MohawkMitch has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MohawkMitch has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MohawkMitch has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MohawkMitch has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MohawkMitch has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MohawkMitch has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MohawkMitch has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MohawkMitch has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MohawkMitch has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MohawkMitch has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MohawkMitch has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Is this to much for a shake + is it unhealthy/concerning

So basically i have 90g of straight dextrose mixed in with 96g of protien WPC mixed using lean milk totalling

So it estimates to roughly 700-900ml of milk
    120g of protien
    126g of carbs

I feel concerned that so many carbs in one sitting, may spike insulin so high it could lead to diabetes, especially milk being so sugar heavy

as for the protien ik thats high for one sitting, but what goes in gets used anyway..

just looking for advice on this
    "Were all on a journey to become the strongest version of ourselves"

SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz
    It's a waste of calories IMO - you could be eating tasty food with similar macros instead. I doubt you need that much protein unless the rest of your diet is horribly devoid of it. You also need to consider getting enough micronutrients within your calorie allocation.

Insulin is not the enemy unless you have a metabolic abnormality - if you get feelings of dizzyness some time after taking the shake for example.

What are the macros supplied by the rest of your diet? I would remove the dextrose completely and reduce the protein powder - and adjust from there.

MohawkMitch has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MohawkMitch has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MohawkMitch has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MohawkMitch has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MohawkMitch has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MohawkMitch has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MohawkMitch has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MohawkMitch has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MohawkMitch has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MohawkMitch has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MohawkMitch has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I only take the shake 4, MAX 5 days a week, if i get every shake in. The reason i have the shake is becuase i dont have much time at all due to work and other things.

Standard day

2 omlettes at breakfeast made from 3 eggs each..Low fat butter/Canola oil to fry
    Tuna Can x 1
    Tbs Peanut Butter
    3 Fish oil Tablets
    Two sandwiches, White bread/plain with tomatoe sauce (I like sauce on bread lol)
    Shake
    200g Turkey Mince with 200g Pasta
    Bowl of Cereal

Totals in at 219g Protien give or take a few
    297g - 350g of carbs im not exactly sure but enough for caloric surplus
    77-82g fat

Not necessarily dizzy, but i have had more headaches then recently..Only recently iv taken the yok out of my eggs due to such high cholesterol...Have had a few less, but not sure if i can attribute to that.

Chasing self-improvement. ShyGuyXS's Avatar
    ShyGuyXS is a name known to all. (+5000) ShyGuyXS is a name known to all. (+5000) ShyGuyXS is a name known to all. (+5000) ShyGuyXS is a name known to all. (+5000) ShyGuyXS is a name known to all. (+5000) ShyGuyXS is a name known to all. (+5000) ShyGuyXS is a name known to all. (+5000) ShyGuyXS is a name known to all. (+5000) ShyGuyXS is a name known to all. (+5000) ShyGuyXS is a name known to all. (+5000) ShyGuyXS is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by MohawkMitch View Post
    Totals in at 219g Protien give or take a few
    297g - 350g of carbs im not exactly sure but enough for caloric surplus
    77-82g fat

Not necessarily dizzy, but i have had more headaches then recently..Only recently iv taken the yok out of my eggs due to such high cholesterol...Have had a few less, but not sure if i can attribute to that.
    You're having a can of tuna daily? I'd recommend cutting down on that to see if that helps; excessive intake can lead to the risk of mercury poisoning. Overall protein including the shake seems a little bit higher than what you need, although you don't have to reduce it.

Also, dietary cholesterol in eggs has no notable effect on our blood cholesterol levels. Egg yolks are fine to eat (cooked, that is) and have a bunch of awesome nutrients.
    It's about progress, not perfection.

