Closed Thread
Page 215 of 310 FirstFirst ... 115 165 205 213 214 215 216 217 225 265 ... LastLast
Results 6,421 to 6,450 of 9272
    dang111 is a name known to all. (+5000) dang111 is a name known to all. (+5000) dang111 is a name known to all. (+5000) dang111 is a name known to all. (+5000) dang111 is a name known to all. (+5000) dang111 is a name known to all. (+5000) dang111 is a name known to all. (+5000) dang111 is a name known to all. (+5000) dang111 is a name known to all. (+5000) dang111 is a name known to all. (+5000) dang111 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by isaku900 View Post
    I've seen that at two or three USAPL meets and was told it was directed to the back spotter by the referees.

can confirm dang111/arian other USAPL referees?
    Originally Posted by arian11 View Post
    It's the way I've seen experienced spotting crews do it at USAPL and IPF meets. I guess with the under hand method close to the body, the arms can block off the referees view from seeing hip crease and/or knee. And maybe there is a higher chance of the spotter being in contact with the lifter. Could also be a smaller issue of the spotters are grabbing/handling the bar and not "groping" the lifter. With that over the bar method, I've seen 3 spotters catch 440 lbs in mid air at a local meet when the lifter dumped it similar to what this kid did. At worlds, I also saw 3 spotters catch 330ish when the lifter lost the bar off her back at lock out. And typically when the weight goes over 500, they go to a 5 spotter crew. It just so happened that they didn't catch this dump. If the kid had stayed with it another second, the head referee would have said "rack the bar" and the 5 spotters could have taken it easy.
    I was spotting raw nationals and worlds and we were specifically told not to do the 'typical' back spotting way of putting your arms under the lifter's armpits. They told us to spot like you see in the dump video, with hands above or either right below the bar. I don't really know of a great way to back spot to be honest. At raw nationals one of the national refs came up and yelled "do you want your arms broken?" to the back spotter who at the time had his arms under the lifter's armpits. If the lifter dumps the bar it's going right on the arms in that case, and also probably on the knees of the spotter.

The argument about blocking the judges view doesn't hold too much water to me. 1) the safety of the lifter is far more important and 2) you can instruct the back spotter to put his hands in a better position, like closer to the lifter's chest.

With hands above the bar like that, although you can't grab the lifter, you can definitely grab the bar and keep it from going forwards or backwards.

So I don't know what the best method is. Hands around the lifter is better for the lifter but more dangerous to the spotter. Hands near the bar is better for the spotter but potentially more dangerous to the lifter. Although, at IPF worlds we successfully spotted many 900+ squat attempts the latter way with no issue. Two good spotters on each side can do a lot.

Hamzzza has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Hamzzza has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Hamzzza has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Hamzzza has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Hamzzza has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Hamzzza has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Hamzzza has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Hamzzza has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Hamzzza has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Hamzzza has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Hamzzza has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by dang111 View Post
    I was spotting raw nationals and worlds and we were specifically told not to do the 'typical' back spotting way of putting your arms under the lifter's armpits. They told us to spot like you see in the dump video, with hands above or either right below the bar. I don't really know of a great way to back spot to be honest. At raw nationals one of the national refs came up and yelled "do you want your arms broken?" to the back spotter who at the time had his arms under the lifter's armpits. If the lifter dumps the bar it's going right on the arms in that case, and also probably on the knees of the spotter.
    IDK man maybe they are fearmongering a bit, had 300kg fall on my forearm like that and it left me with a slight bruise for 2 days or so, benched afterwards no problems....and I have girls forearms....it's not like your arm is absorbing all the force of the bar

