Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    isolid17 isolid17 isolid17 isolid17 isolid17 isolid17 isolid17 isolid17 isolid17 isolid17 isolid17

Why does society force everyone to go university/get a job?

guys i was wondering what were your thoughts on this topic. I have always wonder especially why everybody has to follow a societal structure like(get a job, go to school, go to uni)it seems like everyone's' lives are identical in a sense, and it seems that if your not doing this thing i have mentioned in my title the world considers you a loser. Please speak your mind please and no foolishness please thanks.

sword_ has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sword_ has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sword_ has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sword_ has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sword_ has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sword_ has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sword_ has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sword_ has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sword_ has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sword_ has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sword_ has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Society is constructed to maintain the status quo and contribute to society so it is maintained for centuries brah.
    A hit was sent, from the President, to raid your residence /
    Because you had secret evidence, and documents /
    On how they raped the continents, and it's the prominent /
    Dominant Islamic, Asiatic Black Hebrew

- GZA "4th Chamber"

vsukicker is a name known to all. (+5000) vsukicker is a name known to all. (+5000) vsukicker is a name known to all. (+5000) vsukicker is a name known to all. (+5000) vsukicker is a name known to all. (+5000) vsukicker is a name known to all. (+5000) vsukicker is a name known to all. (+5000) vsukicker is a name known to all. (+5000) vsukicker is a name known to all. (+5000) vsukicker is a name known to all. (+5000) vsukicker is a name known to all. (+5000)
    loser crew...im aesthetic though so its all good
    Miami Hurricanes
    ***Georgia Crew***
    Swedish/Cuban Crew.....only member
    Hair of the Gods Crew

I found that if you have a goal, you might not reach it. But if you don't have one, then you are never disappointed. And I gotta tell ya, it feels phenomenal.

canconfirmsrs will become famous soon enough. (+50) canconfirmsrs will become famous soon enough. (+50) canconfirmsrs will become famous soon enough. (+50) canconfirmsrs will become famous soon enough. (+50) canconfirmsrs will become famous soon enough. (+50) canconfirmsrs will become famous soon enough. (+50) canconfirmsrs will become famous soon enough. (+50) canconfirmsrs will become famous soon enough. (+50) canconfirmsrs will become famous soon enough. (+50) canconfirmsrs will become famous soon enough. (+50) canconfirmsrs will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    A degree makes it easier to make decent money. Yeah there's ways around it but why wouldn't you want a higher chance of being financially stable?

It's not your whole life wasted, plenty of time to pursue your passions. And for some the degree relates to it.

isolid17 isolid17 isolid17 isolid17 isolid17 isolid17 isolid17 isolid17 isolid17 isolid17 isolid17
    Originally Posted by sword_ View Post
    Society is constructed to maintain the status quo and contribute to society so it is maintained for centuries brah.
    What society there isnt nothing to maintain, society itselfs is going to destruct once the people have had enough of doing the same old ****.

Originally Posted by canconfirmsrs View Post
    A degree makes it easier to make decent money. Yeah there's ways around it but why wouldn't you want a higher chance of being financially stable?

It's not your whole life wasted, plenty of time to pursue your passions. And for some the degree relates to it.
    When is the last time a degree has meant a 100% sucess rate, seriously. Why don't people go againist this stuff like having a degree don't mean jack **** anymore.

PowerOfTruth is a name known to all. (+5000) PowerOfTruth is a name known to all. (+5000) PowerOfTruth is a name known to all. (+5000) PowerOfTruth is a name known to all. (+5000) PowerOfTruth is a name known to all. (+5000) PowerOfTruth is a name known to all. (+5000) PowerOfTruth is a name known to all. (+5000) PowerOfTruth is a name known to all. (+5000) PowerOfTruth is a name known to all. (+5000) PowerOfTruth is a name known to all. (+5000) PowerOfTruth is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Conformity = control.

