Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    MilosLDN is on a distinguished road. (+10) MilosLDN is on a distinguished road. (+10) MilosLDN is on a distinguished road. (+10) MilosLDN is on a distinguished road. (+10) MilosLDN is on a distinguished road. (+10) MilosLDN is on a distinguished road. (+10) MilosLDN is on a distinguished road. (+10) MilosLDN is on a distinguished road. (+10) MilosLDN is on a distinguished road. (+10) MilosLDN is on a distinguished road. (+10) MilosLDN is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Exercises for a big chest

I don't know whats the big deal with people trying to always find good exercises to build a big chest? People on my ********(Milosldn) constantly ask me about which exercises they should do for a big chest but i thought it was obvious isn't Bench press really the bread and butter of building a nice huge chest. In my chest workout all i do is Bench press flat, incline, decline, and flies not too complicated i just up the sets, reps or weight if it gets easier. Just wanted to know your opinions or if you guys think that there is a better exercise to build a nice all round chest

tastan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) tastan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) tastan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) tastan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) tastan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) tastan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) tastan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) tastan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) tastan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) tastan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) tastan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by MilosLDN View Post
    I don't know whats the big deal with people trying to always find good exercises to build a big chest? People on my ********(Milosldn) constantly ask me about which exercises they should do for a big chest but i thought it was obvious isn't Bench press really the bread and butter of building a nice huge chest. In my chest workout all i do is Bench press flat, incline, decline, and flies not too complicated i just up the sets, reps or weight if it gets easier. Just wanted to know your opinions or if you guys think that there is a better exercise to build a nice all round chest
    You got it. It's simple flat, incline, decline or dips, flys. Incorporating barbell and dumbbells. Keep it simple. Look at chest development of the guys from the 60s and 70s, they had great chests, but they didn't have any fancy equipment.
    AI Sports Nutrition Rep
    NPC competitor
    http://instagram.com/tastankul

http://www.bodybuilding.com/store/ai/ai.htm
    ********.com/AISportsNutrition
    Newsletter: http://forms.aweber.com/form/85/1635053985.htm
    Ask me for samples!

WHEY protein available in Chocolate, Cinnamon roll, Pumpkin pie, Vanilla and Mocha flavors.

Disclaimer: The above post is my personal opinion and does not represent the official position of any company or entity. It does not constitute medical advice.

MilosLDN is on a distinguished road. (+10) MilosLDN is on a distinguished road. (+10) MilosLDN is on a distinguished road. (+10) MilosLDN is on a distinguished road. (+10) MilosLDN is on a distinguished road. (+10) MilosLDN is on a distinguished road. (+10) MilosLDN is on a distinguished road. (+10) MilosLDN is on a distinguished road. (+10) MilosLDN is on a distinguished road. (+10) MilosLDN is on a distinguished road. (+10) MilosLDN is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by tastan View Post
    You got it. It's simple flat, incline, decline or dips, flys. Incorporating barbell and dumbbells. Keep it simple. Look at chest development of the guys from the 60s and 70s, they had great chests, but they didn't have any fancy equipment.
    completely agree
    Online Trainer | Fitness fanatic

********: Milosldn
    Instagram: Milosldn
    Youtube: Milosldn

Helping you reach your goals quicker and easier!

magician27 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) magician27 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) magician27 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) magician27 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) magician27 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) magician27 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) magician27 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) magician27 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) magician27 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) magician27 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) magician27 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    bench press is the only exercise. db press is a bench press too. people usually think that they need to find a fancy exercise that nobody else does

Originally Posted by magician27 View Post
    bench press is the only exercise. db press is a bench press too. people usually think that they need to find a fancy exercise that nobody else does
    haha yeah people always trying to find fancy exercises hence why you see so many vines with people doing dumb stuff

Brozef has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Brozef has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Brozef has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Brozef has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Brozef has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Brozef has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Brozef has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Brozef has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Brozef has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Brozef has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Brozef has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    I think a lot of people fail to get a good chest because is very tempting to go to failure on every set when working the chest. I personally believe that is the biggest reason for stalling size wise when all other factors are in order.
    Last edited by Brozef; 03-12-2015 at 09:08 AM. Reason: typo

thinkgreen is a jewel in the rough. (+500) thinkgreen is a jewel in the rough. (+500) thinkgreen is a jewel in the rough. (+500) thinkgreen is a jewel in the rough. (+500) thinkgreen is a jewel in the rough. (+500) thinkgreen is a jewel in the rough. (+500) thinkgreen is a jewel in the rough. (+500) thinkgreen is a jewel in the rough. (+500) thinkgreen is a jewel in the rough. (+500) thinkgreen is a jewel in the rough. (+500) thinkgreen is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Eat food = bigger chest.
    Brevity is the soul of wit.

