Page 10 of 14 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 ... LastLast
    Gett01 is just really nice. (+1000) Gett01 is just really nice. (+1000) Gett01 is just really nice. (+1000) Gett01 is just really nice. (+1000) Gett01 is just really nice. (+1000) Gett01 is just really nice. (+1000) Gett01 is just really nice. (+1000) Gett01 is just really nice. (+1000) Gett01 is just really nice. (+1000) Gett01 is just really nice. (+1000) Gett01 is just really nice. (+1000)
    I've been debating if I want to see that movie, but the last one was so overhyped and corny, so idk if I will.

Good luck moving on to the new phase of Izzy's program, should be cool. About the minor injuries, I get what you're talking about and I agree, little aches and pains happen and there's not much to do about it. It's like a football player or something, they get little injuries and bruises all the time, but you just gotta be smart about it and deal with them.
    My Training Log:

https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=174962261&p=1524584281#post1524584281

"Hard work beats talent when talent doesn't work hard"

Kameronn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Kameronn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Kameronn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Kameronn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Kameronn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Kameronn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Kameronn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Kameronn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Kameronn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Kameronn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Kameronn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Gl on PIP2, 4x week frequency is definitely something different. Give it 2-4 weeks and you'll be making gains again. Also, that e1rm seems interesting on the program, excited to see how it goes for you

i like marshmallow DJaRiHardstyle's Avatar
    DJaRiHardstyle is just really nice. (+1000) DJaRiHardstyle is just really nice. (+1000) DJaRiHardstyle is just really nice. (+1000) DJaRiHardstyle is just really nice. (+1000) DJaRiHardstyle is just really nice. (+1000) DJaRiHardstyle is just really nice. (+1000) DJaRiHardstyle is just really nice. (+1000) DJaRiHardstyle is just really nice. (+1000) DJaRiHardstyle is just really nice. (+1000) DJaRiHardstyle is just really nice. (+1000) DJaRiHardstyle is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by Gett01 View Post
    I've been debating if I want to see that movie, but the last one was so overhyped and corny, so idk if I will.

Good luck moving on to the new phase of Izzy's program, should be cool. About the minor injuries, I get what you're talking about and I agree, little aches and pains happen and there's not much to do about it. It's like a football player or something, they get little injuries and bruises all the time, but you just gotta be smart about it and deal with them.
    I definitely wouldn't recommend it. If you're going to make a trip to the movies, I'd see Ex Machina or something. That looks really good and so does the new Mad Max. I'm a sucker for interesting plots, so I'm probably gonna see Ex Machina sometime soon when friends get back from college.

And yeah exactly. George Leeman mentioned the fact that once you get to an elite level, it becomes less about how much work you're putting in and how gifted you are genetically (because both of those factors are probably working to your advantage if you're already elite.. those are givens), but about injuries. I think he took it as far as to say the only thing separating top athletes in this sport is injuries and how the athlete handles them. I love Rubish, but he's a perfect example of someone who could be competing amongst the greats if he stopped taking a YOLO approach to his training and thought long-term and longevity.

I'm obviously far from elite, but I make that point because it's still an important message for beginners and intermediates. With smart mobility work, correctives, attention to form, etc. you'll have that much of a leg up on those you're competing against. Sure they may have a higher total than you now, but six months down the line.. a year.. 2 years.... they'll have spent more time attending to their cocktail of injuries than actually training, while you'll still be riding the gain train and most likely surpassing them without too many aches and pains to worry about.

Originally Posted by Kameronn View Post
    Gl on PIP2, 4x week frequency is definitely something different. Give it 2-4 weeks and you'll be making gains again. Also, that e1rm seems interesting on the program, excited to see how it goes for you
    Yeah I'm excited, even though I wasn't too happy about realizing I can no longer gain strength off LP. That would be cool if I was benching 3+ plates and squatting 4+ plates (or squatting at all lol), but at the level I'm at, it's not exactly something I'm proud of.

Must be cool having Izzy as a coach. Would you recommend his coaching services one to two months out of a meet? I'm considering that since I'd already have been using his basic protocols coming in, so there'd essentially be no learning curve, and he'd hopefully be able to help me dial everything in come meet day.
    My website:
    NoFluffStrength.com
    Never sensational. Always real.

Currently just coming off of a show; follow my offseason log:
    Mindfulness, Mastery, and Muscle - DJaRiHardstyle's Offseason Mission
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=172199513&pagenumber=

DJaRiHardstyle is just really nice. (+1000) DJaRiHardstyle is just really nice. (+1000) DJaRiHardstyle is just really nice. (+1000) DJaRiHardstyle is just really nice. (+1000) DJaRiHardstyle is just really nice. (+1000) DJaRiHardstyle is just really nice. (+1000) DJaRiHardstyle is just really nice. (+1000) DJaRiHardstyle is just really nice. (+1000) DJaRiHardstyle is just really nice. (+1000) DJaRiHardstyle is just really nice. (+1000) DJaRiHardstyle is just really nice. (+1000)
    Facing Our Goliaths and Three RPE 10 sets in a "Deload" Session.. I'm an Idiot
    Sunday, May 10, 2015 - P2W1D1

Worked 5 hours today, finishing off a 40 hour work week. It's been intense, but I feel like I've learned so much and just generally now have all this firsthand experience. It's been awesome how much I've grown through these 2.5 months working here. They really make you work for your money, but there's this sense of accomplishment and pride in your work I just don't think could be found in too many other fast food places. I never thought I'd say I look forward to coming into work, but it's getting there. I also expressed interest in learning the grill today.. the grill is considered to be the toughest position. You're on huge time constraints constantly and you're always being barked at to cook different things and cut things up and whatnot. My coworkers that work grill all told me it's hell.

