Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    HELIX35 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) HELIX35 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) HELIX35 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) HELIX35 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) HELIX35 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) HELIX35 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) HELIX35 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) HELIX35 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) HELIX35 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) HELIX35 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) HELIX35 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    I see the mod troll account still has a boner for me

God damn is it cute
    Never criticize someone until you have walked a mile in their shoes. That way, when you do criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

Packer Nation

Wall Investor & Developer TheFornicator1's Avatar
    TheFornicator1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TheFornicator1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TheFornicator1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TheFornicator1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TheFornicator1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TheFornicator1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TheFornicator1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TheFornicator1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TheFornicator1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TheFornicator1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TheFornicator1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by Spartan5364 View Post
    20Mbps

like 76$ a month or so

not sure what that means but I'm peppering my angus for brahs laughing at me

edit:
    I tried again and now have 25 and 6 for upload
    I live in Australia and I got 47mbps down/19mbps up

And I only pay $70/mo.

There is absolutely no excuse for Australian internet services being cheaper than in the United States.
    “The life of man is solitary, poor, nasty, brutish, and short.” – Thomas Hobbes, 1588 – 1679

*Never Respond To RSM3 Threads crew*

NateTheGood is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) NateTheGood is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) NateTheGood is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) NateTheGood is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) NateTheGood is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) NateTheGood is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) NateTheGood is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) NateTheGood is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) NateTheGood is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) NateTheGood is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) NateTheGood is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    FCC Chair Refuses to Testify before Congress ahead of Net Neutrality Vote
    http://www.nationalreview.com/corner...andrew-johnson

This gives me reassurance that the FCC have good wholesome intentions and have nothing whatsoever to hide.

And could somebody with more knowledge of the law than me explain how somebody can outright refuse to testify in front of congress?
    "Wherever there's a ******* posting walls of text, I'll be there. Wherever there's a juicy post lost in a multi-page thread, I'll be there. And when the miscers cry out for cliffs, charge their neg cannons, and wonder if the thread is worth reading, why, I'll be there" - NateTheGood

- Atlanta Falcons - Toronto Raptors - Winnipeg Jets -

*Canadian/American Dual-Citizen Crew*
    *Senator Joseph McCarthy Was A Hero Crew*
    *Everything I Post Is Satire And Should Not Be Taken Seriously Crew*

Wall Investor & Developer TheFornicator1's Avatar
    TheFornicator1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TheFornicator1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TheFornicator1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TheFornicator1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TheFornicator1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TheFornicator1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TheFornicator1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TheFornicator1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TheFornicator1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TheFornicator1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TheFornicator1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I'm guessing he was invited to testify as opposed to having a subpoena issued. But I'm not sure.

I need to read more about this Net Neutrality stuff. I barely even know the basics.
    “The life of man is solitary, poor, nasty, brutish, and short.” – Thomas Hobbes, 1588 – 1679

*Never Respond To RSM3 Threads crew*

dweeegs is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) dweeegs is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) dweeegs is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) dweeegs is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) dweeegs is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) dweeegs is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) dweeegs is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) dweeegs is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) dweeegs is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) dweeegs is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) dweeegs is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Don't have to testify unless they give you a subpoena. Then you will have to testify. If they want him that badly they'll have to fill out the paperwork. I don't know what testifying will do. It's such a stupid waste of time for all these committees and certainly a waste of time for broad congress to ask for it. The vote happened, when he puts out the exact rules then read and ask to testify to clarify things and see if there's any legislation that needs to get passed. If he doesn't release it within a certain time frame then go ahead with it.