Originally Posted by Brozef View Post
    I think a lot of people fail to get a good chest because is very tempting to go to failure on every set when working the chest. I personally believe that is the biggest reason for stalling size wise when all other factors are in order.
    yeah i do agree that people do take chest to failure a lot of the time it has nothing to do with exercise but the way they go about their workout as a whole i guess

Originally Posted by thinkgreen View Post
    Eat food = bigger chest.
    eat BIG to get BIG lol

JenW1990 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JenW1990 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JenW1990 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JenW1990 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JenW1990 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JenW1990 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JenW1990 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JenW1990 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JenW1990 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JenW1990 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JenW1990 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Incline bench and dumbbells, can't beat that. 6-8 reps and negative reps on last 2 reps.. I've recommended this to so many people and they always say how it has started to work.

Originally Posted by JenW1990 View Post
    Incline bench and dumbbells, can't beat that. 6-8 reps and negative reps on last 2 reps.. I've recommended this to so many people and they always say how it has started to work.
    yeah i love dumbbells prefer them to barbell personally

alwayschestday will become famous soon enough. (+50) alwayschestday will become famous soon enough. (+50) alwayschestday will become famous soon enough. (+50) alwayschestday will become famous soon enough. (+50) alwayschestday will become famous soon enough. (+50) alwayschestday will become famous soon enough. (+50) alwayschestday will become famous soon enough. (+50) alwayschestday will become famous soon enough. (+50) alwayschestday will become famous soon enough. (+50) alwayschestday will become famous soon enough. (+50) alwayschestday will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    The only problem is most gyms or allot run out of Dumbbell lbs pretty quick. Mine only goes to 100lb pair.

M1seryD1str1ct is not very well liked. (-100) M1seryD1str1ct is not very well liked. (-100) M1seryD1str1ct is not very well liked. (-100) M1seryD1str1ct is not very well liked. (-100) M1seryD1str1ct is not very well liked. (-100) M1seryD1str1ct is not very well liked. (-100) M1seryD1str1ct is not very well liked. (-100) M1seryD1str1ct is not very well liked. (-100) M1seryD1str1ct is not very well liked. (-100) M1seryD1str1ct is not very well liked. (-100) M1seryD1str1ct is not very well liked. (-100)
    Agreed with the key to a hearty chest is in the consistent simplicity. I've always used the rule of thumb 'after every pressing movement follow it up with a flying movement' to keep a good pattern of deep tears, pump, deep tears, pump. I also only cable fly in a downwards direction too with the pin set high to really knot up that pec.
    Deathcore Crew
    Hull City Hate Crew
    SAMCRO

Registered Anti-Hero SicilianPower's Avatar
    SicilianPower has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SicilianPower has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SicilianPower has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SicilianPower has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SicilianPower has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SicilianPower has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SicilianPower has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SicilianPower has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SicilianPower has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SicilianPower has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SicilianPower has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I do DB Incline/Flat Presses, DB Flys, and Push ups. I used to barbell bench, I actually benched 300lbs last year at 17 years old but I never saw any good gains till I started doing the dumbbell presses/flys. I would still barbell bench but it hurts my shoulder and it really isn't necessary in my opinion.

Asianhulk82 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Asianhulk82 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Asianhulk82 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Asianhulk82 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Asianhulk82 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Asianhulk82 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Asianhulk82 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Asianhulk82 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Asianhulk82 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Asianhulk82 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Asianhulk82 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by thinkgreen View Post
    Eat food = bigger chest.
    THIS ^^^

And Max Weights you can possibly handle for at least 3-4 reps at the last set.

No need to decline, just Incline and Flat. No need for dumbells unless your pecs/delts are way uneven.

