Page 61 of 67 FirstFirst ... 11 51 59 60 61 62 63 ... LastLast
Results 1,801 to 1,830 of 1996
    imagine the t up there plutoainaplanet's Avatar
    plutoainaplanet has a spectacular aura about. (+250) plutoainaplanet has a spectacular aura about. (+250) plutoainaplanet has a spectacular aura about. (+250) plutoainaplanet has a spectacular aura about. (+250) plutoainaplanet has a spectacular aura about. (+250) plutoainaplanet has a spectacular aura about. (+250) plutoainaplanet has a spectacular aura about. (+250) plutoainaplanet has a spectacular aura about. (+250) plutoainaplanet has a spectacular aura about. (+250) plutoainaplanet has a spectacular aura about. (+250) plutoainaplanet has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by Frank Drebin View Post
    Definitely don't have movements as often. I find myself taking softeners 1-2 times a week, especially before weigh in day. Fell off the wagon a bit this weekend and the craps were glorious.
    Originally Posted by Rich1143 View Post
    I would make sure you are at least getting your amount of recommended fiber from myfitnesspal or another phone app that tracks your nutrition. It's natural to poop less on a cut. Your body is processing less fuel and is trying to extract every last nutrient. 5-7 days is pretty long though. Take some Metamucil or Benefiber each day. I bet when you eat at maintenance you will be flowing fine again!
    Originally Posted by Maverick2015 View Post
    This is very common and I highly recommend fiber supplements on a cut. I would work up to 3 times a day to avoid gas issues. Constipation is less about frequency and more about the consistency. So a stool softener will work too. But I found (and many others that I have recommended it to) that fiber supplements work wonders. Make sure you get enough water. Fiber supplements also can give you a full feeling which is a bonus. I like psyllium husk (Metamucil e.g.) since it has both soluble and insoluble fiber.
    Thanks everyone - really glad I am not alone. I remember it being mentioned previously in this thread, but I thought I was getting a little extreme. This Friday I will be seeing the doc and will ask about fibre supplements / softeners etc.

Also good news is I broke the 80kg barrier (been 'plateauing' I feel) - so weighed in today at 79.8kg / 175.9lbs.

DSUP is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) DSUP is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) DSUP is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) DSUP is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) DSUP is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) DSUP is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) DSUP is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) DSUP is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) DSUP is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) DSUP is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) DSUP is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    I was at a party over the weekend and competed in an "ab-off"...

Attached Images
    "It doesn't matter what exercise you do, but man was made to move, to eat sparingly, to work hard and to screw as much as he can manage. Do all that, and you will look as good as your genes will let you, be content as the arseholes around you will allow, and maybe get a few screws. The particular virtues of weight training are in the discipline it brings to both mind and body, and, if you do it right, it will make you look good naked and do well what you got your clothes off to do." Georgeoz

MilkyQuaver has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MilkyQuaver has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MilkyQuaver has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MilkyQuaver has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MilkyQuaver has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MilkyQuaver has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MilkyQuaver has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MilkyQuaver has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MilkyQuaver has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MilkyQuaver has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MilkyQuaver has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Late weigh in but im down to 164lbs today not sure how that happened but ill take it, could well be dehydrated still from the weekend.

Starting to get serious now with the last few weeks of this thread. Would like to drop 1 lb a week from now on.

No more alcohol for the rest of this month, getting back out walking aiming for 5 miles every morning before work.
    Start of my diet 03/06/2014 - 189.5lbs 25-30% BF

MilkyQuaver has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MilkyQuaver has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MilkyQuaver has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MilkyQuaver has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MilkyQuaver has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MilkyQuaver has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MilkyQuaver has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MilkyQuaver has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MilkyQuaver has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MilkyQuaver has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MilkyQuaver has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by Maverick2015 View Post
    I agree that your upper body looks better even with a higher BF%. Great job! I pine for the day that I can use a shirtless picture for my avatar.
    Thanks!