But I just don't like the thought that there's all these things I don't know how to do in the restaurant. Even though I'm heading back for school in September, I don't like being expendable. I don't like being just another worker my manager can throw orders at and view as just that.. an employee who shows up, does what he's asked, and leaves. I want to face this head on and use it as an experience that will help me grow.

That kinda made me think about a story in the Bible I just recently read. The well known David and Goliath face-off. Before David became king, he was just a young man no one really believed in, but he had huge dreams and visions. Ultimately, he took what the Lord had told the Israelites to heart.. that He would watch over them and protect them. Everyone else just mindlessly followed the crowd, but David took the tougher route. No one else was willing to battle Goliath, so David saw an opportunity and took it. Not many stories in Scripture have stuck out to me as much as this one, because of how obvious the applicability is.

We all have Goliaths in our life. They're the things we know we probably should do, but because of fear, we've completely eliminated the thought of victory from our minds. We've pushed the responsibility off and either told ourselves "eh, someone else will do it" or "I'll do it later.. once I've [insert excuse]".

Believe in yourself. Take on those Goliaths, despite what people in your life, no matter how good their intentions may be, tell you. Because trusting God is easy when it's a safe situation where you didn't really doubt yourself in the first place.. it takes a David (and we can all be a David) to see what needs to be done and do it regardless of how low the chances of success may be in the eyes of others.

If you listen to one song today, make it this. I seriously love this.... must've listened to it well over a hundred times. It just completely captivates that idea of overcoming the hard things in life via completely placing our faith in the Lord.

So I started the phase today. Of course I was an idiot and completely forgot the deload protocol and went for the back-off sets anyway. No worries, I'll just do it starting now and then deload next Sunday too to make up for today.

Spoto Press - 2-count pause
    45 x 10
    95 x 6
    135 x 4
    185 x 2
    225 x 6 @ 9
    208 x 6 @ 8.5
    208 x 6 @ 10
    *add SlingShot*
    208 x 6 @ 9

Incline Bench Press - controlled TnG
    135 x 4
    175 x 8 @ 10
    155 x 8 @ 8.5
    155 x 7 @ 10 <-- what am I doing

Weighted Pull-Ups
    35 x 4
    35 x 3
    35 x 2
    35 x 2
    35 x 2
    *these are feeling so easy*

Stay positive, stay strong, stay real!
    My website:
    NoFluffStrength.com

Gett01 is just really nice. (+1000) Gett01 is just really nice. (+1000) Gett01 is just really nice. (+1000) Gett01 is just really nice. (+1000) Gett01 is just really nice. (+1000) Gett01 is just really nice. (+1000) Gett01 is just really nice. (+1000) Gett01 is just really nice. (+1000) Gett01 is just really nice. (+1000) Gett01 is just really nice. (+1000) Gett01 is just really nice. (+1000)
    I totally agree about Rubbish. The guy is awesome and so hardcore with his training, but there's just no way all of the insane stuff he does would actually work for an average person. I've always gotten my best results when I take a step back, evaluate, and make carefully planned decisions, instead of just YOLOing it
    My Training Log:

https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=174962261&p=1524584281#post1524584281

Kameronn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Kameronn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Kameronn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Kameronn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Kameronn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Kameronn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Kameronn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Kameronn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Kameronn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Kameronn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Kameronn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    I would recommend him, but he'll probably completely change the way you train, depending on how you answer the questionnaire. My current program is not really any PTW program at all.... and I'm still ~9 weeks out.

I generally feel that after this meet I'll do my own programming using the RTS autoregulation after learning from Izzy

I totally agree about Rubbish. The guy is awesome and so hardcore with his training, but there's just no way all of the insane stuff he does would actually work for an average person. I've always gotten my best results when I take a step back, evaluate, and make carefully planned decisions, instead of just YOLOing it
    '

And just the sheer amount of injuries he goes through in a given training cycle are pretty revealing. If he wasn't constantly dealing with those, I have no doubts he'd be pulling over 900 by now. But he's stuck doing rep work in the 700s cuz of all the crazy chit he's put his body through.

I would recommend him, but he'll probably completely change the way you train, depending on how you answer the questionnaire. My current program is not really any PTW program at all.... and I'm still ~9 weeks out.