SPFjudge has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SPFjudge has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SPFjudge has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SPFjudge has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SPFjudge has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SPFjudge has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SPFjudge has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SPFjudge has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SPFjudge has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SPFjudge has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SPFjudge has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by Hamzzza View Post
    IDK man maybe they are fearmongering a bit, had 300kg fall on my forearm like that and it left me with a slight bruise for 2 days or so, benched afterwards no problems....and I have girls forearms....it's not like your arm is absorbing all the force of the bar
    if it catches you in the crack of the elbow it can do some damage. Also big Mike Z was a side spotter when ray Williams dumped that squat at raw nationals a couple years ago and tore his tricep. Hasn't been able to bench since.
    ***Georgia Crew***

whitessp is a name known to all. (+5000) whitessp is a name known to all. (+5000) whitessp is a name known to all. (+5000) whitessp is a name known to all. (+5000) whitessp is a name known to all. (+5000) whitessp is a name known to all. (+5000) whitessp is a name known to all. (+5000) whitessp is a name known to all. (+5000) whitessp is a name known to all. (+5000) whitessp is a name known to all. (+5000) whitessp is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by Rags85 View Post
    First time trying death row wraps. Wrapped them myself, I didn't wrap as tight as I could have, but damn they are a bitch to get on by yourself. Maybe I just need practice though. I don't lift with anybody that uses wraps so there's a big learning curve.

Felt like there was no rebound out of the hole, compared to the Slingshot wraps anyway, but it was just as easy to squat. It was a rather odd feeling. Maybe I just need them tighter, or was just a little tired. I did a PR triple before trying them.

I haven't tried mine yet. I have to hit 90% on the ssb for some doubles next week, maybe I'll try the, for a set and see how they feel. I know I can't get them super tight on my own, but when I tried them on when I got them just kinda tight, they felt crazy casting. Hoping they give me more pop than my felomies do too. I don't get stopped by wraps, I sink it all the way down so i can get good pop from everything so I hope it works.
    Best lifts in Compeition 560/350/650 and a 1560 total @ 290lbs
    2017 Goals are a 1100+ Push/Pull total with 400+/700+ @242/275

http://instagram.com/taterbootz

breathinglife has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) breathinglife has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) breathinglife has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) breathinglife has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) breathinglife has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) breathinglife has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) breathinglife has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) breathinglife has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) breathinglife has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) breathinglife has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) breathinglife has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Whenever one is spotting huge squats, there is always the possibility of injury, I'd say, regardless of technique.

Sometimes people can't help dumping. Example:

I shudder to think of what would have happened had that bar hit the back spotter's kneecaps.
    Last edited by breathinglife; 08-03-2015 at 04:17 PM.
    637/390tng/615 - belt/wraps, best gym lifts.
    600/370/600 - best competition lifts.
    575/330/560 - best competition lifts at 181 raw.
    "I beat my body and make it my slave so that after I have preached to others, I myself will not be disqualified for the prize." - 1 Cor 9:27

FunkymonkAW is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FunkymonkAW is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FunkymonkAW is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FunkymonkAW is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FunkymonkAW is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FunkymonkAW is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FunkymonkAW is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FunkymonkAW is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FunkymonkAW is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FunkymonkAW is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FunkymonkAW is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    So serious question, with all this talk of bailing on squats and dangerous spotting, why don't more feds use straps / rails in the event of something catastrophic? Is it just due to the hassle of moving it around and increased difficulty in judging depth?
    PRs - Sq / B / D / Total
    Gym - 425 / 255 / 463 / -
    Meet - 413 / 248 / 463 / 1124 @ 220
    Meet - 391 / 242 / 468 / 1102 @ 181

thom2355 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thom2355 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thom2355 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thom2355 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thom2355 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thom2355 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thom2355 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thom2355 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thom2355 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thom2355 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thom2355 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    So....for squatting safety, we could just do what was in our contest last weekend! Cannot bail on it and won't get pinned (too bad).

