Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast
    RThoe has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) RThoe has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) RThoe has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) RThoe has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) RThoe has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) RThoe has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) RThoe has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) RThoe has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) RThoe has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) RThoe has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) RThoe has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by FailedPotential View Post
    Based on the footage shown, the hero or his co-workers could have been shot.

In this case I would say it was more likely that an innocent dies during this robbery, because he pulled the gun and things happened the way they did.

I'm not saying he shouldn't have shot the robber, but from a statistical point of view, I would assume it's far more probable that someone could have died during this robbery because he pulled a gun, rather than if he had just submitted to the robbers orders.
    Are you willing to bet your life on a "statistical point of view"? I am not.

Originally Posted by Chesso95 View Post
    we're assuming the statistically most probable outcome will happen, which also happens to be the best one.
    Why do you repeatedly ignore my posts?
    Misc Firearms Crew
    11B Crew
    Beat LA
    MAGA

Registered User FailedPotential's Avatar
    FailedPotential has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) FailedPotential has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) FailedPotential has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) FailedPotential has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) FailedPotential has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) FailedPotential has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) FailedPotential has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) FailedPotential has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) FailedPotential has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) FailedPotential has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) FailedPotential has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by Jlister View Post
    so when you're getting robbed with a loaded gun pointed at your face you assume the best possible outcome will happen?

Really?
    No, in that time frame without prior thinking about what I would do in that situation, I wouldn't have time to work out the statistics and come to to best course of action.

This is a thread discussing, with plenty of time, to come to that conclusion and discuss what the best course of action would have been for all innocents to walk away unharmed. That's what i'm doing.

Trillical has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Trillical has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Trillical has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Trillical has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Trillical has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Trillical has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Trillical has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Trillical has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Trillical has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Trillical has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Trillical has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Wow that's what I'm talking bout. America for you where the citizens are strapped and can protect themselves.

That Pharmacist was aware the minute that bandit came in. Dude had his chit cocked back before the robber even pulled his chit out.

FailedPotential has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) FailedPotential has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) FailedPotential has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) FailedPotential has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) FailedPotential has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) FailedPotential has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) FailedPotential has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) FailedPotential has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) FailedPotential has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) FailedPotential has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) FailedPotential has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by RThoe View Post

So think of it like this.

All numbers I say are made up, but let's assume they are true -

There is a 40% chance you die because you pull a gun.

There is a 5% chance you die because you submitted to the robbers orders.

Clearly in this case, your best chance for survival is to submit to the robbers orders.

I'm not saying you should submit to his orders, but your best chance of surviving may be to do so.

Chesso95 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Chesso95 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Chesso95 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Chesso95 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Chesso95 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Chesso95 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Chesso95 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Chesso95 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Chesso95 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Chesso95 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Chesso95 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank)

Why do you repeatedly ignore my posts?
    sorry you posted a wall of text regarding some random story, so i didn't read a word of it srs

make your argument clear instead of filling the thread with bullcht, please.

"Are you willing to bet your life on a "statistical point of view"? I am not."

what does this even mean? am i willing to act in a way which will statistically give me a higher chance of surviving the encounter? yes, why wouldn't i?

I have a feeling you're severly misinterpreting something here, because i refuse to believe it's possible to be this stupid. And that isn't mean as an insult either.

WillBrink has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) WillBrink has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) WillBrink has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) WillBrink has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) WillBrink has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) WillBrink has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) WillBrink has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) WillBrink has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) WillBrink has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) WillBrink has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) WillBrink has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Originally Posted by JPF82 View Post
    Spoken like someone who's never had a loaded gun pointed in their face.

Well done.