Asianhulk82 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Asianhulk82 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Asianhulk82 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Asianhulk82 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Asianhulk82 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Asianhulk82 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Asianhulk82 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Asianhulk82 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Asianhulk82 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Asianhulk82 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Asianhulk82 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by alwayschestday View Post
    The only problem is most gyms or allot run out of Dumbbell lbs pretty quick. Mine only goes to 100lb pair.
    THIS^^^ is correct also. My gym only goes to 35kgs dumbells or 70 lbs. so I only dumbell on flyes

Vitalero has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Vitalero has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Vitalero has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Vitalero has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Vitalero has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Vitalero has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Vitalero has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Vitalero has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Vitalero has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Vitalero has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Vitalero has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    my gym got only 65lb DB, and then it jumps to 85lb so we all only bench, impossible to make that jump lol

Originally Posted by Vitalero View Post
    my gym got only 65lb DB, and then it jumps to 85lb so we all only bench, impossible to make that jump lol
    yeah my gym the dumbbell goes up to 30kg so i have no choice but to barbel but i personally would prefer heavy dumbbell press

Originally Posted by M1seryD1str1ct View Post
    Agreed with the key to a hearty chest is in the consistent simplicity. I've always used the rule of thumb 'after every pressing movement follow it up with a flying movement' to keep a good pattern of deep tears, pump, deep tears, pump. I also only cable fly in a downwards direction too with the pin set high to really knot up that pec.
    agreed

grouchyjarhead has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) grouchyjarhead has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) grouchyjarhead has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) grouchyjarhead has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) grouchyjarhead has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) grouchyjarhead has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) grouchyjarhead has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) grouchyjarhead has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) grouchyjarhead has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) grouchyjarhead has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) grouchyjarhead has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by tastan View Post
    Amen to that. I always thought the powerlifter Doug Young had an awesome chest, he was stretching the tape at almost 60" and was 5'11" and competed as a 242. He mostly just benched heavy (he once benched 611 in a T-shirt) and added in some DB work and dips when he needed to.

My pronouns are bro/brah Tommy W.'s Avatar
    Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by grouchyjarhead View Post
    Amen to that. I always thought the powerlifter Doug Young had an awesome chest, he was stretching the tape at almost 60" and was 5'11" and competed as a 242. He mostly just benched heavy (he once benched 611 in a T-shirt) and added in some DB work and dips when he needed to.

The thing is You aren't Doug Young and nobody else is either. That works good for him but maybe not you.
    If you don't get what you want you didn't want it bad enough

Pro Choice
    Non Christian
    MAGA
    2A Advocate
    FJB

grouchyjarhead has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) grouchyjarhead has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) grouchyjarhead has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) grouchyjarhead has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) grouchyjarhead has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) grouchyjarhead has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) grouchyjarhead has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) grouchyjarhead has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) grouchyjarhead has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) grouchyjarhead has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) grouchyjarhead has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by Tommy W. View Post
    The thing is You aren't Doug Young and nobody else is either. That works good for him but maybe not you.
    So far following the same advice has been pretty good to me (just heavy bench and dips), don't think I'll change it any time soon.

Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by grouchyjarhead View Post
    So far following the same advice has been pretty good to me (just heavy bench and dips), don't think I'll change it any time soon.
    See now you're throwing dips in there. That isn't just benching now is it ;-))

Pro Choice
    Non Christian
    MAGA
    2A Advocate
    FJB

Khalicks is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Khalicks is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Khalicks is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Khalicks is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Khalicks is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Khalicks is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Khalicks is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Khalicks is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Khalicks is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Khalicks is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Khalicks is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    BB bench, DB bench, slight incilne versions of either/both, weighted dips, cable flyes (or pec deck flyes). That's what works for me.

alwayschestday will become famous soon enough. (+50) alwayschestday will become famous soon enough. (+50) alwayschestday will become famous soon enough. (+50) alwayschestday will become famous soon enough. (+50) alwayschestday will become famous soon enough. (+50) alwayschestday will become famous soon enough. (+50) alwayschestday will become famous soon enough. (+50) alwayschestday will become famous soon enough. (+50) alwayschestday will become famous soon enough. (+50) alwayschestday will become famous soon enough. (+50) alwayschestday will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    "See, the trouble with the bench press is that it is more an exercise for the front deltoids of your shoulders, than it is an exercise for the chest. EMG studies reveal that the front deltoids receive the same stimulation as the pectoralis major of the chest during the flat bench press.

