chromedisguise has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Had Gynecomastia Surgery Today

And I feel amazing! Well, I mean that I feel so glad that's it done. Physically, I'm definitely in some discomfort.

I've lurked around here for a long time, and since I finally went through with my 6 year goal dream surgery, I thought I would share.

I uploaded a few photos just for now. One to show a time when I was dipping into nearly single digit BF%, and another shot of when I was really fit. And in the shot where I am holding the camera in the mirror, that was when I was cutting and trying to lose as much body fat as possible to reduce the gyno. As you can see, no amount of exercise and dieting is going to get rid of stupid gyno. And who knows, maybe to some of you what I had/have is nothing. I certainly know there are much worse cases out there. However, this was seriously bothering. I was always self conscious about my clothes especially, how they fit and all. Now, I'll be able to swear whatever I want once it's all healed fully!!

The other two simple shots are just of what I'm dealing with right now, the vest and the two drain tubes. The pain comes and goes, but I have medicine for that. It usually only hurts worse if I put pressure on it, or do things like try to push or pull open a door, or push off my hands getting up after sitting on a couch or something.

Can't shower for 48 hours. I guess every doctor is different too. The place I went has 3 cosmetic surgeons and each have subtle preferences/differences, I was told. This Dr wants me to leave the drain tubes in and record the fluid level and we'll see by next week if he wants them out. Of course there is nausea medicine and antibiotics as well. I'm about to get some sleep, and that'll be the hardest part for me, not screwing up the ace bandages and gauze and drain tubes.

I forgot to ask if I'm supposed to change the gauze under the pad/ace bandage wrap now or only when I take a shower in a day or two, because I took a peek and there's an awful lot of blood around my nipple! I got liposuction and excision of some breast tissue which was very important to me. They're sending it off to pathology (standard procedure, they said) for little look-see. One side of my chest had more than the other. I could see the hard rubbery stuff, and it was kinda painful to touch. I think it's all gone now!

I'll keep updating this with more and more pictures as I heal. My goal is to provide a great thread for gyno surgery discussion. There are a ton of great reads on this form and other forums as well, but I wanted to share my story and document my progress. Soon I can get back to "normal" and start killing off some of my belly fat that came back due to recent bad habits (you can see at one point I was very lean).

IMG_2588.jpgPhoto on 2-17-15 at 11.05 PM #2.jpgIMG_2588.jpgIMG_2128.jpgPhoto on 2-17-15 at 11.05 PM.jpg

has no use for a name n0useforaname's Avatar
    n0useforaname is a name known to all. (+5000) n0useforaname is a name known to all. (+5000) n0useforaname is a name known to all. (+5000) n0useforaname is a name known to all. (+5000) n0useforaname is a name known to all. (+5000) n0useforaname is a name known to all. (+5000) n0useforaname is a name known to all. (+5000) n0useforaname is a name known to all. (+5000) n0useforaname is a name known to all. (+5000) n0useforaname is a name known to all. (+5000) n0useforaname is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Call your doc about changing the gauze.. My wife is a PT and she has had a couple patients not change gauze when needed, and they end up in the hospital with nasty infections.
    Learning something new here every single day... and I'm still not sure if I understand : /

Originally Posted by n0useforaname View Post
    Call your doc about changing the gauze.. My wife is a PT and she has had a couple patients not change gauze when needed, and they end up in the hospital with nasty infections.
    I called and talked to a nurse at the doc's office, and she said my doc doesn't want to remove them for the first week until I go back in for my checkup. I thought that was a little strange since there's some blood around the nipple, but that could have just been fresh from the surgery since it is just dark now and dry.

To anyone who is considering this surgery, it's really worth it. I mean I hope I heal OK and my results are great, but it will take awhile to see.

