Joey300 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Alpha Brain: Complete Earth Grown Nootropic

think of buying 90pills. alot of people on here have more knowledge then me on this subject. I'm a college student trying to get an extra boost. thoughts on this potential great product before I buy it?

Aweman has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Aweman has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Aweman has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Aweman has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Aweman has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Aweman has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Aweman has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Aweman has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Aweman has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Aweman has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Aweman has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Looks expensive, with filler (e.g. leucine, oat straw) and likely under-dosed ingredients (e.g. tyrosine, alpha gpc, bacopa). It may have decent amounts of vinpocetine and huperzine a but w/e doses there are are hidden behind a proprietary blend.

Edit: Not likely under-dosed, some of them must be under-dosed given how many mg it lists in the blend.

AMeyer9 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AMeyer9 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AMeyer9 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AMeyer9 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AMeyer9 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AMeyer9 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AMeyer9 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AMeyer9 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AMeyer9 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AMeyer9 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AMeyer9 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Way too expensive and underdosed. When it comes to nootropics I personally think buying bulk powders is the best route. Not looking at the label, but iirc not a single ingredient is properly dosed.

DGarcia519 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DGarcia519 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DGarcia519 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DGarcia519 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DGarcia519 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DGarcia519 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DGarcia519 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DGarcia519 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DGarcia519 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DGarcia519 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DGarcia519 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by AMeyer9 View Post
    Way too expensive and underdosed. When it comes to nootropics I personally think buying bulk powders is the best route. Not looking at the label, but iirc not a single ingredient is properly dosed.
    Good info.
    If you really want a product that is already mixed, SNS Focus XT gets a lot of mentions.
    I'm the clever one, you're the potato one.

kissdadookie has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) kissdadookie has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) kissdadookie has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) kissdadookie has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) kissdadookie has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) kissdadookie has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) kissdadookie has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) kissdadookie has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) kissdadookie has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) kissdadookie has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) kissdadookie has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Funny thing with dosing is that it appears to be underdosed if you look at the dosing of individual ingredients. However, if you look at the product as a whole and wish to yield certain effects from the product as a whole, the doses of the individual ingredients may no longer need to be at studied doses. Remember, the doses used in studies of individual ingredients are to see what the effects are of the ingredient in isolation. There could be instances in which the whole ends up being more than the individual parts.

So for Alpha Brain, they have ran a pilot double blind placebo study on the finished product and are supposedly conducting further studies together with a few different universities (supposedly, but the pilot study they have published and released on their site).
    Completed Logs & Reviews:
    Clear Muscle Log: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=161906833&p=1244983053#post1244983053

"Now that you've got a basic degree of strength you can now proceed with success onto a bodybuilding type program - which I am not experienced in providing. You've exceeded what I focus on, and that is beginner strength gains." - Mark Rippetoe

AMeyer9 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AMeyer9 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AMeyer9 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AMeyer9 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AMeyer9 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AMeyer9 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AMeyer9 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AMeyer9 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AMeyer9 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AMeyer9 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AMeyer9 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by kissdadookie View Post
    Funny thing with dosing is that it appears to be underdosed if you look at the dosing of individual ingredients. However, if you look at the product as a whole and wish to yield certain effects from the product as a whole, the doses of the individual ingredients may no longer need to be at studied doses. Remember, the doses used in studies of individual ingredients are to see what the effects are of the ingredient in isolation. There could be instances in which the whole ends up being more than the individual parts.

So for Alpha Brain, they have ran a pilot double blind placebo study on the finished product and are supposedly conducting further studies together with a few different universities (supposedly, but the pilot study they have published and released on their site).
    So a bunch of other under dosed ingredients makes up for the 1/5 of the clinical dose of CDP Choline? Ahh. I see. I've been doin it wrong all along.

IamMikael is a jewel in the rough. (+500) IamMikael is a jewel in the rough. (+500) IamMikael is a jewel in the rough. (+500) IamMikael is a jewel in the rough. (+500) IamMikael is a jewel in the rough. (+500) IamMikael is a jewel in the rough. (+500) IamMikael is a jewel in the rough. (+500) IamMikael is a jewel in the rough. (+500) IamMikael is a jewel in the rough. (+500) IamMikael is a jewel in the rough. (+500) IamMikael is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    I remember when I first started listening to the Joe Rogan Experience.

kissdadookie has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) kissdadookie has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) kissdadookie has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) kissdadookie has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) kissdadookie has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) kissdadookie has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) kissdadookie has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) kissdadookie has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) kissdadookie has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) kissdadookie has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) kissdadookie has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    So a bunch of other under dosed ingredients makes up for the 1/5 of the clinical dose of CDP Choline? Ahh. I see. I've been doin it wrong all along.
    Look at the study they put out. It's doing something to a notable degree.