You will get there just got to keep on going, look how far you have already come.

On a plus side of all the weight gain my lifts are starting to come along. Set a PB for DL 1 x RPM 165kgs which is around 364 lbs not bad for my weight!

phil917 will become famous soon enough. (+50) phil917 will become famous soon enough. (+50) phil917 will become famous soon enough. (+50) phil917 will become famous soon enough. (+50) phil917 will become famous soon enough. (+50) phil917 will become famous soon enough. (+50) phil917 will become famous soon enough. (+50) phil917 will become famous soon enough. (+50) phil917 will become famous soon enough. (+50) phil917 will become famous soon enough. (+50) phil917 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Weighed in at 228.0 this morning, 1.8 lbs down from yesterday. I still feel really sore/bloated so I'm still considering my Monday weigh in attributable to water weight.

Hopefully as the week progresses I'll weigh in closer and closer to where I was last week and then eventually below it.
    Feb 02: 268.0 lbs

December/January Fat Loss Thread:
    Dec 2: 222.2 lbs
    Dec 9: 221.0 lbs
    Dec 16: 219.6 lbs

Goal Weight: 199.9 lbs

JohnCyr is a jewel in the rough. (+500) JohnCyr is a jewel in the rough. (+500) JohnCyr is a jewel in the rough. (+500) JohnCyr is a jewel in the rough. (+500) JohnCyr is a jewel in the rough. (+500) JohnCyr is a jewel in the rough. (+500) JohnCyr is a jewel in the rough. (+500) JohnCyr is a jewel in the rough. (+500) JohnCyr is a jewel in the rough. (+500) JohnCyr is a jewel in the rough. (+500) JohnCyr is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    weighed in at 174.2 this morning! Bodyfat percentage went down from 12.56% to 11.8% this week. Pretty stoked!!

Diet this week was good. Less than 50g carbs a day... lots of protein and fats..mainly paleo. Loving the new workouts.. been working hard on lats especially.

Had one little cheat this weekend, shared a slice of key lime pie with my fiancée! didn't gain weight or anything but supposed to avoid carbs. anyways.. still paying off!

heres a Front Lat spread shot lately it seems im packing on muscle and leaning out, which was our goal with this new plan! Im happy!

Last edited by JohnCyr; 05-05-2015 at 09:46 AM. Reason: BF% Added
    Transformation Thread: https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=177716261&p=1591136601#post1591136601

2019-07-16 - 291 pounds
    2020-04-29 - 173 pounds

Rich1143 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Rich1143 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Rich1143 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Rich1143 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Rich1143 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Rich1143 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Rich1143 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Rich1143 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Rich1143 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Rich1143 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Rich1143 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by plutoainaplanet View Post
    Thanks everyone - really glad I am not alone. I remember it being mentioned previously in this thread, but I thought I was getting a little extreme. This Friday I will be seeing the doc and will ask about fibre supplements / softeners etc.

Also good news is I broke the 80kg barrier (been 'plateauing' I feel) - so weighed in today at 79.8kg / 175.9lbs.
    Let us know what your doctor says. I am curious as to what his professional opinion is about this. Getting constipated and then getting a hemorrhoid because of that really set me back on my cut. I was getting real nervous on restricting my calories significantly. I have been eating at maintenance pretty much since I healed up, and I want to start cutting a gain soon.
    Dec 1 2014: 188.5 lbs
    Jan 05 2015: 178.5 lbs
    Feb 2 2015: 170 lbs
    June 22 2015: 167.5 lbs

plutoainaplanet has a spectacular aura about. (+250) plutoainaplanet has a spectacular aura about. (+250) plutoainaplanet has a spectacular aura about. (+250) plutoainaplanet has a spectacular aura about. (+250) plutoainaplanet has a spectacular aura about. (+250) plutoainaplanet has a spectacular aura about. (+250) plutoainaplanet has a spectacular aura about. (+250) plutoainaplanet has a spectacular aura about. (+250) plutoainaplanet has a spectacular aura about. (+250) plutoainaplanet has a spectacular aura about. (+250) plutoainaplanet has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Let us know what your doctor says. I am curious as to what his professional opinion is about this. Getting constipated and then getting a hemorrhoid because of that really set me back on my cut. I was getting real nervous on restricting my calories significantly. I have been eating at maintenance pretty much since I healed up, and I want to start cutting a gain soon.
    Sure will do. Its not so much constipation .. just I do not have any urge to go to the loo for #2. Also when I do take a dump (5-7 days apart) it is usually very little and not rock hard or anything.

