Page 87 of 125 FirstFirst ... 37 77 85 86 87 88 89 97 ... LastLast
Results 2,581 to 2,610 of 3735
    Jasonk282 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jasonk282 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jasonk282 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jasonk282 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jasonk282 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jasonk282 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jasonk282 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jasonk282 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jasonk282 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jasonk282 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jasonk282 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    You just need to find a weight that you are comfortable at.
    OG

davo26 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) davo26 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) davo26 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) davo26 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) davo26 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) davo26 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) davo26 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) davo26 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) davo26 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) davo26 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) davo26 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    im doing PPL, 35 reps total, except for legs where i do more reps as i only do 5 exercises.

PUSH - guillotine press, weighted dips, incline bench, flys, rope pulldown, lat raise

PULL - pull-ups, chins, supported row, reverse fly, incline db curl, shrugs, hammer curl

LEGS - FS (16RM,40 total), RDL (20RM, 50 total), leg ext (16RM, 40), ham curl (14RM, 40), calf raise (24RM, 70 total)

not RP, not straight sets, just somewhere between (i dont time it), say 12RM on PUSH/PULL, shortish rest, then 5,6 or 7 reps typically on following sets.....

id be more comfortable at a higher weight, but at 50 yrs old, it seems to splodge around my waist when i move up.
    Last edited by davo26; 08-27-2015 at 01:53 AM.
    Kelei routine log - http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=148907233

Jasonk282 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jasonk282 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jasonk282 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jasonk282 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jasonk282 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jasonk282 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jasonk282 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jasonk282 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jasonk282 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jasonk282 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jasonk282 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by davo26 View Post

id be more comfortable at a higher weight, but at 50 yrs old, it seems to splodge around my waist when i move up.
    Thus is life as we get older.
    OG

Waitwhat10 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Waitwhat10 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Waitwhat10 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Waitwhat10 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Waitwhat10 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Waitwhat10 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Waitwhat10 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Waitwhat10 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Waitwhat10 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Waitwhat10 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Waitwhat10 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    So, I completed the 10th session of fullbody everyday workout by Kelei and I gotta say my arms are finally responding and growing like crazy.

I finally have those t-shirt bulging arms that bodybuilders talk about so much.

They have grown more in 10 sessions than they did in my last 3 months of 3 times a week training.

So, inspite of feeling tired throughout the day, I'm gonna keep grinding it out for the next 20 session.

Lateral raise is an issue because I feel my traps more than my side delts if I do both together. I have to do one arm lateral raise to make sure I'm hitting it hard.

IMO someone else should try this workout for a month or so and we could have an even better program by Kelei.

I did add rear delt work because the recommended workout by Kelei did not include them.
    No I'm not this old!
    I'm in my early 20s.

ddosh has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ddosh has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ddosh has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ddosh has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ddosh has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ddosh has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ddosh has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ddosh has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ddosh has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ddosh has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ddosh has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by Waitwhat10 View Post
    So, I completed the 10th session of fullbody everyday workout by Kelei and I gotta say my arms are finally responding and growing like crazy.

They have grown more in 10 sessions than they did in my last 3 months of 3 times a week training.

So, inspite of feeling tired throughout the day, I'm gonna keep grinding it out for the next 20 session.

Lateral raise is an issue because I feel my traps more than my side delts if I do both together. I have to do one arm lateral raise to make sure I'm hitting it hard.

IMO someone else should try this workout for a month or so and we could have an even better program by Kelei.

I did add rear delt work because the recommended workout by Kelei did not include them.
    can you post your routine? do you have pictures of you? and, do you train every day without rest? my arms are quit a while now at around 40cm (dont know in us)

CrayJay is just really nice. (+1000) CrayJay is just really nice. (+1000) CrayJay is just really nice. (+1000) CrayJay is just really nice. (+1000) CrayJay is just really nice. (+1000) CrayJay is just really nice. (+1000) CrayJay is just really nice. (+1000) CrayJay is just really nice. (+1000) CrayJay is just really nice. (+1000) CrayJay is just really nice. (+1000) CrayJay is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by ddosh View Post
    can you post your routine? do you have pictures of you? and, do you train every day without rest? my arms are quit a while now at around 40cm (dont know in us)
    That would be ~ 15 3/4" (quick reference for those that are curious).

