Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    iloveus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) iloveus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) iloveus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) iloveus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) iloveus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) iloveus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) iloveus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) iloveus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) iloveus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) iloveus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) iloveus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by iwanttopost View Post
    QUESTION

So you work out your entire body 3-4 times a week? Instead of breaking down each muscle group into different days.

How is this a superior strategy, beyond the intensity of the workouts.
    U wot m8? There are full body programs that do 3x a week such as starting strength, strong lifts, Ice Cream Fitness and a bunch others.

Condyle is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Condyle is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Condyle is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Condyle is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Condyle is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Condyle is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Condyle is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Condyle is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Condyle is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Condyle is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Condyle is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    I'll say the same thing here I do every time CF comes up.

CF comes in for hate because CF people preach to other sports, like they have the training key somehow missed over the past 100 years. They do not.

I run a lot, CF types come on running boards lulzing at the scrawny runners, telling them to do HIIT. To prepare for marathons. To recap. High intensity interval training is all you need to be fast in distance races.

So I looked at the results for CF Games, their world championships. Elite athletes - the world's best - at the top of their game. I found 2010. They have a 5k 'race' (it's not even a distance race - I'd *love* to see the 10k or half marathon). Women = 23min and change. I can beat that, and I'm some 34yo, too-fat scrub who runs as a hobby. Men, just under 19min. That gets regularly beaten by skinny teenagers at my local weekly fun run.

The 5k times aren't just not very good, they're atrocious. inb4 they can squat + kip pullups too. Sure. But that's not what the question is. The question is do CF protocols cross over to every facet of endurance training - DO THEY HAVE ALL THE ANSWERS?

lol no. We try to tell them runners have HIIT - intervals, we've called them - for many decades. We also do unstructured interval training to fatigue called fartlek (Swedish for 'speed play'). Nope, our beards weren't bristly enough.

Hell yeah they're douchebags.
    Last edited by Condyle; 02-18-2015 at 08:40 AM.

Mumra has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Mumra has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Mumra has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Mumra has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Mumra has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Mumra has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Mumra has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Mumra has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Mumra has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Mumra has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Mumra has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by Cruzader510 View Post
    Strong background knowledge, like any miscer cares. But the guys who run the event were told not to use that event, by the head honcho of the event.

They ran it anyway, and yes people got hurt.

There are bad body builders, bad mma trainers, bad tennis coaches. Get over it.
    saw this post and thought, "hmm might a a crossfit cult member.". then I saw Bench-205 and Squat 265. Yep crossfit confirmed. lol!
    MuscleTech Supporter

APC/GPA, SPF 220
    http://americanpowerliftingcommittee-usa.com/
    Raw 216lbs bw
    Meet#/Gym#
    Squat 660bs/700lbs
    Bench 405lbs/415lbs
    DL 650/same

guyver79 is a name known to all. (+5000) guyver79 is a name known to all. (+5000) guyver79 is a name known to all. (+5000) guyver79 is a name known to all. (+5000) guyver79 is a name known to all. (+5000) guyver79 is a name known to all. (+5000) guyver79 is a name known to all. (+5000) guyver79 is a name known to all. (+5000) guyver79 is a name known to all. (+5000) guyver79 is a name known to all. (+5000) guyver79 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by Condyle View Post
    I'll say the same thing here I do every time CF comes up.

CF comes in for hate because CF people preach to other sports, like they have the training key somehow missed over the past 100 years. They do not.

I run a lot, CF types come on running boards lulzing at the scrawny runners, telling them to do HIIT. Do prepare for marathons. To recap. High intensity interval training is all you need to be fast in distance races.

So I looked at the results for CF Games, their world championships. Elite athletes - the world's best - at the top of their game. I found 2010. They have a 5k 'race' (it's not even a distance race - I'd *love* to see the 10k or half marathon). Women = 23min and change. I can beat that, and I'm some 34yo, too-fat scrub who runs as a hobby. Men, just under 19min. That gets regularly beaten by skinny teenagers at my local weekly fun run.

