instapaul has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

43 yrs old and cannot shift FAT

Stuck @ 35% bodyfat.

Been going to gym 4 times a week for almost 4 months.
    Drink 2 litres a water per day min.
    Eat 600-800g of breast per day.
    x4 HIIT per week (only 15 minutes pre workout - loosen joints etc)

Cut out bread, potatoes, sugar, alcohol etc etc

I feel great and noticing strength/veins/muscle gains but stomach makes me look pregnant.

I started a course of instant knockout 4 weeks ago and still no BF difference!

Watching youtube vids all the time but this fat is really getting to me.

Any ideas or tips? I weigh everyday and log food intake.
    He Conquers, Whom Conquers Himself

Marius_Ursus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Marius_Ursus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Marius_Ursus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Marius_Ursus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Marius_Ursus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Marius_Ursus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Marius_Ursus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Marius_Ursus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Marius_Ursus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Marius_Ursus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Marius_Ursus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by instapaul View Post

wat

Do you keep a food diary? That made all the difference for me.
    "Blessed be the Lord my rock, who trains my hands for war and my fingers for battle." - Psalm 144:1

Also, taxation is theft.

wuzupman has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) wuzupman has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) wuzupman has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) wuzupman has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) wuzupman has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) wuzupman has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) wuzupman has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) wuzupman has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) wuzupman has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Fasting helps me.

SuratusBrah will become famous soon enough. (+50) SuratusBrah will become famous soon enough. (+50) SuratusBrah will become famous soon enough. (+50) SuratusBrah will become famous soon enough. (+50) SuratusBrah will become famous soon enough. (+50) SuratusBrah will become famous soon enough. (+50) SuratusBrah will become famous soon enough. (+50) SuratusBrah will become famous soon enough. (+50) SuratusBrah will become famous soon enough. (+50) SuratusBrah will become famous soon enough. (+50) SuratusBrah will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    To much cardio for me. I cut with just diet and use cardio only when I'm sub 10%. My macros are .82 x bodyweight for protein about 60 fats then fill the rest with carbs. According to my tdee. I test for a week then repeat when I stop weight loss lower my cals by 50-100 per day then repeat. Consistensy and my fitness pal your best friends.
    Brah Crew

instapaul has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    thanks for the replies.

I do log what i eat and keep my diet relatively simple.

I looked into fasting - i only ate between 11am and 7pm - tried for two weeks - nothing!

I used to have six pack but i've had a fat arse for almost 14 years now!
    He Conquers, Whom Conquers Himself

azeeb has a spectacular aura about. (+250) azeeb has a spectacular aura about. (+250) azeeb has a spectacular aura about. (+250) azeeb has a spectacular aura about. (+250) azeeb has a spectacular aura about. (+250) azeeb has a spectacular aura about. (+250) azeeb has a spectacular aura about. (+250) azeeb has a spectacular aura about. (+250) azeeb has a spectacular aura about. (+250) azeeb has a spectacular aura about. (+250) azeeb has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    I assume this is chicken breast? That is a lot. Roughly a pound and a half. That's over 1000 calories right there. What else are you eating every day?

Eat less and you will start losing weight.

acrawlingchaos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) acrawlingchaos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) acrawlingchaos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) acrawlingchaos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) acrawlingchaos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) acrawlingchaos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) acrawlingchaos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) acrawlingchaos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) acrawlingchaos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) acrawlingchaos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) acrawlingchaos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    You are not going to "shift" fat. You can lose it or gain it, but not "shift" it.

If you are not losing fat, you are consuming too many calories. If you are not counting and weighing your food, you have no idea how many calories you are eating.

Jeff987 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jeff987 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jeff987 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jeff987 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jeff987 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jeff987 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jeff987 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jeff987 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jeff987 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jeff987 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jeff987 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    That's way too much chicken! My goodness; do you hate it, yet?

Why not move toward a full-rounded diet of about 2,000 calories? Throw in 45 minutes to an hour of cardio daily. Even walking is perfectly fine if you don't want to gasp for air.