Kidding, of course....but this is a pretty cool news report on the strongman contest and triathlon that took place last weekend. There were even sightings of a bb.com PL Section Mod among the competitors.

http://www.wnem.com/clip/11732700/tr...in-frankenmuth
    Strongman Training Log: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=138026593

NorthStrong has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NorthStrong has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NorthStrong has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NorthStrong has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NorthStrong has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NorthStrong has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NorthStrong has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NorthStrong has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NorthStrong has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NorthStrong has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NorthStrong has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    With all this talk about squats and spotters etc etc it makes me remember about Larry Pacifico's old articles. I think he wrote a full article that is on the tight tan slacks of dezso ban website but I can't find it. Heard Sheiko say the same thing in a video about what would happen to powerlifting if it got into the olympics, that there would only be the squat and the deadlift, and no equipment.

Originally Posted by Larry Pacifico
    Pacifico: My message is the game was great at one time and could be again. However, we need money and brains to straighten it all out. Get back to a single organization and change the classes to the following classes 135, 165, 195, 225, 265, 305 and super heavy. We only need to have seven classes. Get rid of the Squat and all the equipment. Then and only then, will this sport go anywhere. Meets are too long and boring. They were even boring when we lifted in them. It's time to restructure the entire game and bring back the fans.
    YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/user/NorthStrongSC

Main Training Log: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=155303583

After seeing a hard workout you may want to complain and want others to pity you for the work you have to do. Your mom will pity you. Your girl will pity you. I may pity you, but your competition will not pity you. They will step on you, walk over you and spit on you. � Boris Sheiko

AKGetsStrength is a jewel in the rough. (+500) AKGetsStrength is a jewel in the rough. (+500) AKGetsStrength is a jewel in the rough. (+500) AKGetsStrength is a jewel in the rough. (+500) AKGetsStrength is a jewel in the rough. (+500) AKGetsStrength is a jewel in the rough. (+500) AKGetsStrength is a jewel in the rough. (+500) AKGetsStrength is a jewel in the rough. (+500) AKGetsStrength is a jewel in the rough. (+500) AKGetsStrength is a jewel in the rough. (+500) AKGetsStrength is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by arian11 View Post
    It's the way I've seen experienced spotting crews do it at USAPL and IPF meets. I guess with the under hand method close to the body, the arms can block off the referees view from seeing hip crease and/or knee. And maybe there is a higher chance of the spotter being in contact with the lifter. Could also be a smaller issue of the spotters are grabbing/handling the bar and not "groping" the lifter. With that over the bar method, I've seen 3 spotters catch 440 lbs in mid air at a local meet when the lifter dumped it similar to what this kid did. At worlds, I also saw 3 spotters catch 330ish when the lifter lost the bar off her back at lock out. And typically when the weight goes over 500, they go to a 5 spotter crew. It just so happened that they didn't catch this dump. If the kid had stayed with it another second, the head referee would have said "rack the bar" and the 5 spotters could have taken it easy.
    Yep, this was how we were asked to do it at IPF National here, three spotters for less than 220kg squats, five for more. When i was spotting at regionals, had a guy dump 270kg and though we caught it strained something in my trap which made turning my head a bit annoying for a week or so.

Originally Posted by MF83 View Post
    If anyone cares, I messaged the CPU ******** page asking if unlabelled Inzer belts have been deemed IPF legal and they replied "Yes". I remember someone asked about that a few pages back.
    Hallelujah
    My Powerlifting Log: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=167391911

Best Comp Lifts: 220kg Squat, 130kg Bench Press, 240kg Deadlift, 587.5kg/1295lb total at 82kg/181lbs.

zmcdole has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) zmcdole has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) zmcdole has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) zmcdole has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) zmcdole has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) zmcdole has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) zmcdole has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) zmcdole has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) zmcdole has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) zmcdole has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) zmcdole has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    dudes/ladies who train any of their lifts multiple times a week I has question for you.

