Page 101 of 125 FirstFirst ... 51 91 99 100 101 102 103 111 ... LastLast
Results 3,001 to 3,030 of 3735
    Kelei is a name known to all. (+5000) Kelei is a name known to all. (+5000) Kelei is a name known to all. (+5000) Kelei is a name known to all. (+5000) Kelei is a name known to all. (+5000) Kelei is a name known to all. (+5000) Kelei is a name known to all. (+5000) Kelei is a name known to all. (+5000) Kelei is a name known to all. (+5000) Kelei is a name known to all. (+5000) Kelei is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by davo26 View Post
    tried these yesterday but didnt get on with them. used the weight i do calf raises with (100kg), lasted a minute before grip was giving out but it didnt feel like itd worked the traps really. went a bit heavier (120kg), grip gave out at around 40 seconds even with straps. arms were tired, lats felt it a little too, but just not traps. dunno..... :-/
    decided to try the wide grip upright row instead and that felt like it worked traps far better to me. mebbes just me, but ill definitely swap the CGUR for WGUR now.

thanks
    I can hold a barbell until my traps are on fire yet I barely feel anything in the forearms, perhaps it's because I use a hook grip in addition to straps and rubber garden gloves (don't laugh, the grip is very coarse/sticky and the gloves are very thin, it literally feels like my hands are glued to the bar lol) and I think it helps that I have big hands, people with smaller hands have a much harder time when it comes to grip strength/endurance.

If you can find yourself some farmer's walk handles with a thin grip diameter I think you'll fare much better but that's probably a long shot, I think wide grip upright rows should help bring your traps up a little bit.

If any of you guys are struggling with slippery hands in general (during pull-ups, deadlifts, rows, bench press, anything really lol) you seriously need to give the rubber garden gloves a try, you'll look ridiculous but it'll give you an extremely solid grip, I discovered this by accident 10 years ago when I lost my normal weightlifting gloves and grabbed some garden gloves to use until I replaced my usual gloves, I loved the garden gloves so much that I've been using them ever since (replacing them every 6 months as the grip wears out, they're so cheap that it doesn't matter lol). Don't worry, the strong rubber smell fades after a while haha.
    Last edited by Kelei; 10-30-2015 at 12:11 PM.

ThatOneLurker is a name known to all. (+5000) ThatOneLurker is a name known to all. (+5000) ThatOneLurker is a name known to all. (+5000) ThatOneLurker is a name known to all. (+5000) ThatOneLurker is a name known to all. (+5000) ThatOneLurker is a name known to all. (+5000) ThatOneLurker is a name known to all. (+5000) ThatOneLurker is a name known to all. (+5000) ThatOneLurker is a name known to all. (+5000) ThatOneLurker is a name known to all. (+5000) ThatOneLurker is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Opened my fast with a 25 Hour fast lol

feel fine

workout went well
    “The model for the application of your principles is the boxer rather than the gladiator. The gladiator puts down or takes up the sword he uses, the boxer always has his hands and needs only to clench them into fists.”
    ― Marcus Aurelius, Meditations

"I didn't know anything about bodybuilding I was just doing this for happiness and I don't want to take the happiness away. For me it is meditation, a ritual between my mind and body" -Victor Richards

crisputer is on a distinguished road. (+10) crisputer is on a distinguished road. (+10) crisputer is on a distinguished road. (+10) crisputer is on a distinguished road. (+10) crisputer is on a distinguished road. (+10) crisputer is on a distinguished road. (+10) crisputer is on a distinguished road. (+10) crisputer is on a distinguished road. (+10) crisputer is on a distinguished road. (+10) crisputer is on a distinguished road. (+10) crisputer is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by ThatOneLurker View Post
    Opened my fast with a 25 Hour fast lol

feel fine

workout went well
    Great job! Didn't workout yesterday but I easily managed two days in a row with 18 hrs. Wasn't planning on doing it on the weekends but so far so good I even got out and trimmed some trees and brush this morning. Managed to work up a good sweat too. I was surprised I had the energy.