Will keep you guys posted

caprica6 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) caprica6 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) caprica6 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) caprica6 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) caprica6 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) caprica6 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) caprica6 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) caprica6 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) caprica6 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) caprica6 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) caprica6 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    ^my morning coffee is my miracle drug.

my upper body atrophy (hypotrophy?) training did the trick. i can wear the blouse which was tailored to fit me a few years ago. now i just need to hold on, maintain or possibly even lean out a smidge between now and this weekend. i fly to CA and i'll be a guest in other people's homes starting tomorrow, however, so that'll be tricky. i'll be dealing with bloating due to travel and high temps as well.

Originally Posted by DSUP View Post
    Eating is my second favorite thing to do so, yes. But seriously, I don't have the patience for calorie and macro tracking so the shotgun approach is what works for me. I would probably do better with a more disciplined method but doing it this way is much better than not doing it at all. I've got four days down on my 30 days of cardio program. 26 to go...
    re. calorie counting, i'm in the same camp. i'm trying to track my food again, tho. not sure how long this will last. i've already skipped a few days. does your wife work out with you every now and then? i vaguely recall that she's not into gymming, but i could be mixing you up with someone else.

good luck!
    start where you are

JohnCyr is a jewel in the rough. (+500) JohnCyr is a jewel in the rough. (+500) JohnCyr is a jewel in the rough. (+500) JohnCyr is a jewel in the rough. (+500) JohnCyr is a jewel in the rough. (+500) JohnCyr is a jewel in the rough. (+500) JohnCyr is a jewel in the rough. (+500) JohnCyr is a jewel in the rough. (+500) JohnCyr is a jewel in the rough. (+500) JohnCyr is a jewel in the rough. (+500) JohnCyr is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    ^^ Since ive been cutting at high fat, high protein and low carb, I poop once in the morning, after coffee, and its usually not quite much. if im lucky and have another coffee later in the day and some flax seeds in my yogurt, ill go again at night but yeah, rarely. Weird
    Transformation Thread: https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=177716261&p=1591136601#post1591136601

2019-07-16 - 291 pounds
    2020-04-29 - 173 pounds

caprica6 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) caprica6 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) caprica6 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) caprica6 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) caprica6 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) caprica6 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) caprica6 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) caprica6 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) caprica6 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) caprica6 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) caprica6 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by JohnCyr View Post
    ^^ Since ive been cutting at high fat, high protein and low carb, I poop once in the morning, after coffee, and its usually not quite much. if im lucky and have another coffee later in the day and some flax seeds in my yogurt, ill go again at night but yeah, rarely. Weird
    i used to think other ppl's diets were a mess - too much meat and not enough veggies, and that's why they were having problems, but when i thought about it some more, i realized i have issues when i stay in hotels and have to check out before getting my morning coffee.
    start where you are

DSUP is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) DSUP is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) DSUP is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) DSUP is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) DSUP is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) DSUP is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) DSUP is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) DSUP is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) DSUP is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) DSUP is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) DSUP is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by caprica6 View Post
    Does your wife work out with you every now and then? i vaguely recall that she's not into gymming, but i could be mixing you up with someone else.

good luck!
    You remember correctly. My new lifestyle (since 2008) has rubbed off on her though. Right now, she actually has been training regularly with plans, strategies, and goals that include both diet and exercise. I abhor the "lifestyle" cliche but that's really what it's all about. In the past, when I would go with her to medical appointments and the intake nurse asked her if she exercised regularly, I would look at her and she would have to say "no." The last time, however, she said, "yes" and I couldn't refute it.

