Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    Hippofist has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Hippofist has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Hippofist has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Hippofist has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Hippofist has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Hippofist has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Hippofist has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Hippofist has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Hippofist has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Hippofist has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Hippofist has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Just got told that I'm training wrong (rant :( )

I switched to Candito's 6 week cycle from SS and just got done doing a set of 157.5kg, 160kg, 162.5kg 3 reps each. These bunch of guys always **** talk me "All he does is squat, doesn't mean anything" etc.

This dude came up to me the other day to tell me "I won't grow or get stronger" from doing what I'm doing so I sent him a link of Candito at his last meet.
    So, he comes up to me again today and says "You know that video of that dude, you know he doesn't actually train like that. Like just doing squat and deadlifts.."
    How ****ing stupid. This dude who half squats 80kg is telling me what I'm doing is wrong. I go "This is exactly what he does, I'm doing his routine." The dude then goes "Yeah, I don't think so."

How does anyone deal with gym bro's? I'm straight up squatting and deadlifting more than them (just below/on par with their benches) after a year and all I ever hear is them putting me down from across the room.
    They are in straight up denial.

Sorry for the rant, I'm not sure this is even the right place for this thread I just really need to get it out of my system. I care so much about this and I just can't handle it when I'm constantly put down by a group of 30/40 year olds who are just **** at what they do but will refute it till they die.
    I know I should ignore it but I can't.

Lifts are at 180kg, 210kg, 95kg.

oklaiss will become famous soon enough. (+50) oklaiss will become famous soon enough. (+50) oklaiss will become famous soon enough. (+50) oklaiss will become famous soon enough. (+50) oklaiss will become famous soon enough. (+50) oklaiss will become famous soon enough. (+50) oklaiss will become famous soon enough. (+50) oklaiss will become famous soon enough. (+50) oklaiss will become famous soon enough. (+50) oklaiss will become famous soon enough. (+50) oklaiss will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Ignore or go to a different gym. Most of the time gym bros are too ignorant to be educated.
    PRs: Gym/Meet
    S: 320/325
    B: 255p/264
    D: 475/468
    Next Meet: Dallas, TX October 2015

ProMera Sponsored Log:
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=167184831&page=1

tylerkeen42 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) tylerkeen42 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) tylerkeen42 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) tylerkeen42 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) tylerkeen42 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) tylerkeen42 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) tylerkeen42 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) tylerkeen42 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) tylerkeen42 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) tylerkeen42 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) tylerkeen42 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank)
    I think headphones, making gains, and a polite way of saying "Go f*ck yourself" when they come over would be good for this situation. But honestly don't even worry about other people as they obviously have no idea what they're talking about. If they're actually annoying you that much read up about/ rant to them about the SAID principle and they'll probably be so confused they'll just leave the gym and never come back. Ok that probably won't happen but we can dream right? ;P

Just keep doing what you're doing and your progress will speak for itself, best of luck!
    Best Lifts:Gym/Meet
    Squat:455/405
    Bench:315/295
    Deadlift:505/500

jdubya275 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jdubya275 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jdubya275 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jdubya275 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jdubya275 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jdubya275 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jdubya275 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jdubya275 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jdubya275 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jdubya275 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jdubya275 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Are you sure they are always talking about you OP? Insecurity can be a hell of a thing. If they actually are talking about you it says more about them than you.

ajc1234 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ajc1234 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ajc1234 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ajc1234 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ajc1234 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ajc1234 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ajc1234 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ajc1234 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ajc1234 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ajc1234 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ajc1234 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    I lift at a gym that is more machines/cardio equipment then benches and squat racks. Plates are not round etc. I am one of the few who squats to depth and virtually no one deadlifts. But no one talks shot about it, I'm guessing these guys are just dicks, because no one seems to notice me working out and I don't notice them
    1st Meet Results: May 14, 2016
    Bodyweight: 199.3 lbs
    259/187.4/330.7 Total: 777.1 lbs

2nd Meet Results: October 15, 2016
    Bodyweight: 178.6 lbs
    297.6/198.4/352.7 Total: 848.7 lbs

Hippofist has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Hippofist has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Hippofist has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Hippofist has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Hippofist has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Hippofist has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Hippofist has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Hippofist has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Hippofist has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Hippofist has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Hippofist has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by oklaiss View Post
    Ignore or go to a different gym. Most of the time gym bros are too ignorant to be educated.
    Yeah, I'm just gonna go at a different time. There is no getting through to them.