Supposed to get together with some friends tonight for some drinks so I probably won't fast as long today or tomorrow but we'll see. Really curious too see how I fare after that. I plan on being good and not over doing it but you know how that goes.

I've lost a couple pounds already!

Ancine has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Can someone post their routine which they have had success with, a routine with high volume would be perfect for me to follow.

ThatOneLurker is a name known to all. (+5000) ThatOneLurker is a name known to all. (+5000) ThatOneLurker is a name known to all. (+5000) ThatOneLurker is a name known to all. (+5000) ThatOneLurker is a name known to all. (+5000) ThatOneLurker is a name known to all. (+5000) ThatOneLurker is a name known to all. (+5000) ThatOneLurker is a name known to all. (+5000) ThatOneLurker is a name known to all. (+5000) ThatOneLurker is a name known to all. (+5000) ThatOneLurker is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by crisputer View Post
    Great job! Didn't workout yesterday but I easily managed two days in a row with 18 hrs. Wasn't planning on doing it on the weekends but so far so good I even got out and trimmed some trees and brush this morning. Managed to work up a good sweat too. I was surprised I had the energy.

Supposed to get together with some friends tonight for some drinks so I probably won't fast as long today or tomorrow but we'll see. Really curious too see how I fare after that. I plan on being good and not over doing it but you know how that goes.

I've lost a couple pounds already!
    Yeah it gets easier the more you do it. I remember reading that you start releasing norepinephrine and epinephrine during fasted states (your adrenaline hormones) which increase your focus, keep energy levels constant, increases lipolysis of fat tissue etc..

Makes sense from an evolutionary standpoint though I have yet to look into it more.

The couple lbs you lost were probably water weight, but nonetheless good. I'm glad you're enjoying it.

Originally Posted by Ancine View Post
    Can someone post their routine which they have had success with, a routine with high volume would be perfect for me to follow.
    D1: Chest
    Incline bench press
    Decline bench or flat bench
    incline dumbbell bench press
    DB shoulder press
    incline DB flyes
    low pulley cable flyes

D2: back
    Chin ups
    pull ups
    seated rows
    chest supported rows
    lat pulldowns
    straight arm pulldowns
    reverse flyes

D3: Arms/Shoulders
    Concentration curls superset with tricep pressdowns
    Preacher curls
    Dips
    hammer curls
    side raises followed by seated side raises
    one hand rope pressdowns superset with cable side raises
    rear delt flyes
    face pulls
    barbell shrugs
    forearm work

D4:
    Squats
    RDL
    leg extensions
    one legged leg curls
    standing calf raises

Ab roller every other day.
    “The model for the application of your principles is the boxer rather than the gladiator. The gladiator puts down or takes up the sword he uses, the boxer always has his hands and needs only to clench them into fists.”

"I didn't know anything about bodybuilding I was just doing this for happiness and I don't want to take the happiness away. For me it is meditation, a ritual between my mind and body" -Victor Richards

nerynery will become famous soon enough. (+50) nerynery will become famous soon enough. (+50) nerynery will become famous soon enough. (+50) nerynery will become famous soon enough. (+50) nerynery will become famous soon enough. (+50) nerynery will become famous soon enough. (+50) nerynery will become famous soon enough. (+50) nerynery will become famous soon enough. (+50) nerynery will become famous soon enough. (+50) nerynery will become famous soon enough. (+50) nerynery will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I know I probably won’t get any answers on this but has any of you done this routine normally and then riding the bike and which big differences did you notice?
    Im curious on whats the line someone like me can go vs someone riding.

Can I seriously expect to match such progress that the biker achieves in 2 years, but in a like 7-8 year range with 90% perfect diet /training/sleep or its just impossible?

AlanLifts12 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Thanks this looks like a good set.. would anyone recommend buying them sauna suits to aid working out or with you just losing water is it not a good thing as may become dehydrated? if you google sauna suits youll realise what body suits im on about

Yeah it gets easier the more you do it. I remember reading that you start releasing norepinephrine and epinephrine during fasted states (your adrenaline hormones) which increase your focus, keep energy levels constant, increases lipolysis of fat tissue etc..

