Veovoda has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Veovoda has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Veovoda has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Veovoda has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Veovoda has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Veovoda has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Veovoda has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Veovoda has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Veovoda has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Veovoda has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Veovoda has a spectacular aura about. (+250)

Is Sumo or Conventional more optimal for me? (vids)

CONVENTIONAL (Paused below knee)

SUMO

SUMO warmup (better form)

This was only the second workout I ever tried sumo so I shud prob spend some time getting used to it. I have always pulled conventional and right now it feels like my conventional is stronger but that could prob just be that I always pulled that way? Ive had alot of lowerback problems through my training and I am wondering if my back is in a more safe/optimal position to pull more weight without injuries when using sumo.

My hips shot up in the sumo video as you can see because of the weight but I also included a warmup set of only 135 lbs. If I could my heavy sets to look like this, do you think I should switch my MAIN stance to sumo?

Thanks
    Benchpress: 315
    Squat: 380
    Deadlift: 520

t24nd0m has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) t24nd0m has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) t24nd0m has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) t24nd0m has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) t24nd0m has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) t24nd0m has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) t24nd0m has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) t24nd0m has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Just use whichever you like more imo. But if it is about pulling the most weight I'd say go with sumo, most people are able to pull more weight with it once they get the form down and put some effort into it due to the mechanical advantages. When pulling sumo you're supposed to get the shins as close to the bar as possible, you're starting with the bar to far in front of you, get as close to the bar as you can and force the knees out. Check out TytaniumFitness on youtube, he has great tutorials on how to optimize your levers on the sumo Deadlift

TonyJH is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) TonyJH is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) TonyJH is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) TonyJH is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) TonyJH is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) TonyJH is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) TonyJH is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) TonyJH is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) TonyJH is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) TonyJH is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) TonyJH is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank)
    You have very long legs, sumo would be better with your mechanics once you get into doing heavier weights
    *Alina Baraz & Galimatias Urban Flora CREW*

WorldDomnit is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) WorldDomnit is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) WorldDomnit is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) WorldDomnit is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) WorldDomnit is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) WorldDomnit is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) WorldDomnit is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) WorldDomnit is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) WorldDomnit is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) WorldDomnit is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) WorldDomnit is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    dont arch your back so hard when you pull sumo. flat back = smaller ROM. Arched = greater ROM

Bench 402 (ace)/ 385 (440 in slingshot)
    Squat 600 (predators + frantz canvas) / 441lbs
    Dead lift 551 (super centurion+ predators) /578lbs
    Power Clean 100kg x 8
    Vertical 29in

Aesthetic Wizard openyour__eyes's Avatar
    openyour__eyes is just really nice. (+1000) openyour__eyes is just really nice. (+1000) openyour__eyes is just really nice. (+1000) openyour__eyes is just really nice. (+1000) openyour__eyes is just really nice. (+1000) openyour__eyes is just really nice. (+1000) openyour__eyes is just really nice. (+1000) openyour__eyes is just really nice. (+1000) openyour__eyes is just really nice. (+1000) openyour__eyes is just really nice. (+1000) openyour__eyes is just really nice. (+1000)
    hard to tell from that angle but your sumo looks like you are leaning too far forward.

also you had gay music in the background in both videos so can't make a proper judgement due to the fact that my ears were bleeding from avenged sevenfold sloppy guitar playing
    Your life is your own, rise up and live it.

WorldDomnit is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) WorldDomnit is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) WorldDomnit is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) WorldDomnit is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) WorldDomnit is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) WorldDomnit is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) WorldDomnit is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) WorldDomnit is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) WorldDomnit is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) WorldDomnit is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) WorldDomnit is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by openyour__eyes View Post
    hard to tell from that angle but your sumo looks like you are leaning too far forward.