How frequently, and with what volume (and exercise selection) do you train your arms?

nathangreen is a name known to all. (+5000) nathangreen is a name known to all. (+5000) nathangreen is a name known to all. (+5000) nathangreen is a name known to all. (+5000) nathangreen is a name known to all. (+5000) nathangreen is a name known to all. (+5000) nathangreen is a name known to all. (+5000) nathangreen is a name known to all. (+5000) nathangreen is a name known to all. (+5000) nathangreen is a name known to all. (+5000) nathangreen is a name known to all. (+5000)

You didn't see some magical result in 10 days to go from no arms to "sleeve hugging" arms. Muscle rate gain in that time period would be minuscule even under optimal conditions. Please go

sonnydfrizzy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) sonnydfrizzy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) sonnydfrizzy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) sonnydfrizzy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) sonnydfrizzy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) sonnydfrizzy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) sonnydfrizzy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) sonnydfrizzy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) sonnydfrizzy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) sonnydfrizzy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) sonnydfrizzy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by nathangreen View Post
    You didn't see some magical result in 10 days to go from no arms to "sleeve hugging" arms. Muscle rate gain in that time period would be minuscule even under optimal conditions. Please go
    This lol

You have intra muscular glycogen retention. Congrats
    Been playing with shafts and balls since '75.

Waitwhat10 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Waitwhat10 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Waitwhat10 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Waitwhat10 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Waitwhat10 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Waitwhat10 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Waitwhat10 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Waitwhat10 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Waitwhat10 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Waitwhat10 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Waitwhat10 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Try it yourself for one body part then. Quite a few trainers recommend this form of training for lagging body parts.

Maybe I wasn't doing enough volume and now arms are responding or maybe it's the high frequency. I don't know but only my lats, chest, shoulders and legs were responding to 3 times a day. I was frustrated with my arms and now finally I am getting something. Triceps are great shape and are bulging now, previously they were flat. There is constant shape in my biceps and when I contract them while eating or doing some other chore they hug my sleeves a lot, previous my sleeves where just hanging now they have very good shape.

Here's the best part.
    I took a before pic before I started this and I'll post and after pic after 100 sessions to show the results. Maybe, I'm wrong about this or maybe it actually works. After 100 sessions we will see.
    No I'm not this old!
    I'm in my early 20s.

Everyday without rest. One set with rest pause. From last session I started experimenting with 2 sets.

4 exercises(they were similar so I was wasting time doing so many variations) for a total of 50 reps each. So that's 200 reps per session and 600 reps per week. Now that's too much volume for daily workout so I started doing rest pause for biceps and triceps.

1st set to failure -> 15 second rest -> reps to failure again.

I do dumbbell curls, not alternating but one arm at a time to work them better.
    And concentration curls

That's it, done every day.

DB curls are done with a hammer grip, but that's because I have a forearm problem for a few months now. Sometimes it goes away and sometimes it comes back. My left forearm muscle along the pinkly line hurts. Hammer curls and concentration curls don't cause any problems. You should do this with normal grip and you will get better result. MMC is important. I didn't know anything about it I was doing it subconsciously but someone post it here so that's how I found out. I like to do certain lift eyes closed as if meditating. It helps me concentrate on my form and contraction. I only do it with lifts that are not dangerous and don't need a spotter.
    No I'm not this old!
    I'm in my early 20s.

ddosh has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ddosh has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ddosh has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ddosh has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ddosh has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ddosh has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ddosh has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ddosh has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ddosh has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ddosh has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ddosh has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Everyday without rest. One set with rest pause. From last session I started experimenting with 2 sets.

4 exercises(they were similar so I was wasting time doing so many variations) for a total of 50 reps each. So that's 200 reps per session and 600 reps per week. Now that's too much volume for daily workout so I started doing rest pause for biceps and triceps.

1st set to failure -> 15 second rest -> reps to failure again.

I do dumbbell curls, not alternating but one arm at a time to work them better.
    And concentration curls

That's it, done every day.

DB curls are done with a hammer grip, but that's because I have a forearm problem for a few months now. Sometimes it goes away and sometimes it comes back. My left forearm muscle along the pinkly line hurts. Hammer curls and concentration curls don't cause any problems. You should do this with normal grip and you will get better result. MMC is important. I didn't know anything about it I was doing it subconsciously but someone post it here so that's how I found out. I like to do certain lift eyes closed as if meditating. It helps me concentrate on my form and contraction. I only do it with lifts that are not dangerous and don't need a spotter.
    ahh ok, so you are only doing everyday training for biceps & triceps and not for the whole body?

ahh ok, so you are only doing everyday training for biceps & triceps and not for the whole body?
    No I'm doing it everyday, the entire body.