SolidOakie is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SolidOakie is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SolidOakie is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SolidOakie is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SolidOakie is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SolidOakie is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SolidOakie is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SolidOakie is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SolidOakie is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SolidOakie is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SolidOakie is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    You need money to survive. You need a job to make money. I am not sold on having to go to college but c'mon man you need a job.
    "That's the cool thing about lifting weights, man. They get older, I stay the same age." - David Wooderson

canconfirmsrs will become famous soon enough. (+50) canconfirmsrs will become famous soon enough. (+50) canconfirmsrs will become famous soon enough. (+50) canconfirmsrs will become famous soon enough. (+50) canconfirmsrs will become famous soon enough. (+50) canconfirmsrs will become famous soon enough. (+50) canconfirmsrs will become famous soon enough. (+50) canconfirmsrs will become famous soon enough. (+50) canconfirmsrs will become famous soon enough. (+50) canconfirmsrs will become famous soon enough. (+50) canconfirmsrs will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by isolid17 View Post
    When is the last time a degree has meant a 100% sucess rate, seriously. Why don't people go againist this stuff like having a degree don't mean jack **** anymore.
    I said higher not 100% lmao. When applying for jobs having a degree certainly makes it a lot easier m8. And how does going to school and getting a degree mean everyone's lives are the same? It's not even your whole life.

Ghost Bulk Time SasquatchHunter's Avatar
    SasquatchHunter is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SasquatchHunter is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SasquatchHunter is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SasquatchHunter is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SasquatchHunter is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SasquatchHunter is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SasquatchHunter is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SasquatchHunter is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SasquatchHunter is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SasquatchHunter is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SasquatchHunter is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Well you could go on that hobo time op. It is an option.

Rain50 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Rain50 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Rain50 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Rain50 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Rain50 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Rain50 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Rain50 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Rain50 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Rain50 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Rain50 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Rain50 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    There was a peak where having a college education really meant something, but after going to college kind of became the 'norm'.. it doesn't have as much significance behind it anymore. Don't get me wrong, a college degree is still a great thing to have, but a lot of employers these days are realizing that there are a ton of non-college-grads with more experience/knowledge in subject matter areas than college grads. Unfortunately, society is very slow to also realize this. I think we are slowly getting onto the right path though and not shoving college down kids' throats as much as we use to.

I could be wrong though.

Hopefully that makes sense
    My life feels like a never ending journey of fighting morons.. every single day.

~Positive Realist~
    *there is such a thing as a positive realist crew*
    *Nice guy crew*
    *Friendly dude crew*

Slicing up eyeballs ChiBearsfan's Avatar
    ChiBearsfan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ChiBearsfan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ChiBearsfan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ChiBearsfan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ChiBearsfan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ChiBearsfan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ChiBearsfan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ChiBearsfan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ChiBearsfan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ChiBearsfan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ChiBearsfan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    OP you are what is called a hippie.

You should search out something called a commune if you do not want to be included in capitalistic society.

Otherwise life consists of a competition to determine who gets control of scarce and valuable resources.

You do not have to go to university or follow any other of the societal norms.

But if you choose not to you either need to find an alternate way to compete, or settle for being a loser.

Zawan is on a distinguished road. (+10) Zawan is on a distinguished road. (+10) Zawan is on a distinguished road. (+10) Zawan is on a distinguished road. (+10) Zawan is on a distinguished road. (+10) Zawan is on a distinguished road. (+10) Zawan is on a distinguished road. (+10) Zawan is on a distinguished road. (+10) Zawan is on a distinguished road. (+10) Zawan is on a distinguished road. (+10) Zawan is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Its a type of sifting i guess. People need to judge people and attaining degrees is just another method to do so.

Originally Posted by canconfirmsrs View Post
    I said higher not 100% lmao. When applying for jobs having a degree certainly makes it a lot easier m8. And how does going to school and getting a degree mean everyone's lives are the same? It's not even your whole life.
    Why conform tho, having a degree means you can stick to something under pressure, it dont mean guaranteed sucess why can't you start a business or soemthing or start a ministry, like wtf happened to the misc, why is everybody on this brainwashing bull**** bipolar ****, what happened to the outlaws who were againist the systems of this crap planet, cmon son.

mattd41 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) mattd41 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) mattd41 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) mattd41 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) mattd41 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) mattd41 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) mattd41 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) mattd41 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) mattd41 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) mattd41 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) mattd41 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank)
    My back can't afford to be swinging a sledgehammer for a living into my 60's with a high school education.