Makes sense from an evolutionary standpoint though I have yet to look into it more.

The couple lbs you lost were probably water weight, but nonetheless good. I'm glad you're enjoying it.

Incline bench press
    DB shoulder press
    incline DB flyes
    low pulley cable flyes

Chin ups
    pull ups
    seated rows
    chest supported rows
    lat pulldowns
    straight arm pulldowns
    reverse flyes

Preacher curls
    Dips
    hammer curls
    rear delt flyes
    face pulls
    barbell shrugs
    forearm work

D4:
    Squats
    RDL
    leg extensions
    one legged leg curls
    standing calf raises

GeraltOfRivia5 is on a distinguished road. (+10) GeraltOfRivia5 is on a distinguished road. (+10) GeraltOfRivia5 is on a distinguished road. (+10) GeraltOfRivia5 is on a distinguished road. (+10) GeraltOfRivia5 is on a distinguished road. (+10) GeraltOfRivia5 is on a distinguished road. (+10) GeraltOfRivia5 is on a distinguished road. (+10) GeraltOfRivia5 is on a distinguished road. (+10) GeraltOfRivia5 is on a distinguished road. (+10) GeraltOfRivia5 is on a distinguished road. (+10) GeraltOfRivia5 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Kelei, simple question about eggs: You recommend atleast 3 eggs per day, but does it matter how they are spread out throughout the week? Like, if I eat 11 eggs on saturday + 10 eggs on sunday (21 in total for the week) and then skip eggs mon-friday would that be the same thing as 3 eggs per day (21 in total), or is there anything in the eggs (AA, cholesterol, etc) that benefits from being spread out like you recommend with for example Vitamin C?

Is there any upper limit?

Thanks.

eriquee will become famous soon enough. (+50) eriquee will become famous soon enough. (+50) eriquee will become famous soon enough. (+50) eriquee will become famous soon enough. (+50) eriquee will become famous soon enough. (+50) eriquee will become famous soon enough. (+50) eriquee will become famous soon enough. (+50) eriquee will become famous soon enough. (+50) eriquee will become famous soon enough. (+50) eriquee will become famous soon enough. (+50) eriquee will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by GeraltOfRivia5 View Post
    Kelei, simple question about eggs: You recommend atleast 3 eggs per day, but does it matter how they are spread out throughout the week? Like, if I eat 11 eggs on saturday + 10 eggs on sunday (21 in total for the week) and then skip eggs mon-friday would that be the same thing as 3 eggs per day (21 in total), or is there anything in the eggs (AA, cholesterol, etc) that benefits from being spread out like you recommend with for example Vitamin C?

Is there any upper limit?

Thanks.
    Your body doesnt store vitamins and mineral like it does fat protein and carbs. Having that in mind, consuming 3eggs per day would give you a much better nutrient availability for your body than 11 eggs + 10 eggs in two days.
    Just like Vitamin C but probably to a lesser extent.

I do not believe there is a upper limit to how many eggs one can eat/day, I personally eat 6 a day.

klaximilian is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) klaximilian is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) klaximilian is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) klaximilian is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) klaximilian is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) klaximilian is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) klaximilian is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) klaximilian is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) klaximilian is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) klaximilian is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) klaximilian is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)

Incline bench press
    DB shoulder press
    incline DB flyes
    low pulley cable flyes

Chin ups
    pull ups
    seated rows
    chest supported rows
    lat pulldowns
    straight arm pulldowns
    reverse flyes

Preacher curls
    Dips
    hammer curls
    rear delt flyes
    face pulls
    barbell shrugs
    forearm work

D4:
    Squats
    RDL
    leg extensions
    one legged leg curls
    standing calf raises

At what volume? Rest-Pause?
    Snapchat/Instagram: Mimsthe3rd

T/K Training Log: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=168429013

Originally Posted by klaximilian View Post
    At what volume? Rest-Pause?
    Rest pause

rep target: 30

Ran 5 days a week

klaximilian is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) klaximilian is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) klaximilian is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) klaximilian is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) klaximilian is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) klaximilian is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) klaximilian is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) klaximilian is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) klaximilian is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) klaximilian is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) klaximilian is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Rest pause

rep target: 30

Ran 5 days a week
    4 day program ran 5 days a week? Interesting....

