Thread: Help please!!!

ionakathryn has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Help please!!!

Hi I really need some advice on how to lose fat. I am eating less than 2,300 calories a day (a PT told me to aim for 2,300). Here are some images of me. I am doing 12 minutes of HIIT three times every week. I am lifting around 3 times a week and doing calisthenics and stretching as well. I am a pescatarian and have recentley quit added sugar. I also only eat bread once a week (homemade).

Do you think I am fat? And how do I get around this? I put in so much work but am not seeing results! I am improving the weight being lifted but cannot see any definition in my biceps? I am really losing motivation. Any tips/experience welcome pleasE?

I am thinking of doing insanity as well? I am active everyday I move and do stuff. Hardly ever sit on the couch! I don't understand!!!

I weigh 69kg.

Thanks!!
    Attached Images

Drajrod will become famous soon enough. (+50) Drajrod will become famous soon enough. (+50) Drajrod will become famous soon enough. (+50) Drajrod will become famous soon enough. (+50) Drajrod will become famous soon enough. (+50) Drajrod will become famous soon enough. (+50) Drajrod will become famous soon enough. (+50) Drajrod will become famous soon enough. (+50) Drajrod will become famous soon enough. (+50) Drajrod will become famous soon enough. (+50) Drajrod will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by ionakathryn View Post
    Hi I really need some advice on how to lose fat. I am eating less than 2,300 calories a day (a PT told me to aim for 2,300). Here are some images of me. I am doing 12 minutes of HIIT three times every week. I am lifting around 3 times a week and doing calisthenics and stretching as well. I am a pescatarian and have recentley quit added sugar. I also only eat bread once a week (homemade).

Do you think I am fat? And how do I get around this? I put in so much work but am not seeing results! I am improving the weight being lifted but cannot see any definition in my biceps? I am really losing motivation. Any tips/experience welcome pleasE?

I am thinking of doing insanity as well? I am active everyday I move and do stuff. Hardly ever sit on the couch! I don't understand!!!

I weigh 69kg.

Thanks!!
    I wouldn't say you are fat, fitter than a lot of girls but you are obviously not happy with your current figure. It sounds like you are doing enough exercise, the general consensus for people in your circumstance is to eat less...2300 cals seems kinda high for a female cut imo. Also are you counting everything and sure you aren't going over 2300 cals?

Sounds to me like you are focusing more on exercise instead of diet, when diet is just as, if not more important.
    Last edited by Drajrod; 02-19-2015 at 06:04 AM.

dmacdonal9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dmacdonal9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dmacdonal9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dmacdonal9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dmacdonal9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dmacdonal9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dmacdonal9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dmacdonal9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dmacdonal9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dmacdonal9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dmacdonal9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    2300 is quite high. And you're not losing on it, so it's maintenance calories for you. Try 1800.

lsiberian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) lsiberian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) lsiberian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) lsiberian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) lsiberian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) lsiberian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) lsiberian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) lsiberian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) lsiberian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) lsiberian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) lsiberian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    You are not fat. Your BMI is in the normal weight range. That said BMI isn't the best judge of your fitness levels I suggest having your PT show you how to do caliper measurements to help you determine your body fat percentage.
    This site has instructions and calculators.

http://www.linear-software.com/online.html

Realize these are all estimates.

All this talk of sugar and bread shows you do not understand basic nutrition. Instead of repeating the stickies located in the stickies on this site. I will encourage you to read them yourself. These findings are based on peer reviewed long term studies meaning they are the legit science.

jdrush has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jdrush has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jdrush has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jdrush has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jdrush has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jdrush has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jdrush has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jdrush has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jdrush has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jdrush has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jdrush has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    So far buying a kitchen scale has helped my wife and I a lot. The depressing thing is you see how much you're actually supposed to eat as opposed to what you were eating. My wife is mad at me because I give her less cottage cheese.