I generally feel that after this meet I'll do my own programming using the RTS autoregulation after learning from Izzy
    Do you think you've gotten significantly more optimal results with him as a coach rather than just running PTW on your own?
    My website:
    NoFluffStrength.com

Yeah, but that's because I was in a transitional phase where I didn't really know what to do. If you feel like you know what you're doing right now, just save your money

Yeah, but that's because I was in a transitional phase where I didn't really know what to do. If you feel like you know what you're doing right now, just save your money
    Fair enough, thanks man. I was really only considering it for a short period before my meet just to help dial things in, but if everything seems to be going right up till the meet, there won't be any real reason to.
    My website:
    NoFluffStrength.com

Doing Hard Things Just Because They're Hard Is Not Smart.. It's Wise
    Monday, May 11 + Tuesday, May 12, 2015 - P2W1D2, GPP 1

I've been missing out on some days of logging but I will get back into a regular daily routine of logging again soon. I just wanted to quickly go over the topic that I had been thinking about a lot today, and then I'll post training numbers. Hopefully I'll get video of next week's training, because this week's training wasn't regular and I'm still getting adjusted to the second phase (therefore it wouldn't be accurately representing what a week in training looks like for me, thereby diminishing the entire point of these "week in training" videos).

Monday was pretty slow, but today was busy. Woke up at 6:20am, like I always do for my 9 hour shifts (going to move it back to 6am once I make sure I'm getting a minimum of 8 hours sleep a night), got my breakfast in, packed for the gym, went to work and worked as cashier until 4:15, drove to the gym, got a tough but super focused session in, showered, and headed home.

By the time I got to my elliptical sprints, I was running through every excuse in my head not to do them, and even when I came up with some pretty reasonable ones, I realized I had to do it. Partially because it's written in the program and veering from the program this early on in the second phase is naive, but also because I didn't want to do them.

This obviously is not always the case, but 99% of the time, in situations like these, it's important that we take the harder route. Admittedly, that's not a smart approach to tackling life's obstacles and going through your daily tasks. How could it be smart? It'll inconvenience you, make you more stressed than need be, and oftentimes prevent you from being efficient. It's not smart, but in my opinion it's extremely wise. This is how we learn to persevere.. it's easy to say we are going to accomplish this goal or that goal when everything is easy, but when it comes down to the wire and we feel like there's no hope left or we've been defeated by life, THAT'S when it's important to be the best you you can be.

Just like how training the weak part of a given lift teaches us to be strong out of that sticking point, through overload and motor patterns learned over time, putting ourselves in difficult situations when it seems so easy and obvious to resort to the more convenient way teaches us to be stronger in those situations when we don't actively choose to be placed in them.

Those sprints weren't fun at all.... I hadn't done sprints, at least to the amount Izzy prescribes, in a while, due to a whole array of excuses, and I felt that. I was out of breath really fast and felt like I just finished a marathon by the time I was done. My face turned dark red, sweat pouring everywhere, and I looked ridiculous going all out for my sprints on the elliptical. Yet somehow I was able to tune all of that out and ask God for strength.. mental and physical, as I pushed out sprint after sprint. By the time I was done, the feeling of having pushed myself to do that even though I really didn't want to, was awesome. I just had this spurt of motivation and I started thinking about everything I was going to get accomplished tonight. No video games, just getting this log done and then my Bible reading and then some extra work and then bed by midnight, even if I'm not finished. Gotta take advantage of all the sleep I can get while I'm still back home. That said, I'm going to try and be proactive about keeping my sleep schedule much more regular than it was last semester by being more efficient with my studying (laying out what needs to be done in a given day and when each thing needs to be completed so I don't push it off until late) and not allowing myself excuses to stay awake.

Monday's training (@ the PL gym):

*no back-off sets*

Paused Deadlift - 318.5 x 6 @ 9 [e1RM = 395]

Close-Grip Bench Press - 226.5 x 6 @ 9 [e1RM = 281]

Weighted Wide-Grip Pull-Ups - 35 x 4, (35 x 3) x 3

GHR - BW x 10, 4. Light band x 10

Single-Leg Calf Press - 1+25 x 14, 4, 4, 4

Tuesday's training (@ the OG):

Weighted Wide-Grip Pull-Ups - (35 x 4) x 4

Unilateral Cable Row - 55 x 20, 5, 7, 6

Ab Machine - 140 x 20, 7, 5, 6

Seated DB Curls w/Fat Gripz - 25 x 18, 4, 4, 5

Unilateral Face Pulls - 22 x 18, 5, 5, 5

Elliptical Sprints (100:20 scheme) - (6-13 Intensity x 7)

My website:
    NoFluffStrength.com

sonnydfrizzy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) sonnydfrizzy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) sonnydfrizzy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) sonnydfrizzy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) sonnydfrizzy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) sonnydfrizzy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) sonnydfrizzy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) sonnydfrizzy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) sonnydfrizzy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) sonnydfrizzy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) sonnydfrizzy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    On spread dude.

I love reading your posts srs. My favorite and first log I read. Even though I do not respond much, know I am forever lurking and really learn a LOT from your insight.

You are wise beyond your years man.
    Been playing with shafts and balls since '75.

Originally Posted by sonnydfrizzy View Post
    On spread dude.

I love reading your posts srs. My favorite and first log I read. Even though I do not respond much, know I am forever lurking and really learn a LOT from your insight.