SPEEED is not very well liked. (-100) SPEEED is not very well liked. (-100) SPEEED is not very well liked. (-100) SPEEED is not very well liked. (-100) SPEEED is not very well liked. (-100) SPEEED is not very well liked. (-100) SPEEED is not very well liked. (-100) SPEEED is not very well liked. (-100) SPEEED is not very well liked. (-100) SPEEED is not very well liked. (-100) SPEEED is not very well liked. (-100)
    What am I missing here? I don't see anything wrong with your 'tits' in the before shot. Why the surgery?

steveh5200 will become famous soon enough. (+50) steveh5200 will become famous soon enough. (+50) steveh5200 will become famous soon enough. (+50) steveh5200 will become famous soon enough. (+50) steveh5200 will become famous soon enough. (+50) steveh5200 will become famous soon enough. (+50) steveh5200 will become famous soon enough. (+50) steveh5200 will become famous soon enough. (+50) steveh5200 will become famous soon enough. (+50) steveh5200 will become famous soon enough. (+50) steveh5200 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    WTF. I didn't see any sign of gyno in your before shots. Maybe it was the angle, you also didn't look like you were jacked a lot so how did you get gyno?

Originally Posted by chromedisguise View Post
    And I feel amazing! Well, I mean that I feel so glad that's it done. Physically, I'm definitely in some discomfort.

I've lurked around here for a long time, and since I finally went through with my 6 year goal dream surgery, I thought I would share.

I uploaded a few photos just for now. One to show a time when I was dipping into nearly single digit BF%, and another shot of when I was really fit. And in the shot where I am holding the camera in the mirror, that was when I was cutting and trying to lose as much body fat as possible to reduce the gyno. As you can see, no amount of exercise and dieting is going to get rid of stupid gyno. And who knows, maybe to some of you what I had/have is nothing. I certainly know there are much worse cases out there. However, this was seriously bothering. I was always self conscious about my clothes especially, how they fit and all. Now, I'll be able to swear whatever I want once it's all healed fully!!

The other two simple shots are just of what I'm dealing with right now, the vest and the two drain tubes. The pain comes and goes, but I have medicine for that. It usually only hurts worse if I put pressure on it, or do things like try to push or pull open a door, or push off my hands getting up after sitting on a couch or something.

Can't shower for 48 hours. I guess every doctor is different too. The place I went has 3 cosmetic surgeons and each have subtle preferences/differences, I was told. This Dr wants me to leave the drain tubes in and record the fluid level and we'll see by next week if he wants them out. Of course there is nausea medicine and antibiotics as well. I'm about to get some sleep, and that'll be the hardest part for me, not screwing up the ace bandages and gauze and drain tubes.

I forgot to ask if I'm supposed to change the gauze under the pad/ace bandage wrap now or only when I take a shower in a day or two, because I took a peek and there's an awful lot of blood around my nipple! I got liposuction and excision of some breast tissue which was very important to me. They're sending it off to pathology (standard procedure, they said) for little look-see. One side of my chest had more than the other. I could see the hard rubbery stuff, and it was kinda painful to touch. I think it's all gone now!

I'll keep updating this with more and more pictures as I heal. My goal is to provide a great thread for gyno surgery discussion. There are a ton of great reads on this form and other forums as well, but I wanted to share my story and document my progress. Soon I can get back to "normal" and start killing off some of my belly fat that came back due to recent bad habits (you can see at one point I was very lean).

Attachment 7590951Attachment 7590761Attachment 7590951Attachment 7590741Attachment 7590751

frmrlurkr has a spectacular aura about. (+250) frmrlurkr has a spectacular aura about. (+250) frmrlurkr has a spectacular aura about. (+250) frmrlurkr has a spectacular aura about. (+250) frmrlurkr has a spectacular aura about. (+250) frmrlurkr has a spectacular aura about. (+250) frmrlurkr has a spectacular aura about. (+250) frmrlurkr has a spectacular aura about. (+250) frmrlurkr has a spectacular aura about. (+250) frmrlurkr has a spectacular aura about. (+250) frmrlurkr has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Inb4 doctor picked up wrong chart and did augmentation instead of gyno
    I have a love/hate relationship with Misc

coope1kr has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I was wondering the same thing, I seen nothing wrong pre operation.