Originally Posted by jdubya275 View Post
    Are you sure they are always talking about you OP? Insecurity can be a hell of a thing. If they actually are talking about you it says more about them than you.
    Yeah, I'm probably being a bit insecure. But I swear I can hear certain **** and the dude coming up to me again today doesn't help the insecurity either. :/

haroldhamersma is on a distinguished road. (+10) haroldhamersma is on a distinguished road. (+10) haroldhamersma is on a distinguished road. (+10) haroldhamersma is on a distinguished road. (+10) haroldhamersma is on a distinguished road. (+10) haroldhamersma is on a distinguished road. (+10) haroldhamersma is on a distinguished road. (+10) haroldhamersma is on a distinguished road. (+10) haroldhamersma is on a distinguished road. (+10) haroldhamersma is on a distinguished road. (+10) haroldhamersma is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    nahnahnah, tell these MOFOS to get the HELL outta your sight. Don't let them EVER put you down, stupid gay ****s.
    DePenIsVanJeZus
    Log: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=167022661&p=1352859421#post1352859421

TrettinR has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TrettinR has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TrettinR has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TrettinR has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TrettinR has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TrettinR has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TrettinR has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TrettinR has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TrettinR has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TrettinR has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TrettinR has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Two ways I tend to handle that situation depending on how ornery I'm feeling:
    1. Smile and nod. Ignore the person. Enjoy a good laugh at their expense
    2. Start drilling them with questions about what is the "right" way to do things and what makes it better and ask them how they've applied it to their own programming and asking them about their lifts. This will often expose more of their ignorance and just about always leads to more amusement.

Nearly all of the time I stick to #1 since it's quicker and I can get back to lifting. But #2 can be fun sometimes too. Like the kid who told me I squatted too frequently, I went on to learn that he only does curls standing up because he's an athlete and athletes do things on their feet and not while sitting. Science.
    There is no such thing as 'strong enough'

jdubya275 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jdubya275 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jdubya275 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jdubya275 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jdubya275 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jdubya275 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jdubya275 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jdubya275 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jdubya275 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jdubya275 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jdubya275 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by TrettinR View Post
    Like the kid who told me I squatted too frequently, I went on to learn that he only does curls standing up because he's an athlete and athletes do things on their feet and not while sitting. Science.
    Exactly why I bench while standing now. Gains for days.

Originally Posted by TrettinR View Post
    Two ways I tend to handle that situation depending on how ornery I'm feeling:
    1. Smile and nod. Ignore the person. Enjoy a good laugh at their expense
    2. Start drilling them with questions about what is the "right" way to do things and what makes it better and ask them how they've applied it to their own programming and asking them about their lifts. This will often expose more of their ignorance and just about always leads to more amusement.

Nearly all of the time I stick to #1 since it's quicker and I can get back to lifting. But #2 can be fun sometimes too. Like the kid who told me I squatted too frequently, I went on to learn that he only does curls standing up because he's an athlete and athletes do things on their feet and not while sitting. Science.
    Haha, everyone knows standing curls are better because of all that gravity resistance you get.

I really really appreciate all of the comments/support. I know whiny threads like mine are **** but I feel a bit better about it all now.

tylerkeen42 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) tylerkeen42 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) tylerkeen42 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) tylerkeen42 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) tylerkeen42 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) tylerkeen42 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) tylerkeen42 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) tylerkeen42 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) tylerkeen42 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) tylerkeen42 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) tylerkeen42 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank)
    Originally Posted by Hippofist View Post
    Haha, everyone knows standing curls are better because of all that gravity resistance you get.
    Nah bro if you wanna do a curl right you have to do it close to the ground because gravity gets weaker as you get higher up, so you aren't actually doing as much work. Lower elevation=more gainz

Rags85 is a name known to all. (+5000) Rags85 is a name known to all. (+5000) Rags85 is a name known to all. (+5000) Rags85 is a name known to all. (+5000) Rags85 is a name known to all. (+5000) Rags85 is a name known to all. (+5000) Rags85 is a name known to all. (+5000) Rags85 is a name known to all. (+5000) Rags85 is a name known to all. (+5000) Rags85 is a name known to all. (+5000) Rags85 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Exactly why I bench while standing now. Gains for days.
    legit loled at work. Repped.

OP, just ignore them. Use headphones all the time. That generally will make it more difficult for people to approach you, And you won't be able to hear what they are saying.

Also, you dont have to "get through to them". Why do you care about them at all in the first place.

Last resort, just tell them, "Look at the bar. It looks like I know what I'm doing more than you."

monkeybutter has a spectacular aura about. (+250) monkeybutter has a spectacular aura about. (+250) monkeybutter has a spectacular aura about. (+250) monkeybutter has a spectacular aura about. (+250) monkeybutter has a spectacular aura about. (+250) monkeybutter has a spectacular aura about. (+250) monkeybutter has a spectacular aura about. (+250) monkeybutter has a spectacular aura about. (+250) monkeybutter has a spectacular aura about. (+250) monkeybutter has a spectacular aura about. (+250) monkeybutter has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by ajc1234 View Post
    and virtually no one deadlifts. ,
    noticed you don't have a deadlift PR in your signature :P
    Strive for progress, not perfection.