You are wise beyond your years man.
    Didn't see this until now, otherwise I would've said something. But that means so much man. I don't know about wise, but my lack of extroversion and happiness (although this is improving) definitely translates into really living inside my mind. Can be pretty destructive, but also allows me to look at things from a few different/deeper angles than I otherwise would have.

We're pretty similar in that I think we both tend to be meticulous in our training and dieting, at least in theory, and can be a little obsessive at times. Just like your relationship with food may have been worsened, or at least significantly affected, by your involvement in the fitness community, my obsession definitely manifested itself in this.

Idk what I'm going on about, but I really do appreciate that, man.
    My website:
    NoFluffStrength.com

Weird Day At The Gym..
    Wednesday, May 13, 2015 - "Off" Day.. Kinda

Went into the gym today because my dad changed his mind about not going on Wednesdays, conveniently well after I had completely reformatted my split so that I could go every day except Wednesday. Since this was a sub-optimal split, forcing me to use my crappy apartment gym on Saturdays, this is good because now I can find a way to use Saturday as my off day instead.

So I had a strange day at the gym.... just did a bunch of random mobility stuff and stretches. Only went in because I didn't want to be sitting around all day. But I didn't do any lifting, just mobility/stretches. Okay the sleepytime meds are kicking in.... night guys.
    My website:
    NoFluffStrength.com

Week In Training Posts and Videos?
    Thursday, May 14, 2015 - P2W1D3

This is an idea I've been tossing around a lot lately. I feel as though my interest in logging, after over 2 years, is starting to decline. On top of that, I've been more or less picking at straws for ideas for each day's log, so I end up with a lot of logs that are about a topic that hadn't actually been on my mind much and was more of a paragraph of ramblings than anything else.

So to keep things fresh and interesting, I've been thinking about updating the log each week, by the end of the training week (Friday), to go over the week in training. This way also, you'll have a better understanding of how I'm progressing, because each post will be a week-to-week step so that you can see tangible progression in the form of increase in e1RM. Day-to-day training numbers in between blocks of texts doesn't exactly tell you much. I'll be able to only go over top sets (and probably back-off sets), so that it's not crowded with unimportant warm-up weights (what good does telling you how many reps I did at 135 warming up for the DL do?), although work-up sets may be included (these are something I'm still trying to get better about).

I'm still debating whether or not I would post anything for GPP days. Maybe I'd just include if there was something memorable worth mentioning (i.e. bicep curl strength went up by 10 pounds in one week - this is cause for evaluation of training/diet/etc.... "what was I doing so right to achieve this?").

For now, I'll just leave the numbers for Thursday, then I'll post again tonight (Friday), and will probably start this right after that, not posting again until next Friday.

Box Squat - at parallel, not below, didn't lean back upon sitting
    45 x 6
    135 x 5
    185 x 3
    225 x 3
    275 x 3 @ 9 <-- not squatting for months and then coming back really checks your ego

Bench Press - competition pause
    45 x 6
    95 x 5
    135 x 5
    185 x 3
    225 x 3
    243.5 x 3 @ 9.5 <-- can't wait to start actually lifting real weights again -_-

Overhead Press
    45 x 5
    75 x 5
    95 x 6
    102 x 8 @ 8

Calf Press - plates per side
    2+25 x 30, 12, 8, 7 <-- Huge PR lol

Pull-Ups - wide-grip
    BW x 12

My website:
    NoFluffStrength.com

GZeolla is a jewel in the rough. (+500) GZeolla is a jewel in the rough. (+500) GZeolla is a jewel in the rough. (+500) GZeolla is a jewel in the rough. (+500) GZeolla is a jewel in the rough. (+500) GZeolla is a jewel in the rough. (+500) GZeolla is a jewel in the rough. (+500) GZeolla is a jewel in the rough. (+500) GZeolla is a jewel in the rough. (+500) GZeolla is a jewel in the rough. (+500) GZeolla is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    I only post my logs once per week But that's because I don't have time after every workout. Warmups are important, so I post mine. You are able to squat again! That is good to see.
    Zeolla.org
    Personal website of Gary F. Zeolla
    All-time open raw top 15 ranked powerlifter
    All-time masters raw record breaking powerlifter
    Author of Christian and of fitness books, websites, and newsletters
    http://www.zeolla.org/

My training log: GZeolla’s Two by Two Powerlifting Training Plan
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=165355561

“the Lord stood by me and gave me strength” (2Tim 4:17).

Originally Posted by GZeolla View Post
    I only post my logs once per week But that's because I don't have time after every workout. Warmups are important, so I post mine. You are able to squat again! That is good to see.
    Yessir! Although it might be a while until I'm squatting in meets again
    My website:
    NoFluffStrength.com

My last week of P2. Things have not been going great with my training, as evidenced by that grind to pull 430 at the end of the video (meanwhile, 475 wasn't even hard at my meet). That said, I'm loving the muscle I've built. Feel like my back's found a way to speed up growth even more (which is wild, considering back is my weak point) and legs are even starting to show signs of growth. If you guys are interested, I recommend checking out satellite cell activation (achieved thru myo reps.... thanks to Sonny for opening my eyes to the wonderful wonderful world of myo reps).

