hawaiihypnosis has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

ZMA + Melatonin for sleeps and dreams

Hey folks, first time poster. My main reason for using ZMA and Melatonin is to help switching my sleeping patterns around - and more importantly to help with lucid dreaming.

Recently I switched my sleeping pattern around. I used to stay awake anywhere from 1am to 3am - sometimes 4am.

For close to a month I've been falling asleep by midnight - which has been a HUGE change for me. About a week ago I've been working on getting to sleep even earlier.

I bought some 3mg Melatonin pills two days ago. I split them up in half so I get roughly 1.5mg - which should be plenty.

Then I was in a vitamin store yesterday and I asked the guy (my old neighbor) what is good for increasing dreams.

"Get some ZMA - it'll give you some really intense dreams". As soon as he said that I remembered a friend mentioning ZMA on ******** a few days ago.

Here are my main concerns:

1) I don't want to throw my system off by overdoing it with Melatonin. Can anyone recommend a good schedule so I don't build up a tolerance to it? (4 days on - 3 days off / 5 days on 2 days off, every other day, etc?)

2) I wasn't aware that calcium (which is in the melatonin I got) can't minimize the effects of the magnessium in the ZMA (or vice versa). Should I take these two supplements at different times? Like ZMA at 9pm. Then the 1.5mg melatonin at 9:30pm? (I'd like to get to sleep by 10pm).

What has your experience been with ZMA + Melatonin supplementation?

Aloha,
    Antonio

Bro1ex has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Bro1ex has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Bro1ex has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Bro1ex has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Hey Hawaiihypnosis,

First off melatonin and ZMA are both a good choice for changing up your circadian rhythm.

I don't feel like melatonin alone can "throw your system off". Melatonin is naturally produced in the brain as a response to darkness and dim light. I have taken 3mg of melatonin every night for over 5 years and it has never "thrown me off" or made me feel drowsy the next day.

As for ZMA, great choice for someone seeking the hormonal benefits.

In terms of activating a stage of lucidity, are you looking at guides online?

Originally Posted by Bro1ex View Post
    Hey Hawaiihypnosis,

First off melatonin and ZMA are both a good choice for changing up your circadian rhythm.

I don't feel like melatonin alone can "throw your system off". Melatonin is naturally produced in the brain as a response to darkness and dim light. I have taken 3mg of melatonin every night for over 5 years and it has never "thrown me off" or made me feel drowsy the next day.

Originally Posted by Bro1ex View Post
    Hey Hawaiihypnosis,

Yeah, I've been going through my daily reality checks. When I wake up I jot down all of my dreams. I had a dream the other day I was at a lucid dreaming seminar where Stephen LaBerge was speaking So thats a great sign.

I've got the Awoken App on my Samsung Note 4 that reminds me to do reality checks daily.

On a side note: here is a homemade light and sound brainwave with a pair of google cardboard goggles, an old Droid Razr and the Mindroid APP. When I get a better schedule I'm going to test this thing out after I jot down my dreams to drop back into a dreamy state. The thing cost less than $15.

Here is that video of me whipping the device together.

youtube dot com/watch?v=xC6mxYC55l8&

Thanks,
    Antonio

PuZo has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PuZo has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PuZo has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PuZo has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PuZo has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PuZo has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PuZo has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PuZo has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PuZo has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PuZo has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PuZo has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    You don't even need 1mg of Melatonin... in fact less would be better. it's not something like caffeine where the more you take the more effects you will receive.

Originally Posted by PuZo View Post
    You don't even need 1mg of Melatonin... in fact less would be better. it's not something like caffeine where the more you take the more effects you will receive.
    Thats what I figured. Read this online. This is why I cut my pills in half.

I'm curious if the melatonin will **** with the ZMA because of the calcium in the melatonin.

Should I space out when I take them?

Antonio

PuZo has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PuZo has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PuZo has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PuZo has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PuZo has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PuZo has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PuZo has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PuZo has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PuZo has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PuZo has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PuZo has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by hawaiihypnosis View Post
    Thats what I figured. Read this online. This is why I cut my pills in half.

I'm curious if the melatonin will **** with the ZMA because of the calcium in the melatonin.

Should I space out when I take them?

Antonio
    Nah, don't over think it.

I think it might take a few days for the melatonin to help switch my circadian rhythm around. For quite some time I'd only get about 4 or 5 hours of sleep. Started getting a full 6 hours of sleep recently. Then the past two days I've had about 7.5 hours of sleep.

I'm wondering if it'll take a little bit of time for the Melatonin to help adjust my REM stages.

Last night I had a trippy dream. I remember sitting at a table across from this couple. Cute redhead chick in her late 30's maybe early 40's was flirting with me.

A few minutes later her husband said he had a letter for me from his wife. But I had to answer a riddle to get the letter.

Like seriously? wtf dude. Just give me the damn letter

achillesbruh is a name known to all. (+5000) achillesbruh is a name known to all. (+5000) achillesbruh is a name known to all. (+5000) achillesbruh is a name known to all. (+5000) achillesbruh is a name known to all. (+5000) achillesbruh is a name known to all. (+5000) achillesbruh is a name known to all. (+5000) achillesbruh is a name known to all. (+5000) achillesbruh is a name known to all. (+5000) achillesbruh is a name known to all. (+5000) achillesbruh is a name known to all. (+5000)
    I recently starting taking these supplements to help stay asleep. I've been having trouble ever since I upped the volume of my training. Could be due to "overtraining" idk but after about 5 hours of sleep I would wake up without any way of going back to sleep before a few hours. Anyways it definitely helped with lucidity at first. My body was so ready for sleep anything I was thinking about while going to sleep would automatically be the starting point of my dream lol doesn't happen much anymore maybe because I don't try idk. As for helping me stay asleep the combo definitely does that' I get a full 8 hours and wake up feeling anabolic af from all the HGH I produced lol

mr.symmetry is on a distinguished road. (+10) mr.symmetry is on a distinguished road. (+10) mr.symmetry is on a distinguished road. (+10) mr.symmetry is on a distinguished road. (+10) mr.symmetry is on a distinguished road. (+10) mr.symmetry is on a distinguished road. (+10) mr.symmetry is on a distinguished road. (+10) mr.symmetry is on a distinguished road. (+10) mr.symmetry is on a distinguished road. (+10) mr.symmetry is on a distinguished road. (+10) mr.symmetry is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    One thing you may want to look into adding to your arsenal is L-Theanine. It is an amino acid that is found in green tea and it has a great anti-anxiety/calming effect that help me with deep sleep.
    TEAM Bodybuilding.com Athlete
    Axis Labs Athlete
    Aspiring IFBB MP Pro

kardoxo will become famous soon enough. (+50) kardoxo will become famous soon enough. (+50) kardoxo will become famous soon enough. (+50) kardoxo will become famous soon enough. (+50) kardoxo will become famous soon enough. (+50) kardoxo will become famous soon enough. (+50) kardoxo will become famous soon enough. (+50) kardoxo will become famous soon enough. (+50) kardoxo will become famous soon enough. (+50) kardoxo will become famous soon enough. (+50) kardoxo will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    1mg of melatonin is way too much.
    Myprotein's Official Bodybuilding.com Representative
    Europe's #1 Online Sports Nutrition Brand
    US Site: us.myprotein.com
    Rest of the world: myprotein.com

Fuel Your Ambition!