Guess what I would do if you pointed a loaded gun in my face stepping into my business I own? You gonna get pumped full of lead son. You try to take whats mine with force, you will get force back.
    I read his comment as sarcasm/humor. No one is that stupid. At least I hope...
    BrinkZone, Where Bro-Science Got Rabies and Died!

www.BrinkZone.com

Check out my BrinkZone mini site on BB.com at:

www.bodybuilding.com/fun/willbrink.htm

=> President and Founder of Shaved head with goatee Crew
    => Science over bro science Crew

You fibro'd my algia! TommyTuffGuy's Avatar
    TommyTuffGuy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TommyTuffGuy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TommyTuffGuy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TommyTuffGuy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TommyTuffGuy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TommyTuffGuy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TommyTuffGuy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TommyTuffGuy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TommyTuffGuy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TommyTuffGuy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TommyTuffGuy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    I love seeing topics like this and once they hit more than 4 pages you know there's people defending robber jagoffs who got bucked.

It's the ultimate troll job, if you think about it. Trying to reason out playing complacent hedging bets he won't kill you all.

Reminds me of people who cower during mass shootings and don't realize you have to take out the gunman or die.
    ï‘‘ God of POF Crewï‘‘
    Butt Officer...I fed her to the chainsaw and HE ate her!!

Current Stack:
    Sparta Nutrition Kraken
    Animal Whey
    Horny Goat Weed Bulk Powder
    CEL M-Test
    Swanson Olive Leaf Extract (look onto this)
    Probiotics

RThoe has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) RThoe has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) RThoe has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) RThoe has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) RThoe has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) RThoe has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) RThoe has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) RThoe has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) RThoe has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) RThoe has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) RThoe has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    So think of it like this.

All numbers I say are made up, but let's assume they are true -

There is a 40% chance you die because you pull a gun.

There is a 5% chance you die because you submitted to the robbers orders.

Clearly in this case, your best chance for survival is to submit to the robbers orders.

I'm not saying you should submit to his orders, but your best chance of surviving may be to do so.
    Lol what? You're going to admittedly make up numbers and then try to support your argument with them?

You must be trolling.

sorry you posted a wall of text regarding some random story, so i didn't read a word of it srs

make your argument clear instead of filling the thread with bullcht, please.

"Are you willing to bet your life on a "statistical point of view"? I am not."

what does this even mean? am i willing to act in a way which will statistically give me a higher chance of surviving the encounter? yes, why wouldn't i?

I have a feeling you're severly misinterpreting something here, because i refuse to believe it's possible to be this stupid. And that isn't mean as an insult either.
    Ok. Negged.
    Misc Firearms Crew
    11B Crew
    Beat LA
    MAGA

Benny_Lava has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Benny_Lava has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Benny_Lava has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Benny_Lava has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Benny_Lava has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Benny_Lava has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Benny_Lava has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Benny_Lava has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Benny_Lava has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Benny_Lava has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Benny_Lava has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    lmao.

Originally Posted by TommyTuffGuy View Post
    I love seeing topics like this and once they hit more than 4 pages you know there's people defending robber jagoffs who got bucked.

It's the ultimate troll job, if you think about it. Trying to reason out playing complacent hedging bets he won't kill you all.

Reminds me of people who cower during mass shootings and don't realize you have to take out the gunman or die.
    because tommytuffguy is that one guy that would take a mass shooter out, that unfortunately just didn't happen to be on the scene at any of the other mass shootings.

you have no idea how terrifying a situation like this would be... brb just doing my daily chit, just sent a text to my GF what im making for dinner, thinking bout the next episode of game of thrones....

BRB DUDE BURSTS IN AND IS TRYING TO KILL ME AND EVERYONE ELSE

*tommytuffguy thinking calm collected. appproaches gunman, applies sleeper hold, disassembles gun and calls the police*

damn man, I should rep you cause you're awesome. tommytuffguy
    My loony bun is fine

LiveFitorDie is just really nice. (+1000) LiveFitorDie is just really nice. (+1000) LiveFitorDie is just really nice. (+1000) LiveFitorDie is just really nice. (+1000) LiveFitorDie is just really nice. (+1000) LiveFitorDie is just really nice. (+1000) LiveFitorDie is just really nice. (+1000) LiveFitorDie is just really nice. (+1000) LiveFitorDie is just really nice. (+1000) LiveFitorDie is just really nice. (+1000) LiveFitorDie is just really nice. (+1000)
    Lets look at this situation under a different light...