But for biceps and triceps, I was rest pause.

Today I again completed 2 sets of them to check if I'm able to. I'll continue this but if I run myself into the ground(as Kelei says), I'll go back to rest pause. This was my second session of 2 sets for triceps and biceps

Reason being that it's not the most injury prone area. I don't want to risk a shoulder injury. The only shoulder exercise that I do with high volume and high frequency is lateral raises, 50 reps everyday.

Calves and abs are 150 reps everyday. The reason is that I was doing these bodyparts everyday anyway as Kelei recommended. Why stop when I didn't have any trouble.

All other bodyparts is 1 set per day every day to failure.

It's about trying these principles on body parts that are not that injury prone compared to shoulders, back and knees.

I like to experiment. For biceps and tricep I also try to lift the next heavy weight for faster progression. These reps are counted and if I'm not able to do them for atleast 11-12 reps I drop down to my previous weight and complete the set. The set must be done with rest pause but with lesser weight.

Previously, with 3 times a week workout I did not count these experimental reps.
    No I'm not this old!
    I'm in my early 20s.

nathangreen is a name known to all. (+5000) nathangreen is a name known to all. (+5000) nathangreen is a name known to all. (+5000) nathangreen is a name known to all. (+5000) nathangreen is a name known to all. (+5000) nathangreen is a name known to all. (+5000) nathangreen is a name known to all. (+5000) nathangreen is a name known to all. (+5000) nathangreen is a name known to all. (+5000) nathangreen is a name known to all. (+5000) nathangreen is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Try it yourself for one body part then. Quite a few trainers recommend this form of training for lagging body parts.

Maybe I wasn't doing enough volume and now arms are responding or maybe it's the high frequency. I don't know but only my lats, chest, shoulders and legs were responding to 3 times a day. I was frustrated with my arms and now finally I am getting something. Triceps are great shape and are bulging now, previously they were flat. There is constant shape in my biceps and when I contract them while eating or doing some other chore they hug my sleeves a lot, previous my sleeves where just hanging now they have very good shape.

Here's the best part.
    I took a before pic before I started this and I'll post and after pic after 100 sessions to show the results. Maybe, I'm wrong about this or maybe it actually works. After 100 sessions we will see.
    Placebo/10. You didn't gain noticeable muscle mass in 10 days. That is UNARGUABLE if you have even a basic understanding of physiology. I'm not saying the program doesn't work..not at all. I have tried it before back when I had more free time. But beyond glycogen super compensation or a cosmetic pump, you haven't seen much actual difference in a such a short time frame. Period

Op you just bought a shirt 2 sizes to small...lets be real here
    OG

sonnydfrizzy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) sonnydfrizzy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) sonnydfrizzy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) sonnydfrizzy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) sonnydfrizzy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) sonnydfrizzy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) sonnydfrizzy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) sonnydfrizzy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) sonnydfrizzy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) sonnydfrizzy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) sonnydfrizzy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by Jasonk282 View Post
    Fuaaark on spread hahahahaha

Legit choked on coffee after reading this.

@Waitwhat
    100 sessions of progress might make a difference, but not 10 lol
    Good job on enjoying the training and looking forward to making gainz!

SXElifter is just really nice. (+1000) SXElifter is just really nice. (+1000) SXElifter is just really nice. (+1000) SXElifter is just really nice. (+1000) SXElifter is just really nice. (+1000) SXElifter is just really nice. (+1000) SXElifter is just really nice. (+1000) SXElifter is just really nice. (+1000) SXElifter is just really nice. (+1000) SXElifter is just really nice. (+1000) SXElifter is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by Jasonk282 View Post
    I love how you referred to him as the OP lol.

Originally Posted by SXElifter View Post
    I love how you referred to him as the OP lol.
    well...we all know who I'm talking about
    OG

Kelei is a name known to all. (+5000) Kelei is a name known to all. (+5000) Kelei is a name known to all. (+5000) Kelei is a name known to all. (+5000) Kelei is a name known to all. (+5000) Kelei is a name known to all. (+5000) Kelei is a name known to all. (+5000) Kelei is a name known to all. (+5000) Kelei is a name known to all. (+5000) Kelei is a name known to all. (+5000) Kelei is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by davo26 View Post
    ladies and gents, do you mind sparing a couple of minutes for me please and heading to my 'progress photos' in my profile to offer me any advice or comments?
    ive added two pics from today. theyre not the clearest pics but the best i can get with my phone and a mirror.

