RunDown has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Cool Caffiene and energy source

Hi everyone,

A friend of mine is currently lacking some focus and willpower during weight training, to whom I suggested using some pre-workout.

He is worrying about that most pre-workout products contain caffiene, and by taking them he would be using energy from the caffiene, instead of from burning fat, during workout.

I know the above is bro-science, because first of all caffiene itself (not certain types of fatty coffee as a drink) contains minimal calories; secondly body doesn't just burn fat to provide energy if there is no other energy source, fat burning is done by lipolysis; and not to mention, caffiene actually helps increase calorie expenditure and is an ingredient in many fat burners.

However, these are just my own understandings, I am seeking better, perhaps more detailed, more science-backed facts to support my theory. Can someone knowledgeable in nutrition / supplement please help?

Thank you!

Blainex has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Blainex has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Blainex has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Blainex has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Blainex has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Blainex has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Blainex has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Blainex has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Blainex has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Blainex has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Blainex has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    As your neurons fire throughout the day, a neurochemical called adenosine builds up in your body. The nervous system uses special receptors to monitor your bodys adenosine levels. As the day wears on, more and more adenosine passes through those receptorsand it makes you sleepy. Its one of the reasons you get tired at night.

Caffeine, however, is a stealthy impersonator. Its the same size and shape as adenosine, and when you sip your morning joe, your adenosine receptors cant tell the difference. Specifically, caffeine attaches to the A1 receptor. With caffeine docked at the receptor, a lot of your bodys adenosine molecules cant enter. It creates a traffic jam of sorts. With all that adenosine blocked, the caffeine keeps you from getting tired.

But thats not where coffees kick comes from. With the adenosine receptor clogged, neurotransmitters like dopamine and glutamate can get a head start. Your dopamine levels swell, giving you a mild jolt of energy. In a way, caffeine is like a bouncer. It blocks the door, keeping the tired molecules out while the more stimulating molecules party on.
    caffeine is zero calories, thus you're not using it for energy. it works as described above.
    - Axis Labs Forum Rep -
    Insane Pumps! - Hemodraulix Powdered Version Now Available in the BB.com store!
    Axis Labs Store - http://www.bodybuilding.com/store/axis/axis.html - use code AXIS3 for 10% off Axis Labs Products!

IG: agroupthink

Must Unify Korea 나는 한국 통합 KimJong-il's Avatar
    KimJong-il is a name known to all. (+5000) KimJong-il is a name known to all. (+5000) KimJong-il is a name known to all. (+5000) KimJong-il is a name known to all. (+5000) KimJong-il is a name known to all. (+5000) KimJong-il is a name known to all. (+5000) KimJong-il is a name known to all. (+5000) KimJong-il is a name known to all. (+5000) KimJong-il is a name known to all. (+5000) KimJong-il is a name known to all. (+5000) KimJong-il is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by RunDown View Post
    Hi everyone,

A friend of mine is currently lacking some focus and willpower during weight training, to whom I suggested using some pre-workout.

He is worrying about that most pre-workout products contain caffiene, and by taking them he would be using energy from the caffiene, instead of from burning fat, during workout.

I know the above is bro-science, because first of all caffiene itself (not certain types of fatty coffee as a drink) contains minimal calories; secondly body doesn't just burn fat to provide energy if there is no other energy source, fat burning is done by lipolysis; and not to mention, caffiene actually helps increase calorie expenditure and is an ingredient in many fat burners.

However, these are just my own understandings, I am seeking better, perhaps more detailed, more science-backed facts to support my theory. Can someone knowledgeable in nutrition / supplement please help?

Thank you!
    Caffeine is one of the most effective fat burners you can use.

I have this link on hand about caffeine and exercise you may be interested in.
    http://www.edb.utexas.edu/ssn/SN%20P...%20Perform.PDF
    Supreme Leader of Thermolife

의 최고 지도자 Thermolife

DamonX has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DamonX has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DamonX has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DamonX has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DamonX has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DamonX has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DamonX has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DamonX has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DamonX has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DamonX has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DamonX has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Caffeine itself contains zero calories , it increases thermogenesis and metabolism.
    -MAN Sports Representative -
    Disclaimer: The statement above reflects that of my own opinion and in no way that of MAN Sports. Our products are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

www.instagram.com/damonphysique

CLEAN PROTEIN is HERE on bodybuilding.com!

danielmoo has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) danielmoo has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) danielmoo has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) danielmoo has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) danielmoo has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) danielmoo has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) danielmoo has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) danielmoo has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) danielmoo has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) danielmoo has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) danielmoo has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by KimJong-il View Post
    Caffeine is one of the most effective fat burners you can use.

I have this link on hand about caffeine and exercise you may be interested in.
    http://www.edb.utexas.edu/ssn/SN%20P...%20Perform.PDF
    Originally Posted by DamonX View Post
    Caffeine itself contains zero calories , it increases thermogenesis and metabolism.
    Disregard his broscience and listen to these guys. ^
    Instagram - @mooddani

Msistine has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Msistine has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Msistine has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Msistine has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Msistine has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Msistine has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Msistine has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Msistine has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Msistine has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Msistine has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Msistine has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by RunDown View Post
    Hi everyone,

If your friend thinks this it's time for you to find a new friend.

I'm your huckleberry. TheGilmore's Avatar
    TheGilmore has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TheGilmore has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TheGilmore has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TheGilmore has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TheGilmore has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TheGilmore has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TheGilmore has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TheGilmore has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TheGilmore has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TheGilmore has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TheGilmore has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    The body is always burning and storing fat. How much of a deficit or surplus you're in determines the rate of each.
    For, behold, I have refined thee, I have chosen thee in the furnace of affliction.1 Nephi 20:10