I'm not an expert when it comes to most aspects of life; sometimes, I have no idea what I'm doing. The more I learn, the more I can do, and the more I can pay it forward and help others.

spicewood1990 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) spicewood1990 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) spicewood1990 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) spicewood1990 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) spicewood1990 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) spicewood1990 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) spicewood1990 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) spicewood1990 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) spicewood1990 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) spicewood1990 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) spicewood1990 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    everyone knows nutrition is as simple as...

not srs

heres a quote i read the other day that might loosen up your views on nutrition as you shouldn't be asking "is this too much?" you should be fitting what ever foods you like into your macros for the day whilst making sure to also hit your fiber requirements and getting plenty of micros, just be sensible about it, 80% 'bro' foods 20% what ever you like, drop the powders unless its whey which should only really be used if you cant be bothered to eat and even then it should be used sparingly given the GI upset that too much whey causes

"Avoiding excessive fat gain on a bulk has much more to do with avoiding the creation of an excessive energy surplus than it has to do with eating 'clean' foods. All else being equal, someone who gains one pound a month eating a moderate amount of 'junk' food will make much leaner gains than someone who gains four pounds a month eating a diet in the vein of Jay Cutler's."

digistp has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) digistp has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) digistp has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) digistp has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) digistp has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) digistp has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) digistp has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) digistp has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) digistp has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) digistp has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) digistp has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Mercury toxicity from the daily tuna; just drop it completely. Dietary cholesterol has almost no impact on serum levels; eat as many yolks as you want.

Didnt even know that was a thing?! But thanks for the advice, well noted.

As for the dude with the bro science...caloric surplus can be dirty or clean.. If im intaking 300g of fat compared to 77g to reach my macro's, which one do you thinks going to make me fat? As for the title of this thread...its not asking "is this to much" in terms of quantity of the nutrients, but more so the quanity in the time span taken e.g 1 sitting and is this to much "calcium" in 1 sitting, but thanks anyway.

Gxp23 has the mod powerz Gxp23 has the mod powerz Gxp23 has the mod powerz Gxp23 has the mod powerz Gxp23 has the mod powerz Gxp23 has the mod powerz Gxp23 has the mod powerz Gxp23 has the mod powerz Gxp23 has the mod powerz Gxp23 has the mod powerz Gxp23 has the mod powerz
    Didnt even know that was a thing?! But thanks for the advice, well noted.

As for the dude with the bro science...caloric surplus can be dirty or clean.. If im intaking 300g of fat compared to 77g to reach my macro's, which one do you thinks going to make me fat? As for the title of this thread...its not asking "is this to much" in terms of quantity of the nutrients, but more so the quanity in the time span taken e.g 1 sitting and is this to much "calcium" in 1 sitting, but thanks anyway.
    Doesnt matter, your surplus will determine your fat gain, although fat is more readily stored as fat. Was bulking on a small surplus but eating 200g of fat a day, I was ok.
    Eat the damn yolk.

WattsMP65 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) WattsMP65 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) WattsMP65 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) WattsMP65 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) WattsMP65 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) WattsMP65 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) WattsMP65 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) WattsMP65 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) WattsMP65 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) WattsMP65 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) WattsMP65 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Props OP, sure beats my shakes..... Lol
    93kg Powerlifter
    S: 525
    B: 350
    D: 640

5-20-2017 NPC Optimum C Cronos1247's Avatar
    Cronos1247 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Cronos1247 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Cronos1247 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Cronos1247 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Cronos1247 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Cronos1247 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Cronos1247 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Cronos1247 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Cronos1247 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Cronos1247 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Cronos1247 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Not going to get mercury poisoning from one can of tuna a day lol
    MTS Nutrition Houston rep.
    "No BS, no hype. Just results."

Upcoming show NPC Optimum Classics: 5-20-2017

"I don't believe in following any one training style. I couldn't tell what DC or H.I.T. or FST-7 entail. I have no clue and really don't give a ****. I go to the gym to train hard. I don't need to follow a ****ing "program" to do that." - Evan Centopani

Getting a little of topic here... so anyway back to the point... Should i or should i not be worried about the insulin spike from that many sugar based carbs, can it lead to any anything unhealthy....

BeauFlexington is a name known to all. (+5000) BeauFlexington is a name known to all. (+5000) BeauFlexington is a name known to all. (+5000) BeauFlexington is a name known to all. (+5000) BeauFlexington is a name known to all. (+5000) BeauFlexington is a name known to all. (+5000) BeauFlexington is a name known to all. (+5000) BeauFlexington is a name known to all. (+5000) BeauFlexington is a name known to all. (+5000) BeauFlexington is a name known to all. (+5000) BeauFlexington is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Getting a little of topic here... so anyway back to the point... Should i or should i not be worried about the insulin spike from that many sugar based carbs, can it lead to any anything unhealthy....
    Post #2.