andysidhu will become famous soon enough. (+50) andysidhu will become famous soon enough. (+50) andysidhu will become famous soon enough. (+50) andysidhu will become famous soon enough. (+50) andysidhu will become famous soon enough. (+50) andysidhu will become famous soon enough. (+50) andysidhu will become famous soon enough. (+50) andysidhu will become famous soon enough. (+50) andysidhu will become famous soon enough. (+50) andysidhu will become famous soon enough. (+50) andysidhu will become famous soon enough. (+50)

RDL- Hamstrings Stretch and Form Check. Plz Help

Hi Guys
    When I do my working Sets, I don't feel a stretch in my Hamstring, which I feel during the warm up sets. Is this normal?

Has it got to do anything with my form?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fXmlVxcUrfY

Kind Regards

k9pit is a name known to all. (+5000) k9pit is a name known to all. (+5000) k9pit is a name known to all. (+5000) k9pit is a name known to all. (+5000) k9pit is a name known to all. (+5000) k9pit is a name known to all. (+5000) k9pit is a name known to all. (+5000) k9pit is a name known to all. (+5000) k9pit is a name known to all. (+5000) k9pit is a name known to all. (+5000) k9pit is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Form looks good. Maybe a little more hip drive on the concentric, but that's up to you. Some ppl do it the way you do to keep constant tension on the hamstrings. A hard lockout will hit your glutes a little more (there is a risk with this however that goes without saying..., lol).

Just make sure you are stabilizing the weight with your lats (can't tell if you are). That is very important to being safe and also a big key to going heavy.

TJP33 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TJP33 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TJP33 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TJP33 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TJP33 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TJP33 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TJP33 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TJP33 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TJP33 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TJP33 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TJP33 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    try a lighter weight and a higher rep range, marginal knee bend- also using quarters helps get deeper stretch...
    a half rep to start from top position also helps, its basically that of mimicking how a bodybuilder would flex glutes and hams on rear poses perform a quarter rep pull back with hams towards the top try to bring your glutes under you- keep tension and then begin.
    the rep range is to compensate for what I find as diminishing return from excess weight- losing focus in hams as the weight changes things so slightly that on lookers don't see a difference but its a different feel.
    I pyramid this at 20-15-10 drop plate by plate to finish.

andysidhu will become famous soon enough. (+50) andysidhu will become famous soon enough. (+50) andysidhu will become famous soon enough. (+50) andysidhu will become famous soon enough. (+50) andysidhu will become famous soon enough. (+50) andysidhu will become famous soon enough. (+50) andysidhu will become famous soon enough. (+50) andysidhu will become famous soon enough. (+50) andysidhu will become famous soon enough. (+50) andysidhu will become famous soon enough. (+50) andysidhu will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Thanks guys for the feedback. Much appreciated.

But the fact I don't feel my hamstrings during working sets but feel them during warm ups, does this indicate anything wrong? Or is it normal?

k9pit is a name known to all. (+5000) k9pit is a name known to all. (+5000) k9pit is a name known to all. (+5000) k9pit is a name known to all. (+5000) k9pit is a name known to all. (+5000) k9pit is a name known to all. (+5000) k9pit is a name known to all. (+5000) k9pit is a name known to all. (+5000) k9pit is a name known to all. (+5000) k9pit is a name known to all. (+5000) k9pit is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by andysidhu View Post
    Thanks guys for the feedback. Much appreciated.

But the fact I don't feel my hamstrings during working sets but feel them during warm ups, does this indicate anything wrong? Or is it normal?
    At this point I'd keep it light and hone the technique, ramping up slowly overtime.

I go with a relatively heavy weight for my size, when I'm done with a set of 8-10 and rack the bar my hamstrings are usually cooked and I need to sit down.

RDLs are probably one of the most nuanced lifts in terms of execution (a long with BB Rows). You could "look like" you're doing everything right but it may not feel the way it supposed to.

Once your:
    1. Lats have the weight
    2. Your knees are locked into place
    3. Your feet are planted in the right spot
    The rest is hip hinging and ham/glute flexing to move the weight.