I was thinking of something like that, but then adding in a 5x5 strength day timed the day after my cheat day (Sunday).

4 day program ran 5 days a week? Interesting....

I was thinking of something like that, but then adding in a 5x5 strength day timed the day after my cheat day (Sunday).
    Allows me to hammer the muscle with volume + be out of the gym in 60-75 minutes (arms and shoulders takes 90 minutes)

Leg day remains unchanged because Jeans > quadzilla

I prefer it.

Allows me to hammer the muscle with volume + be out of the gym in 60-75 minutes (arms and shoulders takes 90 minutes)

Leg day remains unchanged because Jeans > quadzilla

I prefer it.
    I'm so far from being quadzilla that adding a few extra legs days wouldn't be the worst.

Long, lanky, lady legs CREW:

your legs look great

muscle dysmorphia of peace.

your legs look great

muscle dysmorphia of peace.
    Actually, camera angle of piece. They are incredibly long and don't have a ton of mass on them. My wife tells me all the time she wish she had my legs. Tell me that ain't a kick in the balls.

I'm still pretty unbalanced from top to bottom. Neglected legs for 27 of 30 years on earth.

Actually, camera angle of piece. They are incredibly long and don't have a ton of mass on them. My wife tells me all the time she wish she had my legs. Tell me that ain't a kick in the balls.

I'm still pretty unbalanced from top to bottom. Neglected legs for 27 of 30 years on earth.
    What's your thigh measurement?

What's your thigh measurement?
    I just measured them last month for the first time in forever, so this may be wrong but I thought they came in around 22.5-23 inches at the widest point. Could be wrong and can confirm later.

I just measured them last month for the first time in forever, so this may be wrong but I thought they came in around 22.5-23 inches at the widest point. Could be wrong and can confirm later.
    I find that sufficient enough, but that's just me. I don't want thighs bigger than 24 inches.

davo26 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) davo26 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) davo26 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) davo26 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) davo26 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) davo26 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) davo26 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) davo26 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) davo26 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) davo26 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) davo26 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    im incorporating wide grip upright rows into PULL day, mainly for traps, but im a little unsure on form. im sure i read here that the upper arms shouldnt go above horizontal (shoulder height), but the form vids ive seen show them going higher, and the bar going up to chin level.

ive been doing them so the arms are horizontal, but that means the bar is only level with nipples.

how high should i be going?
    Kelei routine log - http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=148907233

I find that sufficient enough, but that's just me. I don't want thighs bigger than 24 inches.
    Nor do I. I'm naturally athletic and I love playing sports. I was always fast, but the legs have been the most stubborn to grow and the hardest to bring up - because they're long they naturally look lean. I need a little more mass on them to make them look semi-big.

And that picture above was probably the most pump in them I've had in a long time. So there's also that.

im incorporating wide grip upright rows into PULL day, mainly for traps, but im a little unsure on form. im sure i read here that the upper arms shouldnt go above horizontal (shoulder height), but the form vids ive seen show them going higher, and the bar going up to chin level.

ive been doing them so the arms are horizontal, but that means the bar is only level with nipples.

As high as you can go without your shoulders hating you.

I go mid-pec. That's it. I get an insane burn from it but I also do very high-rep upright rows.

davo26 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) davo26 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) davo26 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) davo26 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) davo26 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) davo26 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) davo26 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) davo26 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) davo26 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) davo26 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) davo26 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    As high as you can go without your shoulders hating you.