BUT I'm not going to let this become the endless see-saw of training for physique to training for powerlifting that this always ends up being once progress on PIP slows down. So I've got some big news in the works, which I will reveal once it's an absolute.

Anyways, I considered not even posting this just because I was so disappointed with the week's training, but I figure these need to be here to be used as milestones as I track my progress. Plus you guys can see what the new gym looks like.

Enjoy.

I will be getting back to regular posting very soon.
    My website:
    NoFluffStrength.com

Gym looks sweet, it's actually pretty similar to the one I've been going to, minus the monolift and crossfit section. And wut, safety bar squats? The box squats look really nice though, and I'd say that it's really easy to get down on ourselves, because the 430 pull still looked pretty fast tbh. And it's also easy to forget that the meet lifts are peaked, which makes a huge difference. There's no way we could just show up on any average gym day and hit those numbers, it takes a bunch of prep, so it's probably better for the purposes of training and motivation to think in terms of a training max instead (which you could definitely hit).

Also, I recently discovered a tip for OHP that might help you, it's made a big difference for me. Instead of resting the bar on the upper chest, hold it over the clavicles. It lessens the range of motion and keeps the bar closer to your body and in the path it's supposed to take. Omar Isuf came out with a video about it recently, that's where I got it from.
    My Training Log:

sonnydfrizzy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) sonnydfrizzy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) sonnydfrizzy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) sonnydfrizzy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) sonnydfrizzy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) sonnydfrizzy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) sonnydfrizzy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) sonnydfrizzy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) sonnydfrizzy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) sonnydfrizzy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) sonnydfrizzy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    I <3 Myo reps mayne

I am starting to believe that the number of hard sets done is the key to muscle growth, not necessarily total tonnage. Data suggests that the total number of sets that meet a certain threshold of intensity may be a key component in muscle hypertrophy, not necessarily sets x reps x weight. That is why myo reps and rest pause works so well IMO.

Keep hustlin cuz

Gym looks sweet, it's actually pretty similar to the one I've been going to, minus the monolift and crossfit section. And wut, safety bar squats? The box squats look really nice though, and I'd say that it's really easy to get down on ourselves, because the 430 pull still looked pretty fast tbh. And it's also easy to forget that the meet lifts are peaked, which makes a huge difference. There's no way we could just show up on any average gym day and hit those numbers, it takes a bunch of prep, so it's probably better for the purposes of training and motivation to think in terms of a training max instead (which you could definitely hit).

Also, I recently discovered a tip for OHP that might help you, it's made a big difference for me. Instead of resting the bar on the upper chest, hold it over the clavicles. It lessens the range of motion and keeps the bar closer to your body and in the path it's supposed to take. Omar Isuf came out with a video about it recently, that's where I got it from.
    Funny you mention that, cuz watching the video I was like "geez I didn't realize I was bringing it that far down". It just looks awkward lol.... so, thanks, I'll give that a try! And thanks for the comment on the DL speed. Yeah it looks way faster than it felt. Just very disappointing to have so little to show for after grinding for 14 weeks. But I'm not giving up yet!

Originally Posted by sonnydfrizzy View Post
    I <3 Myo reps mayne

I am starting to believe that the number of hard sets done is the key to muscle growth, not necessarily total tonnage. Data suggests that the total number of sets that meet a certain threshold of intensity may be a key component in muscle hypertrophy, not necessarily sets x reps x weight. That is why myo reps and rest pause works so well IMO.

Keep hustlin cuz
    YES, exactly.... that was a really interesting point Borge made in his explanation. It would be cool to have more studies to conduct better meta analyses on this kinda stuff, so we can really capitalize on what's important and what's nonsense when it comes to muscle growth.. would completely change the fitness community for the better.
    My website:
    NoFluffStrength.com

Saw Mad Max Fury Road with my dad and brother today.... still need to see Ex Machina with Angelica. Also, a friend from college is coming to DC soon and we were planning on seeing something, so maybe Poltergeist or San Andreas, idk. I don't usually see this many movies.

Also, might as well post what the big news is now that it's official.

officially hired Izzy as my coach!

Very excited. Payment went through, Izzy sent over the questionnaire, I responded (8 page response.. he'll either hate me or love me for that), and now I just wait until I get my plan for training, nutrition, supplementation, and all the nitty-gritty. Will definitely keep you all posted!
    My website:
    NoFluffStrength.com

Originally Posted by DJaRiHardstyle View Post
    Saw Mad Max Fury Road with my dad and brother today.... still need to see Ex Machina with Angelica. Also, a friend from college is coming to DC soon and we were planning on seeing something, so maybe Poltergeist or San Andreas, idk. I don't usually see this many movies.

Also, might as well post what the big news is now that it's official.

officially hired Izzy as my coach!

Very excited. Payment went through, Izzy sent over the questionnaire, I responded (8 page response.. he'll either hate me or love me for that), and now I just wait until I get my plan for training, nutrition, supplementation, and all the nitty-gritty. Will definitely keep you all posted!
    Hey man, genuinely excited to see what he has you doing and how you progress! Best of luck

This thing still on?
    My Training Log:

Sorry guys, I'm back.