IMO, unless you are a "freakishly cut" competitor who needs to watch raisins, enjoy a well-rounded diet. Eat a healthy assortment of fruits, vegetables and meats. Have breads and cheeses - just not too much. Avoid thick, high-calories gravies. Eat whole foods.

Even enjoy a few scoops of ice-cream once a week, or so. It's all okay in balance and moderation. IMO, the process of getting there is far more effective, lasting and fulfilling if you re-learn how to eat like a healthy person. Fad dieting and goofy rules don't work well for most people (including me).

thelojones is just really nice. (+1000) thelojones is just really nice. (+1000) thelojones is just really nice. (+1000) thelojones is just really nice. (+1000) thelojones is just really nice. (+1000) thelojones is just really nice. (+1000) thelojones is just really nice. (+1000) thelojones is just really nice. (+1000) thelojones is just really nice. (+1000) thelojones is just really nice. (+1000) thelojones is just really nice. (+1000)
    If you aren't weighing/measuring every speck of food you eat then that's your answer and where you need to start.

Pull out your food diary and give us an idea of what a day of eating looks like for you.
    Max weight I've lifted In 2017. Trying to figure out how to cut, thinking of walking on stage next year.

BENCH-----365x1 315x7 https://youtube.com/watch?v=cQnW_pY8Oqs
    SQUAT-----405x1 https://www.instagram.com/p/BS9Pkj6AvL3
    DEADS-----0 Hurt me back :( (while deading)

Chris_T has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Chris_T has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Chris_T has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Chris_T has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Chris_T has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Chris_T has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Chris_T has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Chris_T has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Chris_T has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Chris_T has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Chris_T has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by Jeff987 View Post

IMO, unless you are a "freakishly cut" competitor who needs to watch raisins, enjoy a well-rounded diet.
    That's when you know you're next level--when raisins are a cheat meal.

Registered User wesleytimmons41's Avatar
    wesleytimmons41 will become famous soon enough. (+50) wesleytimmons41 will become famous soon enough. (+50) wesleytimmons41 will become famous soon enough. (+50) wesleytimmons41 will become famous soon enough. (+50) wesleytimmons41 will become famous soon enough. (+50) wesleytimmons41 will become famous soon enough. (+50) wesleytimmons41 will become famous soon enough. (+50) wesleytimmons41 will become famous soon enough. (+50) wesleytimmons41 will become famous soon enough. (+50) wesleytimmons41 will become famous soon enough. (+50) wesleytimmons41 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    like others have pointed out, it's all in your eating, if your weighing and logging everything like you mention, and your staying the same weight, you need to cut out a few hundred calories a day, likely close to 500 to see some quick results.
    when im trying to lose weight I typically try to eat 4 meals at 400 cals plus a couple of hundred miscellaneous calories like coffee/tea , and get pretty fast results, like 3.5 lbs a week for a few weeks, then up my cals a bit for a lb or 2 a week weight loss until i get to desired, then go to my maintenance level of aprox 2500 cals.

BankWalker has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BankWalker has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BankWalker has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BankWalker has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BankWalker has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BankWalker has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BankWalker has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BankWalker has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BankWalker has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BankWalker has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BankWalker has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    OP, you're not alone. Nobody can shift fat. Fat can't become muscle and muscle can't become fat. If you're not dropping fat you need to eat less.

