Page 5 of 125 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 55 105 ... LastLast
    Mesomorphicamerican NewAgeMayan's Avatar
    NewAgeMayan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) NewAgeMayan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) NewAgeMayan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) NewAgeMayan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) NewAgeMayan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) NewAgeMayan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) NewAgeMayan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) NewAgeMayan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) NewAgeMayan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) NewAgeMayan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) NewAgeMayan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by Kelei View Post
    Out of curiosity you should try it while drinking only water.
    True.

I prefer non-stim prewo's, and whilst I wouldn't really qualify them as 'food', technically speaking it isn't really training 'truly' fasted. Ive tried having just water, and yeah no wont be doing that again.
    Olympus Labs

Mr-Nathan is just really nice. (+1000) Mr-Nathan is just really nice. (+1000) Mr-Nathan is just really nice. (+1000) Mr-Nathan is just really nice. (+1000) Mr-Nathan is just really nice. (+1000) Mr-Nathan is just really nice. (+1000) Mr-Nathan is just really nice. (+1000) Mr-Nathan is just really nice. (+1000) Mr-Nathan is just really nice. (+1000) Mr-Nathan is just really nice. (+1000) Mr-Nathan is just really nice. (+1000)
    Kelei, in the past you have always advocated flat bench, elbows in and bar down to lower chest. Why has this changed?

Kelei is a name known to all. (+5000) Kelei is a name known to all. (+5000) Kelei is a name known to all. (+5000) Kelei is a name known to all. (+5000) Kelei is a name known to all. (+5000) Kelei is a name known to all. (+5000) Kelei is a name known to all. (+5000) Kelei is a name known to all. (+5000) Kelei is a name known to all. (+5000) Kelei is a name known to all. (+5000) Kelei is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by Mr-Nathan View Post
    Kelei, in the past you have always advocated flat bench, elbows in and bar down to lower chest. Why has this changed?
    I used to bench like that and my pecs were always underwhelming, when I switched to more of a guillotine press (wide grip, elbows flared, bar lowered to upper pecs) my chest blew up very quickly even though I had to reduce the amount of weight I was lifting by 40%.

As I mentioned earlier, if you experience shoulder discomfort/pain you can restrict your ROM by setting safety bars a few inches above your chest in order to prevent excessive shoulder hyperextension (the primary cause of shoulder issues while benching with flared elbows).

nerynery will become famous soon enough. (+50) nerynery will become famous soon enough. (+50) nerynery will become famous soon enough. (+50) nerynery will become famous soon enough. (+50) nerynery will become famous soon enough. (+50) nerynery will become famous soon enough. (+50) nerynery will become famous soon enough. (+50) nerynery will become famous soon enough. (+50) nerynery will become famous soon enough. (+50) nerynery will become famous soon enough. (+50) nerynery will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    You once said you wanted to do a youtube series/vids on your routine. Any plans for that?

Jasonk282 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jasonk282 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jasonk282 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jasonk282 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jasonk282 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jasonk282 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jasonk282 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jasonk282 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jasonk282 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jasonk282 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jasonk282 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I trained fasted while cutting on his rest pause protocol lost 23 lbs and strength went up. However I prefer to train fasted. My session don't take any longer than 1 hour and I do 20-25 sets for 50 total reps each
    OG

crisputer is on a distinguished road. (+10) crisputer is on a distinguished road. (+10) crisputer is on a distinguished road. (+10) crisputer is on a distinguished road. (+10) crisputer is on a distinguished road. (+10) crisputer is on a distinguished road. (+10) crisputer is on a distinguished road. (+10) crisputer is on a distinguished road. (+10) crisputer is on a distinguished road. (+10) crisputer is on a distinguished road. (+10) crisputer is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by nerynery View Post
    You once said you wanted to do a youtube series/vids on your routine. Any plans for that?
    Who wouldn't love to see that?