Say No one pulled a gun.....>The robber made off with 1000 Oxycotins as stated previosly in this thread...

at 30 bucks a pill....Sometimes with people popping 8 + pills a day....

When the money runs out...where do they go to get that money....>Robberies...burglaries.....more people placed at risk for injury / loss of property.....

When it comes to drugs....Most violent crimes come down to drugs or money for said drugs..... and when you cant afford OXY's anymore, you move to HEROIN....and the cycle continues

your life is ruined cause it I assume is dam hard to get clean from that ****......

So lets play the "let the robber have the goods"

How many lives are ruined cause ONE idiot decides to take a EASY road in life............. HOW many lives / personal property did the Pharmacist save by taking the trash out

Good riddance.

jason_bh has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jason_bh has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jason_bh has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jason_bh has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jason_bh has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jason_bh has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jason_bh has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jason_bh has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jason_bh has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jason_bh has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jason_bh has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Bottom line is that I am going to ignore Chester's advice and hope that a robber only intends to take my money and not harm me. I will instead take my chances and protect myself with my weapon that I carry.

Let the guys on the Internet argue about my actions later.

Chesso95 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Chesso95 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Chesso95 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Chesso95 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Chesso95 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Chesso95 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Chesso95 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Chesso95 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Chesso95 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Chesso95 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Chesso95 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank)
    Lol what? You're going to admittedly make up numbers and then try to support your argument with them?

You must be trolling.

Ok. Negged.
    Basically you believe such a large amount of robberies, where the victim complies, end in murder, therefore the wisest decision is to engage in a firefight. You believe this.

Finding stats on something so specific probably isn't possible.

Anyhow, i'd like to say I respect your opinion, but I can't. It's completely outrageous.

Before I leave, just out of curiosity, 1. How many robberies, where the victim complies do YOU think end in a murder?
    2. In a firefight like the one in the video, how often would you say the robber successfully resturns fire on the clerk?

Just give a rough estimate
    Last edited by Chesso95; 02-20-2015 at 12:46 PM.

You must be trolling.
    It doesn't matter if the numbers are fact or fictional for the argument to make sense.

You said, "Are you willing to bet your life on a "statistical point of view"? I am not."

The point is, IF your goal is to survive this situation unharmed, and you want the highest possible chance to survive. Then submitting to the robbers orders might be the best course of action, it just might give you a higher chance of survival.

You asked if I was willing to bet my life on a "statistical point of view".

My answer is -
    If I am in a situation, and I knew that "Plan A" had a higher survival chance than "Plan B", and IF my goal was to survive, then yes, I would take Plan A.

In simple, if I have a 5% chance to survive or a 10% chance to survive, i'm picking 10%.

curlyson will become famous soon enough. (+50) curlyson will become famous soon enough. (+50) curlyson will become famous soon enough. (+50) curlyson will become famous soon enough. (+50) curlyson will become famous soon enough. (+50) curlyson will become famous soon enough. (+50) curlyson will become famous soon enough. (+50) curlyson will become famous soon enough. (+50) curlyson will become famous soon enough. (+50) curlyson will become famous soon enough. (+50) curlyson will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    let me tell you the facts. if a robber pulls a gun on you he isn't threating you and showing it off just be cool. its out because he already has the will to use it. in the "real world" you meet force on force. im not going to beg for my life. if I ever point a gun at someone better believe im willing to use it right then and there, I give the robber the same logical ability to think. a weapon pointed is as good as getting shot at.

also rep pharmacist, all shots accounted for in the bad guy

jason_bh has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jason_bh has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jason_bh has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jason_bh has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jason_bh has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jason_bh has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jason_bh has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jason_bh has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jason_bh has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jason_bh has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jason_bh has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Basically you believe such a large amount of robberies, where the victim complies, end in murder, therefore the wisest decision is to engage in a firefight. You believe this.

