Softmuscled is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Softmuscled is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Softmuscled is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Softmuscled is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Softmuscled is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Softmuscled is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Softmuscled is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Softmuscled is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Softmuscled is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Softmuscled is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Softmuscled is a jewel in the rough. (+500)

chin ups on doors?

I now got a bench, alot of plates, barbells, dumbells, squat rack and i can work any muscle the same way i do at the gym cept im a home. This is because the only gym that accepts people at my age in my area is far away and i can only get there 3 times a week in the school year.. so until i can drive im going to have to workout at home. I dont really mind it as i can have even better workouts at home. The only thing i cant do is lats. I live in a new house which is made up of mostly hollow walls, thus we cant intall a chinup bar. My basement is full of things so no room in there too. So could i still make gains chinning on a door? I have tried it today and it seemed like on a chin up bar... so i guess its like the same. Anyone do this?

Liquid is on a distinguished road. (+10) Liquid is on a distinguished road. (+10) Liquid is on a distinguished road. (+10) Liquid is on a distinguished road. (+10) Liquid is on a distinguished road. (+10) Liquid is on a distinguished road. (+10) Liquid is on a distinguished road. (+10) Liquid is on a distinguished road. (+10) Liquid is on a distinguished road. (+10) Liquid is on a distinguished road. (+10) Liquid is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    like you mean hanging on the top of the door? on gripping to ledge on top of the door and hanging in the door way?

fatrat_uk is on a distinguished road. (+10) fatrat_uk is on a distinguished road. (+10) fatrat_uk is on a distinguished road. (+10) fatrat_uk is on a distinguished road. (+10) fatrat_uk is on a distinguished road. (+10) fatrat_uk is on a distinguished road. (+10) fatrat_uk is on a distinguished road. (+10) fatrat_uk is on a distinguished road. (+10) fatrat_uk is on a distinguished road. (+10) fatrat_uk is on a distinguished road. (+10) fatrat_uk is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    If you're grabbing the thin edge of the door frame you'll need a lot of grip strength.
    ''If You Fail To TRY, You TRY To Fail.''

Has Muscle Dysmorphia!!!! jonnyb's Avatar
    jonnyb has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jonnyb has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jonnyb has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jonnyb has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jonnyb has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jonnyb has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jonnyb has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jonnyb has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jonnyb has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jonnyb has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jonnyb has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    You might snap the door off the hinges. If it's weak wood that could snap.

Aside from that, just watch you don't drop down testicles first on the doornob
    Years Bodybuilding: 4 off and on
    Height: 5'7"
    Weight: 165lbs
    B/F:8.9%
    Supplements: Whey Isolate, Quickmass, Maltodextrin

Favorite Bodybuilders: Ahmad Haidar, Gustavo Badell, Lee Priest

Super Senior Member wannagetmuscle's Avatar
    wannagetmuscle has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) wannagetmuscle has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) wannagetmuscle has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) wannagetmuscle has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) wannagetmuscle has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) wannagetmuscle has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) wannagetmuscle has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) wannagetmuscle has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) wannagetmuscle has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) wannagetmuscle has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) wannagetmuscle has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Those work if you are short. Othrwise, they don't.

You say u have a hollow wall? You can fasten a ledger board horizontally with lag bolts to the studs and then fasten the pullup bar to it.

Striation is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Striation is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Striation is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Striation is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Striation is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Striation is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Striation is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Striation is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Striation is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Striation is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Striation is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally posted by wannagetmuscle
    Those work if you are short. Othrwise, they don't.
    Most people aren't 6'5".

Serpent Boy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    My friend didn't hurt himself but could have. One day last summer he was doing door-way chinuips and all of a sudden I heard a SNAP and his body hitting the floor. LOL. Thewooden frame he gripped broke off, theres only a couple nails holding it there. if you were planning on using the door itself, I doubt it'll hold long either.

I'm stuck doing lats too.
    STATS: 2 month newbie; 15 y/o; 5'9"; body weight 170.5lbs (started @ 185lbs in Sept.)

5atanic will become famous soon enough. (+50) 5atanic will become famous soon enough. (+50) 5atanic will become famous soon enough. (+50) 5atanic will become famous soon enough. (+50) 5atanic will become famous soon enough. (+50) 5atanic will become famous soon enough. (+50) 5atanic will become famous soon enough. (+50) 5atanic will become famous soon enough. (+50) 5atanic will become famous soon enough. (+50) 5atanic will become famous soon enough. (+50) 5atanic will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I just do chins on mah shower doors. The edges are quite sharp so I would wrap some cloth around it to soften it a bit. Then I just fire away! (Depends on what kind of shower doors you have, it may or may not have the wide thingo.. hard to explain )

littlebuffman is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) littlebuffman is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) littlebuffman is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) littlebuffman is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) littlebuffman is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) littlebuffman is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) littlebuffman is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) littlebuffman is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) littlebuffman is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) littlebuffman is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) littlebuffman is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    when i can't make it to the gym i do pullups at home hanging from the edge of the balcony, from down in the backyard i kinda jump up and hold onto the wooden board and then jump back down after my set, its just as good as a chin bar.
    T 1 D

D&G has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) D&G has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) D&G has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) D&G has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) D&G has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) D&G has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) D&G has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) D&G has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) D&G has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) D&G has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) D&G has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Surely you can find a tree somewhere.
    "my grocery bill looks like a ransom note"

kamal has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    u could try doing pullovers with ure weights, that might work for lats, im assuming. ???