In other news, I'm happy to report that my new "30 days of cardio" program seems to be working (I've now completed day six). My weight seems to be dropping and I'm hopeful that I'll be able to report a loss on Monday. Also, I trained this morning and it went well. I pushed myself a little and will be basking in that glory all day even though I'll probably be in pain tomorrow.

Keep pushing everyone. There's only three Mondays left in this month.
    "It doesn't matter what exercise you do, but man was made to move, to eat sparingly, to work hard and to screw as much as he can manage. Do all that, and you will look as good as your genes will let you, be content as the arseholes around you will allow, and maybe get a few screws. The particular virtues of weight training are in the discipline it brings to both mind and body, and, if you do it right, it will make you look good naked and do well what you got your clothes off to do." Georgeoz

Progress not perfection PunkyCindy's Avatar
    PunkyCindy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) PunkyCindy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) PunkyCindy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) PunkyCindy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) PunkyCindy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) PunkyCindy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) PunkyCindy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) PunkyCindy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) PunkyCindy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) PunkyCindy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) PunkyCindy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    I've been holding a crazy amount of waterweight. I went up to 219 and I'm down to 206 today. It's crazy how much my weight fluctuates, but I'm keeping at it. Most of the time I'm low carb, I have some days where it's higher, but I'm staying mindful. I'm making better choices. Right now I'm having a lot of problems that are partially due to my weight. My feet hurt due to the plantar fascitis that is lingering and my back pain makes it hard to get enough rest. The back problems started with the wreck a couple years back, but the weight issue makes it worse. If I had gotten the weight off a couple years back and kept it off I wouldn't be where I'm at now. I only share this so that maybe it helps someone else stick with this as a lifestyle. I can't change the past, but I'm well aware of the effects of obesity and I'm dealing with my poor choices right now. I hope everyone doing this finds their reasons before the extra weight reeks havoc on your body.
    Hi, I'm Crystal :)
    Fat Loss Log - https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=180898713&p=1652556253#post1652556253
    11/18/2022 - Starting to fight again. - 275 lbs (highest was 279 lbs)

PunkyCindy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) PunkyCindy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) PunkyCindy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) PunkyCindy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) PunkyCindy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) PunkyCindy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) PunkyCindy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) PunkyCindy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) PunkyCindy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) PunkyCindy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) PunkyCindy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by caprica6 View Post
    Hey, everyone. I've been tracking since Sunday using the w8watchers system. I found my lifetime card and some blank paper trackers, and that inspired me to go in and pick up their latest welcome packet. It's been years since I last tracked religiously. Hopefully I'll keep this up for a little while.

Keep up the great work, all!

...tomorrow is Free Comic Book Day

can't see the pic right now but I'll check again later, John!
    Good luck with the tracking. I seem to do best when tracking short term, but I don't seem to be able sustain it long term.I'm trying to eye it for now. And also, you look great as always

I haven't been participating in this thread very much but I have been cutting and following along so I'm checking in now that we're in the last month.

I'm on team bulking-is-easy/cutting-is hell and this cut has been going slowly. I had some carbs last Saturday and gained five pounds that took a week to get rid of.

I started a new program for this final month that I'm calling "Thirty Days of Cardio." My plan is to do cardio every day for a month. In the past, I've cut without cardio (just to see if it was possible) and it's effective but requires some pretty severe calorie restriction. I'm hoping that the cardio will let me keep cutting without the need to keep dialing down my calorie consumption. I'm also planning another re-feed in the middle of the month but I'm going to play it by ear.

I ended April three pounds heavier than I wanted to so I have some catching up to do this month. In any event, this is the month when I start to reap the rewards of the work that I did for the last two months. My waist is smaller. I'm getting vascular. My Adonis belt is coming back. All of that is only going to be better by the end of the month.