GeraltOfRivia5 is on a distinguished road. (+10) GeraltOfRivia5 is on a distinguished road. (+10) GeraltOfRivia5 is on a distinguished road. (+10) GeraltOfRivia5 is on a distinguished road. (+10) GeraltOfRivia5 is on a distinguished road. (+10) GeraltOfRivia5 is on a distinguished road. (+10) GeraltOfRivia5 is on a distinguished road. (+10) GeraltOfRivia5 is on a distinguished road. (+10) GeraltOfRivia5 is on a distinguished road. (+10) GeraltOfRivia5 is on a distinguished road. (+10) GeraltOfRivia5 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    On a side note I don't recommend training while fasted, always eat something 90-30 minutes before a workout and make sure it's a proper meal that contains both carbohydrate and protein, something like rice and meat will do the job.
    Kelei, I dont have much appetite when I wake up, and I usually train early. I've pretty much always taken BCAA's before the workout, but would you say a shake of maltodextrin+whey right before my workout would be a lot better, and pretty much the same thing as eating rice+meat 30-90 minutes before?

Thanks!

Kelei is a name known to all. (+5000) Kelei is a name known to all. (+5000) Kelei is a name known to all. (+5000) Kelei is a name known to all. (+5000) Kelei is a name known to all. (+5000) Kelei is a name known to all. (+5000) Kelei is a name known to all. (+5000) Kelei is a name known to all. (+5000) Kelei is a name known to all. (+5000) Kelei is a name known to all. (+5000) Kelei is a name known to all. (+5000)
    I'm too busy right now to even consider it, I need to finish my studies and find a different job, let things settle down a bit. Most of my spare time is being spent working on an e-book.

Originally Posted by GeraltOfRivia5 View Post
    Kelei, I dont have much appetite when I wake up, and I usually train early. I've pretty much always taken BCAA's before the workout, but would you say a shake of maltodextrin+whey right before my workout would be a lot better, and pretty much the same thing as eating rice+meat 30-90 minutes before?

Thanks!
    Maltodextrin + whey before a workout will do the trick.

MichielN is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MichielN is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MichielN is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MichielN is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MichielN is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MichielN is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MichielN is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MichielN is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MichielN is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MichielN is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MichielN is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    What's the e-book about? A general outline of your training and nutrition philisophy?
    *No sig crew*

Originally Posted by MichielN View Post
    What's the e-book about? A general outline of your training and nutrition philisophy?
    Rearders should walk away with a comprehensive understanding of bodybuilding/hypertrophy training and be able to create/customise their own routines for the rest of their lives. I'd like to include a nutrition section as well although it might require a separate e-book, I'll see how it goes.
    Last edited by Kelei; 03-06-2015 at 07:39 AM.

dojsygo will become famous soon enough. (+50) dojsygo will become famous soon enough. (+50) dojsygo will become famous soon enough. (+50) dojsygo will become famous soon enough. (+50) dojsygo will become famous soon enough. (+50) dojsygo will become famous soon enough. (+50) dojsygo will become famous soon enough. (+50) dojsygo will become famous soon enough. (+50) dojsygo will become famous soon enough. (+50) dojsygo will become famous soon enough. (+50) dojsygo will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I recommend using an 8-15RM for most exercises, you should use your first set of each exercise as your measure of progress and add more weight once you can complete 12 reps in your first set for large exercises and 15 reps in your first set for small exercises. For calves and abs I recommend 15-30 reps.
    Which exercises do you consider as small exercise, all isolation?

Rearders should walk away with a comprehensive understanding of bodybuilding/hypertrophy training and be able to create/customise their own routines for the rest of their lives. I'd like to include a nutrition section as well although it might require a separate e-book, I'll see how it goes.
    I would buy it.

Originally Posted by dojsygo View Post
    Which exercises do you consider as small exercise, all isolation?
    Pretty much.

ThatOneLurker is a name known to all. (+5000) ThatOneLurker is a name known to all. (+5000) ThatOneLurker is a name known to all. (+5000) ThatOneLurker is a name known to all. (+5000) ThatOneLurker is a name known to all. (+5000) ThatOneLurker is a name known to all. (+5000) ThatOneLurker is a name known to all. (+5000) ThatOneLurker is a name known to all. (+5000) ThatOneLurker is a name known to all. (+5000) ThatOneLurker is a name known to all. (+5000) ThatOneLurker is a name known to all. (+5000)

Finally haha
    “The model for the application of your principles is the boxer rather than the gladiator. The gladiator puts down or takes up the sword he uses, the boxer always has his hands and needs only to clench them into fists.”
    ― Marcus Aurelius, Meditations

