AKA "The Ntimid8tor" superman101's Avatar
    superman101 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

How far in advance can you mix your protein shake?

Just wondering? How long? And what are the effects?

Damien is on a distinguished road. (+10) Damien is on a distinguished road. (+10) Damien is on a distinguished road. (+10) Damien is on a distinguished road. (+10) Damien is on a distinguished road. (+10) Damien is on a distinguished road. (+10) Damien is on a distinguished road. (+10) Damien is on a distinguished road. (+10) Damien is on a distinguished road. (+10) Damien is on a distinguished road. (+10) Damien is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Re: How far in advance can you mix your protein shake?

Originally posted by superman101
    Just wondering? How long? And what are the effects?
    What do you mean??
    It's not as hard as you think it is.
    Educate yourself, but stop thinking too much...

omariok2 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) omariok2 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) omariok2 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) omariok2 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) omariok2 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) omariok2 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) omariok2 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) omariok2 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) omariok2 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) omariok2 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) omariok2 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    ^^^ i beleive he means how long can you leave a shake prepared before consuming it i.e how long can it be left prepared while not getting de-natured
    Every day you get better or worse, which one did you do today? -unknown

WARNING: If you are reading this then this warning is for you. Every word of this useless fine print is another second off your life. Don't you have other things to do? Is your life so empty that you honestly can't think of a better way to spend these moments? Or are you so impressed with authority that you give respect and credence to all who claim it? Do you read everything your supposed to read? Do you think everything your supposed to think? Buy what your told you should want? Get out of your apartment. Meet a member of the opposite sex. Stop the excessive shopping and masterbation. Quit your job. Start a fight. Prove your alive. If you don't claim your humanity you will become a statistic. You have been warned......

AKA "The Ntimid8tor" superman101's Avatar
    superman101 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    yes thats what I mean.

LiL USMC BBer is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LiL USMC BBer is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LiL USMC BBer is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LiL USMC BBer is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LiL USMC BBer is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LiL USMC BBer is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LiL USMC BBer is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LiL USMC BBer is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LiL USMC BBer is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LiL USMC BBer is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LiL USMC BBer is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Not very long at all. Mix that sh|t and drink it immediatly. I once made a whey shake from designer whey and put it in the fridge 3 hours later it all yellow. =/

Also I make my cassein shakes from GNC Pro Performance WHILE IM" DRINKING IT its thickening. If I'm talking with someone while I'm drinking it down or not taking it in quickly......I'm getting out a spoon and chewing that sh|t.

Most containers say "blend and drink immediatly"

I think it even says that on my ON container. Plus how long does it take to make??? Put milk or water in blender throw scoop or two of protein in press button (putting top on is optional) and drown urself in it.

Its not exactly a time consuming event that you have to make it the night before or something. In fact in my opinion its probablyu the quickest way to get protein circulating through your system. As opposed to cooking a chicken...

omariok2 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) omariok2 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) omariok2 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) omariok2 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) omariok2 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) omariok2 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) omariok2 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) omariok2 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) omariok2 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) omariok2 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) omariok2 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally posted by ReSpAwN DeMoN
    Not very long at all. Mix that sh|t and drink it immediatly. I once made a whey shake from designer whey and put it in the fridge 3 hours later it all yellow. =/

Also I make my cassein shakes from GNC Pro Performance WHILE IM" DRINKING IT its thickening. If I'm talking with someone while I'm drinking it down or not taking it in quickly......I'm getting out a spoon and chewing that sh|t.

Most containers say "blend and drink immediatly"

I think it even says that on my ON container. Plus how long does it take to make??? Put milk or water in blender throw scoop or two of protein in press button (putting top on is optional) and drown urself in it.

Its not exactly a time consuming event that you have to make it the night before or something. In fact in my opinion its probablyu the quickest way to get protein circulating through your system. As opposed to cooking a chicken...
    bump they get ****ed up rather quickley, if your doing this so that you can take it in a gym you might be alright with some shakes but think of it this way.... unless it takes you more than half an hour to get back home after your workout youll be better off just preparing it when you get back home

if your asking because you want to take a shake to school(something i used to do before i knew better....) dont because
    a) you shouldnt really have whey shakes any other time apart form first thing in the morning or around your workouts
    b)itll probably go bad before you get a chance to drink it in school

WARNING: If you are reading this then this warning is for you. Every word of this useless fine print is another second off your life. Don't you have other things to do? Is your life so empty that you honestly can't think of a better way to spend these moments? Or are you so impressed with authority that you give respect and credence to all who claim it? Do you read everything your supposed to read? Do you think everything your supposed to think? Buy what your told you should want? Get out of your apartment. Meet a member of the opposite sex. Stop the excessive shopping and masterbation. Quit your job. Start a fight. Prove your alive. If you don't claim your humanity you will become a statistic. You have been warned......