Current log-
    Ansi Nutrition Xtreme Shock Sponsored Log:
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=155621053&p=1105840553#post1105840553

ErgoGenix Sponsored ErgoStack Log:
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=152260913

MuscleTech Sponsored Review:
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=152495813&p=1038742873#post1038742873

Originally Posted by tylerkeen42 View Post
    Nah bro if you wanna do a curl right you have to do it close to the ground because gravity gets weaker as you get higher up, so you aren't actually doing as much work. Lower elevation=more gainz
    Dude, you're right. Gonna be a horrid craze if it catches on. Just bro's everywhere lying on the floor with a spotter here and there teabagged on top of them.

Originally Posted by Rags85 View Post
    legit loled at work. Repped.

OP, just ignore them. Use headphones all the time. That generally will make it more difficult for people to approach you, And you won't be able to hear what they are saying.

Also, you dont have to "get through to them". Why do you care about them at all in the first place.

Last resort, just tell them, "Look at the bar. It looks like I know what I'm doing more than you."
    I care about them honestly because I'm insecure. I wanted to get through to them just so that they would leave me alone and respect me as much as everyone else in the gym. The problem comes from being bullied at school probably.

monkeybutter has a spectacular aura about. (+250) monkeybutter has a spectacular aura about. (+250) monkeybutter has a spectacular aura about. (+250) monkeybutter has a spectacular aura about. (+250) monkeybutter has a spectacular aura about. (+250) monkeybutter has a spectacular aura about. (+250) monkeybutter has a spectacular aura about. (+250) monkeybutter has a spectacular aura about. (+250) monkeybutter has a spectacular aura about. (+250) monkeybutter has a spectacular aura about. (+250) monkeybutter has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    brb moving to below sea level

Current log-
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=155621053&p=1105840553#post1105840553

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=152495813&p=1038742873#post1038742873

Originally Posted by monkeybutter View Post
    Moving to Everest. Totaling 4K at 36 pounds.

You found the secret! Aquaman's so jacked that no one's told him yet that he looks terrible in orange so it must work

Moving to Everest. Totaling 4K at 36 pounds.
    one sec digging a whole in the name of gainz

Current log-

ajc1234 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ajc1234 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ajc1234 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ajc1234 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ajc1234 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ajc1234 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ajc1234 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ajc1234 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ajc1234 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ajc1234 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ajc1234 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    noticed you don't have a deadlift PR in your signature :P
    haha don't know how to do it on my phone, but 315x1 and 275 3x6 are my PRs

Lexira has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Lexira has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Lexira has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Lexira has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Lexira has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Lexira has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Lexira has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Lexira has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Lexira has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Lexira has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Lexira has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    The issue arise that you have allowed someone else to interfere with your day and you allowed them to do that on daily basis. Rather than changing when you go to the gym as suggested my advice would be to step up and tell them to mind their own mother fuking business and not to bother you when you are training.

It seems that they are not knowledgeable and that all what they re doing is wasting time so, tell them to GTFO.

I allow people to give me one single advice the first time they talk to me, if they ever tried to do again I will put immediate stop to it.
    -"Your Finance Manager is stupid" - Lexira to Executive Officer.

-I am God's vengeance to ladies for what they do to men.

E-Tank is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) E-Tank is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) E-Tank is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) E-Tank is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) E-Tank is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) E-Tank is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) E-Tank is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) E-Tank is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) E-Tank is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) E-Tank is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) E-Tank is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    challenge them to a max tricep kickback competition for bragging rights

kmc06005 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) kmc06005 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) kmc06005 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) kmc06005 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) kmc06005 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) kmc06005 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) kmc06005 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) kmc06005 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) kmc06005 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) kmc06005 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) kmc06005 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Headphones and whatever music you are into. Then just nod approvingly anytime someone speaks to you, and go on about your business.

More weight is always more impressive... ShortDave

Bench is not rocket science, it's quite easy to perform... Fredrik Smulter

Youtube: www.youtube.com/channel/UCmVOUy3IyAVqR2bFCoKzffw/videos

My BP log: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=171116851

Originally Posted by Lexira View Post
    The issue arise that you have allowed someone else to interfere with your day and you allowed them to do that on daily basis. Rather than changing when you go to the gym as suggested my advice would be to step up and tell them to mind their own mother fuking business and not to bother you when you are training.
    You're right man. I just find it so awkward, like, I don't understand why anyone would just go up to someone to tell them they're doing something wrong when they aren't. It's the way he then just holds this stare. It's like a ****ing Golbat used confuse ray. I just don't know how to respond with anything other than directly contradicting what was said to me at the time.
    Nice squat video btw, I'm feeling that anabolic belt removal.
    Last edited by Hippofist; 02-18-2015 at 01:32 PM.