following keleis advice ive recomped for a few months now, so id be interested in your views on whether this is working for me or not. mines an untrained eye, and i dont see any difference from february, do you?

this is the best i can do with my lifestyle and wont get any better/cleaner. i realise its not optimal, but i have to compromise with family, holidays abroad, weekends away, BBQ's, nights out etc, yet still hit the gym when i can and eat as well as i can for 80% of the time? if this is the best i can get, im still a happy man, im satisfied with how far ive come from day one, but ill still keep plugging away anyway and keep looking to improve :-)

im going on holiday again in 3 weeks, so will try and cut cals and lose a few lbs, thats all i can do. i dont like those muffin tops you can see above my waistline :-)
    when i get back im going to try and add a few lbs over the winter, see how that goes. i tried before but didnt like the way my tum was going, so cut back again. have to see how it goes this time.

thanks for any advice or comments.
    I can see progress, especially in the pecs and delts. I'm not sure this is the answer you want to hear but the only way you're going to see faster progress is by increasing your training volume quite dramatically. Looking through your training log I can see that your volume hasn't been increasing as you become more advanced, you're essentially training with the same volume you were back in 2012.

I can't stress enough how important it is to gradually increase your volume as you become more advanced. If you want to take your physique to the next level you're going to need to take your training to the next level.

PM me when you get a chance mate and we'll see what adjustments we can make.

Originally Posted by Kelei View Post
    I can see progress, especially in the pecs and delts. I'm not sure this is the answer you want to hear but the only way you're going to see faster progress is by increasing your training volume quite dramatically. Looking through your training log I can see that your volume hasn't been increasing as you become more advanced, you're essentially training with the same volume you were back in 2012.

I can't stress enough how important it is to gradually increase your volume as you become more advanced. If you want to take your physique to the next level you're going to need to take your training to the next level.

PM me when you get a chance mate and we'll see what adjustments we can make.
    Few questions:
    1. If he were to add weight to the bar, wouldn't he be increasing volume?
    2. If he adds volume but cannot recover, doesn't that mean he is reaching a point of diminishing returns?
    3. As a natural athlete at his age, isn't slow progress EXPECTED in a recomposition?

Kelei is a name known to all. (+5000) Kelei is a name known to all. (+5000) Kelei is a name known to all. (+5000) Kelei is a name known to all. (+5000) Kelei is a name known to all. (+5000) Kelei is a name known to all. (+5000) Kelei is a name known to all. (+5000) Kelei is a name known to all. (+5000) Kelei is a name known to all. (+5000) Kelei is a name known to all. (+5000) Kelei is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by sonnydfrizzy View Post
    Few questions:
    1. If he were to add weight to the bar, wouldn't he be increasing volume?
    2. If he adds volume but cannot recover, doesn't that mean he is reaching a point of diminishing returns?
    3. As a natural athlete at his age, isn't slow progress EXPECTED in a recomposition?
    1. Adding weight to the bar increases your volume but nowhere near fast enough to keep up with experience induced diminishing returns, as you become more advanced you need to start adding more sets (or more total reps if you track your volume using total reps rather than sets).

2. It depends on the reason for lack of recovery, adding too much volume too quickly could prevent recovery but that doesn't mean that he couldn't handle that kind of volume later on if he were to gradually work up to it. Assuming volume is added gradually and everything else is in place (nutrition, sleep, stress etc) you will eventually reach a point where you simply can't recover from any more volume, (and assuming your strength gains have ceased) this is when you know you've truly reached your full "natural potential".

3. Slower progress is expected compared to someone who's 20 but that doesn't mean he can't still find a way to speed things up, even at 50 he can progress faster than he currently is if he's able to spend more time in the gym.

As you become more advanced you need to increase your training volume, 3 total hours per week in the gym might work well for a beginner but an advanced lifter will barely be able to maintain their physique with 3 total hours per week let alone see further progress, an advanced lifter might require 9 hours of training per week, an intermediate lifter perhaps 6 hours, etc.

This is something you all need to keep in mind, if you're planning on taking your physiques are far as you possibly can you need to come to terms with the fact that your required time investment will increase year after year.
    Last edited by Kelei; 08-29-2015 at 08:37 PM.