Go through and really dissect your diet to see where you're getting useless calories (i.e. dressings or drinks). I measure out about 1800 calories a day for myself and then eat vegetables and account that for another 200 for a total 2000. I don't measure veggies as it's just a pain in my butt.

If you're pescatarian and not eating bread or sugar where are all those other calories coming from?
    I'm an introvert trying to be an extrovert.

“I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work.”
    ― Thomas A. Edison

Snapchat: DrushBear

Nutrition log: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=170161983&p=1416356963#post1416356963

Odines is on a distinguished road. (+10) Odines is on a distinguished road. (+10) Odines is on a distinguished road. (+10) Odines is on a distinguished road. (+10) Odines is on a distinguished road. (+10) Odines is on a distinguished road. (+10) Odines is on a distinguished road. (+10) Odines is on a distinguished road. (+10) Odines is on a distinguished road. (+10) Odines is on a distinguished road. (+10) Odines is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by dmacdonal9 View Post
    2300 is quite high. And you're not losing on it, so it's maintenance calories for you. Try 1800.
    ^^ this

I'm going with way too high. Not to mention at that amount of calories the other factors mentioned here come heavier into play (miscalculating, either overest exercise cal burned, or underest portions eaten). Cut down to 1800 or lower if you can handle it for 2 weeks, keep exercise the same. If you see results, you have your answer.

I'm lazy when it comes to measuring nowadays (unless its a new food), so I eyeball most things. To counteract that, I measure my exercise at flat rates. 200 cal for 1 hr weight lifting, 400 cals for 1 hr moderate cardio. This keeps any miscalculations in check for me. I also attempt to overestimate portions. If I "think" something is around 250, i just log it 300.

@ the gym 5 days a week ~ 2hrs a session, and my cal range is ~1800-2100 (not counting exercise into this at all)

The good news is, even 5 lbs is a significant change on a woman, so results should come fast once you're actually back on a deficit.

SPEEED is not very well liked. (-100) SPEEED is not very well liked. (-100) SPEEED is not very well liked. (-100) SPEEED is not very well liked. (-100) SPEEED is not very well liked. (-100) SPEEED is not very well liked. (-100) SPEEED is not very well liked. (-100) SPEEED is not very well liked. (-100) SPEEED is not very well liked. (-100) SPEEED is not very well liked. (-100) SPEEED is not very well liked. (-100)
    Do you count your calories? do you track macros? do you weigh your food? You'd be amazed at how easy it is to overeat.

ionakathryn has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Thank you for your responses. I am using the MFP calculator but do find it difficult to count the calories. Would one of the reasons for my shape being that I don;t take a protein powdeR? What are some good resources for counting calories? I will go for 1,800. I find it a bit overwhelming and don't count the calories i lose during exercise. With regards to understanding basic nutirion, it is a well known fact that white, added sugar is not optimal for health or fitness.

Thanks

toddmclain02 is just really nice. (+1000) toddmclain02 is just really nice. (+1000) toddmclain02 is just really nice. (+1000) toddmclain02 is just really nice. (+1000) toddmclain02 is just really nice. (+1000) toddmclain02 is just really nice. (+1000) toddmclain02 is just really nice. (+1000) toddmclain02 is just really nice. (+1000) toddmclain02 is just really nice. (+1000) toddmclain02 is just really nice. (+1000) toddmclain02 is just really nice. (+1000)
    I'm a big dude cutting on 1900 calories. It's ok not to drink Protien powder and eat whole non processed foods. I use myfitnesspal to track my calories. Weigh everything. Yes it seems over whelming but if you plan out ahead of time, then it is really easy. It's when you don't plan and run out of food that mistakes start being made. If you want a better figure than you have now it is going to take some time and dedication to your diet.
    Starting Weight 255lbs. 2/1/2011
    Best weight so far 187lbs 5/1/2012 - Then got a hot gf a boat and gained fat lol...
    Starting again for the finish line of 180lbs - 11/1/2012 @ 201lbs