VestBrah is just really nice. (+1000) VestBrah is just really nice. (+1000) VestBrah is just really nice. (+1000) VestBrah is just really nice. (+1000) VestBrah is just really nice. (+1000) VestBrah is just really nice. (+1000) VestBrah is just really nice. (+1000) VestBrah is just really nice. (+1000) VestBrah is just really nice. (+1000) VestBrah is just really nice. (+1000) VestBrah is just really nice. (+1000)
    The UK government want young people to go to uni because it keeps unemployment figures low. Srs.
    ☆☆☆υк ¢яєω☆☆☆

Why conform tho, having a degree means you can stick to something under pressure, it dont mean guaranteed sucess why can't you start a business or soemthing or start a ministry, like wtf happened to the misc, why is everybody on this brainwashing bull**** bipolar ****, what happened to the outlaws who were againist the systems of this crap planet, cmon son.
    I didn't conform when I got my degree. I got it because for me personally it was a good decision. Dude I'm all for sticking it to the man but there's a point where it just becomes "I want to live life in the easiest way possible."

I can relate to being passionate about something that doesn't require a degree though, I'm an aspiring musician. I realised that music was what I truly wanted to do after I got my degree, but I'm glad I didn't try and pursue it earlier with no money to fall back on.

Starting a business doesn't guarantee success either bro.

Fortes Fortuna Iuvat ZPGLazarus's Avatar
    ZPGLazarus is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ZPGLazarus is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ZPGLazarus is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ZPGLazarus is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ZPGLazarus is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ZPGLazarus is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ZPGLazarus is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ZPGLazarus is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ZPGLazarus is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ZPGLazarus is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ZPGLazarus is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    No one puts a gun to your head and makes you go to college.

What was trade school?
    What was military?
    What was police academy?
    What was driving a garbage truck around town for $30 bucks an hour?

Kids these days are smart as hell and can learn ANYTHING on the internet, but they can't think critically for ****.

And that's why we also have a generation of kids treating college like a party, getting useless degrees in fields too competitive to find a job in, and struggling to pay student loans for 20 years.
    US ARMY Vet crew

Alaska Powerlifting Crew
    1000lb club 10/16/14

Summer cut:
    Starting weight: 158lbs
    Current weight: 141.6lbs

Originally Posted by VestBrah View Post
    The UK government want young people to go to uni because it keeps unemployment figures low. Srs.
    Doesn't make any sense since the majority of the uni students are going to come out without a job anyway, regardless of having a pointless degree they got from studying so and so. The government want young kids to go to uni, because peopel are mediocre and they suck at life. Like the majortiy of people in uni dont kno what to do with themselves and just passing time, and there going in because they need something to do cmon,son

ScandiPhag is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ScandiPhag is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ScandiPhag is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ScandiPhag is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ScandiPhag is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ScandiPhag is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ScandiPhag is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ScandiPhag is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ScandiPhag is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ScandiPhag is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ScandiPhag is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    I want to retire in Spain and play golf, don't care if it's conformity.

ScandiPhag is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ScandiPhag is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ScandiPhag is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ScandiPhag is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ScandiPhag is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ScandiPhag is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ScandiPhag is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ScandiPhag is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ScandiPhag is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ScandiPhag is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ScandiPhag is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Doesn't make any sense since the majority of the uni students are going to come out without a job anyway, regardless of having a pointless degree they got from studying so and so. The government want young kids to go to uni, because peopel are mediocre and they suck at life. Like the majortiy of people in uni dont kno what to do with themselves and just passing time, and there going in because they need something to do cmon,son
    What should they do instead? You can make it without a degree, but it is much harder. Why decrease your chance of success? Working in retail is not my life goal.

Originally Posted by ZPGLazarus View Post
    No one puts a gun to your head and makes you go to college.

What was trade school?
    What was military?
    What was police academy?
    What was driving a garbage truck around town for $30 bucks an hour?

Kids these days are smart as hell and can learn ANYTHING on the internet, but they can't think critically for ****.

