kel333 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Anyone in the beginning to train for competitions for 1st time?

Hi!
    Is there anyone on the forum who is just in the start of their journey of getting serious with working out and getting into actual being dedicated to lifting/bodybuilding to fulfill a goal of competing in competitions at some point (for myself, in the near future)?

I'm literally just in the first days of getting back into the gym after some considerable time, but overall I have been active through the most part of my life and have lifted here and there through out the years, but for the last 15 years, I have had the same thought of knowing that I want to compete in bodybuilding competitions... but life, along with fear and not having the confidence to actually get up on stage in front of others got in the way of my goal that I feel so strong about that I need to achieve.... this is not something that I have always "wanted".... it's something that I have always "needed". A current tragic loss in my life led me to "need" this to happen in my life right now. It's the only one option that is a part of who I have been for so long, that is being handed to me, as a way to get through life and to find myself again. If I only knew all those years when I kept trying and stopping and disappointing myself... that THERE WAS A REASON I WAS NOT MEANT TO GO THROUGH THIS BACK THEN....BECAUSE I NEED IT SO VERY MUCH NOW.

I'm looking to see if anyone wants to buddy up or start a group and make some new friends to keep motivated and informed while we do this together and figure it all out and actually get to the point of us going to competitions! Especially if there is anyone from Minnesota who would eventually want to compete for the first time together.

Thanks! Kelly

Tmax55 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Tmax55 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Tmax55 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Tmax55 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Tmax55 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Tmax55 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Tmax55 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Tmax55 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Tmax55 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Tmax55 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Tmax55 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Good luck with this. I'm a Wisconsin boy who is contemplating competing, but I fear it since I really am natty, which means I look very small at low bodyfat.
    Its not enough!

WiseGuyFSU is on a distinguished road. (+10) WiseGuyFSU is on a distinguished road. (+10) WiseGuyFSU is on a distinguished road. (+10) WiseGuyFSU is on a distinguished road. (+10) WiseGuyFSU is on a distinguished road. (+10) WiseGuyFSU is on a distinguished road. (+10) WiseGuyFSU is on a distinguished road. (+10) WiseGuyFSU is on a distinguished road. (+10) WiseGuyFSU is on a distinguished road. (+10) WiseGuyFSU is on a distinguished road. (+10) WiseGuyFSU is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I had a chance at competing during my college years but things weren't meant to be. During my junior year I was unfortunately involved in a car accident (passenger) about 4 weeks out which derailed my progress majorly. I actually spent the next few years making excuses on why I couldn't get back into that shape, or why I would never go down that path again. Fast forward about 14 years the excuses are gone and I've made a commitment to better myself for a number of positive reasons. The most important of those reasons are to be healthy and active to spend time with my wife and chase around my 3 amazing young ones. I stepped back into the gym around June of last year and things have been going great since then.

I recently had a conversation with my wife around "what if I were to make an attempt at stepping on stage." Of course the first thought that crossed my mind was, good lord am I having a mid life crisis for even considering this? The truth of the matter is I needed to set a long term achievable goal for myself and after much consideration I've decided push my body to compete in late 2015 or early 2016. I recently hired a wonderful and well known coach to guide me along the way. The only thing standing in my way would be myself... and yes I do have those thoughts of "Am I going to embarrass myself on stage!!!"

If you're looking to start a motivational group then count me in. It never hurts to surround yourself with positive influences.
    ----------------------------------------------
    Creating progress one Meal at a time

Okay guys... I just made a group for us... & anyone else that wants to join.
    I just tried posting the link, but it won't let me. You have to search for "Starting to Train for Competitions"
    We'll talk in there!

Registered User TiberiusClaudis's Avatar
    TiberiusClaudis has a spectacular aura about. (+250) TiberiusClaudis has a spectacular aura about. (+250) TiberiusClaudis has a spectacular aura about. (+250) TiberiusClaudis has a spectacular aura about. (+250) TiberiusClaudis has a spectacular aura about. (+250) TiberiusClaudis has a spectacular aura about. (+250) TiberiusClaudis has a spectacular aura about. (+250) TiberiusClaudis has a spectacular aura about. (+250) TiberiusClaudis has a spectacular aura about. (+250) TiberiusClaudis has a spectacular aura about. (+250) TiberiusClaudis has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Kel...I was where you were at about 2 years ago. Always had desire to get down to a single digit BF. I set 8% as my goal. When I got to that level one of the Personal Trainers at my gym asked if I had ever competed. I shook my head and said nay. And he said you should.. you have potential, just need to get more ripped. So I talked it over with my best friend and he was like you may never get this low in BF again..why not? So I spent the next 12 weeks getting down to 5%. Which by pro standards is still high but for me it was amazing how I looked. Went to 3 shows and won my division in each one. Had an absolute blast. The people back stage are simply incredible and I've made some life long friends. I'd highly recommend it to anyone that is even thinking of it.

It's not easy by any means but the feeling when you walk on stage is priceless!
    And when Caesar reached the Oceanside, he wept. As there were no more worlds to conquer.

I have a hard time deciphering the fine line between boredom and hunger.

Thanks for the motivation! Congrats you what you accomplished!

2nd_chance has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) 2nd_chance has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) 2nd_chance has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) 2nd_chance has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) 2nd_chance has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) 2nd_chance has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) 2nd_chance has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) 2nd_chance has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) 2nd_chance has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) 2nd_chance has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) 2nd_chance has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Originally Posted by TiberiusClaudis View Post
    Kel...I was where you were at about 2 years ago. Always had desire to get down to a single digit BF. I set 8% as my goal. When I got to that level one of the Personal Trainers at my gym asked if I had ever competed. I shook my head and said nay. And he said you should.. you have potential, just need to get more ripped. So I talked it over with my best friend and he was like you may never get this low in BF again..why not? So I spent the next 12 weeks getting down to 5%. Which by pro standards is still high but for me it was amazing how I looked. Went to 3 shows and won my division in each one. Had an absolute blast. The people back stage are simply incredible and I've made some life long friends. I'd highly recommend it to anyone that is even thinking of it.

It's not easy by any means but the feeling when you walk on stage is priceless!
    A legit 5% is not high.
    David