Anyhow, i'd like to say I respect your opinion, but I can't. It's completely outrageous.
    And we understand that you're willing to bet your life upon assumptions that a person holding a gun to your head doesn't intend on using it. That's fine. I respect your opinion. After all you are entitled to live however you want to. But for you to call us that are willing and able to protect ourselves stupid is a bit childish. Especially considering that you have no hard facts to base your opinion upon.

There's very small chance that I will get into an accident on the way home, but I still where my seat belt. Why? Because there is still a chance that I will get into an accident. Albeit a small one, but a chance nonetheless. I am not willing to bet my life on that. Same holds true if faced with a robbery.

moofthedog is a name known to all. (+5000) moofthedog is a name known to all. (+5000) moofthedog is a name known to all. (+5000) moofthedog is a name known to all. (+5000) moofthedog is a name known to all. (+5000) moofthedog is a name known to all. (+5000) moofthedog is a name known to all. (+5000) moofthedog is a name known to all. (+5000) moofthedog is a name known to all. (+5000) moofthedog is a name known to all. (+5000) moofthedog is a name known to all. (+5000)
    What I learned from this video:

-Shoot first (go full han solo)
    -Don't hesitate after the first shot

If his second shot hadn't hit the guy's gun, the pharmacist could have been shot. Should have double or triple tapped the guy right off the bat.
    Also lmfao if anyone thinks having a .45 would have changed the situation. When you're working with subcompact guns, you pretty much get .380 or .9mm.

But, is it possible that the guy could have just gotten the money and left? Then, later gotten caught by police?
    Sure. But is it also possible that the guy could have just had poor trigger discipline and shot an innocent dead? sure.
    What happened, happened. Probably a good example to would-be robbers.

WillBrink has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) WillBrink has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) WillBrink has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) WillBrink has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) WillBrink has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) WillBrink has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) WillBrink has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) WillBrink has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) WillBrink has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) WillBrink has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) WillBrink has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Originally Posted by jason_bh View Post
    Bottom line is that I am going to ignore Chester's advice and hope that a robber only intends to take my money and not harm me. I will instead take my chances and protect myself with my weapon that I carry.

Let the guys on the Internet argue about my actions later.
    And hope is not strategy for success or survival in this life, and of course the stats tell us you're more likely to survive that situation using a gun:

"The Department of Justice's National Crime Victimization Survey reports that the probability of serious injury from an attack is 2.5 times greater for women offering no resistance than for women resisting with a gun. Men also benefit from using a gun, but the benefits are smaller: offering no resistance is 1.4 times more likely to result in serious injury than resisting with a gun."

Via the Chicago Tribune.Dr. John Lott, Jr. is the John M. Olin law and economics fellow at the University of Chicago School of Law.
    Last edited by WillBrink; 02-20-2015 at 01:00 PM.

www.BrinkZone.com

TheCore84 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TheCore84 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TheCore84 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TheCore84 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TheCore84 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TheCore84 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TheCore84 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TheCore84 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TheCore84 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TheCore84 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TheCore84 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Beautiful. Pharmacist took out the trash that day.
    Bears, Bulls, Blackhawks, and White Sox

Misc Hard Seltzer Crew

Recovering Tradie Crew

Originally Posted by jason_bh View Post
    And we understand that you're willing to bet your life upon assumptions that a person holding a gun to your head doesn't intend on using it. That's fine. I respect your opinion. After all you are entitled to live however you want to. But for you to call us that are willing and able to protect ourselves stupid is a bit childish. Especially considering that you have no hard facts to base your opinion upon.