The 5k times aren't just not very good, they're atrocious. inb4 they can squat + kip pullups too. Sure. But that's not what the question is. The question is do CF protocols cross over to every facet of endurance training - DO THEY HAVE ALL THE ANSWERS?

lol no. We try to tell them runners have HIIT - intervals, we've called them - for many decades. We also do unstructured interval training to fatigue called fartlek (Swedish for 'speed play'). Nope, our beards weren't bristly enough.

Hell yeah they're douchebags.
    Actually it's a little bit like that from the "strength" and "5x5" as well as the CF people, to think that they've somehow know something more about hypertrophy or thinking that everyone that is doing a "brosplit" or directly training arms to get big arms is a waste of time!

Brb, but look at Rich Frowning!!!.......

So?

Dan_S has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Dan_S has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Dan_S has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Dan_S has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Dan_S has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Dan_S has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Dan_S has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Dan_S has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Dan_S has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Dan_S has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Dan_S has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    You've got to admit though, it seems like they're really good at falling down. Didn't see a single broken wrist or ankle.

Originally Posted by iwanttopost View Post
    QUESTION

So you work out your entire body 3-4 times a week? Instead of breaking down each muscle group into different days.

How is this a superior strategy, beyond the intensity of the workouts.
    That's one of the biggest weaknesses of Crossfit. There's no actual "training" going on. It's exercise. The first year or so, yeah, you'll see gains because you were a sedentary piece of crap. But after that, there's no where near enough frequency to make progress. My wife does Crossfit and always talks about how she's not getting better at squats. Well, they squat maybe once every 2-3 weeks. She knows that if she went to the gym she'd get better, but she enjoys Crossfit more than she cares about being better.

Boxing/Wrestling Brah Rousinthehous's Avatar
    Rousinthehous is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Rousinthehous is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Rousinthehous is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Rousinthehous is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Rousinthehous is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Rousinthehous is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Rousinthehous is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Rousinthehous is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Rousinthehous is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Rousinthehous is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Rousinthehous is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Theres an ambulance that chills right by the crossfit "box" that's near to my house.

Specifically near the area where the crossfitters do power clean/pistol squat hybrid workouts on a balancing ball.

jk about second part

But seriously there's always an injury there
    4 Month Cut Progress - Start: 188lbs 30%BF --> Current 149lbs 14%BF. [Finished]
    3 Month Bulk Progress - Start: 149lbs%14BF --> Current 157lbs 15%BF. [Currently Eating]
    Bench 205x5
    Deadlift 300x3
    Squat 225x5
    Ricer crew, living my life 20 second quarter miles at a time
    "Don't quit, suffer now and live the rest of your life as a champion" - Muhammad Ali.

Thaddy99 is not very well liked. (-100) Thaddy99 is not very well liked. (-100) Thaddy99 is not very well liked. (-100) Thaddy99 is not very well liked. (-100) Thaddy99 is not very well liked. (-100) Thaddy99 is not very well liked. (-100) Thaddy99 is not very well liked. (-100) Thaddy99 is not very well liked. (-100) Thaddy99 is not very well liked. (-100) Thaddy99 is not very well liked. (-100) Thaddy99 is not very well liked. (-100)
    Crossfit is not so popular because of the results of the training, but because it's fun. Crossfit gives them a community and a way of thinking (paleo, gluten free, functional fitness). It's more a cult than a sport or training method.

They call themselves athletes because they do exercises for general fitness (strenght, stamina etc), but they only do exercises, they don't train like athletes do. That's why their progression stops after a few months.

PS: I'm referring to regular crossfitters, not the pros at the Crossfit Games. These guys really train, have decent technique and decent athletic performance.