I can't wait to post an "after" picture!
    Good to see you're at it like clockwork. I'm sure the cardio will be better than lower cals, especially toward the end. Nice to see ya around.
    Fat Loss Log - https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=180898713&p=1652556253#post1652556253

phil917 will become famous soon enough. (+50) phil917 will become famous soon enough. (+50) phil917 will become famous soon enough. (+50) phil917 will become famous soon enough. (+50) phil917 will become famous soon enough. (+50) phil917 will become famous soon enough. (+50) phil917 will become famous soon enough. (+50) phil917 will become famous soon enough. (+50) phil917 will become famous soon enough. (+50) phil917 will become famous soon enough. (+50) phil917 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by PunkyCindy View Post
    I've been holding a crazy amount of waterweight. I went up to 219 and I'm down to 206 today. It's crazy how much my weight fluctuates, but I'm keeping at it. Most of the time I'm low carb, I have some days where it's higher, but I'm staying mindful. I'm making better choices. Right now I'm having a lot of problems that are partially due to my weight. My feet hurt due to the plantar fascitis that is lingering and my back pain makes it hard to get enough rest. The back problems started with the wreck a couple years back, but the weight issue makes it worse. If I had gotten the weight off a couple years back and kept it off I wouldn't be where I'm at now. I only share this so that maybe it helps someone else stick with this as a lifestyle. I can't change the past, but I'm well aware of the effects of obesity and I'm dealing with my poor choices right now. I hope everyone doing this finds their reasons before the extra weight reeks havoc on your body.
    I think I'm the same boat as you water weight wise. I've been hitting my calorie goals and exercising like crazy but I've this past 2 weeks my weight has been all over the place and it's starting to get super frustrating. But oh well, only thing to do is keep chugging along.

Hope you are all doing well. Not long left on this challenge now really going to push through this weekend with a good clean diet and nice deficit, plenty of walking as well want to get a drop for next monday so i can push on from there!

DSUP looks awesome! cant wait to see a before and after pic from your bulk/cut...

iam8bit is on a distinguished road. (+10) iam8bit is on a distinguished road. (+10) iam8bit is on a distinguished road. (+10) iam8bit is on a distinguished road. (+10) iam8bit is on a distinguished road. (+10) iam8bit is on a distinguished road. (+10) iam8bit is on a distinguished road. (+10) iam8bit is on a distinguished road. (+10) iam8bit is on a distinguished road. (+10) iam8bit is on a distinguished road. (+10) iam8bit is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Hope everyone is doing good!

I've been aiming for a "perfect week", by not missing a single workout and no slip-ups on my diet, as I had been very relaxed about eating in the last few weeks and I kinda stalled. So far, so good. I think I've even noticed some improvements in my body after these last few days.

Dinner is by far my biggest challenge, I never get as hungry during the day as I do right after work, when I get home. That's why I sometimes end up screwing up my deficit.

Does this happen to anyone else?

pippen336 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) pippen336 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) pippen336 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) pippen336 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) pippen336 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) pippen336 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) pippen336 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) pippen336 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) pippen336 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) pippen336 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) pippen336 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by iam8bit View Post
    Dinner is by far my biggest challenge, I never get as hungry during the day as I do right after work, when I get home. That's why I sometimes end up screwing up my deficit.

I've been getting this really badly ever since I started eating breakfast. Its like once I remind myself food exists, I remember to be hungry. I felt much better these last 2 days just going back to skipping it. I never ate breakfast since I was like 6 so I suppose my body is just used to it.

Also, I realized today I am both the leanest I have ever been in my adult life, and very close to the strongest. Im still probably 18-20 % bodyfat, so I have a long ways to go, but its good to appreciate the progress

Originally Posted by iam8bit View Post
    Hope everyone is doing good!

I've been aiming for a "perfect week", by not missing a single workout and no slip-ups on my diet, as I had been very relaxed about eating in the last few weeks and I kinda stalled. So far, so good. I think I've even noticed some improvements in my body after these last few days.

