AT121 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) AT121 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) AT121 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) AT121 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) AT121 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) AT121 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) AT121 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) AT121 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) AT121 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) AT121 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) AT121 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Best way to determine activity level?

I have a physical job and it varies day to day how demanding it can be.

I have a BMR figured out, but I have a hard time accounting for the energy burned during work hours and daily excercise.

This causes problems when trying to lose fat because some days that BMR of 1750 feels like a crash diet, other days not so much.

Thanks in advance for any advices.

Rooskie93 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Rooskie93 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Rooskie93 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Rooskie93 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Rooskie93 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Rooskie93 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Rooskie93 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Rooskie93 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Rooskie93 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Rooskie93 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Rooskie93 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by AT121 View Post
    I have a physical job and it varies day to day how demanding it can be.

I have a BMR figured out, but I have a hard time accounting for the energy burned during work hours and daily excercise.

This causes problems when trying to lose fat because some days that BMR of 1750 feels like a crash diet, other days not so much.

Thanks in advance for any advices.
    What do you do for work? I myself have a very physical job 40 hrs a week you might not always be doing a lot lifting etc but just walking around all day helps a lot, food is fuel for your body I don't think if you don't do much physical stuff at work that one day will matter how much you should be eating since i'm assuming you will be still going to the gym.

HelpfulBrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HelpfulBrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HelpfulBrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HelpfulBrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HelpfulBrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HelpfulBrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HelpfulBrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HelpfulBrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HelpfulBrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HelpfulBrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HelpfulBrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Depends, I invested in a fitbit to track my steps and cals burned. I work retail so its a lot of walking. I burn 3-4.5k cals depending on the shift of 4-8hours. I always just followed my weightx10 for cals consumed. I rather underestimate then over.
    Insta~ Gus_omg i follow back miscers.
    EDM Crew

AT121 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) AT121 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) AT121 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) AT121 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) AT121 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) AT121 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) AT121 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) AT121 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) AT121 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) AT121 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) AT121 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I work in construction. In the past Instead of factoring in an activity level in the BMR calculations, I just wouldnt subtract the usual ~500 cals. I figured that work/gym would make a deficit.
    Lately though it feels like not enough, I have low energy at the gym etc.

I feel a ****meter wouldn't really give me a accurate idea, and I read a heart rate monitor Isnt really meant to be worn all day.

I could just increase to 2300 or something and slowly lower it but I don't weigh myself I just use the mirror and don't know if I could truly determine the right amount.

Rooskie93 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Rooskie93 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Rooskie93 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Rooskie93 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Rooskie93 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Rooskie93 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Rooskie93 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Rooskie93 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Rooskie93 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Rooskie93 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Rooskie93 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by AT121 View Post
    I work in construction. In the past Instead of factoring in an activity level in the BMR calculations, I just wouldnt subtract the usual ~500 cals. I figured that work/gym would make a deficit.
    Lately though it feels like not enough, I have low energy at the gym etc.

I feel a ****meter wouldn't really give me a accurate idea, and I read a heart rate monitor Isnt really meant to be worn all day.

I could just increase to 2300 or something and slowly lower it but I don't weigh myself I just use the mirror and don't know if I could truly determine the right amount.
    If you say you have no energy I would think that has nothing to do with the amount you're eating and moreso what you're actually eating.

JaredPunch has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JaredPunch has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JaredPunch has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JaredPunch has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JaredPunch has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JaredPunch has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JaredPunch has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JaredPunch has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JaredPunch has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JaredPunch has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JaredPunch has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Most precise, but still aproximative way, to determine your activity factor is counting hour by hour
    BMR : 24 it's your baseline hourly burn BHB.

BHB x 0.2 = sleeping
    BHB x 0 = resting but not sleeping
    BHB x 2 = light activity like studying, typing, cooking, reading, strolling, bathroom activities
    BHB x 3 = laboratory work, walking
    BHB x 4 = moderate activity like walking fast, jogging, gardening, carrying shopping bags
    BHB x 5 = heavy manual labor, digging, climbing, construction work, tree falling
    BHB x 6 = weight training, dancing, cycling,
    BHB x 7 = competition sports like soccer matches, football matches, tennis
    BHB x 8 = circuit training
    BHB x 9 = marathons and decathlons