"I didn't know anything about bodybuilding I was just doing this for happiness and I don't want to take the happiness away. For me it is meditation, a ritual between my mind and body" -Victor Richards

grouchyjarhead has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) grouchyjarhead has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) grouchyjarhead has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) grouchyjarhead has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) grouchyjarhead has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) grouchyjarhead has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) grouchyjarhead has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) grouchyjarhead has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) grouchyjarhead has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) grouchyjarhead has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) grouchyjarhead has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I've performed EMG tests in my own garage and I found much higher levels of SA activity when benching without scapula retraction, even when not actively trying to protract (push the bar a few inches higher after your normal ROM stops) at the top of the rep, when I actively protract at the top my SA activity goes through the roof. You don't need to hold protraction the entire time, it's the protraction at the top of the rep that really targets the SA.
    Considering an actual EMG machine is in the realm of several thousand dollars and requires a lot of specialized training to read correctly, the probability of you actually having one of these machines in your garage and being able to perform this test on yourself seems pretty unbelievable.

Protraction is a perfectly natural movement, especially when it comes to shoving an object out of your way or when throwing a punch (boxers have highly developed SA muscles). The reason why scapula protraction exercises are commonly recommended for shoulder/scapula health is because most people intentionally go out of their way to avoid protraction during pressing movements, the end result is an imbalance caused by a weak/underdeveloped SA, thus direct SA/protraction exercises are required to fix the problem, if people were to allow protraction during their pressing movements the problem would never arise to begin with.
    Actually scapular protraction is the main cause of postural problems because most people spend their time sitting down hunched over a desk. Pressing in this manner is actually opening the person up to a higher probability of injury due to not addressing their mobility issues. That's the main reason why a lot of people can't overhead press well nowadays also - their posture is hunched and they're not able to adequately retract their scapula and thus get issues from it.

I'm sure if you posted some videos we could probably understand it better, but I seriously doubt that will ever happen...

nerynery will become famous soon enough. (+50) nerynery will become famous soon enough. (+50) nerynery will become famous soon enough. (+50) nerynery will become famous soon enough. (+50) nerynery will become famous soon enough. (+50) nerynery will become famous soon enough. (+50) nerynery will become famous soon enough. (+50) nerynery will become famous soon enough. (+50) nerynery will become famous soon enough. (+50) nerynery will become famous soon enough. (+50) nerynery will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Just did D1+D2 (Im doing U/L twice a week at 40r), while on a cut ,going from 11% to 8% and I feel completely smashed, just want throw myself into my bed.

I used to do all exercises except Incl. Bench on my previous U-L Kelei-routine, adding this one made a huge difference. Had a hard time doing Crossovers afterwards, and my shoulders feel like they want to explode.

I also tried this new Bench Press technique, it was a bit strange at first, but I got it I think, and also felt way more on my upper-side chest or wtv is called than usual, even though I had to drop weight from 10x100kg to 10x80kg.

Maybe I should cut down some reps since Im cutting.. Been cutting for 4 weeks and actually had strenght increases on nearly all exercises basically, its crazy.

I really want to reach 8% and then slowly do 5lbs bulk - recomp.

About the ebook - I would also buy it.

Jasonk282 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jasonk282 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jasonk282 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jasonk282 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jasonk282 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jasonk282 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jasonk282 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jasonk282 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jasonk282 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jasonk282 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jasonk282 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Just did D1+D2 (Im doing U/L twice a week at 40r), while on a cut ,going from 11% to 8% and I feel completely smashed, just want throw myself into my bed.

I used to do all exercises except Incl. Bench on my previous U-L Kelei-routine, adding this one made a huge difference. Had a hard time doing Crossovers afterwards, and my shoulders feel like they want to explode.

I also tried this new Bench Press technique, it was a bit strange at first, but I got it I think, and also felt way more on my upper-side chest or wtv is called than usual, even though I had to drop weight from 10x100kg to 10x80kg.

Maybe I should cut down some reps since Im cutting.. Been cutting for 4 weeks and actually had strenght increases on nearly all exercises basically, its crazy.