DevBG is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) DevBG is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) DevBG is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) DevBG is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) DevBG is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) DevBG is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) DevBG is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) DevBG is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) DevBG is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) DevBG is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) DevBG is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Consequences will never be the same:

comehereyoumug is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) comehereyoumug is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) comehereyoumug is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) comehereyoumug is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) comehereyoumug is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) comehereyoumug is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) comehereyoumug is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) comehereyoumug is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) comehereyoumug is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) comehereyoumug is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) comehereyoumug is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank)
    0:36 ****ing looooooooool

Brosnbroccoli has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Brosnbroccoli has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Brosnbroccoli has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Brosnbroccoli has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Brosnbroccoli has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Brosnbroccoli has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Brosnbroccoli has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Brosnbroccoli has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Brosnbroccoli has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Brosnbroccoli has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Brosnbroccoli has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    ****ing lol at thinking the best athletes won't go where the money is.
    "Best athletes in the world" - nobody takes that serious.
    Real Madrid, Miami Heat, New York Jets.

Acetheticz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Acetheticz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Acetheticz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Acetheticz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Acetheticz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Acetheticz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Acetheticz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Acetheticz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Acetheticz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Acetheticz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Acetheticz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    All I know is that most Crossfitters (that are actual competitors) are 10x more athletic than pro body builders.

brb running 5 miles without getting gassed
    brb high altitude hiking is a breeze thanks to conditioning

But have someone like Joey Swoll's manlet ass run a mile and he'll be throwing up in 5 minutes.
    *Willing to risk it all crew*

juiceyjay is not very helpful. (-500) juiceyjay is not very helpful. (-500) juiceyjay is not very helpful. (-500) juiceyjay is not very helpful. (-500) juiceyjay is not very helpful. (-500) juiceyjay is not very helpful. (-500) juiceyjay is not very helpful. (-500) juiceyjay is not very helpful. (-500) juiceyjay is not very helpful. (-500) juiceyjay is not very helpful. (-500) juiceyjay is not very helpful. (-500)
    Originally Posted by DevBG View Post
    Consequences will never be the same:

how unfortunate

Registered User stinkboxslammer's Avatar
    stinkboxslammer has a spectacular aura about. (+250) stinkboxslammer has a spectacular aura about. (+250) stinkboxslammer has a spectacular aura about. (+250) stinkboxslammer has a spectacular aura about. (+250) stinkboxslammer has a spectacular aura about. (+250) stinkboxslammer has a spectacular aura about. (+250) stinkboxslammer has a spectacular aura about. (+250) stinkboxslammer has a spectacular aura about. (+250) stinkboxslammer has a spectacular aura about. (+250) stinkboxslammer has a spectacular aura about. (+250) stinkboxslammer has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    crossfit is and forever will be a joke

BwuK is just really nice. (+1000) BwuK is just really nice. (+1000) BwuK is just really nice. (+1000) BwuK is just really nice. (+1000) BwuK is just really nice. (+1000) BwuK is just really nice. (+1000) BwuK is just really nice. (+1000) BwuK is just really nice. (+1000) BwuK is just really nice. (+1000) BwuK is just really nice. (+1000) BwuK is just really nice. (+1000)
    I don't sh*t on Crossfit like the majority of the misc.

The top level Crossfitters are incredible athletes, but your average one most likely has poor form and isn't in all that great shape.

LiftBig315 is a name known to all. (+5000) LiftBig315 is a name known to all. (+5000) LiftBig315 is a name known to all. (+5000) LiftBig315 is a name known to all. (+5000) LiftBig315 is a name known to all. (+5000) LiftBig315 is a name known to all. (+5000) LiftBig315 is a name known to all. (+5000) LiftBig315 is a name known to all. (+5000) LiftBig315 is a name known to all. (+5000) LiftBig315 is a name known to all. (+5000) LiftBig315 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Lol, that is mental. I would do a 360 and walk right outta that bitch if I were to do something like that. Not all crossfitter can be retarded though. Just seems like the ones that are idiotic about it are the ones that are so vocal at the same time.
    to each their own, but that event looked like a horrible plan from the get go, and the fact that people were actually attempting it is a pity.