And that's why we also have a generation of kids treating college like a party, getting useless degrees in fields too competitive to find a job in, and struggling to pay student loans for 20 years.
    Kids musn't be as smart, if they cant think critically, it means they can learn and pick up on things alot quicker, like anyone can do that. A guy like me is an ****ing nobody, a joke yet i created this thread.

Originally Posted by Scandi**** View Post
    What should they do instead? You can make it without a degree, but it is much harder. Why decrease your chance of success? Working in retail is not my life goal.
    if your not going to pour in your heart and soul into uni, why even jump in the first place. Might as well live a life of crime and capitivity, and **** life.

Hadzikic has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Hadzikic has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Hadzikic has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Hadzikic has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Hadzikic has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Hadzikic has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Hadzikic has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Hadzikic has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Hadzikic has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Hadzikic has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Hadzikic has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    guys i was wondering what were your thoughts on this topic. I have always wonder especially why everybody has to follow a societal structure like(get a job, go to school, go to uni)it seems like everyone's' lives are identical in a sense, and it seems that if your not doing this thing i have mentioned in my title the world considers you a loser. Please speak your mind please and no foolishness please thanks.
    cause who's gonna be a competent doctor/ medical researcher without going to uni u sillyfuk.

Originally Posted by Hadzikic View Post
    cause who's gonna be a competent doctor/ medical researcher without going to uni u sillyfuk.
    im not planing to be a doctor you retard, its a entirely different debate you ****ing bitch monkey.

wulpurgis has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) wulpurgis has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) wulpurgis has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) wulpurgis has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) wulpurgis has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) wulpurgis has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) wulpurgis has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) wulpurgis has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) wulpurgis has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) wulpurgis has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) wulpurgis has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)

Aristotle said, roughly, that if you live without other people you are either a god or animal.

Nietzsche said, roughly, that you can be both: a philosopher, the divine animal.

look at the hobo who is happy to have no job, no house, no responsibility. look at the monk who lives alone in the monastery. look at the hermit alone in his cabin. that's the life for some people, it isn't any easier, it's just different.

SadBoys is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SadBoys is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SadBoys is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SadBoys is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SadBoys is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SadBoys is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SadBoys is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SadBoys is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SadBoys is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SadBoys is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SadBoys is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    So they can control you, brainwash you and profit of you.
    No hymen, no diamond crew
    Politically incorrect crew
    Wieners out crew

fidélité à la mort MajesticLion's Avatar
    MajesticLion has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MajesticLion has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MajesticLion has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MajesticLion has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MajesticLion has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MajesticLion has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MajesticLion has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MajesticLion has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MajesticLion has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MajesticLion has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MajesticLion has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    The killing fields need blood to graze the cash cow...

Neybor has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Neybor has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Neybor has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Neybor has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Neybor has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Neybor has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Neybor has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Neybor has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Neybor has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Neybor has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Neybor has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by SolidOakie View Post
    You need money to survive. You need a job to make money. I am not sold on having to go to college but c'mon man you need a job.
    And don't you see what's wrong with this? every square inch of the planet is "owned" by someone and we are forced to aquire money that those same "owners" created just to survive !!

It's a fuking joke and you are straight up ignorant if you can't see that. There is no alternatives and there is no longer any way to be truly free.
    We don't negotiate with feminists.

Bassackwards has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bassackwards has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bassackwards has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bassackwards has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bassackwards has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bassackwards has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bassackwards has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bassackwards has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bassackwards has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bassackwards has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bassackwards has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    just my .02 cents. you dont need to have an education to have a job. remember, minimal skills=minimum wage.

in the past, you didn't need a college education to make a living. as most of the manual labor type jobs went away, competition for the remaining jobs (administrative, technical, etc) was higher, resulting in a need to make people more marketable. hence education and experience became important.

the recession made things worst. as companies failed and people were laid off, entry level positions were now being filled with people who had bachelors and masters degrees. the workplace was saturated with overqualified people who were dirt cheap. since these people are still filling these entry level jobs, and the baby boomers are still not retiring, the only way to be competitive is to get higher education.

vocational jobs are still out there though and imo, the best route if getting a college degree is not your thing.
    US Navy Veteran
    eats sriracha with everything
    ^^VV<><> BA Start