I feel you, broseph. Over the years, I've found that the most comfortable eating schedule for me is a good breakfast that is consistently the same thing day after day and then fasting until dinner (yeah, yeah, basically skipping lunch). Dinner is meat and vegetables. I'm really sensitive to carbs so I don't do bread, pasta, rice, or potatoes.

There are a couple of tricks to this diet:

First, breakfast stays consistent which doesn't mean that it can't change but it does mean that any changes become the new normal. That way, I can add or eliminate an element or quantity and see how that effects the rate of loss or gain over the course of several weeks. Some might find eating the same thing every day boring or monotonous but it enables me to count the number of calories in a breakfast once and avoid the tedium of logging.

Next, the fast between breakfast and dinner is real: no snacking. I love to eat and the way I got fat in the first place was my inability to stop once I get started. In my experience, one snack just leads to another but I can go for long stretches without eating anything so I play to my strengths.

Then, having saved most of my daily calorie allowance until dinner lets me eat well in the evening (1) when I'm most inclined to eat big which (2) makes it easier to resist snacking right up until bedtime and (3) means that I don't have to try to fall asleep on an "empty stomach."

Finally, I top all of that off with a bedtime snack of some dark chocolate.

I'm just like you and the urge to eat kicks in strong right about six o'clock. This is one of the toughest parts to deal with and it is where a calorie deficit can be won or lost (that and the weekends). The best strategy that I've been able to develop to deal with it is to have plenty of zero to very low calorie snacks on hand to get me through until dinner. When I start my Spring Cut every year on March 1st, I stock up with lettuce, cucumbers, celery, cabbage, pickles, sauerkraut, vinegar, pickled jalapenos - anything that I can eat massive quantities of without fear of doing any damage to the deficit that I've set up for the day. I know that I'm going to want to graze indiscriminately during those twilight hours so, rather than trying to resist that urge, I make sure that I have alternatives that won't do any damage but will get me through. Yeah, I still open the refrigerator to see what I can pull out to eat but instead of making a sandwich (something which has become unthinkable - two slices of bread @ 120 cals each, eight slices of lunch meat for 150-300 cals, with some "light" sandwich spread at 60 cals per tablespoon) that could end up being a 400 calorie pre-dinner "snack," I chop up some cabbage and put it in a bowl with some vinegar, salt and pepper and go back for seconds if want knowing that I might as well be eating air. Lettuce or a cucumber and vinegar work just as well. If I don't want to commit to dishes and utensils, I just grab a pickle or one of those jalapenos for a burst of flavor.

Once I've made it to dinner with 1000 calories (more or less) in reserve for the day, I can eat well without worrying about an exact calorie count. If the scale tells me that I need to make adjustments, I usually just need to make my portions a little smaller (i.e., learn to be satisfied with smaller portions).

Doing it that way, I usually don't need to micro manage my calorie intake. Because I'm consistent, I can make fine adjustments in my daily habits to produce the results that I'm chasing. Of course, I don't compete and, if I did, that would undoubtedly require a more precise approach.

The main obstacle to cutting is hunger and I like to say that, to be successful, you have to accept hunger into your life like it was the Lord Jesus Christ.

shaneinga has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) shaneinga has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) shaneinga has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) shaneinga has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) shaneinga has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) shaneinga has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) shaneinga has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) shaneinga has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) shaneinga has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) shaneinga has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) shaneinga has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I woke up late for work this morning. I ran out of the house and skipped my morning weigh in ritual. Out of curiosity I jumped on the scale on my way into the shower tonight. 225 on the nose. Goal for this challenge has been achieved. My total goal weight is 208, so I still have a ways to go. The 225 night time weigh in should make for a nice morning weigh in.

Going to see where I land at the end of the challenge, I still have a bday BBQ and Mother's Day brunch, dinners etc to get through, but I was surprised to see that number tonight.

Good luck everyone, hopefully you are all on track and going to hit your goals as well.