There are some pretty impressive crossfit "athletes" of that's what you wanna call em, but like others said, they're coming in trained. It's the people that don't have any background in any form of sport or exercise that come in, don't know their body, try too hard with **** form or no clue and the next thing ya know they've got injuries. No surprise. Look at newbs that come in trying to deadlift and f up their back. Same ****. People just need to wise up and not train like idiots, regardless if it's crossfit, bodybuilding, powerlifting, golf, fapping etc.
    315x4 (7/23/14) - Goal 365
    330x6 (7/24/14) - Goal 435
    485 (7/7/14) - Goal 505

ZidaneValor is a name known to all. (+5000) ZidaneValor is a name known to all. (+5000) ZidaneValor is a name known to all. (+5000) ZidaneValor is a name known to all. (+5000) ZidaneValor is a name known to all. (+5000) ZidaneValor is a name known to all. (+5000) ZidaneValor is a name known to all. (+5000) ZidaneValor is a name known to all. (+5000) ZidaneValor is a name known to all. (+5000) ZidaneValor is a name known to all. (+5000) ZidaneValor is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by Acetheticz View Post
    All I know is that most Crossfitters (that are actual competitors) are 10x more athletic than pro body builders.

But have someone like Joey Swoll's manlet ass run a mile and he'll be throwing up in 5 minutes.
    It seems like you're narrowing your definition of athleticism to be "cardiovascular and/or aerobic endurance". I'm not saying endurance is not important, but it's only one part of the more broad athleticism in my opinion.

Originally Posted by Condyle View Post

That reminds me of the Greg Glassman quotation where he basically said that if you can run too fast or lift too much weight, then you must not be fit; then one paragraph later his infamous "500-750 pound deadlifts in 2 years" quotation.

http://www.tamcrossfit.com/crossfit-...greg-glassman/

Reporter: Based on the experience of friends doing the Crossfit program, I have heardmany reports of new PR’s and other feats of strength in specific lifts.
    This happens despite the fact that the particular lift only comes up on an occasional basis. This completely flies in the face of conventional training wisdom, so I must ask: how is this possible?!

Glassman: If you come to us with a 4-minute mile, six months into it you are going to be 30 seconds slower but a whole hell of a lot fitter. Similarly, if you come to us with a 900-pound squat, in six months it’s going to be 750 pounds, but you, too, will be much fitter. A 4-minute mile and a 900-pound squat are both clear and compelling evidence of a lack of balance in your program. This doesn’t reflect the limitations of our program but the inherent nature of flesh and blood.

But here’s the fascinating part. We can take you from a 200 pound max deadlift to a 500-750 pound max deadlift in two years while only pulling max singles four or five times a year. We will though work the deadlift, like most lifts, approximately once per week at higher reps and under grueling conditions. It may intuit well that if you can pull a 250 pound deadlift 21 times coming to the lift at a heart rate of 180 beats per minute, then 500 pounds for a single at a resting heart rate is perhaps manageable.

VictorHei will become famous soon enough. (+50) VictorHei will become famous soon enough. (+50) VictorHei will become famous soon enough. (+50) VictorHei will become famous soon enough. (+50) VictorHei will become famous soon enough. (+50) VictorHei will become famous soon enough. (+50) VictorHei will become famous soon enough. (+50) VictorHei will become famous soon enough. (+50) VictorHei will become famous soon enough. (+50) VictorHei will become famous soon enough. (+50) VictorHei will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Decathlon sh its all over Xfit

ZidaneValor is a name known to all. (+5000) ZidaneValor is a name known to all. (+5000) ZidaneValor is a name known to all. (+5000) ZidaneValor is a name known to all. (+5000) ZidaneValor is a name known to all. (+5000) ZidaneValor is a name known to all. (+5000) ZidaneValor is a name known to all. (+5000) ZidaneValor is a name known to all. (+5000) ZidaneValor is a name known to all. (+5000) ZidaneValor is a name known to all. (+5000) ZidaneValor is a name known to all. (+5000)
    That actually reminds me of my second favorite quotation where Dave Castro basically said that Olympic decathletes and professional athletes "don’t have that mindset to push like CrossFitters do", and I think he was even specifically talking about Bryan Clay (I forget, it's been a while since I listened).

http://journal.crossfit.com/2010/12/...reArticleTitle

guyver79 is a name known to all. (+5000) guyver79 is a name known to all. (+5000) guyver79 is a name known to all. (+5000) guyver79 is a name known to all. (+5000) guyver79 is a name known to all. (+5000) guyver79 is a name known to all. (+5000) guyver79 is a name known to all. (+5000) guyver79 is a name known to all. (+5000) guyver79 is a name known to all. (+5000) guyver79 is a name known to all. (+5000) guyver79 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by Acetheticz View Post

Again, this is a bizarre argument, a pro bodybuilder is trying to be as big and a ripped as possible, put a "crossfitter" on a pro stage and the crossfitter would be laughed off.

