifted. Since then, my weight has gone up and down between 175 and 195. My nutrition and training routine have been sporadic and erratic.

Last summer, I was at 185 lbs. Went through a divorce and wanted to change my life for good. I started improving my nutrition (but still not eating clean) and started working out again. I focused a lot on circuit interval type stuff - short cardio bursts, core exercises, push-ups, etc., not so much weight training. I got my weight down to 164 lbs and I thought I was pretty lean.

In February, I started focusing on weight training as well as really shoring up my nutrition and eating as clean as possible. I aimed for 1800 calories/day. I am doing a 2-day split (chest/tris/shoulders + back/bis/legs). I do stretches and core strengthening (assorted planks) prior to each lifting session. I lift 5-6 days per week. The other days, I do some sort of unstructured cardio (playing sports).

Now, I'm at 156 lbs, 13% body fat (measured w/caliper), 32" waist. I'll be 43 next month and I'm 5'11". I have a long torso and relatively short limbs, so my puny 13.5" arms (flexed/cold) look "ok" on my frame.

My Goals:
    - Lose my belly fat. This is my BIGGEST concern. I want visible abs. I also have some loose skin in my midsection from my weight loss.
    - Gain more lean muscle, but not necessarily be "big". I have short limbs, so I don't want to appear stocky.

What I'm doing now would be considered "cutting", since I'm about 500 calories under my TDEE. I'm seeing definition in areas that I've never seen before.

Should I...

1. Continue doing what I'm doing.
    2. Eat more (start bulking)
    3. Recomp? I've read about either keeping my calories at my TDEE, or increasing/decreasing on my workout vs non-workout days. This sounds like a good option, but I don't know if it's the most efficient one.

Here are my pics taken 1st thing this morning. One shot is of me cold flexed, and another one completely relaxed. Any advice or feedback would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!
    Attached Images

Vidya46 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Vidya46 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Vidya46 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Vidya46 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Vidya46 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Vidya46 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Vidya46 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Vidya46 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Vidya46 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Vidya46 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Vidya46 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Hello
    I am in the same boat as you..though definitely not as fit as your pictures show..
    Replying here to follow the thread..
    Good luck

overthetop47 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Good morning to you! First congrats on the weight loss! I am also new and loosing weight focusing on the gut area as you! I asked this same ? Basically I was told if you want abs to show keep cutting! - I am sure someone with more experience will be along to chime in !

SPEEED is not very well liked. (-100) SPEEED is not very well liked. (-100) SPEEED is not very well liked. (-100) SPEEED is not very well liked. (-100) SPEEED is not very well liked. (-100) SPEEED is not very well liked. (-100) SPEEED is not very well liked. (-100) SPEEED is not very well liked. (-100) SPEEED is not very well liked. (-100) SPEEED is not very well liked. (-100) SPEEED is not very well liked. (-100)
    Sup jigga!

drudixon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) drudixon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) drudixon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) drudixon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) drudixon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) drudixon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) drudixon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) drudixon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) drudixon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) drudixon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) drudixon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I think if you eat slightly above maintenance while following a progressive weight lifting scheme most of the fat will go away on its own.

1Fuzzy1 is just really nice. (+1000) 1Fuzzy1 is just really nice. (+1000) 1Fuzzy1 is just really nice. (+1000) 1Fuzzy1 is just really nice. (+1000) 1Fuzzy1 is just really nice. (+1000) 1Fuzzy1 is just really nice. (+1000) 1Fuzzy1 is just really nice. (+1000) 1Fuzzy1 is just really nice. (+1000) 1Fuzzy1 is just really nice. (+1000) 1Fuzzy1 is just really nice. (+1000) 1Fuzzy1 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by drudixon View Post
    I think if you eat slightly above maintenance while following a progressive weight lifting scheme most of the fat will go away on its own.
    I agree with this...you could cut down but in the end, you would still have the loose skin. You're pretty lean now so I would do as drudixon said. Congrats on your work so far!

daddyuk is a complete loser! (-2000) daddyuk is a complete loser! (-2000) daddyuk is a complete loser! (-2000) daddyuk is a complete loser! (-2000) daddyuk is a complete loser! (-2000) daddyuk is a complete loser! (-2000) daddyuk is a complete loser! (-2000) daddyuk is a complete loser! (-2000) daddyuk is a complete loser! (-2000) daddyuk is a complete loser! (-2000) daddyuk is a complete loser! (-2000)
    A recomp or as the above op said really. Good job mate