This past week in training:

Monday

Competition Bench
    185 x 6 @ 7
    195 x 6 @ 8
    208 x 6 @ 9.5
    198 x 5 @ F (too little rest time, as next set shows)
    198 x 6 @ 9

3 Count Pause Bench
    158 x 8 @ 7
    158 x 8 @ 8.5

Competition Deadlift
    315 x 6 @ 6.5
    335 x 6 @ 7.5
    355 x 6 @ 9
    335 x 6 @ 7.5
    335 x 6 @ 9
    335 x 6 @ 9.5

Snatch-Grip Deadlift w/straps
    225 x 8 @ 5
    240 x 10 @ 7
    240 x 10 @ 7
    240 x 10 @ 8
    240 x 9 @ 9

Tuesday

-Unilateral Row [MyoReps]
    -Ab Machine [MyoReps]
    -Seated DB Hammer Curls w/Fat Gripz [MyoReps]
    -Face Pulls[MyoReps]
    -Seated Calf Raise [MyoReps]
    -Elliptical Sprints (7 sprints @ 100:20 scheme)

Wednesday

Safety Squat Bar Box Squat
    260 x 6 @ 7
    275 x 6 @ 8
    292 x 6 @ 9
    275 x 6 @ 8
    275 x 6 @ 8
    275 x 6 @ 8
    275 x 6 @ 8.5 (stopped here due to slight knee pain in the injured knee)

Leg Press - assuming weightless sled
    400 x 8 @ 5
    430 x 8 @ 6
    460 x 8 @ 7.5
    460 x 8 @ 8
    460 x 8 @ 8
    460 x 8 @ 8.5
    460 x 8 @ 9

Paused Slingshot Bench
    210 x 5 @ 7.5
    225 x 6 @ 9
    210 x 6 @ 7.5
    210 x 6 @ 8
    210 x 6 @ 8.5
    210 x 6 @ 10 (no lift off threw me off)

Close-Grip TnG Bench
    145 x 10 @ 8.5 (extremely weak because the 10 RPE set killed me)

Friday

Competition Bench
    155 x 8 @ 6
    176 x 8 @ 7
    176 x 8 @ 8
    176 x 8 @ 9.5

Feet-Up TnG Bench
    150 x 10 @ 7
    150 x 10 @ 8.5

2" Deficit Deadlift
    295 x 8 @ 6
    310 x 8 @ 7
    310 x 8 @ 8
    310 x 8 @ 8.5
    310 x 8 @ 8.5
    310 x 8 @ 9

Romanian Deadlift w/straps
    215 x 10 @ 6
    230 x 10 @ 7
    230 x 10 @ 7
    230 x 10 @ 8
    230 x 10 @ 9

Saturday

-Lat Pulldown [MyoReps]
    -Standing Cable Crunch [MyoReps]
    -Unilateral Cable Curls [MyoReps]
    -Unilateral Face Pulls[MyoReps]
    -Unilateral Calf Press [MyoReps]

**Some quick notes**
    -Programming with Izzy is going great. We're trying to peak me for this meet in less than 9 weeks with hypertrophy/strength/peaking blocks. Because it's in such a short time, this hypertrophy block was a little quicker and more violent than it otherwise would have been. I still have two weeks left of the hypertrophy block, then we're moving onto strength, which I should be at for a while.

-I've got high carb and low carb days. High carb, we're looking at 460g, which is still less than what my daily intake was before working with Izzy.... low carb is 275g. To eliminate variables and make this easier to follow/less to think about, I'm eating basically the exact same meals everyday. Here's an idea of it.

Low Carb:

Meal 1 - 3 whole eggs, 1 cup oatmeal
    Meal 2 - @Chipotle: Bowl w/white rice, pinto, fajita, 2x chicken, tomato salsa, guac
    Meal 3 (before training) - 2 scoops whey + 1 cup milk, 1 fruit
    Meal 4 (after training) - 2 cups vanilla GY + 1 cup granola

High Carb:

Meal 1 - 1 scoop whey + 1 cup milk, 1 fruit
    Meal 2 (before training) - 2 cups vanilla GY + 1 cup granola
    Meal 3 (after training) - 1 bagel + strawberry jam, 2 cups oatmeal
    Meal 4 - @Chipotle: Bowl w/white rice, pinto, black, fajita, 2x chicken, tomato salsa, guac

(Supplementation includes a multi, fish oil, Vit C, Vit D3, etc.)
    (Also a bunch of pre- and post-workout supplements)

-Average weight this week was 180.8; waist is down 1.25 inches, neck down .25 inches over the past two weeks

-Seeing a neurokinetic therapist this Friday for my trap imbalance, quadriceps tendinitis, and APT

-Izzy may or may not switch me over to percentage-based programming to remove the subjectivity of autoreg.

-Misc: Work has been very busy. Regularly working 37 hour weeks comprised of 9-10 hour shifts where I'm constantly doing something. The other cashier was let go, so I'm one of the only ones left and since I'm not trained on grill, they just keep me on cash.
    Saw Jurassic World with a friend Friday night.... not a huge fan of these kinds of movies, but the CGI blew me away. Amazing how far we've come.

