tcM_Emperor has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tcM_Emperor has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tcM_Emperor has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tcM_Emperor has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tcM_Emperor has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tcM_Emperor has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tcM_Emperor has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tcM_Emperor has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tcM_Emperor has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tcM_Emperor has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tcM_Emperor has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Question Working out muscle groups or all body workouts?

Hi guys, for a long time now I've used a lifting routine like this:

Monday: Pecs/Tris
    Tuesday: Legs
    Wednesday: Off
    Thursday: Shoulders
    Friday: Back/Biceps
    Saturday and Sunday: Off

However, I've been thinking about doing whole body lifting routines, something like this:

Monday: Full Body (Pecs/Tris + Legs + Back/Biceps + Shoulders)
    Tuesday: Off
    Wednesday: Off
    Thursday: Full Body (Pecs/Tris + Legs + Back/Biceps + Shoulders)
    Friday, Saturday and Sunday: Off

Any thoughts on doing it this way? Is it less ideal because you'll start losing more energy in a full body workout?

TAWS6 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TAWS6 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TAWS6 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TAWS6 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TAWS6 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TAWS6 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TAWS6 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TAWS6 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TAWS6 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TAWS6 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TAWS6 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Anything that trains a muscle more than once per week will be better. I’d look into a good upper lower split instead. Full body is also fine. All pros is above in the stickies.

https://www.aworkoutroutine.com/the-...rkout-routine/

Here’s a good one

Han shot first! TolerantLactose's Avatar
    TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by tcM_Emperor View Post
    Is it less ideal because you'll start losing more energy in a full body workout?
    What you're currently doing is near the least ideal.
    Am I therefore become your enemy, because I tell you the truth?
    Galatians 4:16

paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    You are also neglecting your neck. Do forward and reverse neck bridges.
    Current rankings

ElKoeh: Sparro
    TolerntLacoe: Oposum
    Faithbra: Opossu
    SuicideGripMe: Falco
    MTpocket: Owl
    Air2Fake: Wease
    Stefo9: Fert
    Camarja: Raccon
    TearOfIc: Fox
    Paulinanas: Coyot
    Sails: Wlf

TheShadowMan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TheShadowMan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TheShadowMan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TheShadowMan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TheShadowMan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TheShadowMan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TheShadowMan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TheShadowMan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TheShadowMan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TheShadowMan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TheShadowMan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    In the beginning that's all I ever did, full body mon/wed/fri and an hour of cardio on the other rest days. Difficult at first until you adapt, then you'll come to crave it in time. I did not find that the energy drain lasted for good, but I did initially notice it when lifts would go up, or I just started up. If I was to give full body routines any criticism, I would say the volume's lower, they can take longer per session to complete, and you have to be careful what exercises you use together, make sure they pair well(such as close grip bench press and french press for triceps). If you do, I think you'll enjoy the balance you get out of it, and find full body routines quite rewarding in the long run. Just my opinion.
    Back to basics full body routine: https://pastebin.com/5BgKgrMv

Training journal: https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=178059671&p=1598034261#post1598034261

TAWS6 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TAWS6 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TAWS6 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TAWS6 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TAWS6 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TAWS6 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TAWS6 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TAWS6 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TAWS6 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TAWS6 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TAWS6 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I think past intermediate all full body routines turn into some sort of heavy light or HLM. I think most lifters at this point just switch to an upper lower.

Dizzirron will become famous soon enough. (+50) Dizzirron will become famous soon enough. (+50) Dizzirron will become famous soon enough. (+50) Dizzirron will become famous soon enough. (+50) Dizzirron will become famous soon enough. (+50) Dizzirron will become famous soon enough. (+50) Dizzirron will become famous soon enough. (+50) Dizzirron will become famous soon enough. (+50) Dizzirron will become famous soon enough. (+50) Dizzirron will become famous soon enough. (+50) Dizzirron will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Don't forget to do an activity like swimming afterwards, and don't forget to bring a towel.

radrd has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) radrd has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) radrd has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) radrd has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) radrd has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) radrd has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) radrd has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) radrd has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) radrd has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) radrd has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) radrd has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by Dizzirron View Post
    Don't forget to do an activity like swimming afterwards, and don't forget to bring a towel.
    ▪█─────█▪ Equipment Crew #79 ▪█─────█▪

aliye01 is not very well liked. (-100) aliye01 is not very well liked. (-100) aliye01 is not very well liked. (-100) aliye01 is not very well liked. (-100) aliye01 is not very well liked. (-100) aliye01 is not very well liked. (-100) aliye01 is not very well liked. (-100) aliye01 is not very well liked. (-100) aliye01 is not very well liked. (-100) aliye01 is not very well liked. (-100) aliye01 is not very well liked. (-100)
    hello everyone!

aliye01 is not very well liked. (-100) aliye01 is not very well liked. (-100) aliye01 is not very well liked. (-100) aliye01 is not very well liked. (-100) aliye01 is not very well liked. (-100) aliye01 is not very well liked. (-100) aliye01 is not very well liked. (-100) aliye01 is not very well liked. (-100) aliye01 is not very well liked. (-100) aliye01 is not very well liked. (-100) aliye01 is not very well liked. (-100)
    Hi Guys,
    Both approaches have their benefits. Working out specific muscle groups allows for targeted development and can address imbalances. All-body workouts, like full-body routines, provide efficient overall fitness, burn more calories, and improve functional strength. The choice depends on your goals and preferences, and a balanced combination can yield great results.

tcM_Emperor has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tcM_Emperor has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tcM_Emperor has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tcM_Emperor has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tcM_Emperor has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tcM_Emperor has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tcM_Emperor has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tcM_Emperor has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tcM_Emperor has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tcM_Emperor has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tcM_Emperor has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by TAWS6 View Post
    Anything that trains a muscle more than once per week will be better. I’d look into a good upper lower split instead. Full body is also fine. All pros is above in the stickies.

https://www.aworkoutroutine.com/the-...rkout-routine/

Here’s a good one
    @TAWS6 thanks for this! I've been using this same routine for like 10+ years so the routine you linked to looks like a good way to mix it up. Think I'll give it a shot.

Originally Posted by paulinkansas View Post
    You are also neglecting your neck. Do forward and reverse neck bridges.
    @paulinkansas thanks for this! My neck has been super stiff for months and I need something like this. YouTube shows a bunch of different way to do these neck bridges - do you have a video or link that shows how to do these correctly?

Originally Posted by TolerantLactose View Post
    What you're currently doing is near the least ideal.
    @TolerantLactose why is that? I am currently working muscle groups that are often correlated like pics/tris, biceps/back etc.