The choline in the product is Alpha-GPC. There's likely around 200 or so mg of if per serving. That's actually a decent dose for a cognitive boost especially if there's other ingredients working together with it. Also, the main star ingredient in the product is probably the AC-11.

I'm kind of questioning the dosages you are thinking of that would be good doses, because the dosing for CDP-choline is not the same as the dosing for Alpha-GPC.
    Clear Muscle Log: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=161906833&p=1244983053#post1244983053

"Now that you've got a basic degree of strength you can now proceed with success onto a bodybuilding type program - which I am not experienced in providing. You've exceeded what I focus on, and that is beginner strength gains." - Mark Rippetoe

IamMikael is a jewel in the rough. (+500) IamMikael is a jewel in the rough. (+500) IamMikael is a jewel in the rough. (+500) IamMikael is a jewel in the rough. (+500) IamMikael is a jewel in the rough. (+500) IamMikael is a jewel in the rough. (+500) IamMikael is a jewel in the rough. (+500) IamMikael is a jewel in the rough. (+500) IamMikael is a jewel in the rough. (+500) IamMikael is a jewel in the rough. (+500) IamMikael is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    I'm pretty sure Alpha Brain does nothing significant enough to make it worth it's own price tag.

Originally Posted by IamMikael View Post
    I'm pretty sure Alpha Brain does nothing significant enough to make it worth it's own price tag.
    Regardless of price (not saying if it's a good value or not), I'm just pointing out that simply stating the product doesn't do anything is a bit shortsighted and illogical. They did do a study on the actual finished product and the results thus far look very promising.

It's pronounced gif eatyourspinach's Avatar
    eatyourspinach has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) eatyourspinach has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) eatyourspinach has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) eatyourspinach has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) eatyourspinach has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) eatyourspinach has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) eatyourspinach has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) eatyourspinach has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) eatyourspinach has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) eatyourspinach has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) eatyourspinach has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)

The pilot study tested against placebo so I don't think that comparing it to the effectiveness of clinical doses is justified yet.
    My secret? Texting between sets.

Originally Posted by eatyourspinach View Post
    The pilot study tested against placebo so I don't think that comparing it to the effectiveness of clinical doses is justified yet.
    Clinical doses of individual ingredients in a study on the effects of an individual ingredient =/= dosing requirements for a finished product containing various ingredients and the effects the finished product as a whole may yield.

Thus a comparison really can't be made as one would then be comparing apples to oranges. That's what I was trying to point out. As an aside, the ingredients in the product, not really all that underdosed. The Alpha-GPC is going to likely come in at ~200 mg, that's not that bad of a dose. Their max dose suggestion is 3 caps for 200 and more lbs individuals. That brings the Alpha-GPC dose up to ~300 mg. That's the typical dose people use it at in a single dose.

It's pronounced gif eatyourspinach's Avatar
    eatyourspinach has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) eatyourspinach has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) eatyourspinach has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) eatyourspinach has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) eatyourspinach has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) eatyourspinach has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) eatyourspinach has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) eatyourspinach has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) eatyourspinach has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) eatyourspinach has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) eatyourspinach has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Clinical doses of individual ingredients in a study on the effects of an individual ingredient =/= dosing requirements for a finished product containing various ingredients and the effects the finished product as a whole may yield.

Thus a comparison really can't be made as one would then be comparing apples to oranges. That's what I was trying to point out. As an aside, the ingredients in the product, not really all that underdosed. The Alpha-GPC is going to likely come in at ~200 mg, that's not that bad of a dose. Their max dose suggestion is 3 caps for 200 and more lbs individuals. That brings the Alpha-GPC dose up to ~300 mg. That's the typical dose people use it at in a single dose.
    But if you aren't 200+ lbs then you're taking high doses of b6 which is kind of counterproductive to a nootropic, but that's a different tangent.
    My secret? Texting between sets.

Joey300 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    so I should not listen to Rogen?