That's about it. Making some other positive changes in my life that are a little too personal for this log, but I'd [possibly] be okay with discussing w/people in private. Still a lot of work ahead of me as far as improving my mentality. The main thing is accepting who I am and being okay with it, rather than thinking I have to be a completely different person to not go back into super dark depression and obsession this school year. I'm medicated now and am looking for a therapist, but I think the majority of the change needs to be a conscious decision.

My website:
    NoFluffStrength.com

Awesome update, I'm feeling pumped for you and the way that things are headed. Tons of work is tough, but not always a bad thing, for me anyway, I have no clue what I'd be doing this summer if not for my internship. And just a small detail, but recently I've been using the stopwatch on my phone in between sets to standardize my rest times (b/c you were saying you misjudged the rest between bench sets). I have no idea if Izzy had prescribed rest times or if you have your own way of doing it, but makes a big difference for me. And apparently it takes 3 min for 85% of muscle ATP to regenerate, and 5 min for 99% to regenerate, so something to think about (for more intense sets anyway, not so much for hypertrophy work).

Also I saw Jurassic World yesterday, and loved it, I'm a big fan of the series. The first will always be my favorite but I think Jurassic World was better than the other 2 sequels. The acting and storyline were ok, but it was the breathtaking CGI that really got me.
    My Training Log:

June 14-21, 2015
    Weight: 179.9

Monday

Competition Bench
    175 x 8 @ 7
    185 x 8 @ 8
    208 x 6 @ 9.5
    195 x 7 @ 9
    180 x 8 @ 9

3 Count Pause Bench
    145 x 10 @ 9
    145 x 10 @ 10

Competition Deadlift
    305 x 8 @ 7
    320 x 8 @ 8
    340 x 8 @ 9.5
    315 x 8 @ 8
    315 x 8 @ 8
    315 x 8 @ 8.5
    315 x 8 @ 9.5

225 x 12 @ 7
    225 x 12 @ 8
    225 x 12 @ 8.5
    225 x 12 @ 9

Tuesday

-Ab Wheel [MyoReps]
    -Face Pulls[MyoReps]

Wednesday

250 x 8 @ 7
    260 x 8 @ 7.5
    280 x 8 @ 8.5
    265 x 8 @ 6.5
    265 x 8 @ 7
    265 x 8 @ 7
    265 x 8 @ 7.5
    265 x 8 @ 8
    265 x 8 @ 8.5
    265 x 8 @ 9.5

360 x 10 @ ?
    380 x 10 @ ?
    400 x 10 @ 6
    400 x 10 @ 7
    400 x 10 @ 8
    400 x 10 @ 8
    400 x 10 @ 8.5
    400 x 10 @ 9.5

Paused Slingshot Bench
    190 x 8 @ 7.5
    200 x 8 @ 8
    212 x 8 @ 9
    192 x 8 @ 8
    192 x 8 @ 9.5

Close-Grip TnG Bench
    145 x 12 @ 6.5
    145 x 9 @ 9

Friday

Competition Bench
    135 x 10 @ ?
    155 x 10 @ 6
    155 x 10 @ 7
    155 x 10 @ 8.5
    155 x 10 @ 9.5

Feet-Up TnG Bench
    136.5 x 12 @ 7
    136.5 x 12 @ 8
    136.5 x 11 @ 9

2" Deficit Deadlift
    245 x 10 @ ?
    273 x 10 @ 6.5
    273 x 10 @ 7
    273 x 10 @ 8.5
    273 x 10 @ 9
    273 x 10 @ 9.5
    (all beltless, except last set)

210 x 12 @ 6
    210 x 12 @ 7.5
    210 x 12 @ 8.5
    210 x 12 @ 9

Saturday

-Hi-Row [MyoReps]
    -Ab Machine [MyoReps]
    -Bicep Curl Machine [MyoReps]
    -Unilateral Face Pulls [MyoReps]

**Some quick notes**
    -Izzy has been responsive and extremely helpful whenever I've reached out about an issue, i.e. my quadriceps tendinitis and trap imbalance.

-Diet has not changed at all. Same macros, same foods, same supplementation, same times, etc.

-Waist size pretty stagnant, neck size surprisingly going down.

-Saw the neurokinetic therapist, who brought me through some interesting ranges of motions and would apply pressure to different areas to inhibit/activate motor units to learn which muscles needed to be released. My left trap, right QL, and right psoas are all extremely tight and need to be released. Scheduled a follow up for Monday, where she wants to know about any odd firing of muscles or new imbalances that have popped up during training since I saw her.

-Got my last week of the hypertrophy block coming up, and then I'm transitioning into the strength block(s). Very excited to see what these will look like.

-Misc: Work, work, and more work. I'm learning to stop stressing out about it and instead just put a ton of work into doing it to the best of my abilities. That said, I'm also coming in a little later now. I used to come in an hour early to get all my prep done on time so I could always break before we open up, but I figure sleep is way too important to throw away for a job I'm only at until school starts. Getting stronger, getting healthier mentally and emotionally, boosting test, etc.. it all starts with a proper circadian rhythm. The old phrase goes "Don't sweat the petty things and don't pet the sweaty things." Something like that.