Put a crossfitter in any other professional sport without specific training and they'd struggle.

Luc1fer has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Luc1fer has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Luc1fer has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Luc1fer has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Luc1fer has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Luc1fer has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Luc1fer has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Luc1fer has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Luc1fer has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Luc1fer has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Luc1fer has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by DboyFresh View Post
    LOL these *******s wouldn't stand a chance in the ring. Brb Slip then 1-2 its all over!

edit:

Go to 2:20 probably the most epic fail of crossfit history
    lmao .. "That strong womyn. The car is obviously a privileged misogynist".

magog704 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) magog704 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) magog704 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) magog704 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) magog704 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) magog704 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) magog704 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) magog704 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) magog704 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) magog704 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) magog704 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    obligatory

LionelRonaldo is not very helpful. (-500) LionelRonaldo is not very helpful. (-500) LionelRonaldo is not very helpful. (-500) LionelRonaldo is not very helpful. (-500) LionelRonaldo is not very helpful. (-500) LionelRonaldo is not very helpful. (-500) LionelRonaldo is not very helpful. (-500) LionelRonaldo is not very helpful. (-500) LionelRonaldo is not very helpful. (-500) LionelRonaldo is not very helpful. (-500) LionelRonaldo is not very helpful. (-500)
    strong delusion

imoffg is a name known to all. (+5000) imoffg is a name known to all. (+5000) imoffg is a name known to all. (+5000) imoffg is a name known to all. (+5000) imoffg is a name known to all. (+5000) imoffg is a name known to all. (+5000) imoffg is a name known to all. (+5000) imoffg is a name known to all. (+5000) imoffg is a name known to all. (+5000) imoffg is a name known to all. (+5000) imoffg is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by ZidaneValor View Post
    That actually reminds me of my second favorite quotation where Dave Castro basically said that Olympic decathletes and professional athletes "don’t have that mindset to push like CrossFitters do", and I think he was even specifically talking about Bryan Clay (I forget, it's been a while since I listened).

http://journal.crossfit.com/2010/12/...reArticleTitle
    in all fairness, dave castro is the worst person on the planet
    OG Misc Crew - 2006 Checking in

aka cheeseburger walrus MustardTiger17's Avatar
    MustardTiger17 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MustardTiger17 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MustardTiger17 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MustardTiger17 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MustardTiger17 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MustardTiger17 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MustardTiger17 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MustardTiger17 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MustardTiger17 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MustardTiger17 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MustardTiger17 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    I once worked with a kid that told me that ultimate Frisbee is tougher than football. Srs. I never took him srs again
    Not in the AM

Only miscer that replies to my threads is Ron Crew

Condyle is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Condyle is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Condyle is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Condyle is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Condyle is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Condyle is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Condyle is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Condyle is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Condyle is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Condyle is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Condyle is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by ZidaneValor View Post
    That reminds me of the Greg Glassman quotation where he basically said that if you can run too fast or lift too much weight, then you must not be fit; then one paragraph later his infamous "500-750 pound deadlifts in 2 years" quotation.

http://www.tamcrossfit.com/crossfit-...greg-glassman/
    This is the thing. The CF trolls I mention earlier lulz at trunners for... running, and not caring about pullups or deads or anything other than fuking running.

CF types bustle in, tell us we're all unfit (apparently running 23 miles in under 2:20 is sickly and ill), tell us we should beef up, avoid grains, the usual... but THEN have the nerve to tell us our training protocols, for an event they say is useless, are wrong. Low-intensity steady state cardio training is ALL WRONG for running a marathon, an event which is 100 per cent low-intensity, steady state cardio. All we need is a few 400m hot laps, maybe flop a heavy rope around for a bit. A CrossFitter is more qualified than Olympic-level running coaches, more qualified than hundreds of years of runners and running, and at an event they fail dismally at. Seriously, I'm overweight, middle-aged, run as a hobby only and I'm faster than the *world's best* female CrossFitters, young women who train full-time with expert coaching and huge natural ability.

