pedrocaparelli has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Whey + maltodextrin post-workout

So I'm 1,80cm tall and have 77kg..
    I have been taking 1 scoop of gold standard whey plus around 40g of maltodextrin. I was wondering if thats alright, since I don't want to gain TOO much mass(I'd want to have 80kg max).
    Some people recommend it that I took around 60g of maltodextrin and dextrose(30g each) , while others said i shoulndt take em.. what do you guys think is the best option for me?
    Thanks in advance!

Common sense/moderation. gbullock32's Avatar
    gbullock32 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbullock32 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbullock32 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbullock32 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbullock32 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbullock32 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbullock32 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbullock32 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbullock32 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbullock32 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbullock32 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Since weight gain comes from over-all caloric intake and not one meal/supplement out of the context of your total daily intake.

No one can answer that question.
    Short cuts to success are often paved with lies.
    1/13/16: Massive hernia.
    5/10/16: Finally back to lifting, light but improving.

Why Teens shouldn't cut/Lack of progress thread- http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=169272763&p=1397509823#post1397509823

The Solution has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by pedrocaparelli View Post
    I have been taking 1 scoop of gold standard whey plus around 40g of maltodextrin. I was wondering if thats alright, since I don't want to gain TOO much mass(I'd want to have 80kg max).
    Some people recommend it that I took around 60g of maltodextrin and dextrose(30g each) , while others said i shoulndt take em.. what do you guys think is the best option for me?
    Thanks in advance!
    Pretty not needed for the majority of us
    Most simple carbs are not needed unless you are totally fasted or those training to be endurnace athletes.

I would drop it totally and eat a whole food meal
    the need for a shake after a workout for most of us is minimal

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...hp?t=165802131

When are Carbs and Protein VERY Important Post-workout?

Carbs:
    - During leg Training + HIIT Cardio or doing a 2-3 hour intense workout session
    Protein:
    -Resistance Training in a fasted state (no meal consumed at least 3-4 hours prior)

When are Carbs and Protein of lesser importance Post-workout?

Carbs:
    - 1-2 hour training session after a pre-workout meal (Small or mixed 2-3 hours prior to session)
    Protein:
    - Training after a meal composed of 20-40g Protein at least 1-2 hours prior to a workout in a fed state.

Overall Cliffs:

- Nutrient Timing can be beneficial but window of opportunity is not as big as believed
    - Provided protein rich meal 3-4 hours prior to training, there is no stress about immediate post-workout protein supplement or meal
    - Consume .4-.5g/kg of LBM in a pre/post workout exercise window spaced 4-6 hours depending on meal size.
    - Post workout carb intake does not meaningful increase aabolicsm unless doing a 2 a day workout session involving same muscle groups. Glycogen is not a limting factor if you can consume enough Carbohydrates daily in the 24 hour period.

Rushie is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Rushie is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Rushie is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Rushie is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Rushie is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Rushie is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Rushie is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Rushie is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Rushie is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Rushie is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Rushie is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Thanks in advance!
    Too little info, to be honest. But in general, you don't need that much carbs post workout (as in your option 2). Betwen the two options, option 1 is better IMO. But as has been said, you can just as easily eat something more substantial (real food), unless you prefer liquid replenishment after WO.

Thanks for the fast anwsers! well, i think ill be dropping the malto, atleast for now and just be taking pure whey. I guess later i'd buy some casein or maybe creatine and mix it up for better results?

EDIT: usually between 30min-1hour after i take my shake. i'll eat a substancial meal with lots of protein, like chicken, eggs, fish, milk.
    I workout at night btw, and before training i also eat some protein and carbs
    Last edited by pedrocaparelli; 03-05-2015 at 03:24 AM.

Rushie is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Rushie is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Rushie is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Rushie is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Rushie is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Rushie is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Rushie is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Rushie is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Rushie is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Rushie is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Rushie is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Thanks for the fast anwsers! well, i think ill be dropping the malto, atleast for now and just be taking pure whey. I guess later i'd buy some casein or maybe creatine and mix it up for better results?

EDIT: usually between 30min-1hour after i take my shake. i'll eat a substancial meal with lots of protein, like chicken, eggs, fish, milk.
    If you eat within an hour of your workout, you don't even need the shake. Unless you enjoy drinking it.

The Solution has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

no need to have the shake and then a meal so soon after
    just go home and eat.

skeader has a spectacular aura about. (+250) skeader has a spectacular aura about. (+250) skeader has a spectacular aura about. (+250) skeader has a spectacular aura about. (+250) skeader has a spectacular aura about. (+250) skeader has a spectacular aura about. (+250) skeader has a spectacular aura about. (+250) skeader has a spectacular aura about. (+250) skeader has a spectacular aura about. (+250) skeader has a spectacular aura about. (+250) skeader has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by Rushie View Post
    If you eat within an hour of your workout, you don't even need the shake. Unless you enjoy drinking it.
    I like shake

TMac26 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TMac26 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TMac26 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TMac26 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TMac26 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TMac26 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TMac26 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TMac26 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TMac26 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TMac26 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TMac26 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    I drink a shake cause it tastes good.

Usually while food is cooking lol
    Krispy Kreme Krew Forever.
    Disclaimer: The above post is my personal opinion and does not represent the official position of any company or entity.

iamjeffrey has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) iamjeffrey has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) iamjeffrey has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) iamjeffrey has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) iamjeffrey has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) iamjeffrey has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) iamjeffrey has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) iamjeffrey has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) iamjeffrey has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) iamjeffrey has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) iamjeffrey has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    i workout fasted at 3pm, and usually go until 7-8pm before I eat...almost religiously and daily. No post workout shake, or carbs, or post workout product. Just good ol fashioned hunger pangs fixed with food.
    iAmJeffReY - SC2
    GzaTheGeniuS - hearthstone
    Training

melaneybh has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) melaneybh has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) melaneybh has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) melaneybh has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) melaneybh has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) melaneybh has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) melaneybh has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) melaneybh has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) melaneybh has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) melaneybh has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) melaneybh has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by TMac26 View Post
    I drink a shake cause it tastes good.

Usually while food is cooking lol
    Also enjoy my shakes crew here.
    Official MuscleTech Representative

Anarchy Buy 1 Get 1 50% Off
    #Shatter SX-7 Buy 1 Get 1 50% Off
    Creactor Buy 1 Get 1 Free
    Platinum Multivitamin Buy 1 Get 1 Free
    Hydroxycut SX-7 Non- Stim Buy 2 Get 1 Free

RIP Dewey99

My protein recipe website - www.bakewithprotein.com

Thumbs up

thanks everyone who helped me here. i have followed your advice and will drop the maltodextrin, sadly i purchased 2kg of standard whey last week haha. guess it gonna take a while to finish that one up

good training everyone