First, let me break down what I'm doing.
    MONDAY: 7 sets of 3 squat started at 80% of projected max
    FRIDAY: Deadlift heavy double then triples from deficit/speed pulls doubles light (I alternate my pulls with heavy one week then speed the next)3 sets of 8 squat started at 70% of projected max after pulling

So far I've been making good progress just adding 5-10lbs on my squat each session based on how I feel warming up. Last week I hit 7 sets of 3 at 475 for near an 8.5 rpe on the last set with my reps paused in the hole. The Friday before I did speed pulls with 405 I believe for 5 or 6 sets and then squatted my sets of 8. Today I squatted 480 for 7 sets of 3, but they were much more difficult than last weeks. My last triple was probably a 9-9.5 RPE. I'm attributing this to fatigue from Friday's deadlifting where I pulled a heavy double (around 90%) and then did some triples with 425 from 3" deficit. I squatted 405 for 3 sets of 8 afterwards fairly easily with my last set being an 8.5 rpe.

I know that when stuff gets really tough and I'm dying to get my work in it's time to deload. I'm wondering if it would make sense to just back off 5% on days I do triples after deadlifting heavy the Friday before? This seems pretty obvious to me, but I just wanted some input from others.
    1708 total @220 Raw
    Improve my total every time I step on the platform.

Being a male is a matter of birth. However, being a "man" is a matter of choice.

Photo in Avi is not current, I'm way fatter now.

adamsz has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) adamsz has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) adamsz has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) adamsz has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) adamsz has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) adamsz has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) adamsz has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) adamsz has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) adamsz has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) adamsz has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) adamsz has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by zmcdole View Post
    dudes/ladies who train any of their lifts multiple times a week I has question for you.

First, let me break down what I'm doing.
    FRIDAY: Deadlift heavy double then triples from deficit/speed pulls doubles light (I alternate my pulls with heavy one week then speed the next)3 sets of 8 squat started at 70% of projected max after pulling

So far I've been making good progress just adding 5-10lbs on my squat each session based on how I feel warming up. Last week I hit 7 sets of 3 at 475 for near an 8.5 rpe on the last set with my reps paused in the hole. The Friday before I did speed pulls with 405 I believe for 5 or 6 sets and then squatted my sets of 8. Today I squatted 480 for 7 sets of 3, but they were much more difficult than last weeks. My last triple was probably a 9-9.5 RPE. I'm attributing this to fatigue from Friday's deadlifting where I pulled a heavy double (around 90%) and then did some triples with 425 from 3" deficit. I squatted 405 for 3 sets of 8 afterwards fairly easily with my last set being an 8.5 rpe.

I know that when stuff gets really tough and I'm dying to get my work in it's time to deload. I'm wondering if it would make sense to just back off 5% on days I do triples after deadlifting heavy the Friday before? This seems pretty obvious to me, but I just wanted some input from others.
    honestly for how strong of a lifter you are, coupled with the fact that you work full time and have a family (and thus can't spend hours and hours thinking about programming) I think you might benefit a lot from having a coach do your programming. Just a thought.
    Awesome pics. Great size. Look thick. Solid. Tight. Keep us all posted on your continued progress with any new progress pics or vid clips. Show us what you got man. Wanna see how freakin' huge, solid, thick and tight you can get. Thanks for the motivation.

arian11 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) arian11 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) arian11 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) arian11 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) arian11 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) arian11 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) arian11 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) arian11 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) arian11 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) arian11 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) arian11 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by arn710 View Post
    Maybe I'm just used to having a back spot. My training partner is awesome. I call him the ghost spotter
    I'll back spot you any day,

Originally Posted by SPFjudge View Post
    For anyone that thinks IPF refs are the worst....

Originally Posted by Hamzzza View Post
    Don't we have a guy who posts here who was back spotting someone who dumped the bar back on him. Hit him in the quads and shot him back and hasn't felt the same since.
    1372 @ 205
    USAPL Senior International Coach & IPF Cat II Referee
    Squats & Science Head Coach
    http://squatsandscience.com/sscoaching/

Boynton Barbell Center:
    http://boyntonbarbellcenter.com/

YouTube Channel:
    http://www.youtube.com/user/ariandbz

Hamzzza has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Hamzzza has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Hamzzza has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Hamzzza has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Hamzzza has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Hamzzza has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Hamzzza has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Hamzzza has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Hamzzza has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Hamzzza has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Hamzzza has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    okay getting a hit on the knee is quite different I have to admit, I dropped a failed clean once on my knee and I couldn't squat for a couple of weeks

308smk has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 308smk has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 308smk has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 308smk has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 308smk has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 308smk has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 308smk has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 308smk has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 308smk has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 308smk has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 308smk has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by breathinglife View Post
    Whenever one is spotting huge squats, there is always the possibility of injury, I'd say, regardless of technique.