I haven't been reading the news the week so I'm assuming the exact rules haven't been released like they were before. But for gods sake the vote just happened. What the hell is testifying going to do other than getting on record for pummeling later (which has nothing to do with the content, as they always have our interests in hand...)
    ChemE in education, SoftwareE in job

Live slow, Die whenever SLOTH LIFE

sotrktiv has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) sotrktiv has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) sotrktiv has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) sotrktiv has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) sotrktiv has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) sotrktiv has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) sotrktiv has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) sotrktiv has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) sotrktiv has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) sotrktiv has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) sotrktiv has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Strong back and good post. Ty 0P.
    ★ M0D Positivity Crew ★ № 1th ★ Α ★
    ★ Future M0D in training Krew ★
    ★ NEGs religiophobes on sight Krew ★
    Warning: "Bump spam threads and be banned" - KENKONG
    Death is beautiful to whom life is a humiliation...

fidélité à la mort MajesticLion's Avatar
    MajesticLion has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MajesticLion has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MajesticLion has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MajesticLion has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MajesticLion has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MajesticLion has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MajesticLion has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MajesticLion has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MajesticLion has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MajesticLion has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MajesticLion has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    And now the lawsuits and lobbying that will turn this into a Frankenstein mashup and ultimately weak regulation overall.

Equinox117 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Equinox117 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Equinox117 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Equinox117 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Equinox117 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Equinox117 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Equinox117 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Equinox117 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Equinox117 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Equinox117 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Equinox117 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    If you're against the concept of net neutrality then your head is deep up your azzhole.

Being skeptical about what is in that document is a legitimate concern. I'd like to see the document.

ClownToucher is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ClownToucher is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ClownToucher is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ClownToucher is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ClownToucher is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ClownToucher is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ClownToucher is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ClownToucher is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ClownToucher is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ClownToucher is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ClownToucher is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by Equinox117 View Post
    If you're against the concept of net neutrality then your head is deep up your azzhole.

Being skeptical about what is in that document is a legitimate concern. I'd like to see the document.
    Nah.. I was almost sold on the idea like five years ago when everyone started freaking out that the internet was going to turn into cable TV with just a list of preauthorized "channels." It hasn't happened since and innovation would have killed off any terrible ISP models. We already have the anti-monopoly laws we need.

This isn't being passed "for the greater good." It's being passed to give government officials one more lever to manipulate political influence. Even if it was passed with good intentions (it wasn't), this newfound power will grow, warp and be used for ill. Guaranteed. You can take that to the bank, baby.
    Liberalism: the haunting fear that someone, somewhere, may be happy.

**Flow with the Go Crew**

**Turn off lights in public restroom every time I'm first to leave crew**

Feeding off the tears of 19 year old misc philosophers since 2011

13donniedarko has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 13donniedarko has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 13donniedarko has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 13donniedarko has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 13donniedarko has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 13donniedarko has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 13donniedarko has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 13donniedarko has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 13donniedarko has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 13donniedarko has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 13donniedarko has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Imagine if they reclassified them as title 2 so everyone has access to the poles, but started charging a service fee to upgrade the infrastructure to your monthly bill even tho they have already have gotten money to.
    Friday night. Date night in Miami. Every night is a date night in Miami, and everyone's having sex. But for me, sex never enters into it. I don't understand sex. Not that I have anything against women, and I certainly have an appropriate sensibility about men, but when it comes to the actual act of sex, it's always just seemed so undignified. But I have to play the game.

Huitzilopochtli commands Weightaholic's Avatar
    Weightaholic has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Weightaholic has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Weightaholic has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Weightaholic has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Weightaholic has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Weightaholic has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Weightaholic has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Weightaholic has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Weightaholic has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Weightaholic has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Weightaholic has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Originally Posted by TheFornicator1 View Post
    I live in Australia and I got 47mbps down/19mbps up

And I only pay $70/mo.

There is absolutely no excuse for Australian internet services being cheaper than in the United States.
    You're fcking lucky. 8 down, 1 up. If I'm lucky. Our infrastructure is fcked.
    My personal pronouns are: Don't talk to me/Fck off

illriginalized has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) illriginalized has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) illriginalized has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) illriginalized has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) illriginalized has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) illriginalized has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) illriginalized has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) illriginalized has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) illriginalized has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) illriginalized has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) illriginalized has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by NateTheGood View Post
    FCC Chair Refuses to Testify before Congress ahead of Net Neutrality Vote
    http://www.nationalreview.com/corner...andrew-johnson

This gives me reassurance that the FCC have good wholesome intentions and have nothing whatsoever to hide.