also you had gay music in the background in both videos so can't make a proper judgement due to the fact that my ears were bleeding from avenged sevenfold sloppy guitar playing
    Sloppy...? hahahahahahaha. Quite the opposite, super clean harmonies and sweeps
    Bench 402 (ace)/ 385 (440 in slingshot)
    Squat 600 (predators + frantz canvas) / 441lbs
    Dead lift 551 (super centurion+ predators) /578lbs
    Power Clean 100kg x 8
    Vertical 29in

k1ngkung will become famous soon enough. (+50) k1ngkung will become famous soon enough. (+50) k1ngkung will become famous soon enough. (+50) k1ngkung will become famous soon enough. (+50) k1ngkung will become famous soon enough. (+50) k1ngkung will become famous soon enough. (+50) k1ngkung will become famous soon enough. (+50) k1ngkung will become famous soon enough. (+50) k1ngkung will become famous soon enough. (+50) k1ngkung will become famous soon enough. (+50) k1ngkung will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    You should do which ever form is more comfortable for you. You should spend some more time with sumo first before you make a decision. Imo on you sumo form, you need to push your knees out more (at the start and throughout the lift) and sit back more (shoulders should be/almost right above bar). Which ever technique you choose, you should always work on the other occasionally anyways. There will always be strength carryover, getting stronger in every position will always be beneficial.

Aesthetic Wizard openyour__eyes's Avatar
    openyour__eyes is just really nice. (+1000) openyour__eyes is just really nice. (+1000) openyour__eyes is just really nice. (+1000) openyour__eyes is just really nice. (+1000) openyour__eyes is just really nice. (+1000) openyour__eyes is just really nice. (+1000) openyour__eyes is just really nice. (+1000) openyour__eyes is just really nice. (+1000) openyour__eyes is just really nice. (+1000) openyour__eyes is just really nice. (+1000) openyour__eyes is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by WorldDomnit View Post
    Sloppy...? hahahahahahaha. Quite the opposite, super clean harmonies and sweeps
    meh at best but i agree w/ your contribution to the actual thread topic
    Your life is your own, rise up and live it.

jaredmus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jaredmus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jaredmus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jaredmus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jaredmus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jaredmus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jaredmus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jaredmus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jaredmus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jaredmus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jaredmus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I like the pause on the conventional, IMO that looked a little bit more natural to me
    Trying to improve day in and day out.

MY youtube-://www.youtube.com/user/JaredBodyB/videos

My instagram-- JaredBB22

InExileVt is on a distinguished road. (+10) InExileVt is on a distinguished road. (+10) InExileVt is on a distinguished road. (+10) InExileVt is on a distinguished road. (+10) InExileVt is on a distinguished road. (+10) InExileVt is on a distinguished road. (+10) InExileVt is on a distinguished road. (+10) InExileVt is on a distinguished road. (+10) InExileVt is on a distinguished road. (+10) InExileVt is on a distinguished road. (+10) InExileVt is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by TonyJH View Post
    You have very long legs, sumo would be better with your mechanics once you get into doing heavier weights

This. Sumo is usually suited to those with long legs. From the angle is was difficult to really see your form but I think you could sit back a bit more. I'd practice with both for a while.

gainmusclefast is a name known to all. (+5000) gainmusclefast is a name known to all. (+5000) gainmusclefast is a name known to all. (+5000) gainmusclefast is a name known to all. (+5000) gainmusclefast is a name known to all. (+5000) gainmusclefast is a name known to all. (+5000) gainmusclefast is a name known to all. (+5000) gainmusclefast is a name known to all. (+5000) gainmusclefast is a name known to all. (+5000) gainmusclefast is a name known to all. (+5000) gainmusclefast is a name known to all. (+5000)
    you want to start with the bar against your shins on sumo
    180lb
    Squat: 465
    Bench: 305
    Deadlift: 545

CurltonBench is a name known to all. (+5000) CurltonBench is a name known to all. (+5000) CurltonBench is a name known to all. (+5000) CurltonBench is a name known to all. (+5000) CurltonBench is a name known to all. (+5000) CurltonBench is a name known to all. (+5000) CurltonBench is a name known to all. (+5000) CurltonBench is a name known to all. (+5000) CurltonBench is a name known to all. (+5000) CurltonBench is a name known to all. (+5000) CurltonBench is a name known to all. (+5000)
    took me 4-5 months to somewhat be decent at sumo deadlift technique. just trial and erroring the form and tons of flexibilty was needed in the hip/groin area.
    I lift therefore I Misc

*cant be arsed to have a nice sig since mods delete it every 2 seconds for no reason crew*