GeraltOfRivia5 is on a distinguished road. (+10) GeraltOfRivia5 is on a distinguished road. (+10) GeraltOfRivia5 is on a distinguished road. (+10) GeraltOfRivia5 is on a distinguished road. (+10) GeraltOfRivia5 is on a distinguished road. (+10) GeraltOfRivia5 is on a distinguished road. (+10) GeraltOfRivia5 is on a distinguished road. (+10) GeraltOfRivia5 is on a distinguished road. (+10) GeraltOfRivia5 is on a distinguished road. (+10) GeraltOfRivia5 is on a distinguished road. (+10) GeraltOfRivia5 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Kelei, regarding volume and weak points/strong points in a physique -- after hitting ~mid intermediate you can usually clearly see strong and weak points, some people get BIG arms from mostly compounds and a few sets of isolation while others might get a big chest but smaller arms, even when isolating the arms a lot more -- As an example. Do you believe after hitting ~mid intermediate stage, one should tailor the routine he is using so the weak/stubborn bodyparts gets higher weekly volume and the strong points maybe lower, because they grow fast anyway and shouldn't outshadow the physique?

Or should one wait until at the very least ~mid advanced stage until starting to add/reduce work for lagging/strong bodyparts?

Thanks.

Originally Posted by GeraltOfRivia5 View Post
    Kelei, regarding volume and weak points/strong points in a physique -- after hitting ~mid intermediate you can usually clearly see strong and weak points, some people get BIG arms from mostly compounds and a few sets of isolation while others might get a big chest but smaller arms, even when isolating the arms a lot more -- As an example. Do you believe after hitting ~mid intermediate stage, one should tailor the routine he is using so the weak/stubborn bodyparts gets higher weekly volume and the strong points maybe lower, because they grow fast anyway and shouldn't outshadow the physique?

Or should one wait until at the very least ~mid advanced stage until starting to add/reduce work for lagging/strong bodyparts?

Thanks.
    Most weak points are caused by poor routine design/balance and will usually sort themselves out after following a well designed/balanced routine for at least 12 months. If you still have weak points beyond this point then you'll need to go out of your way to fix them.

I used to have weak points that are now strong points so don't despair if something doesn't seem to be growing as you'd like, there's always a remedy.
    Last edited by Kelei; 08-29-2015 at 08:36 PM.

Most weak points are casued by poor routine design/balance and will usually sort themselves out after following a well designed/balanced routine for at least 12 months. If you still have weak points beyond this point then you'll need to go out of your way to fix them.

I used to have weak points that are now strong points so don't despair if something doesn't seem to be growing as you'd like, there's always a remedy.
    On everything except calves. Literally won't grow despite anything or everything I try. brb being obese for a few years to get calves to grow.

srs

not srs

semi srs (I know they can grow obviously but they seem largely genetic dependent, moreso than other muscles groups)

On everything except calves. Literally won't grow despite anything or everything I try. brb being obese for a few years to get calves to grow.

srs

not srs

semi srs (I know they can grow obviously but they seem largely genetic dependent, moreso than other muscles groups)

I am going to blow your mind.

Obese = fat = excess weight on body = walk on calves with extra weight = weighted vest = wear it a lot when you walk
    Brb creating ebook

Originally Posted by sonnydfrizzy View Post
    I am going to blow your mind.

Obese = fat = excess weight on body = walk on calves with extra weight = weighted vest = wear it a lot when you walk
    Brb creating ebook
    find me a 200lb weighted vest that i can wear and we have a deal

A1roller is a jewel in the rough. (+500) A1roller is a jewel in the rough. (+500) A1roller is a jewel in the rough. (+500) A1roller is a jewel in the rough. (+500) A1roller is a jewel in the rough. (+500) A1roller is a jewel in the rough. (+500) A1roller is a jewel in the rough. (+500) A1roller is a jewel in the rough. (+500) A1roller is a jewel in the rough. (+500) A1roller is a jewel in the rough. (+500) A1roller is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    I'm part way through fierce 5 and am looking to move onto this routine after. I drafted up this for my routine based on the OP. Thoughts?

Incline dumbbell bench
    Seated dumbbell overhead press
    Cable crossovers
    Tricep Pushdown

Rack pulls
    Wide grip pulldowns
    Chest supported rows
    Rear delt flys
    Pinwheel curls
    Preacher curls

Romanian Deadlift
    Front Squat
    Leg curl

(Lateral raises and ab exercises every workout)

marcballer37 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) marcballer37 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) marcballer37 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) marcballer37 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) marcballer37 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) marcballer37 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) marcballer37 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) marcballer37 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) marcballer37 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) marcballer37 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) marcballer37 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Great tips, man!

srs

not srs

The calves have a very low androgen receptor density, the only way to make them grow is via work induced hypertrophy (which is independent of hormones), in other words you need to overload them with volume.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/128681

Natural lifters (especially females) need to train with far more volume than enhanced lifters, they don't have the benefit of supraphysiological levels of testosterone doing all the work for them, if they want to stimulate hypertrophy they need to rely primarily on work induced hypertrophy.

