zachdrcne has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) zachdrcne has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) zachdrcne has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) zachdrcne has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) zachdrcne has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) zachdrcne has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) zachdrcne has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) zachdrcne has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) zachdrcne has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) zachdrcne has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) zachdrcne has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Question Should I lower calorie intake?

I've been eating around 500-700 calories over maintenance for the past month or so. I lift 3 days a week and run around 2 miles on all off days.

I feel like I might be gaining a little too much fat, but I'm not sure; it's hard to tell from just 1 month. Does it look like I have gained a significant amount of fat or am I just paranoid?
    Attached Images
    Last edited by zachdrcne; 03-03-2015 at 03:20 PM.

jsk16 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jsk16 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jsk16 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jsk16 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jsk16 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jsk16 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jsk16 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jsk16 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jsk16 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jsk16 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jsk16 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    stick to around 500 over maintenance. 700 might be a little too much. staying between 3-500 will keep you relatively lean but you will still gain a little bit of fat no matter what

zachdrcne has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) zachdrcne has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) zachdrcne has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) zachdrcne has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) zachdrcne has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) zachdrcne has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) zachdrcne has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) zachdrcne has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) zachdrcne has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) zachdrcne has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) zachdrcne has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by jsk16 View Post
    stick to around 500 over maintenance. 700 might be a little too much. staying between 3-500 will keep you relatively lean but you will still gain a little bit of fat no matter what
    Okay, yeah I know 700 is definitely a lot but most of the time I don't mean to eat that much. I use my fitbit charge hr to track how many calories I've burned and some days it's a little off. Do you think I've gained more fat than I should have within the past month?

Kichie has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Kichie has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Kichie has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Kichie has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Kichie has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Kichie has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Kichie has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Kichie has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Kichie has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Kichie has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Kichie has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Trying to bulk? What's your maint? 'Cause 500 over maint if your maint is only 2100 or so will take forever. If you're looking to bulk try hitting at least 3000+ calories a day. currently on 4k a day myself which is 1800 over my maint and haven't gained much fat at all.
    Being the son of Zeus it's a requirement to hit the gym.

IG - Joe_Barreca

Bench 1lb
    Squats 1.2lb
    DL 1.1lb

My maintenance is about 3000

Registered User ErikTheElectric's Avatar
    ErikTheElectric has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ErikTheElectric has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ErikTheElectric has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ErikTheElectric has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ErikTheElectric has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ErikTheElectric has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ErikTheElectric has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ErikTheElectric has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ErikTheElectric has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ErikTheElectric has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ErikTheElectric has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    If you're eating 500-700 OVER maintenance, you should expect more than normal fat gain.

Scale them back.

Vampirelol has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Vampirelol has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Vampirelol has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Vampirelol has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Vampirelol has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Vampirelol has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Vampirelol has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Vampirelol has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Vampirelol has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Vampirelol has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Vampirelol has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by Kichie View Post
    Trying to bulk? What's your maint? 'Cause 500 over maint if your maint is only 2100 or so will take forever. If you're looking to bulk try hitting at least 3000+ calories a day. currently on 4k a day myself which is 1800 over my maint and haven't gained much fat at all.
    wtf. literally the second thread i've entered tonight where you say the dumbest **** ever.

op if you wanna get bigger you have to slowly build you metabolism up. if you just eat like a whale and go 1k+ or more over your maintenance you'll just get fat. My maintenance was around 2k when I started lifting and I'm eating 4.5k-5k now, a year and a half later.
    Views expressed on this domain are fictitious and represent the opinion of no entity whatsoever