CrazyMountain has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) CrazyMountain has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) CrazyMountain has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    If you ever look at the body fat % caliper charts, as you go up in age, it considers a higher bf% based on the same measurements. This is because as we age, we put more fat around our organs. You are seeing the result of years and years of your body adding fat around your organs. you are seeing more muscle definition and veins because your body is burning the fat in your limbs first, and it will burn the fat around your organs last. Nothing you can do about that. It is impossible to spot burn fat. Unfortunately, it is going to take a long gradual path to burning that inner organ/abdominal fat. Don't be discouraged. stick with it. Cut and diet for a while, then gradually add calories and follow a muscle building plan. Then go back to dieting and cutting. The belly will be the last to go, but enjoy the noticeable changes along the way and stay motivated.

pharmamarketer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) pharmamarketer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) pharmamarketer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) pharmamarketer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) pharmamarketer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) pharmamarketer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) pharmamarketer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) pharmamarketer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) pharmamarketer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) pharmamarketer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) pharmamarketer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I thought you wrote "**** fat". Lol
    I'm a great believer in luck and I find the harder I work, the more I have of it. ~ Thomas Jefferson

twbranch is not very well liked. (-100) twbranch is not very well liked. (-100) twbranch is not very well liked. (-100) twbranch is not very well liked. (-100) twbranch is not very well liked. (-100) twbranch is not very well liked. (-100) twbranch is not very well liked. (-100) twbranch is not very well liked. (-100) twbranch is not very well liked. (-100) twbranch is not very well liked. (-100) twbranch is not very well liked. (-100)
    Get one of those divided tupperware plates, the big side should be veggies (green, orange, red veggies), one small side put a 4 oz piece of fish like salmon, and the other small side, fruit or a bean or quinoa. That has worked for me since January. Lost my gut by cutting out bread and sugar. I never ate that much bread and sugar to begin with but I must have ate enough because when I deleted it, my gut went too. Also for breakfast, fisherman's eggs! Sounds like crap but man is it good! I have cottage cheese and fruit for lunch. Supplement with protein balls (homemade) or shakes. I have a simple diet and a rigorous work out but never hungry, always growing. Good luck! Btw, I am 41 and never lifted until January.

πŸ…ΎπŸ…ΌπŸ…΄πŸ…ΆπŸ…° πŸ††πŸ…΄πŸ…°πŸ…ΏπŸ…ΎπŸ…½ EjnarKolinkar's Avatar
    EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Stuck @ 35% bodyfat.

Been going to gym 4 times a week for almost 4 months.
    Drink 2 litres a water per day min.
    x4 HIIT per week (only 15 minutes pre workout - loosen joints etc)

Cut out bread, potatoes, sugar, alcohol etc etc

I feel great and noticing strength/veins/muscle gains but stomach makes me look pregnant.

I started a course of instant knockout 4 weeks ago and still no BF difference!

Any ideas or tips? I weigh everyday and log food intake.

Sure man, probably need to eat less.

Going to have to reduce intake incrementally, watch progress, repeat as needed until you find a sweet spot. DOn't get carried away reducing cals too quickly, you have to have energy to train.

Check this out too:

Emma-Leigh's Calculating Calories and Macronutrients
    The most important aspect of weight training; whether for the athlete, bodybuilder, or average person is to better ones health and ability without injury. - Bill Pearl

hmmmm16417 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) hmmmm16417 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) hmmmm16417 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) hmmmm16417 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) hmmmm16417 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) hmmmm16417 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) hmmmm16417 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) hmmmm16417 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) hmmmm16417 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) hmmmm16417 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) hmmmm16417 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by thelojones View Post
    If you aren't weighing/measuring every speck of food you eat then that's your answer and where you need to start.

Pull out your food diary and give us an idea of what a day of eating looks like for you.
    Originally Posted by Marius_Ursus View Post
    wat

Do you keep a food diary? That made all the difference for me.
    ^^this^^ (both above)

you MUST track what you eat ... weigh and measure and count EVERYTHING....no guessing or estimating. THIS INCLUDES DRINKS!

figure out your macros and find your tdee and go from there.

every couple weeks re-evaluate and adjust if you are not losing 1-2 lbs per week.

you need to post the response to these simple questions

have you read the stickies in the nutritional section?
    hav eyou been to www.iifym.com ?
    how many calories are you eating per day?
    how many of those calories are from Protein?
    how many from carbs?
    how many from fats?

let us know and that will give us more info to work on with you