There's very small chance that I will get into an accident on the way home, but I still where my seat belt. Why? Because there is still a chance that I will get into an accident. Albeit a small one, but a chance nonetheless. I am not willing to bet my life on that. Same holds true if faced with a robbery.
    You believe you have a higher chance of winning a shootout than avoiding one and taking the chance that he won't randomly shoot you.

I don't know why you believe this, but you do and that's fine.

You talking about seatbelts on the other hand makes me think you STILL haven't understood what anyone itt is talking about.

TheCore84 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TheCore84 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TheCore84 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TheCore84 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TheCore84 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TheCore84 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TheCore84 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TheCore84 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TheCore84 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TheCore84 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TheCore84 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by dirtdickens View Post
    The guy should have at least tazed him.

People dont deserve to die for sht like that. Its obvious the guy was not going to harm any of the people he was robbing, he never even shot them when he had the chance.
    People like you are what's wrong in today's society. Go play on the freeway.
    Bears, Bulls, Blackhawks, and White Sox

Misc Hard Seltzer Crew

Recovering Tradie Crew

Before I leave, just out of curiosity, 1. How many robberies, where the victim complies do YOU think end in a murder?
    2. In a firefight like the one in the video, how often would you say the robber successfully resturns fire on the clerk?

I fully support your right to hope you don't get the robber who has no plans to be violent and give over your money, etc life a good victim if you support others Right (capital R) who are not willing to take that chance and respond to a deadly weapon pointed at them as the person in the vid did.

You can take your chances as you see fit, and I fully support you right to do so.

Deal?

www.BrinkZone.com

Originally Posted by WillBrink View Post
    And hope is not strategy for success or survival in this life, and of course the stats tell us you're more likely to survive that situation using a gun:

"Myth No. 1: When one is attacked, passive behavior is the safest approach.

The Department of Justice's National Crime Victimization Survey reports that the probability of serious injury from an attack is 2.5 times greater for women offering no resistance than for women resisting with a gun. Men also benefit from using a gun, but the benefits are smaller: offering no resistance is 1.4 times more likely to result in serious injury than resisting with a gun."

Via the Chicago Tribune.Dr. John Lott, Jr. is the John M. Olin law and economics fellow at the University of Chicago School of Law.
    None of that is relevent to what we're discussing here. What are you doing?

" probability of serious injury from an attack is 2.5 times greater"

from an attack

an attack

attack

Do you wear your seat belt, yes or no?

It doesn't matter if the numbers are fact or fictional for the argument to make sense.

You said, "Are you willing to bet your life on a "statistical point of view"? I am not."

The point is, IF your goal is to survive this situation unharmed, and you want the highest possible chance to survive. Then submitting to the robbers orders might be the best course of action, it just might give you a higher chance of survival.

You asked if I was willing to bet my life on a "statistical point of view".

My answer is -
    If I am in a situation, and I knew that "Plan A" had a higher survival chance than "Plan B", and IF my goal was to survive, then yes, I would take Plan A.

In simple, if I have a 5% chance to survive or a 10% chance to survive, i'm picking 10%.
    The point is, you have absolutely no idea what the violent criminal threatening your life will do. Period. If you want to survive, you cannot let yourself be at the mercy of someone else.

Can you even provide evidence that pulling a gun is deadlier than being killed during a robbery?

Or are you just going to continue citing your own made up numbers?
    Misc Firearms Crew
    11B Crew
    Beat LA
    MAGA

Vitamin0 is just really nice. (+1000) Vitamin0 is just really nice. (+1000) Vitamin0 is just really nice. (+1000) Vitamin0 is just really nice. (+1000) Vitamin0 is just really nice. (+1000) Vitamin0 is just really nice. (+1000) Vitamin0 is just really nice. (+1000) Vitamin0 is just really nice. (+1000) Vitamin0 is just really nice. (+1000) Vitamin0 is just really nice. (+1000) Vitamin0 is just really nice. (+1000)
    You gun debate baiting *******s have to go. There is literally a new thread everyday filled with you losers jerking eachother off and rep trading. Sickening.