Sometimes people can't help dumping.

I shudder to think of what would have happened had that bar hit the back spotter's kneecaps.
    That's just a bad time.

It doesnt matter so much what the exact weight is as long as your total volume is there in the intensity range you want. Dropping a few % to get the last few sets and reps in won't make a huge difference over the long run. Keeping the volume up is main thing.

I'd also focus on eating a fukload of carbs the night before so you've got that extra power under the hood. Every time I know I have to lift big the next day I crush a large meat lovers pizza right before bed and it always seems to work.
    Last edited by 308smk; 08-03-2015 at 09:08 PM.

zmcdole has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) zmcdole has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) zmcdole has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) zmcdole has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) zmcdole has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) zmcdole has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) zmcdole has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) zmcdole has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) zmcdole has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) zmcdole has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) zmcdole has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by adamsz View Post
    honestly for how strong of a lifter you are, coupled with the fact that you work full time and have a family (and thus can't spend hours and hours thinking about programming) I think you might benefit a lot from having a coach do your programming. Just a thought.
    I would but too many dollars
    1708 total @220 Raw
    Improve my total every time I step on the platform.

Being a male is a matter of birth. However, being a "man" is a matter of choice.

Photo in Avi is not current, I'm way fatter now.

Aubelift is just really nice. (+1000) Aubelift is just really nice. (+1000) Aubelift is just really nice. (+1000) Aubelift is just really nice. (+1000) Aubelift is just really nice. (+1000) Aubelift is just really nice. (+1000) Aubelift is just really nice. (+1000) Aubelift is just really nice. (+1000) Aubelift is just really nice. (+1000) Aubelift is just really nice. (+1000) Aubelift is just really nice. (+1000)
    Something like 25 $ a week is too much?
    Best Meet (Nov 2016)
    665 kg/1466 @ 86.2/190

My log: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=168015353

adamsz has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) adamsz has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) adamsz has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) adamsz has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) adamsz has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) adamsz has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) adamsz has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) adamsz has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) adamsz has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) adamsz has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) adamsz has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    1)Call up TSA
    2) say it's not fair Arian got the sponsorship over you since he's a skinny *******
    3) urge them to reconsider
    4) ????
    5) profit?
    Awesome pics. Great size. Look thick. Solid. Tight. Keep us all posted on your continued progress with any new progress pics or vid clips. Show us what you got man. Wanna see how freakin' huge, solid, thick and tight you can get. Thanks for the motivation.

CooCooCaChoo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) CooCooCaChoo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) CooCooCaChoo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) CooCooCaChoo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) CooCooCaChoo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) CooCooCaChoo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) CooCooCaChoo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) CooCooCaChoo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) CooCooCaChoo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) CooCooCaChoo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) CooCooCaChoo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)

One minute in to see Alex Kang drop warm up weight and have it land on his foot
    Meet bests: 450/305/545

On the march to 1300...

Log: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=159367001

dang111 is a name known to all. (+5000) dang111 is a name known to all. (+5000) dang111 is a name known to all. (+5000) dang111 is a name known to all. (+5000) dang111 is a name known to all. (+5000) dang111 is a name known to all. (+5000) dang111 is a name known to all. (+5000) dang111 is a name known to all. (+5000) dang111 is a name known to all. (+5000) dang111 is a name known to all. (+5000) dang111 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by SPFjudge View Post
    There's really no way to know until you do it. I've coached/helped a lot of lifters getting into gear for the first time. Some take to it pretty easy, others take more time. A lot of it has to do with the persons athleticism and body awareness if that makes sense. Also the better your form is, i.e. upright chest and knees out, has a ton to do with it.
    The biggest issue is having knowledgeable people around you. If you train at RMLC you'll have a lot more success with it than Golds.
    Thanks for the reply. When did you get into equipped, out of curiosity? I figure I'll be in CO for 2-3 more years and if I want to do it I should definitely get into it while I have RMLC nearby. No clue how I'd figure it out or even get into it myself.