Aweman has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Aweman has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Aweman has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Aweman has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Aweman has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Aweman has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Aweman has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Aweman has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Aweman has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Aweman has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Aweman has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Joe Rogan is on Onnit's website promoting the product, and listed as part of the Onnit Pro Team, w/e that is. Sounds to me like he has some sort of financial interest in the product, so while you can still listen to him, I'd exercise skepticism in what he says.

Originally Posted by Aweman View Post
    Joe Rogan is on Onnit's website promoting the product, and listed as part of the Onnit Pro Team, w/e that is. Sounds to me like he has some sort of financial interest in the product, so while you can still listen to him, I'd exercise skepticism in what he says.
    It's more or less partially his company. Of course he has vested interest in the company and products. Alpha Brain isn't bunk though, but the value is debatable (value as in $$$ to benefit ratio, which I would think is different from person to person).

Look at the study they put out. It's doing something to a notable degree.

The choline in the product is Alpha-GPC. There's likely around 200 or so mg of if per serving. That's actually a decent dose for a cognitive boost especially if there's other ingredients working together with it. Also, the main star ingredient in the product is probably the AC-11.

I'm kind of questioning the dosages you are thinking of that would be good doses, because the dosing for CDP-choline is not the same as the dosing for Alpha-GPC.
    I wasn't looking at the "natural" alpha brain. Regardless, the 200mg of Alpha GPC is a total guess. I will agree that's a decent amount, but I'll still pass. You can buy the whole 2 ingredients in here that are maybe close to clinical doses in bulk and call it a day.

Jcizzle45 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Ask any knowledgeable person from the nootropic community, and they will tell you to skip this junk, and just buy bulk powders. As well as the American Weigh Scales GEMINI-20 Portable MilliGram Scale. This scale works like a charm and is only just over $24.

You can buy all the nootropics you need from...
    -Powdercity
    -Liftmode
    -Bulksupplements

I wasn't looking at the "natural" alpha brain. Regardless, the 200mg of Alpha GPC is a total guess. I will agree that's a decent amount, but I'll still pass. You can buy the whole 2 ingredients in here that are maybe close to clinical doses in bulk and call it a day.
    Thought that all they did was refresh the packaging for it.

Thought that all they did was refresh the packaging for it.
    No I'm pretty sure before it was either fully non-prop or mostly non prop and they used CDP Choline instead of Alpha GPC.

No I'm pretty sure before it was either fully non-prop or mostly non prop and they used CDP Choline instead of Alpha GPC.
    I double checked it last night. It was always Alpha-GPC. It use to be disclosed though. 100 mg.

So, I was very off on the amount in the product

Ahh. It said "GPC Choline". Easily mistaken for CDP Choline since idk if I've ever seen it referred to as GPC Choline lol

Elliptical Envy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Elliptical Envy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Elliptical Envy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Elliptical Envy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Elliptical Envy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Elliptical Envy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Elliptical Envy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Elliptical Envy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Elliptical Envy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Elliptical Envy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Elliptical Envy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    A cheaper alternative to Alpha Brain would be HALEO's Mindset. We did run a study on Mindset comparing it to caffeine and placebo to make sure we put out an effective formula. In addition to that, our label is completely transparent, so you don't have to worry about performing the guesswork trying to figure out how many milligrams of an ingredient you're getting with us. Here's the product link if you want to check it out. http://www.bodybuilding.com/store/haleo/mindset.html
    HALEO Lead Forum Representative

Echo in Eternity

Store Link - http://www.bodybuilding.com/store/haleo.html
    ******** Page - www.********.com/pages/HALEO-Worldwide-Inc/344612048892858

Jumps over a bar for fun Highjumper21's Avatar
    Highjumper21 is just really nice. (+1000) Highjumper21 is just really nice. (+1000) Highjumper21 is just really nice. (+1000) Highjumper21 is just really nice. (+1000) Highjumper21 is just really nice. (+1000) Highjumper21 is just really nice. (+1000) Highjumper21 is just really nice. (+1000) Highjumper21 is just really nice. (+1000) Highjumper21 is just really nice. (+1000) Highjumper21 is just really nice. (+1000) Highjumper21 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by DGarcia519 View Post
    Good info.
    If you really want a product that is already mixed, SNS Focus XT gets a lot of mentions.
    came in to post this

tried alpha brain and its okay but not even close to worth the price
    their shroom tech is like a god send though... love it

ive wanted to try piracetam for a while but never pulled the trigger

personally love sns focus xt... cotton candy is absolutely amazing
    this with shroom tech is god mode