How does fuk off sound?
    Last edited by Condyle; 02-18-2015 at 09:05 AM.

PwnedTheism is not very well liked. (-100) PwnedTheism is not very well liked. (-100) PwnedTheism is not very well liked. (-100) PwnedTheism is not very well liked. (-100) PwnedTheism is not very well liked. (-100) PwnedTheism is not very well liked. (-100) PwnedTheism is not very well liked. (-100) PwnedTheism is not very well liked. (-100) PwnedTheism is not very well liked. (-100) PwnedTheism is not very well liked. (-100) PwnedTheism is not very well liked. (-100)
    it's underrated how dangerous crossfit actually is.

Someone could've snapped a femur there or something

veggie530 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) veggie530 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) veggie530 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) veggie530 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) veggie530 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) veggie530 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) veggie530 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) veggie530 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) veggie530 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) veggie530 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) veggie530 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    I don't gain anything out of critiquing things I've never participated in (within reason). Not sure why others do, especially with Crossfit. Of course there are idiots in Crossfit who do idiotic things. The same can be said of martial arts... weight lifting (brb 40-plate leg press guy, etc.)... shooting... car racing... not all that unique.
    August 2023:
    BW: 194
    B: 315 x 3, 225 x 14 (PR: 335)
    S: 315 x 2, 225 x 18 (PR's)
    DL: 405 x 1 (PR); Trap Bar DL: 405 x 1
    OHP: 185 x 3 (PR), 135 x 16
    Chins: 22(PR) Pushups: 83 (PR: 101)
    1 Mile: 6:45 (PR: 5:52)

G0S9G is just really nice. (+1000) G0S9G is just really nice. (+1000) G0S9G is just really nice. (+1000) G0S9G is just really nice. (+1000) G0S9G is just really nice. (+1000) G0S9G is just really nice. (+1000) G0S9G is just really nice. (+1000) G0S9G is just really nice. (+1000) G0S9G is just really nice. (+1000) G0S9G is just really nice. (+1000) G0S9G is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by veggie530 View Post
    I don't gain anything out of critiquing things I've never participated in (within reason). Not sure why others do, especially with Crossfit. Of course there are idiots in Crossfit who do idiotic things. The same can be said of martial arts... weight lifting (brb 40-plate leg press guy, etc.)... shooting... car racing... not all that unique.
    I try not to be negative towards it because frankly it's helped popularize lifting in general which has led to improvements in regular gyms (in terms of equipment available mainly. I honestly think it's just become a "hip" thing to hate on so people do it. Most people ITT probably couldn't tell you why they dislike Crossfit or what the problems with it's programming are.
    Winter came for Littlefinger

** Former Obese Crew **

308smk has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 308smk has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 308smk has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 308smk has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 308smk has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 308smk has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 308smk has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 308smk has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 308smk has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 308smk has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 308smk has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Holy fuk those hurdles look brutal.

Its like the time I stepped onto a chained up gate not realising that it would just swing out from underneath me.

But then doing it repeatedly. Ufukinwotm8

LiftBig315 is a name known to all. (+5000) LiftBig315 is a name known to all. (+5000) LiftBig315 is a name known to all. (+5000) LiftBig315 is a name known to all. (+5000) LiftBig315 is a name known to all. (+5000) LiftBig315 is a name known to all. (+5000) LiftBig315 is a name known to all. (+5000) LiftBig315 is a name known to all. (+5000) LiftBig315 is a name known to all. (+5000) LiftBig315 is a name known to all. (+5000) LiftBig315 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by veggie530 View Post
    Holy ****, common sense! Thank you!
    315x4 (7/23/14) - Goal 365
    330x6 (7/24/14) - Goal 435
    485 (7/7/14) - Goal 505