The front deltoids are very small in comparison to the pectoralis major muscle of the chest.
    Since the front deltoids are a very small muscle compared to the huge pectoralis major of the chest, it stands to reason that during the bench press the deltoids of your shoulders will fatigue way before your chest even starts to get a proper workout. As a result you will end your workout before fully involving your chest."

"Due to the rising popularity of the bench press, rotator cuff surgery is at an all time high.
    The bench press places too much strain on the rotator cuff muscles of the shoulders, and very commonly leads to injury, damage and wear & tear of the rotator cuff over time.
    For this reason, the bench press is widely reported as being the most common cause of shoulder injuries in the gym."

Couldn't agree more with these excerpts.

Xuaxace is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Xuaxace is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Xuaxace is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Xuaxace is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Xuaxace is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Xuaxace is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Xuaxace is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Xuaxace is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Xuaxace is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Xuaxace is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Xuaxace is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    ^^^ depends how you bench

I bench really wide, with a big arch, which increases emphasis on the pec major in two ways (pre tension, origin point is moved further up which increases tension in the muscle) and a very large momment arm (so the pec has to create considerable more torque (effort). The arch also helps in planting the shoulderblades which moves the glenoid fossa down, which reduces the required shoulder flexion in the movement (reducing front delt requirement)

So while all of this seems like PL bench technique, it is also the goat for targetting the pec major (sternal/costal head) on a barbell movement.

Obiously i throw some incline to fill the gaps in the clavicular/delt area here and there.
    "Do not subordinate fundamental principles to minor details."

Physiotherapy instagram
    https://www.instagram.com/dayyan.physio/

Originally Posted by alwayschestday View Post
    "See, the trouble with the bench press is that it is more an exercise for the front deltoids of your shoulders, than it is an exercise for the chest. EMG studies reveal that the front deltoids receive the same stimulation as the pectoralis major of the chest during the flat bench press.

The front deltoids are very small in comparison to the pectoralis major muscle of the chest.
    Since the front deltoids are a very small muscle compared to the huge pectoralis major of the chest, it stands to reason that during the bench press the deltoids of your shoulders will fatigue way before your chest even starts to get a proper workout. As a result you will end your workout before fully involving your chest."

"Due to the rising popularity of the bench press, rotator cuff surgery is at an all time high.
    The bench press places too much strain on the rotator cuff muscles of the shoulders, and very commonly leads to injury, damage and wear & tear of the rotator cuff over time.
    For this reason, the bench press is widely reported as being the most common cause of shoulder injuries in the gym."

Couldn't agree more with these excerpts.
    This^^^^

For many people it isn't bad form that's causing them shoulder problem while flat benching, it's the way their shoulders are structured internally. Some people just don't have the room in there to perform the exercise without causing problems.

Pro Choice
    Non Christian
    MAGA
    2A Advocate
    FJB

Vitalero has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Vitalero has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Vitalero has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Vitalero has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Vitalero has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Vitalero has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Vitalero has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Vitalero has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Vitalero has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Vitalero has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Vitalero has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by Tommy W. View Post
    This^^^^

For many people it isn't bad form that's causing them shoulder problem while flat benching, it's the way their shoulders are structured internally. Some people just don't have the room in there to perform the exercise without causing problems.
    What you are saying is if training shoulders well enough it supposed to remove the pain and problem while benching?
    any specific shoulder exc to hit the right side of the muscle ? front deltoid as in military press?

Originally Posted by Vitalero View Post
    What you are saying is if training shoulders well enough it supposed to remove the pain and problem while benching?
    any specific shoulder exc to hit the right side of the muscle ? front deltoid as in military press?
    No. There are different types of Acromium (Internal shoulder part). If you have a "Hooked" acromium you'll have a good chance of having impingement issues during certain exercises, benching included. There really isn't anything you can do short of surgery (sumacromial decompression). The best defense is to do very light rotator cuff exercises on a regular basis.

Pro Choice
    Non Christian
    MAGA
    2A Advocate
    FJB

muhr has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    When your goal is to build bigger pecs as soon as possible, getting creative with exercise selection is not only unnecessary, but in most cases counterproductive. Machines certainly have their place in a hypertrophy routine, but anyone who tells you he got a big chest by doing only the pec deck is either (a) a liar or (b) a pec deck salesman. Adding size requires focusing on the most basic lifting equipment in the gym: barbells, dumbbells and benches.