Testi75 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Testi75 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Testi75 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Testi75 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Testi75 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Testi75 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Testi75 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Testi75 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Testi75 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Testi75 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Testi75 will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Squat pain on the 'Up' (Concentric?) phase

Hi all,

Firstly bit of history, I'm 39 and a year ago I did SS for about 6 months and it was good, very good, infact I loved it. Then life got difficult (relationship) and life pretty much became unmanageable, I stopped going to the gym yada yada ect. Anyway all that is behind me now and about a month ago I started SS again; all was going as planned until last week, I got to 190lbs (not a great deal I know) when I was coming up from the squat I got a very sharp pain in my left groin which in turn made compensate by putting more weight on the right side(not good). It's been a few days and there was still pain today at the gym so didn't use much weight at all.

I am confident my form is or rather was good, I have read the book twice and watched the videos countless times, especially the squat video. I have been searching the internet and asking peeps at the gym, doctors are useless where I am, they just say, "rest and don't do 'heavy' squats again". I need a bit more than that. I can't squat with this pain, it isn't the 'Oh so good pain I'm used to'

I can be a bit obsessive about stuff (I'm working on it) so this is quite frankly a little depressing but I am hopeful.

I have read it might be a weak adductor muscle, so maybe.. dare I say it adjust... the program, add an adductor exercise in and only squat at weights with no pain..... I have this voice screaming in my head, YNDTP though! I have a concern doing this aswell; If I do this obviously I am not doing the program so will I be storing up trouble for myself as my bench and DL ect will keep increasing, will my body get out of balance and mess me up more? or will it be O.K. it just means I will have chicken legs for a good while.

Has anybody got ideas or had any similar experiences and how did you cope, I love squats and like I say its all little depressing but I am not going to give up, I am determined to find a workaround or even take a different turn in regards or routine, could really use some advice. loving the gym.

P.S. diet and supps are good, getting plenty of calories and protein and fresh veg, got a bullet and it's amazing! could do with more sleep though.

NorwichGrad has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NorwichGrad has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NorwichGrad has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NorwichGrad has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NorwichGrad has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NorwichGrad has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NorwichGrad has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NorwichGrad has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NorwichGrad has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NorwichGrad has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NorwichGrad has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    I seem to remember a fellow who had the same issue. He claimed his scrotum swelled to the size of coconuts. He was an Afro American gentleman. He said he put some white powder on his ballz. But he was ridiculed in the men's room because he was Black with big white ballz. True story.
    This above all..
    To thine ownself be true..
    And it must follow, as the night the day..
    Thou can'st not then be false to any man..
    -----------------------------------------------
    Bros, my Weightlifters and Powerlifters are my credentials.

Testi75 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Testi75 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Testi75 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Testi75 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Testi75 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Testi75 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Testi75 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Testi75 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Testi75 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Testi75 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Testi75 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Scrotum not swelling but but will nonetheless take your advice after careful consideration ;~)

Originally Posted by NorwichGrad View Post
    I seem to remember a fellow who had the same issue. He claimed his scrotum swelled to the size of coconuts. He was an Afro American gentleman. He said he put some white powder on his ballz. But he was ridiculed in the men's room because he was Black with big white ballz. True story.

robosphere is just really nice. (+1000) robosphere is just really nice. (+1000) robosphere is just really nice. (+1000) robosphere is just really nice. (+1000) robosphere is just really nice. (+1000) robosphere is just really nice. (+1000) robosphere is just really nice. (+1000) robosphere is just really nice. (+1000) robosphere is just really nice. (+1000) robosphere is just really nice. (+1000) robosphere is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by Testi75 View Post
    Scrotum not swelling but but will nonetheless take your advice after careful consideration ;~)

...says the man named Testi
    From unappealing to slightly less unappealing - A QUEST!
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=155671723

NorwichGrad has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NorwichGrad has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NorwichGrad has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NorwichGrad has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NorwichGrad has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NorwichGrad has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NorwichGrad has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NorwichGrad has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NorwichGrad has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NorwichGrad has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NorwichGrad has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Seriously, bro. Give it some rest. Do not not squat. In other words keep squatting, but drop the weight to manageable comfort. You can also try heating pads and icing the area. It's not easy being a master lifter. We all can relate.

Also, do not sacrifice form as a result of compensating to the uninjured side. You will only create imbalance.
    This above all..

Registered User silverlightning's Avatar
    silverlightning is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) silverlightning is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) silverlightning is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) silverlightning is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) silverlightning is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) silverlightning is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) silverlightning is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) silverlightning is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) silverlightning is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) silverlightning is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) silverlightning is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Seriously, bro. Give it some rest. Do not not squat. In other words keep squatting, but drop the weight to manageable comfort. You can also try heating pads and icing the area. It's not easy being a master lifter. We all can relate.

Also, do not sacrifice form as a result of compensating to the uninjured side. You will only create imbalance.
    do you think applying ice to the testicles while squatting will help, or should OP use heat instead?
    The Ageless Wonder Crew: Client, Player, President.

It's All Broscience -Bro JBWarren70's Avatar
    JBWarren70 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JBWarren70 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JBWarren70 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JBWarren70 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JBWarren70 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JBWarren70 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JBWarren70 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JBWarren70 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JBWarren70 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JBWarren70 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JBWarren70 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    The most common cause of groin pain from squats is too wide of a stance. Try a narrower stance with your feet pointed more forward than out; less than 30*.

PiperBill is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) PiperBill is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) PiperBill is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) PiperBill is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) PiperBill is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) PiperBill is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) PiperBill is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) PiperBill is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) PiperBill is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) PiperBill is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) PiperBill is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Been struggling with various pains since I started squating. Both groin and knee. I am doing box squats now which has helped my knees. As for groin pain. I found that by putting pressure on the outside of my heals, on the upward movement, I can litteraly turn the pain off or on. More pressure out (like I am trying to skew my heals out) = no pain. I still press my knees out as well though. If I ever do feel groin pain now then it's only when I am actually squating. No probs afterwards.

I am also doing aductor/abductor strengthening with a strong band.

I am far from qualified to give advice but this is just my experience. Maybe food for thought for you. Good luck :-)
    Last edited by PiperBill; 03-07-2015 at 01:55 AM.
    Anybody can workout for an hour but controlling what you eat the next 23 hours is the real task.

jxm26 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jxm26 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jxm26 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jxm26 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jxm26 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jxm26 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jxm26 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jxm26 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jxm26 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jxm26 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jxm26 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    I used to get groin pain but pushing my knees out fixed it

This is my concern, i dont want to create a bigger imbalance because of it. I will just reset the squat and take it slow after a week rest. Also will I create any potentially [dangerous[/b] imbalances by running away with my DL and bench ect ?

The other bros brought up a good point, bro. Maybe your position is not ideal. You won't know til you experiment with different feet width, bar placement, etc. you should consider posting vid for others to see. As far as benching I would imagine your limitation will not affect BP. I don't know as I don't bench.

But it definitely will on DL, depending on style - conventional or sumo.
    This above all..