JohnnyRingo350 is a name known to all. (+5000) JohnnyRingo350 is a name known to all. (+5000) JohnnyRingo350 is a name known to all. (+5000) JohnnyRingo350 is a name known to all. (+5000) JohnnyRingo350 is a name known to all. (+5000) JohnnyRingo350 is a name known to all. (+5000) JohnnyRingo350 is a name known to all. (+5000) JohnnyRingo350 is a name known to all. (+5000) JohnnyRingo350 is a name known to all. (+5000) JohnnyRingo350 is a name known to all. (+5000) JohnnyRingo350 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    A total@A body weight
    Jesus, Powerlifting, Strongman, foggy mirrors.

You found the secret! Aquaman's so jacked that no one's told him yet that he looks terrible in orange so it must work
    look what you did, you went and hurt his feelings

Current log-

adpowah has a spectacular aura about. (+250) adpowah has a spectacular aura about. (+250) adpowah has a spectacular aura about. (+250) adpowah has a spectacular aura about. (+250) adpowah has a spectacular aura about. (+250) adpowah has a spectacular aura about. (+250) adpowah has a spectacular aura about. (+250) adpowah has a spectacular aura about. (+250) adpowah has a spectacular aura about. (+250) adpowah has a spectacular aura about. (+250) adpowah has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Honestly man, I'd look at this as an opportunity for personal growth. Simply put, there will always be people trying to offer you advice. Sometimes you will get good advice other times you won't. Sometimes they will be nice and sometimes they won't. You will need to develop the maturity and discernment so that you are neither slave to others' opinions or completely unreasonable to feedback.

Anyways get those personal growth gains.
    Recreational lifter, 5'8" @ 191lbs. Best gym lifts 385/260/405

cirion0000 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) cirion0000 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) cirion0000 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) cirion0000 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) cirion0000 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) cirion0000 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) cirion0000 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) cirion0000 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) cirion0000 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) cirion0000 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) cirion0000 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    I'm not strong by any stretch of the imagination, but I'm one of the top 3 squatters (of those I have seen at least) in my gym and I've only gotten harassed once by someone who said I was going to blow out my knees for going too deep. Just basically did the whole ^^ smile and nod thing suggested and ignored him. Now these days I just get complimented by people who are impressed by my depth and still being able to pile on plates on the bar and hit for reps. Don't know why but not really any strong squatters in my gym. Seen some insane benchers though.
    Gym best lifts
    Squat - 370 lb x 1 rep Strict OHP - 150 lb x 4 rep
    Bench Press - 270 lb x 1 rep Deadlift - 340 lb x 3 rep

Training Log:
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=166040681&p=1332331801#post1332331801

Clear Muscle Sponsored Log:
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=165842991&p=1328126481#post1328126481

4 touchdowns in one game FenderElectrics's Avatar
    FenderElectrics is a name known to all. (+5000) FenderElectrics is a name known to all. (+5000) FenderElectrics is a name known to all. (+5000) FenderElectrics is a name known to all. (+5000) FenderElectrics is a name known to all. (+5000) FenderElectrics is a name known to all. (+5000) FenderElectrics is a name known to all. (+5000) FenderElectrics is a name known to all. (+5000) FenderElectrics is a name known to all. (+5000) FenderElectrics is a name known to all. (+5000) FenderElectrics is a name known to all. (+5000)
    WTF kind of gyms do you all go to where these situations occur? Do you have a guy at your gym who tosses benches out of the squat rack too?

I go to a standard commercial gym and everyone there respects everyone else whether gym bro, cardio bunny or whatever. I generally am running some kind of sheiko routine so basically all I do is bench and squat and a lot and can't imagine someone ever saying anything negative about it to me at my gym. On the opposite end I've had a few tell me they respect how much work I put into the squat and even had a trainer film me to use for his clients.

I don't know maybe we are just a polite group at my gym.
    Log -> http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=153108621

Meet Results:
    352/220/407...979
    385/237/424...1046
    402/253/457...1112
    419/260/474...1153

"Be quick or be dead!" - Iron Maiden

\m/ >_< \m/

Originally Posted by FenderElectrics View Post
    WTF kind of gyms do you all go to where these situations occur? Do you have a guy at your gym who tosses benches out of the squat rack too?

I go to a standard commercial gym and everyone there respects everyone else whether gym bro, cardio bunny or whatever. I generally am running some kind of sheiko routine so basically all I do is bench and squat and a lot and can't imagine someone ever saying anything negative about it to me at my gym. On the opposite end I've had a few tell me they respect how much work I put into the squat and even had a trainer film me to use for his clients.

I don't know maybe we are just a polite group at my gym.
    Basically this. I've never really seve anyone go up to anyone and talk **** to them about what they're doing.