I go mid-pec. That's it. I get an insane burn from it but I also do very high-rep upright rows.
    thanks a lot. you ever tried those snatch grip high pulls that kelei suggested too? ive been googling those too but form varies wildly, from looking like a deadlift with an added shrug, to another thats more like a really wide grip upright row plus shrug.
    Kelei routine log - http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=148907233

thanks a lot. you ever tried those snatch grip high pulls that kelei suggested too? ive been googling those too but form varies wildly, from looking like a deadlift with an added shrug, to another thats more like a really wide grip upright row plus shrug.
    I do not. I try to avoid trap work as much as possible since they have no problem growing at exponentially faster rates than other muscles.

From the sound of it my shoulders wouldn't like it. Snatch grip hardly feel comfortable to me.

Nor do I. I'm naturally athletic and I love playing sports. I was always fast, but the legs have been the most stubborn to grow and the hardest to bring up - because they're long they naturally look lean. I need a little more mass on them to make them look semi-big.

And that picture above was probably the most pump in them I've had in a long time. So there's also that.
    sounds like its time for a bulk then lol

is that what you're currently doing, or recomping?

Recomping. I'm done bulking.

Recomping. I'm done bulking.
    Haha same boat I'm in

Kelei is a name known to all. (+5000) Kelei is a name known to all. (+5000) Kelei is a name known to all. (+5000) Kelei is a name known to all. (+5000) Kelei is a name known to all. (+5000) Kelei is a name known to all. (+5000) Kelei is a name known to all. (+5000) Kelei is a name known to all. (+5000) Kelei is a name known to all. (+5000) Kelei is a name known to all. (+5000) Kelei is a name known to all. (+5000)

You could just stick with the wide grip upright rows and add a shrug at the top, this should add a little more trap emphasis. If your elbows end up higher than your shoulders you're pulling too high.

sternumj is not very well liked. (-100) sternumj is not very well liked. (-100) sternumj is not very well liked. (-100) sternumj is not very well liked. (-100) sternumj is not very well liked. (-100) sternumj is not very well liked. (-100) sternumj is not very well liked. (-100) sternumj is not very well liked. (-100) sternumj is not very well liked. (-100) sternumj is not very well liked. (-100) sternumj is not very well liked. (-100)
    Originally Posted by ttuTRAP View Post
    look up the full body routine keel has for hypertrophy, its the best
    Is this the thread you're talking about? http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...hp?t=162992991

If you're reading this Kelei, do you still recommend the ideas in this thread? Including the 3-5 reps for sets after the 1st set idea?
    Last edited by sternumj; 11-03-2015 at 01:21 AM.

sepandee will become famous soon enough. (+50) sepandee will become famous soon enough. (+50) sepandee will become famous soon enough. (+50) sepandee will become famous soon enough. (+50) sepandee will become famous soon enough. (+50) sepandee will become famous soon enough. (+50) sepandee will become famous soon enough. (+50) sepandee will become famous soon enough. (+50) sepandee will become famous soon enough. (+50) sepandee will become famous soon enough. (+50) sepandee will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Was playing basketball 2 weeks ago and had a nasty bump into someone else who was going for the loose ball just as I was. Normally nothing would happen, but for whatever reason I felt a sharp pain in my shoulder after the bump and couldn't raise my arm anymore and... yup, grade 3 separated AC. I can now raise my arm again after 2 weeks with some minor pain but my shoulder/back gets tired easily. Doc says it'll be at least 3 months before I use the barbell again, even if lightly.

Sucks, because it was the first day of my deload week coming from the back of a front squat PR (the only exercise that I had tweaked a bit: 3 sets of 4-8): 275 x 5. And I doubt I can put direct pressure on it for a long time, so front squats will be out as well for a long time

Anyways, anyone has any experience with this injury? Any info would be appreciated. Thanks.
    Last edited by sepandee; 11-03-2015 at 08:03 AM.

Page 101 of 125 FirstFirst ... 51 91 99 100 101 102 103 111 ... LastLast