I really want to reach 8% and then slowly do 5lbs bulk - recomp.

About the ebook - I would also buy it.
    My general advise is to bulk/maintain at 40-50 reps and cut at 20-30. Mainly becasue the engery just won't be thre and it's more important to preserve your muscle rather than lose weight.

Also bear in mind that going from 11-8% is gonna depend A LOT on your diet and having in pretty much dialed in
    OG

Originally Posted by grouchyjarhead View Post
    I'm sure if you posted some videos we could probably understand it better, but I seriously doubt that will ever happen...
    Whomever this Kelei actually is, while it is a mystery, probably is a very legit persona at eith bb.com or in the business itself as he literally posted this program on 3-2 and it was stickied right away. something that NEVER happens even with people that have massive post counts and rep points.

It took us literally begging to get Fierce 5 stickied...and this gets it right away.

I get that you are skeptical, as this is the internet and like you said there's nothing to back up any of his claims. I mean Dan Green is probably this most well know of the new lifters and his front squats are considered weak to what Kelei is claiming to be doing.

As for the protocols, well they're legit.
    OG

xxx_jfb_xxx is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) xxx_jfb_xxx is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) xxx_jfb_xxx is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) xxx_jfb_xxx is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) xxx_jfb_xxx is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) xxx_jfb_xxx is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) xxx_jfb_xxx is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) xxx_jfb_xxx is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) xxx_jfb_xxx is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) xxx_jfb_xxx is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) xxx_jfb_xxx is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    I thought the same thing, but then I realized how many people were "Team Kelei" and the progress they were making. I sat and watched for almost a year I want to say. The progress of the other members speaks more volume than Kelei could ever do himself. I can't imagine training another way at this point... I've tried to go back to training the way I use to and I just can't. This gets results.
    The journey toward perfection is ALWAYS a path of successes AND failures.

NO REPS LEFT BEHIND!!!

grouchyjarhead has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) grouchyjarhead has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) grouchyjarhead has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) grouchyjarhead has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) grouchyjarhead has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) grouchyjarhead has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) grouchyjarhead has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) grouchyjarhead has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) grouchyjarhead has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) grouchyjarhead has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) grouchyjarhead has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by Jasonk282 View Post
    Whomever this Kelei actually is, while it is a mystery, probably is a very legit persona at eith bb.com or in the business itself as he literally posted this program on 3-2 and it was stickied right away. something that NEVER happens even with people that have massive post counts and rep points.
    Can't say I understand it. Just saying I don't agree with it. Might need to make up my own mystery persona so I can hock my own routine.

Rest pause training itself works, not questioning that.

Can't say I understand it. Just saying I don't agree with it. Might need to make up my own mystery persona so I can hock my own routine.

Rest pause training itself works, not questioning that.
    I would not be surprised if say Kelei was for example Dan Green IRL. I do remember back when Layne posted here quite often he would literally get swarmed with questions and any topic he posted was like 20 pages within 5 minutes.

Doing this on the DL makes sense to me
    OG

I would not be surprised if say Kelei was for example Dan Green IRL. I do remember back when Layne posted here quite often he would literally get swarmed with questions and any topic he posted was like 20 pages within 5 minutes.

Doing this on the DL makes sense to me
    This thread would make me think otherwise.

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=4862763

This thread would make me think otherwise.

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=4862763
    and yet a google search pulls up nothing...

Like I said no one gets stuff stickied that fast without being someone important

You can disagree with his claims and bench advise all you want, his programs have been proven to work over that years
    OG

and yet a google search pulls up nothing...
    On his name? Nope. Exactly. Guy's been here for what 8 years but no photos or any other mention of him anywhere but BB.com.

In another thread apparently he posted a picture but then took it down quickly after people started questioning how a guy with his build was moving the numbers he was claiming to do. Apparently his physique was less than impressive.

In case you missed it too, in that same thread on his first day he claimed to do 12 exercises at roughly 8 sets of 30 reps in RP style each. That's 240 reps each exercise, or almost 3000 reps for one workout.

And in case you missed his earlier stuff, he was widely regarded as a troll. How it's now being stickied is anyone's guess, you'll have to ask whoever's making his threads a sticky.