I'm implementing mind body relaxation and cognitive therapy more each day. Some days, such as today (Sundays), I literally have no time where I can dedicate 20-40 minutes to meditating or going through cognitive therapy write-ups I do for myself, on top of reading some books about it, but I'm pushing myself to get it done as many days as I can. As I'm learning, it's extremely important to do this as frequently as possible to enforce that feeling of relaxation and help me better enter that state of mind when I become stressed.

My website:
    NoFluffStrength.com

Awesome stuff, looking forward to seeing the strength block, should be awesome. Also excited to see how this meet goes for you, and good luck with that therapy and releasing those muscles
    My Training Log:

Awesome stuff, looking forward to seeing the strength block, should be awesome. Also excited to see how this meet goes for you, and good luck with that therapy and releasing those muscles
    Thanks man, he just e-mailed me the first strength block and adjustments to my nutrition. Extremely excited.

And yeah man, we'll see if I can dial it all in. I definitely have some numbers in mind I want to hit.... we'll see if we can do that.

Best of luck with getting back to training. Injuries are the bane of my existence; I absolutely feel your pain. But this sport is laden with serious injuries; what separates the good from the great really does boil down to injury prevention and, most importantly, ability to rehab injuries. You take a very scientific, objective, and holistic approach to your training.... I have zero doubts you'll be back to those 3 plate squats in no time.
    My website:
    NoFluffStrength.com

Dude so stoked to see the strength block from Izzy! Are you having to do a weight cut for this next meet? How are you feeling in general lately and has the macros seen another increase?

Any difference in doing the myo reps??

June 21-28, 2015
    Weight: 178.9

Monday

Competition Bench
    185 x 5 @ 7
    195 x 5 @ 8
    208 x 5 @ 9
    202 x 5 @ 9

3 Count Pause Bench
    153 x 6 @ 7
    162 x 6 @ 8
    162 x 6 @ 8.5
    162 x 6 @ 9
    *The real RPEs were probably lower than these, for reasons that would take too long to explain*

Competition Deadlift
    335 x 5 @ 7
    353 x 5 @ 8
    373 x 5 @ 9.5
    362 x 5 @ 9
    362 x 5 @ 9
    362 x 5 @ 9
    362 x 5 @ 9.5

265 x 8 @ 7
    280 x 8 @ 8
    280 x 8 @ 9
    280 x 8 @ 9.5

Tuesday

-Ab Wheel [MyoReps]
    -Face Pulls[MyoReps]

Wednesday

280 x 5 @ 7
    295 x 5 @ 8
    315 x 5 @ 9
    305 x 5 @ 8
    305 x 5 @ 8.5
    305 x 5 @ 9.5

465 x 6 @ 6.5
    515 x 6 @ 8
    515 x 6 @ 8
    515 x 6 @ 8
    515 x 6 @ 8.5
    515 x 6 @ 9
    515 x 6 @ 9.5

Paused Slingshot Bench
    210 x 5 @ 7.5
    220 x 4 @ 9 --> b/c of confidence.. see the last set
    210 x 5 @ 7.5
    210 x 5 @ 8
    210 x 5 @ 8
    210 x 5 @ 8
    235 x 5 @ 9

Close-Grip TnG Bench
    160 x 8 @ 6
    180 x 8 @ 8
    180 x 5 @ 9.5

Friday

Competition Bench
    178 x 6 @ 6
    188 x 6 @ 7
    198 x 6 @ 8.5
    198 x 6 @ 9

Feet-Up TnG Bench
    152 x 8 @ 6
    169 x 10 @ 8
    180 x 8 @ 9 <-- BIG PR

2" Deficit Deadlift
    305 x 6 @ 6.5
    320 x 6 @ 7.5
    339 x 6 @ 8
    339 x 6 @ 8.5
    339 x 6 @ 9

238 x 8 @ 6
    265 x 8 @ 8
    265 x 8 @ 9

Saturday

-Hi-Row [MyoReps]
    -Ab Machine [MyoReps]
    -Bicep Curl Machine [MyoReps]
    -Face Pulls [MyoReps]

**Some quick notes**

-Because weight and bf have been dropping, carbs on both high and low carb days were boosted by 10g.. And, as you can see, weight still dropped.

-Waist size is down.

-Neurokinetic therapist is now focusing on my left scalene, left quadratus femoris, and left + right peroneals.

-This was my last week of the hypertrophy block. As I type this, I just received my plan for this strength block, as well as an updated nutrition plan. Very excited.

-Misc: Still working a lot, but I gave my boss a one-month notice, as I'll be leaving early August. That way there's absolutely no stress leading up to the meet.

-Not doing as well as I'd like with MBR, but Izzy made a great point in his latest video on why we should really only have one goal at a time. It's not optimal to divide up your will power to all these different goals, whereas you could be focusing it on one goal until that becomes a habit, then the next goal, etc. Quality > Quantity.

My website:
    NoFluffStrength.com

Page 10 of 14 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 ... LastLast