JoshSP1985 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JoshSP1985 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JoshSP1985 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JoshSP1985 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JoshSP1985 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JoshSP1985 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JoshSP1985 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JoshSP1985 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JoshSP1985 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JoshSP1985 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JoshSP1985 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by jujuB View Post
    scary situation here.. the guy could have shot back at him as he was falling... he's lucky one of his shots jammed his gun. if i were CCW i don't know if i could pull it out with those two people around me.
    This I'm surprised the perps gun wasn't discharged all over the place after the first shot. Very dangerous situation.

With that said you never know what will happen when a criminal has a gun, he could rob the place then execute everyone before leaving. Probably best to take your chances and attempt to gun him down.
    *PUREBLOOD CREW*
    *DAD CREW*
    *SUPER STRAIGHT*
    *NATURAL DICK CREW*
    *CCW*

Can you even provide evidence that pulling a gun is deadlier than being killed during a robbery?

We're at a standstill, since neither can you.
    I believe your opinion is stupid
    You believe mine is stupid

/thread

Edit: also, the seatbelt thing is irrelevent since I'm not arguing against carrying a gun, because there are situations where using it is a good decision.
    The argument is regarding when to pull it out.

and on a final note, i might have pulled the gun in the situation in the video, you never know what you'll do in a situation like that. But watching it now my opinion is that the robber wasn't going to randomly shoot them, he wanted money as is normally the case. And circling back to my original statement; the pharmacist put his colleague lives at unnecessary risk.
    Last edited by Chesso95; 02-20-2015 at 01:04 PM.

My pronouns are Bro/Brah Procta's Avatar
    Procta has the mod powerz Procta has the mod powerz Procta has the mod powerz Procta has the mod powerz Procta has the mod powerz Procta has the mod powerz Procta has the mod powerz Procta has the mod powerz Procta has the mod powerz Procta has the mod powerz Procta has the mod powerz
    justice!
    China is asshoe !!!

Super Straight HTC Crew, Pureblood Crew & a Jeepbrah (no ducks)

Florida is GOAT

Gen X: Humanity's last hope

The point is, you have absolutely no idea what the violent criminal threatening your life will do. Period. If you want to survive, you cannot let yourself be at the mercy of someone else.

Just to be clear, if pulling a gun and shooting the robber has a higher survival rate than submitting to his orders, I'm shooting him, no hesitation.

If submitting to his demands gives me a higher survival rate, then i'm submitting to his orders. (If my goal is to survive the incident)

Let me ask you a question.

If you do in fact have a gun on you and you are in a situation like this, and IF you know for a fact that you had a higher survival chance by complying with the robber, and IF your goal was to survive.

What do you do?

moofthedog is a name known to all. (+5000) moofthedog is a name known to all. (+5000) moofthedog is a name known to all. (+5000) moofthedog is a name known to all. (+5000) moofthedog is a name known to all. (+5000) moofthedog is a name known to all. (+5000) moofthedog is a name known to all. (+5000) moofthedog is a name known to all. (+5000) moofthedog is a name known to all. (+5000) moofthedog is a name known to all. (+5000) moofthedog is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by TheCore84 View Post
    People like you are what's wrong in today's society. Go play on the freeway.
    +1
    Also, what happens when you taze someone? Their hands might clench
    What happens when your hands clench when you have a gun in your hand with your finger on the trigger....?

None of that is relevent to what we're discussing here. What are you doing?

" probability of serious injury from an attack is 2.5 times greater"

from an attack

an attack

attack
    Exactly. You're not bright enough to understand such simple concepts, but to repeat: I fully support your rights to
    be a victim of crime and play it safe by offering no resistance. Derp

Simply presenting a gun will often prevent the attack from ever happening (via FBI stats) in the first place, but
    again, by your command of the English language and responses, likely too difficult a concept for you to fathom.

Good luck Sparky.

www.BrinkZone.com