darren.dugan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) darren.dugan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) darren.dugan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) darren.dugan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) darren.dugan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) darren.dugan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) darren.dugan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) darren.dugan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) darren.dugan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) darren.dugan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) darren.dugan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by CooCooCaChoo View Post

One minute in to see Alex Kang drop warm up weight and have it land on his foot
    ...and that's what you get for pulling sumo in a competition.

Can someone tell me who the hell Alex Kang is?
    Celer, Silens, Mortalis - - - - - Meet Lifts: 584/385/600 @ 229 - - - - - Gym Lifts: 600/405/605

[]---[] Ivanko Barbell Crew #43 []---[]

CooCooCaChoo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) CooCooCaChoo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) CooCooCaChoo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) CooCooCaChoo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) CooCooCaChoo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) CooCooCaChoo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) CooCooCaChoo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) CooCooCaChoo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) CooCooCaChoo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) CooCooCaChoo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) CooCooCaChoo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by darren.dugan View Post
    ...and that's what you get for pulling sumo in a competition.

Can someone tell me who the hell Alex Kang is?
    I don't really follow him but from what I've seen he's one of those extreme USAPL nuthuggers that gets views by making ridiculous statements about other feds and his thoughts on lifting in general
    Meet bests: 450/305/545

On the march to 1300...

Log: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=159367001

I don't really follow him but from what I've seen he's one of those extreme USAPL nuthuggers that gets views by making ridiculous statements about other feds and his thoughts on lifting in general
    Pretty much. I'm pro USAPL/IPF but I don't go around mouthing off on everyone else's vids claiming their lifts are meaningless because they're not in the USAPL. I've seen him all over the internet -- ********, youtube, reddit, etc -- calling other people's (usually good) lifts garbage and meaningless because they're not USAPL. Bashes raw lifters, claims it's for pussies, says geared powerlifting is the only way to go, silly stuff like that. Guy's really doing far more harm than good with that chit and needs to can it.

darren.dugan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) darren.dugan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) darren.dugan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) darren.dugan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) darren.dugan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) darren.dugan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) darren.dugan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) darren.dugan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) darren.dugan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) darren.dugan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) darren.dugan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Sounds like that toe incident was probably karma then.

edit: dang, you gonna do a meet in December? I may be competing then (USPA if they have one then).
    Celer, Silens, Mortalis - - - - - Meet Lifts: 584/385/600 @ 229 - - - - - Gym Lifts: 600/405/605

isaku900 has the mod powerz isaku900 has the mod powerz isaku900 has the mod powerz isaku900 has the mod powerz isaku900 has the mod powerz isaku900 has the mod powerz isaku900 has the mod powerz isaku900 has the mod powerz isaku900 has the mod powerz isaku900 has the mod powerz isaku900 has the mod powerz
    Another session in the cage, perhaps?
    dunno, may have been a one time thing because of the flight delays, but it'd be cool to hang out again at least.

also, gotta love 5kg PR in 5 days.
    https://instagram.com/p/58jl84ssMC/

330kg/727lbs x 2
    *Mods/CS will not, nor can they change your username, so don't ask*
    *Mods/CS will not, nor can they mass delete your post history, so don't ask*

Originally Posted by darren.dugan View Post
    Sounds like that toe incident was probably karma then.

edit: dang, you gonna do a meet in December? I may be competing then (USPA if they have one then).
    I'm planning to do the USAPL state meet in early Dec. I think USPA has a meet this month, I remember some guys saying they were going to do it. Is there usually a USPA meet in Dec? Could be fun to check it out.

dunno, may have been a one time thing because of the flight delays, but it'd be cool to hang out again at least.

also, gotta love 5kg PR in 5 days.
    https://instagram.com/p/58jl84ssMC/

330kg/727lbs x 2
    Sick squatting. Crushed it.