And could somebody with more knowledge of the law than me explain how somebody can outright refuse to testify in front of congress?
    In law.. if one refuses to testify, they are held in contempt.

Obviously FCC won't be held in contempt.. the Federal Government only likes to screw over the citizen.. not the politician, okay in some cases politicians.
    أشهد أن لا إله إلاَّ الله و أشهد أن محمد رسول الله
    ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

🚷 Anti-Degeneracy League 🚷

https://www.twitter.com/eyeonpalestine

Mossad acronym: ISIS AKA Israeli Secret Intelligence Service

illriginalized has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) illriginalized has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) illriginalized has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) illriginalized has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) illriginalized has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) illriginalized has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) illriginalized has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) illriginalized has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) illriginalized has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) illriginalized has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) illriginalized has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by leafs43 View Post
    The gov't and those paying ISPs for fast lanes took your fears of some consumer unfriendly companies (telecoms), spun a tale into a hypothetical reality and sold it to you so they could anoint themselves more power and line their own pockets.

Not only did eat it right up, you defended them doing it.

And the ironic thing is, telecoms didn't even fight because with this framework in place, you just cemented them as monopolies.

Bravo!
    Aren't the, "telecoms" (Verizon, Comcast, and AT&T to name a few) taking the FCC to court?
    ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

Dorle will become famous soon enough. (+50) Dorle will become famous soon enough. (+50) Dorle will become famous soon enough. (+50) Dorle will become famous soon enough. (+50) Dorle will become famous soon enough. (+50) Dorle will become famous soon enough. (+50) Dorle will become famous soon enough. (+50) Dorle will become famous soon enough. (+50) Dorle will become famous soon enough. (+50) Dorle will become famous soon enough. (+50) Dorle will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Americans love their corporate fascism huh?
    Obama said he wanted a "free and open Internet"
    Last I checked before yesterday it was free and open!!!
    Hello censorship!
    It's funny the bill was like 300+ pages and no one outside of the officials were allowed to read it, UNTIL after is has been passed?

Oh but there's nothing wrong with that at all... ****n morons

Tnel is a pig bottom GhenghisPWN's Avatar
    GhenghisPWN has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GhenghisPWN has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GhenghisPWN has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GhenghisPWN has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GhenghisPWN has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GhenghisPWN has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GhenghisPWN has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GhenghisPWN has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GhenghisPWN has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GhenghisPWN has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GhenghisPWN has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by MajesticLion View Post
    And now the lawsuits and lobbying that will turn this into a Frankenstein mashup and ultimately weak regulation overall.
    Bound to happen.

But in the mean time LMAO at the ostriches against NN.
    Union Strong. Workers are stronger together.
    The GOP is a criminal organization who despises the middle class and working poor. Name one policy they have pushed for that increased worker pay, union strength, or worker influence in a corporation.

Bernie 2020

Originally Posted by Dorle View Post
    Hello censorship!
    It's funny the bill was like 300+ pages and no one outside of the officials were allowed to read it, UNTIL after is has been passed?

Oh but there's nothing wrong with that at all... ****n morons
    Why are you blaming Obama when Obama clearly had ties with Comcast CEO Mr. Cohen? lol Wouldn't Obama then support Comcast which in turn would be against NN? lol
    ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

Tuksonrider has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tuksonrider has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tuksonrider has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tuksonrider has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tuksonrider has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tuksonrider has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tuksonrider has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tuksonrider has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tuksonrider has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tuksonrider has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tuksonrider has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)

ISP: US Gov't
    COST: FREE. $0. Zilch, nada.

The US government. ERMAGHERD!!!!!