I saw the doc and he said every 3-4 days is ideal, and anything more infrequent is generally not good. He recommended I take Dulcolax (laxative / stool softner) for 2 days, and to start taking Metamucil daily (fibre supplement) for the next 2 weeks or so and then to reassess.

Earlbolus will become famous soon enough. (+50) Earlbolus will become famous soon enough. (+50) Earlbolus will become famous soon enough. (+50) Earlbolus will become famous soon enough. (+50) Earlbolus will become famous soon enough. (+50) Earlbolus will become famous soon enough. (+50) Earlbolus will become famous soon enough. (+50) Earlbolus will become famous soon enough. (+50) Earlbolus will become famous soon enough. (+50) Earlbolus will become famous soon enough. (+50) Earlbolus will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Hi guys, I have been away for two weeks I think. Weight stayed the same in this period (205.0, 205.0 and today 204.6 lbs). It really looks I am going to end another thread around the same weight started. I think this is the 4th thread now ending around 200 lbs. Sometimes a bit below, sometimes a bit above. I have grown way to comfortable with this weight the last year. I am happy with what I have achieved from going from 240 to 200 but maybe I'm just too happy with it. There is so much more to achieve but I have to find the inner motivation. I have been real close to the 180's in November so I know it's possible. Just have to work harder, even if it will take me another year to break this plateau I just have to though it out and keep on going. But, there is good news, because my belt is as tight at 200 now as it was at 192 so I probably have been recomping.

Lean mean cutting machine BaseJumper's Avatar
    BaseJumper has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BaseJumper has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BaseJumper has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BaseJumper has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BaseJumper has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BaseJumper has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BaseJumper has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BaseJumper has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BaseJumper has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BaseJumper has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BaseJumper has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Still on the run.
    Still on the plateaus. Calories ate as low as 1650/day.
    Really need to see ANY drop on the scale.
    My whey or the highway!

October 08th 2017

I feel you, broseph. Over the years, I've found that the most comfortable eating schedule for me is a good breakfast that is consistently the same thing day after day and then fasting until dinner (yeah, yeah, basically skipping lunch). Dinner is meat and vegetables. I'm really sensitive to carbs so I don't do bread, pasta, rice, or potatoes.

There are a couple of tricks to this diet:

First, breakfast stays consistent which doesn't mean that it can't change but it does mean that any changes become the new normal. That way, I can add or eliminate an element or quantity and see how that effects the rate of loss or gain over the course of several weeks. Some might find eating the same thing every day boring or monotonous but it enables me to count the number of calories in a breakfast once and avoid the tedium of logging.

Next, the fast between breakfast and dinner is real: no snacking. I love to eat and the way I got fat in the first place was my inability to stop once I get started. In my experience, one snack just leads to another but I can go for long stretches without eating anything so I play to my strengths.

Then, having saved most of my daily calorie allowance until dinner lets me eat well in the evening (1) when I'm most inclined to eat big which (2) makes it easier to resist snacking right up until bedtime and (3) means that I don't have to try to fall asleep on an "empty stomach."

Finally, I top all of that off with a bedtime snack of some dark chocolate
    A couple questions for you.... I know you've been doing things this way for forever and it works well for you, but when you first started eating this way did you ease into only eating 2 meals a day or go straight to it? Do your energy levels and mood fluctuate or dip throughout the day?

chillfctor has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Been lurking in this thread since it started for some motivation as I lost weight. Went from 246-209 (weighed in yesterday) and I'm currently on a 3-4 day eating what I want thing before I get back to it. Just wanted to let those that came into this thread and supported people that you're doing a great thing. This is probably like the 3rd time since college I've lost weight, but it's also the lightest I've ever gotten as my motivations are hugely different now and my understanding about the journey is there. For those that want to know:

I was on a high protein high fat low carb diet for most of the time with about 3 cheat meals to help readjust my body so I could lose weight. It was more of a IIFYM type diet that I revolved around Paleo/Keto dieting. I tried to keep carbs at about 150ish or below the whole time. I had a 3 week plateau at the end of March into April that kept me at 217-220ish and it sucked, but this thread kept me focused. I primarily did Cardio and some weight lifting because that's what I wanted to do. I wasn't really worried about the muscle loss and I'll begin working on that here in phase 2. Don't get me wrong though I am a lot weaker now than I was when I started and it sort of sucks.