Originally Posted by SPEEED View Post
    What am I missing here? I don't see anything wrong with your 'tits' in the before shot. Why the surgery?
    Originally Posted by steveh5200 View Post
    WTF. I didn't see any sign of gyno in your before shots. Maybe it was the angle, you also didn't look like you were jacked a lot so how did you get gyno?
    Yea, I know most might not see the gyno and I did say I know many who have had it worse and very noticeable. How did I get it? I don't exactly know, but I think it's somewhat hereditary. I also did a lot of oral (steroid) stuff for a few years off and on and wasn't 100% sure the right cycling therapy post. When I first got out of the Army, I was about 170-175. For about 2-3 years I was crazy on the weights, eating everything in site, and doing some sauce cycles. I shot up to as high as 217. That was my goal: to get bigger. Then I realized it was time to stop that trend as I would run out of breath up and down the stairs. Heavy weight wasn't for me.

I'll try to include a few more pics. Like I said, I know it's far from the serious cases of gyno. Yet, it was bothering me enough for years that I couldn't stand it. And anyone here who likes to stay fit and admires their body in a perfectionist approach would probably feel the same about some small imperfection. It was bothering me to the point where certain shirts wouldn't fit without a large spread stretch across my chest, and I hated the way they felt on my body.

When I was close to the 217lb mark:

*EDIT aghhhh, can't post pics until I hit the 50 post mark! I'll include them attachments I suppose...

Colin Gym Gypsum 2008.jpgColin Gypsum Gym 2008.jpgP5170124.jpgPhoto on 3-10-13 at 2.34 PM #2.jpgPhoto on 3-10-13 at 2.36 PM #9.jpg

And when I got toned back down, I just still hated my chest...

I know surgeons love to do surgery and get paid handsomely, but my doc did confirm it was gyno and I wanted the breast tissue gone. My regular doctor had me do blood work and a mammogram and confirmed to me it was gyno about 3 years ago and was just told to "deal with it" basically. Thank God for cosmetic surgery. I'll be really excited once it all heals up...

Little update.

(I wish I could post pictures for some feedback and just to have to accompany this thread.)

Pain and swelling is down, going on 2 weeks post-op. Got the drains removed earlier this week and that was a huge relief. Those things have got to be the most uncomfortable and painful (stitched into you) parts of this surgery. Then again, the compression vest...

And I'll be wearing it 24/7 until next week when I can take it off at night to sleep. It's a heck of a lot more comfortable than foam pads wrapped around with a big Ace bandage. However, it's really crappy quality, I feel, or not the right size for me because it only can get tight across the chest. The shoulder straps I have maxxed out and it just doesn't feel as snug as the nurse said it should. I mean it's tight, I just hope it's providing the right amount of compression.

The only thing that concerns me at this point is there seems to be some sort of dent or empty space where that breast tissue they removed used to be. I mean, if I had to guess where the tissue was, that seems to be where I'm noticing some strange indentation or cavity. It's slight, but it makes my pec just look a little funky. I Googled it and saw some people who DIDN'T go to a plastic surgeon for example and had breast tissue removed by a general surgeon who doesn't care about how it looks and only getting the tissue out and they have horrible looking pecs. It's certainly not that bad, it's just a little worrying to me. I really hope the doctor did the right thing and didn't remove too much stuff or something where now it's obvious of some sort of depression slightly in each of my pecs...

Thomas6241 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Thomas6241 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Thomas6241 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Thomas6241 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Thomas6241 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Thomas6241 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Thomas6241 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Thomas6241 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Thomas6241 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Thomas6241 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Thomas6241 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by chromedisguise View Post
    Yea, I know most might not see the gyno and I did say I know many who have had it worse and very noticeable. How did I get it? I don't exactly know, but I think it's somewhat hereditary. I also did a lot of oral (steroid) stuff for a few years off and on and wasn't 100% sure the right cycling therapy post.
    I'd go with the latter of the two that caused it lol