On his name? Nope. Exactly. Guy's been here for what 8 years but no photos or any other mention of him anywhere but BB.com.

In another thread apparently he posted a picture but then took it down quickly after people started questioning how a guy with his build was moving the numbers he was claiming to do. Apparently his physique was less than impressive.

In case you missed it too, in that same thread on his first day he claimed to do 12 exercises at roughly 8 sets of 30 reps in RP style each. That's 240 reps each exercise, or almost 3000 reps for one workout.

And in case you missed his earlier stuff, he was widely regarded as a troll. How it's now being stickied is anyone's guess, you'll have to ask whoever's making his threads a sticky.
    As far as I know MODS get things stickied around here.

It's not uncommon for people to be considered trolls especially noobs only be turn out to not be later on. The fact that Kelei has been here for 8 years should pretty much solve the troll problem for you.

I could careless about his claims, benching advise or what else, like if he has an EGM in his garage.
    OG

epiclown has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) epiclown has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) epiclown has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) epiclown has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) epiclown has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) epiclown has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    What guidelines do you guys use for making your own workout programs whilst fitting this routine?

My general advise is to bulk/maintain at 40-50 reps and cut at 20-30. Mainly becasue the engery just won't be thre and it's more important to preserve your muscle rather than lose weight.

Also bear in mind that going from 11-8% is gonna depend A LOT on your diet and having in pretty much dialed in
    Yeah, I guess I'll drop to 30 reps. How's your BBB going, which main differences do you notice to this routine?

Mesomorphicamerican NewAgeMayan's Avatar
    NewAgeMayan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) NewAgeMayan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) NewAgeMayan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) NewAgeMayan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) NewAgeMayan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) NewAgeMayan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) NewAgeMayan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) NewAgeMayan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) NewAgeMayan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) NewAgeMayan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) NewAgeMayan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    It took months for Kelei's OG lifting advice thread to get stickied, I suspect his latest threads have been stickied so quickly simply for historical reasons; they have a proven audience/popularity and the advice is generally quality.

As for his claimed lift numbers, I don't believe numbers like that until I see video evidence. How hard is it to edit out your head?

Anyway, regardless of that, personally I owe the guy for awakening me from my dogmatic slumber as far as training is concerned.
    Olympus Labs

GeraltOfRivia5 is on a distinguished road. (+10) GeraltOfRivia5 is on a distinguished road. (+10) GeraltOfRivia5 is on a distinguished road. (+10) GeraltOfRivia5 is on a distinguished road. (+10) GeraltOfRivia5 is on a distinguished road. (+10) GeraltOfRivia5 is on a distinguished road. (+10) GeraltOfRivia5 is on a distinguished road. (+10) GeraltOfRivia5 is on a distinguished road. (+10) GeraltOfRivia5 is on a distinguished road. (+10) GeraltOfRivia5 is on a distinguished road. (+10) GeraltOfRivia5 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Will definitely buy it! When do you think it will be available? Are we talking like 1-2 months? Or 1+ years away?

Looking forward to it!

davo26 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) davo26 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) davo26 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) davo26 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) davo26 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) davo26 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) davo26 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) davo26 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) davo26 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) davo26 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) davo26 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by NewAgeMayan View Post
    Anyway, regardless of that, personally I owe the guy for awakening me from my dogmatic slumber as far as training is concerned.
    thats pretty much it for me too. cant thank him enough for the help hes given me over the last 2 or 3 years since i started this.
    Kelei routine log - http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=148907233

Alyion is just really nice. (+1000) Alyion is just really nice. (+1000) Alyion is just really nice. (+1000) Alyion is just really nice. (+1000) Alyion is just really nice. (+1000) Alyion is just really nice. (+1000) Alyion is just really nice. (+1000) Alyion is just really nice. (+1000) Alyion is just really nice. (+1000) Alyion is just really nice. (+1000) Alyion is just really nice. (+1000)
    ^^^ Gonna echo this as well.

I use to think doing more than 15 reps a week of anything was surefire overtraining - little wonder I could barely bench bodyweight for a single back then.

Say what you will - lifting as hard and as frequently as possible is almost certainly gonna work - and this has been the only routine i've ever seen real gains on and is starting to get me pretty damn strong.