7rmr has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 7rmr has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 7rmr has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 7rmr has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 7rmr has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 7rmr has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 7rmr has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 7rmr has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 7rmr has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 7rmr has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 7rmr has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by illriginalized View Post
    Aren't the, "telecoms" (Verizon, Comcast, and AT&T to name a few) taking the FCC to court?
    All 9 Supreme Court justices have already said the internet could be regulated under Title 2. The more effective approach will be to bribe/lobby members of congress.

pimpinbig is just really nice. (+1000) pimpinbig is just really nice. (+1000) pimpinbig is just really nice. (+1000) pimpinbig is just really nice. (+1000) pimpinbig is just really nice. (+1000) pimpinbig is just really nice. (+1000) pimpinbig is just really nice. (+1000) pimpinbig is just really nice. (+1000) pimpinbig is just really nice. (+1000) pimpinbig is just really nice. (+1000) pimpinbig is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by ClownToucher View Post
    Nah.. I was almost sold on the idea like five years ago when everyone started freaking out that the internet was going to turn into cable TV with just a list of preauthorized "channels." It hasn't happened since and innovation would have killed off any terrible ISP models. We already have the anti-monopoly laws we need.

This isn't being passed "for the greater good." It's being passed to give government officials one more lever to manipulate political influence. Even if it was passed with good intentions (it wasn't), this newfound power will grow, warp and be used for ill. Guaranteed. You can take that to the bank, baby.
    It did happen.

The FCC enforced net neutrality beginning in 2010. Verizon had it overturned in Jan 2014. They promptly throttled Netflix traffic after the law was overturned. Netflix paid a fee to remove the throttle, Verizon temporarily removed it, then put it back in place (this is well documented from a technical standpoint).

FCC revisited the issue and ruled ISPs will be classified as Public Utilities, which is the same as the telephone companies. ISPs will no longer be able to arbitrarily throttle content providers.

Keep in mind, you as a customer, you pay for a specified amount of bandwidth and data caps. Content providers cannot stream more than what you as a customer pay for. Period.

SMDH. You guys are so misinformed on this subject.

pimpinbig is just really nice. (+1000) pimpinbig is just really nice. (+1000) pimpinbig is just really nice. (+1000) pimpinbig is just really nice. (+1000) pimpinbig is just really nice. (+1000) pimpinbig is just really nice. (+1000) pimpinbig is just really nice. (+1000) pimpinbig is just really nice. (+1000) pimpinbig is just really nice. (+1000) pimpinbig is just really nice. (+1000) pimpinbig is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by Dorle View Post
    Hello censorship!
    Not if you are a verizon FIOS customer. Verizon continues to throttle Netflix streaming, ruining your customer experience with Netflix. This, in spite of the fact Verizon customers are paying for bandwidth and data.

Originally Posted by pimpinbig View Post
    Not if you are a verizon FIOS customer. Verizon continues to throttle Netflix streaming, ruining your customer experience with Netflix. This, in spite of the fact Verizon customers are paying for bandwidth and data.
    Sadly the only work around as a Verizon customer to avoid their throttling is using a VPN.

Yarly.
    ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

Originally Posted by illriginalized View Post
    Sadly the only work around as a Verizon customer to avoid their throttling is using a VPN.

Yarly.
    Yep. When I was up in DC last year, a casual friend of ours had FIOS. This is what she saw all the time trying to watch any netflix content

She had a 50mbit symmetric connection.

The people ITT that say the net neutrality rule in place since 2010 were not working, are just flat out misinformed. Verizon didnt start this crap until the NN ruling was repealed in 2014.

dfwt70gt is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) dfwt70gt is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) dfwt70gt is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) dfwt70gt is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) dfwt70gt is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) dfwt70gt is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) dfwt70gt is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) dfwt70gt is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) dfwt70gt is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) dfwt70gt is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) dfwt70gt is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    So in a free market society Verizon would lose all of its customer base and At&t, Comcast, T-mobile etc would reap the benefits of new customers who were burned by a competitor. The fact that you NN supporters can't see that this is a business issue and not a government issue is mind blowing. The current regime and future liberal controlling classes will abuse this and begin censoring Internet outposts who oppose their views. Even though you're blind, this business issue could be handled in court and not require a secret bill to be made into law affecting people who had no opportunity to review, change or vote on it.