308smk has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 308smk has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 308smk has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 308smk has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 308smk has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 308smk has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 308smk has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 308smk has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 308smk has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 308smk has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 308smk has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Pretty much. I'm pro USAPL/IPF but I don't go around mouthing off on everyone else's vids claiming their lifts are meaningless because they're not in the USAPL. I've seen him all over the internet -- ********, youtube, reddit, etc -- calling other people's (usually good) lifts garbage and meaningless because they're not USAPL. Bashes raw lifters, claims it's for pussies, says geared powerlifting is the only way to go, silly stuff like that. Guy's really doing far more harm than good with that chit and needs to can it.
    Raw lifting is for pussies, geared is the only way to go. Alex kang is a ******* he needs to eat something, skinny pussy.

You're not powerlifting till you're choking on your own blood trying to touch in a jacked up shirt.

Blood pressure not even once.

Inb4 my belt needs to break in before I can wear it in comp and how do I get these tight SBDs on, omg now I can't feel my feet

Last edited by 308smk; 08-04-2015 at 12:14 AM.

isaku900 has the mod powerz isaku900 has the mod powerz isaku900 has the mod powerz isaku900 has the mod powerz isaku900 has the mod powerz isaku900 has the mod powerz isaku900 has the mod powerz isaku900 has the mod powerz isaku900 has the mod powerz isaku900 has the mod powerz isaku900 has the mod powerz
    I'm planning to do the USAPL state meet in early Dec. I think USPA has a meet this month, I remember some guys saying they were going to do it. Is there usually a USPA meet in Dec? Could be fun to check it out.
    nothing on the board near you, california has a couple (duh), texas, west virginia, and kentucky, but still plenty of time to get a sanction in.

Sick squatting. Crushed it.
    y'know it was hard, it was not that fast, and the depth was borderline but I never felt any apprehension or even had a fleeting thought of not making the double. Definite improvement. We'll see if I can keep this rolling, I'd like to hit a heavy single at 750ish before the meet.

25 days out.

Originally Posted by 308smk View Post
    You're not powerlifting till you're choking on your own blood trying to touch in a jacked up shirt.

Blood pressure not even once.
    my left tear duct apparently started bleeding because there's crusty dried blood on the inside of my eyelid...and there's no surface wounds...

Yeah, they're supposed to have one, though it seems things are unsure right now since there is such a small turnout for the upcoming meet here in 2 weeks (26 lifters or something). Seems that a lot of people did not like the all day affair that was the last meet back in March and I think the state USPA peeps are worried there will be a chitty turnout in December too.

Damn Bill, seems like you get a new PR weekly. Keep that chit up chief.

y'know it was hard, it was not that fast, and the depth was borderline but I never felt any apprehension or even had a fleeting thought of not making the double. Definite improvement. We'll see if I can keep this rolling, I'd like to hit a heavy single at 750ish before the meet.

25 days out.

my left tear duct apparently started bleeding because there's crusty dried blood on the inside of my eyelid...and there's no surface wounds...
    I thought your depth looked pretty bang on tbh, you're lookin on target for 800.

You absolutely dwarf Dan green. Thick solid tight etc.

Thats the good stuff right there.

Originally Posted by 308smk View Post
    I thought your depth looked pretty bang on tbh, you're lookin on target for 800.

You absolutely dwarf Dan green. Thick solid tight etc.

Thats the good stuff right there.
    appreciate it.

dan is tiny right now, he's well into his dieting for making 220s and lean as fuark. I think I outweigh him by almost 80lbs right now.

Closed Thread
Page 215 of 310 FirstFirst ... 115 165 205 213 214 215 216 217 225 265 ... LastLast