There are 2 types of growth:

1. Hormone induced hypertrophy (testosterone has been shown to result in hypertrophy even without training)
    2. Work induced hypertrophy

Testosterone not only stimulates hypertrophy without training but it also makes you more sensitive to work induced hypertrophy, steroid users need only a tiny amount of volume to stimulate work induced hypertrophy (especially in muscle groups with a high androgen receptor density). In muscle groups like the calves with a very low androgen receptor density steroid users lose their advantage (very little hormone induced hypertrophy takes place) and need to train with far more volume compared to other muscle groups because there's very little testosterone available to make them more sensitive to work induced hypertrophy.

The lower your testosterone level the more volume you require, work induced hypertrophy is the primary mechanism of growth in natural lifters.

Natural lifters need to train with more volume than enhanced lifters, this is why I recommend training with as much volume as you have time for and can tolerate without exhausting yourself, overreaching and then deloading is an excellent way to promote fast progress, 3 weeks of high volume training followed by 1 week of low/minimal volume (or complete rest) works very well and will result in much faster progress compared to a manageable/moderate volume maintained week after week indefinitely.

The calves have a very low androgen receptor density, the only way to make them grow is via work induced hypertrophy (which is independent of hormones), in other words you need to overload them with volume.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/128681

Natural lifters (especially females) need to train with far more volume than enhanced lifters, they don't have the benefit of supraphysiological levels of testosterone doing all the work for them, if they want to stimulate hypertrophy they need to rely primarily on work induced hypertrophy.

There are 2 types of growth:

1. Hormone induced hypertrophy (testosterone has been shown to result in hypertrophy even without training)
    2. Work induced hypertrophy

Testosterone not only stimulates hypertrophy without training but it also makes you more sensitive to work induced hypertrophy, steroid users need only a tiny amount of volume to stimulate work induced hypertrophy (especially in muscle groups with a high androgen receptor density). In muscle groups like the calves with a very low androgen receptor density steroid users lose their advantage (very little hormone induced hypertrophy takes place) and need to train with far more volume compared to other muscle groups because there's very little testosterone available to make them more sensitive to work induced hypertrophy.

The lower your testosterone level the more volume you require, work induced hypertrophy is the primary mechanism of growth in natural lifters.

Natural lifters need to train with more volume than enhanced lifters, this is why I recommend training with as much volume as you have time for and can tolerate without exhausting yourself, overreaching and then deloading is an excellent way to promote fast progress, 3 weeks of high volume training followed by 1 week of low/minimal volume (or complete rest) works very well and will result in much faster progress compared to a manageable/moderate volume maintained week after week indefinitely.
    Nice information. Unfortunately right now my volume can't go any higher as I only get 5-6 hours of sleep most nights and can't spend anymore time in the gym due to outside priorities. That's why I am having trouble finding a split/routine set up I like, has enough volume, give me mass gains, and yet not take time I longer have. Proving difficult lol

ThatOneLurker is a name known to all. (+5000) ThatOneLurker is a name known to all. (+5000) ThatOneLurker is a name known to all. (+5000) ThatOneLurker is a name known to all. (+5000) ThatOneLurker is a name known to all. (+5000) ThatOneLurker is a name known to all. (+5000) ThatOneLurker is a name known to all. (+5000) ThatOneLurker is a name known to all. (+5000) ThatOneLurker is a name known to all. (+5000) ThatOneLurker is a name known to all. (+5000) ThatOneLurker is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Nice information. Unfortunately right now my volume can't go any higher as I only get 5-6 hours of sleep most nights and can't spend anymore time in the gym due to outside priorities. That's why I am having trouble finding a split/routine set up I like, has enough volume, give me mass gains, and yet not take time I longer have. Proving difficult lol

^ My situation every semester

Let me know when you figure it out
    “The model for the application of your principles is the boxer rather than the gladiator. The gladiator puts down or takes up the sword he uses, the boxer always has his hands and needs only to clench them into fists.”
    ― Marcus Aurelius, Meditations

"I didn't know anything about bodybuilding I was just doing this for happiness and I don't want to take the happiness away. For me it is meditation, a ritual between my mind and body" -Victor Richards