Sounds like they have our best interests in mind...
    "Some people spend their entire lifetime wondering if they made a difference in the world. But, the Marines don't have that problem."-President Ronald Reagan

Michigan Wolverine Crew
    Detroit Red Wings Crew
    MAGA

Tuksonrider has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tuksonrider has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tuksonrider has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tuksonrider has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tuksonrider has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tuksonrider has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tuksonrider has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tuksonrider has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tuksonrider has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tuksonrider has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tuksonrider has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by dfwt70gt View Post
    So in a free market society Verizon would lose all of its customer base and At&t, Comcast, T-mobile etc would reap the benefits of new customers who were burned by a competitor. The fact that you NN supporters can't look at the fact that this is a business issue and not a government is mind blowing. The current regime and future liberal controlling classes will abuse this and begin censoring Internet outposts who oppose their views. Even though you're blind, this business issue could be handled in court and not require a secret bill to be made into law affecting people who had no opportunity to review, change or vote on it.

Sounds like they have our best interests in mind...
    Except for the fact that ISPs don't compete. At home, I have Comcast. Guess who there competitor is if I am fed up with Comcast? No one. The alternative is NO INTERNET. It's not like cellphone business.

Another ISP cannot come into their territory. They have the area bought out.

USAPump has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) USAPump has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) USAPump has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) USAPump has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) USAPump has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) USAPump has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) USAPump has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) USAPump has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) USAPump has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) USAPump has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) USAPump has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by Tuksonrider View Post
    Except for the fact that ISPs don't compete. At home, I have Comcast. Guess who there competitor is if I am fed up with Comcast? No one. The alternative is NO INTERNET. It's not like cellphone business.

da phree marcket

Yep. When I was up in DC last year, a casual friend of ours had FIOS. This is what she saw all the time trying to watch any netflix content

She had a 50mbit symmetric connection.

The people ITT that say the net neutrality rule in place since 2010 were not working, are just flat out misinformed. Verizon didnt start this crap until the NN ruling was repealed in 2014.
    lmao on a 50mbps connection.. strong.
    ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

dfwt70gt is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) dfwt70gt is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) dfwt70gt is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) dfwt70gt is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) dfwt70gt is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) dfwt70gt is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) dfwt70gt is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) dfwt70gt is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) dfwt70gt is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) dfwt70gt is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) dfwt70gt is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by Tuksonrider View Post

Sounds like a YOU problem. Where I live we have competing companies. So can I be exempt from this massive government overreach?
    "Some people spend their entire lifetime wondering if they made a difference in the world. But, the Marines don't have that problem."-President Ronald Reagan

Michigan Wolverine Crew
    Detroit Red Wings Crew
    MAGA

crowe15 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) crowe15 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) crowe15 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) crowe15 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) crowe15 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) crowe15 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) crowe15 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) crowe15 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) crowe15 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) crowe15 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) crowe15 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)

Thumbs down

Here come internet taxes and regulations to **** over the average american using the internet.

Sounds like a YOU problem. Where I live we have competing companies. So can I be exempt from this massive government overreach?
    A 'me' problem. Didn't know I owned Comcast or a competing ISP.

What are the competing companies and your location?

Its fairly rare to have two ISP's with their own peering networks. Usually one is buying transit from the other or both are buying transit from a Tier I/II network. My company learned this the hard way 5 or 6yrs ago. We had a centurylink 20mbit MetroE with a SLA, with comcast business asymmetric as a backup. MetreE went down and so did comcast. Further up the pipe comcast was leasing transit from CL.

Im still SMH at how little the average person understands the connectivity of internet.