BoxSquat will become famous soon enough. (+50) BoxSquat will become famous soon enough. (+50) BoxSquat will become famous soon enough. (+50) BoxSquat will become famous soon enough. (+50) BoxSquat will become famous soon enough. (+50) BoxSquat will become famous soon enough. (+50) BoxSquat will become famous soon enough. (+50) BoxSquat will become famous soon enough. (+50) BoxSquat will become famous soon enough. (+50) BoxSquat will become famous soon enough. (+50) BoxSquat will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I've left mine in the fridge a couple of day with no problems

Originally posted by BoxSquat
    I've left mine in the fridge a couple of day with no problems

it doesnt have to go green for it to be bad, its not like you can tell its denatured....but it is

averageshawn has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    sometimes i mix like

5 scoops of protein
    10 strawberries
    1/2 green apple
    1 cup van. yogurt
    1/2 cup milk
    3 ice cubes...

then i put in a blender

creates a paste of goooo.

then i freeze it and it becomes allmost like an ice cream...

i eat that threw out the day....

IS THIS BAD TO FREEZE THE PROTEIN???????????

thanks a lot

Liquid is on a distinguished road. (+10) Liquid is on a distinguished road. (+10) Liquid is on a distinguished road. (+10) Liquid is on a distinguished road. (+10) Liquid is on a distinguished road. (+10) Liquid is on a distinguished road. (+10) Liquid is on a distinguished road. (+10) Liquid is on a distinguished road. (+10) Liquid is on a distinguished road. (+10) Liquid is on a distinguished road. (+10) Liquid is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    i shake mine right b4 i go to the gym, so 2-3 hrs later i drink it

never caused problems

Davesta has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Davesta has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Davesta has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Davesta has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Davesta has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Davesta has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Davesta has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Davesta has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Davesta has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Davesta has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Davesta has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally posted by Liquid

never caused problems
    You go to the gym for 2-3 hours?? Does that include a lot of travelling time?
    Injured O-lifter!

Originally posted by Liquid

never caused problems
    would you really be able to tell if it were becoming ineffective and then you drank it? i certainley wouldnt..... so no need to take risks...

BoxSquat will become famous soon enough. (+50) BoxSquat will become famous soon enough. (+50) BoxSquat will become famous soon enough. (+50) BoxSquat will become famous soon enough. (+50) BoxSquat will become famous soon enough. (+50) BoxSquat will become famous soon enough. (+50) BoxSquat will become famous soon enough. (+50) BoxSquat will become famous soon enough. (+50) BoxSquat will become famous soon enough. (+50) BoxSquat will become famous soon enough. (+50) BoxSquat will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally posted by omariok2

it doesnt have to go green for it to be bad, its not like you can tell its denatured....but it is
    Urrr so what does it "turn" into? When whey is in milk it doesn't denature in 2 days, so why should it when powdered?

Originally posted by BoxSquat
    Urrr so what does it "turn" into? When whey is in milk it doesn't denature in 2 days, so why should it when powdered?
    i didnt say it "turns into anything" i just said it gets denatured..
    +by your logic we can say that since creatine can be stored ina bottle for monthes on end it can also be stored when mxed with water for monthes on end....
    whey in milk and whey in powdered form mixed with water are two different things.......

Originally posted by omariok2
    whey in milk and whey in powdered form mixed with water are two different things.......
    When curds and whey are separated, the whey is mainly water.

This is dried to get the poweder that we buy.

So during this drying process, SURELY more of this "denaturing" would happen than when i leave it in the fridge for a couple of days.

And i have no clue where you got the creatine logic from.

evets32 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    This thread was Google result #1 for me, but so far, it's just a bunch of guesses and whatever "makes sense" to random people. I don't have enough posts to share links, but the next three Google results (healthyeating, livestrong, and proteinreport) all say it's fine for a day or two refrigerated. It will taste and smell foul long before safety and efficacy are a concern.