Good luck to everyone.

Had a mini whoosh, down to 228.0 this morning and I'm still pretty sore. Gonna aim to hit my calorie goals dead on this weekend and be below my weigh in from 2 weeks ago come this Monday.

Also there's less than 3 weeks left so I'm using that as motivation to go hard for th remainder of this challenge.

Rich1143 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Rich1143 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Rich1143 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Rich1143 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Rich1143 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Rich1143 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Rich1143 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Rich1143 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Rich1143 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Rich1143 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Rich1143 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    A couple questions for you.... I know you've been doing things this way for forever and it works well for you, but when you first started eating this way did you ease into only eating 2 meals a day or go straight to it? Do your energy levels and mood fluctuate or dip throughout the day?

I have only done convention intermittent fasting. Either 8/16, 4/20 and occasionally a 24 hour fast. You do need to ease into. Start with a 12/12 then a 10/14 etc., then work your way up. It kind of stinks at first but mood actually can be better during fasting. Just takes some patience and a little discipline.

Originally Posted by plutoainaplanet View Post
    I saw the doc and he said every 3-4 days is ideal, and anything more infrequent is generally not good. He recommended I take Dulcolax (laxative / stool softner) for 2 days, and to start taking Metamucil daily (fibre supplement) for the next 2 weeks or so and then to reassess.
    Good to know. Thanks for the update!

I've never been a three meal a day guy. When I was fat, I often didn't eat anything all day until dinner but then I wouldn't stop until I fell asleep. Right before my "transformation" (I hate cliches), I had fallen into the habit of keeping a "family size" bag of potato chips next to my bed and munching on them while watching television until I fell asleep. If you can imagine, that was a lot of fun but the results were horrible. It's weird to think that a guy could manage to get fat and stay fat without eating breakfast and skipping lunch.

When I put the brakes on in 2008, I surrendered my life to Nutrisystem and followed their plan to the letter which had me eating a total of 1500 calories a day over six "meals" (well, three meals and two snacks). I did it and it worked but it sucked because I was constantly hungry, even immediately after I finished a "meal." I remember lying in bed, hungry as F, thinking that if I could just fall asleep, when I woke up, I could have a few calories for breakfast and that all I had to do is make it through the night.

I dropped 45 lbs that way before I even darkened the doorway of the gym. When I finally did, I dressed out, went to the gym, walked on the treadmill for 20 minutes, and went home. Then, I just kept going back and did a little more, a little longer, a little harder, a little different, every time. My routine, whether diet or exercise, changes constantly but very slowly and deliberately.

Developing habits is what works for me and, coincidentally, the consistency that doing things habitually produces works well in bodybuilding. Cutting for Summer is now as easy as recognizing that a consistent calorie deficit over a long stretch of time will result in fat loss and adopting the habits that get me there (e.g., "Thirty Days of Cardio").

Because nutrition has the greatest impact on our body composition, a strong digestive system is essential for success in bodybuilding. People around here always write about the need to "eat big to get big" and if you just can't "stomach" that much food, it will be hard to put on "mass." Conversely, if you get weak and dizzy if you go without eating for too long, it would be difficult to use an IF meal plan. I've been blessed with a strong digestive system and can eat anything or nothing without trouble. I once fasted for seven days to drop weight for an insurance physical and buffets are always a bargain for me. I do get hangry sometimes though and it's amazing how quickly eating something will fix that.

Day 8 of 30 in the can!

Just had whoosh part 2, 224.2 this morning! I hit my weight loss goal for this challenge! Onto to 220