Softmuscled is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Softmuscled is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Softmuscled is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Softmuscled is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Softmuscled is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Softmuscled is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Softmuscled is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Softmuscled is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Softmuscled is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Softmuscled is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Softmuscled is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    well, i am pretty creative, thats why i dont need the gym, i found alot of things i can do at home. before i got the bench, i could still have a full chest workout (too long to explain how). From what i see, i can do chinups on the door pretty easily, just have to wear those weightlifitng gloves because it hurts on the fingers. I might get a chinup bar that goes ON the door, i think that might work. Thanks for all the help.

banned has a spectacular aura about. (+250) banned has a spectacular aura about. (+250) banned has a spectacular aura about. (+250) banned has a spectacular aura about. (+250) banned has a spectacular aura about. (+250) banned has a spectacular aura about. (+250) banned has a spectacular aura about. (+250) banned has a spectacular aura about. (+250) banned has a spectacular aura about. (+250) banned has a spectacular aura about. (+250) banned has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    when i do chins at home i use the metal doorframe.
    There are no good and bad; no right and wrong. There were effective actions and ineffective actions, socially acceptable and unacceptable behaviour, wise and stupid decisions to be made. But if you wanted to achieve maximum sefl-realisation, you had to understand that any choice you made was entirely value neutral. Morality was a primitive concept, useful in earlier stages of societal evolution, perhaps, but without relevance in the modern age.

entweichen has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) entweichen has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) entweichen has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)

Re: chin ups on doors?

Originally posted by Softmuscled
    I live in a new house which is made up of mostly hollow walls, thus we cant intall a chinup bar.
    http://www.newyorkbarbells.com/02001.html

rurkster has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) rurkster has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) rurkster has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) rurkster has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    By the sounds of it, couldn't you do barbell rows, or/and one-arm dumbel rows??

Message Board King holyshinto63's Avatar
    holyshinto63 will become famous soon enough. (+50) holyshinto63 will become famous soon enough. (+50) holyshinto63 will become famous soon enough. (+50) holyshinto63 will become famous soon enough. (+50) holyshinto63 will become famous soon enough. (+50) holyshinto63 will become famous soon enough. (+50) holyshinto63 will become famous soon enough. (+50) holyshinto63 will become famous soon enough. (+50) holyshinto63 will become famous soon enough. (+50) holyshinto63 will become famous soon enough. (+50) holyshinto63 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally posted by rurkster
    By the sounds of it, couldn't you do barbell rows, or/and one-arm dumbel rows??
    no, you should include chin ups/pull ups in your back routine.
    and what exactly is a dream, and what exactly is a joke?

AniMaLiZeD has a spectacular aura about. (+250) AniMaLiZeD has a spectacular aura about. (+250) AniMaLiZeD has a spectacular aura about. (+250) AniMaLiZeD has a spectacular aura about. (+250) AniMaLiZeD has a spectacular aura about. (+250) AniMaLiZeD has a spectacular aura about. (+250) AniMaLiZeD has a spectacular aura about. (+250) AniMaLiZeD has a spectacular aura about. (+250) AniMaLiZeD has a spectacular aura about. (+250) AniMaLiZeD has a spectacular aura about. (+250) AniMaLiZeD has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally posted by D&G
    Surely you can find a tree somewhere.
    Tree, lol.

That's hardcore.

rurkster has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) rurkster has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) rurkster has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) rurkster has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally posted by holyshinto63
    no, you should include chin ups/pull ups in your back routine.
    I didn't say he shouldn't -- chins are a crucial part of a good back.

Jcfreak_02 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Jcfreak_02 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Jcfreak_02 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Jcfreak_02 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Jcfreak_02 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Jcfreak_02 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Jcfreak_02 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Jcfreak_02 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Jcfreak_02 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Jcfreak_02 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Jcfreak_02 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    I assume you are talking about on the door frame. On the door is really uncomfortable. The doorframe worked fine except for the sounds that I was pulling the frame off the wall cause I weigh too much. If you are a light weight the doorframe could proboly handle it just fine.
    God is bigger than you
    Christianity isn't just a belief, it is a lifestyle.
    "Whoever claims to live in him must walk as Jesus did"- 1 John 2:6