Jon12345 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Jon12345 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Jon12345 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Jon12345 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Jon12345 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Jon12345 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Jon12345 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

How long to get strength back?

I have done very little exercise for the last 5 years and have lost over half my strength on a deadlift. Five years ago, I was doing 3 weights sessions a week and 3 cardio. I did that for 1.5 years.

How long is it likely to take to get back to a similar level of strength? Another 1.5 years if I was doing the same 6 days per week routine?

Thanks,

Jon
    Jon Lawrance

Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by Jon12345 View Post
    I have done very little exercise for the last 5 years and have lost over half my strength on a deadlift. Five years ago, I was doing 3 weights sessions a week and 3 cardio. I did that for 1.5 years.

How long is it likely to take to get back to a similar level of strength? Another 1.5 years if I was doing the same 6 days per week routine?

Thanks,

Jon
    I took ten years off. Squats and deads came back within a year bench is progressing slower but getting close at just over a year. It's much faster the second time around than initial strength gains imo. Muscle memory or just knowing what you need to do to progress it comes back quickly when rest and diet are in order.

Registered User TiberiusClaudis's Avatar
    TiberiusClaudis has a spectacular aura about. (+250) TiberiusClaudis has a spectacular aura about. (+250) TiberiusClaudis has a spectacular aura about. (+250) TiberiusClaudis has a spectacular aura about. (+250) TiberiusClaudis has a spectacular aura about. (+250) TiberiusClaudis has a spectacular aura about. (+250) TiberiusClaudis has a spectacular aura about. (+250) TiberiusClaudis has a spectacular aura about. (+250) TiberiusClaudis has a spectacular aura about. (+250) TiberiusClaudis has a spectacular aura about. (+250) TiberiusClaudis has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    I took about 15 years off...took me 6 months to get in decent shape...18 months of working out hard to get back to my peak...now 3 years in, I'm farther ahead than I was 18 years ago. Due to being smarter about diet/exercise and more dedicated. Stick to it and you will be amazed with the results.
    And when Caesar reached the Oceanside, he wept. As there were no more worlds to conquer.

I have a hard time deciphering the fine line between boredom and hunger.

smblkolds will become famous soon enough. (+50) smblkolds will become famous soon enough. (+50) smblkolds will become famous soon enough. (+50) smblkolds will become famous soon enough. (+50) smblkolds will become famous soon enough. (+50) smblkolds will become famous soon enough. (+50) smblkolds will become famous soon enough. (+50) smblkolds will become famous soon enough. (+50) smblkolds will become famous soon enough. (+50) smblkolds will become famous soon enough. (+50) smblkolds will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I didnt take time "off" but have been doing a real light dumbell based routine for the past 10 years or so. I got weak doing that. (weak on the big three). I used to be strong. Middle age crisis hit. Im going to get my strength back by going on a 531 program. Never did a program before. Its a slow progression that re-sets the working weights low and has moderate increases but I think thats best for slightly older guys. Im even thinking of doing a meet. But maybe you would be best off doing a 5x5 or something like that at first because your gains will come back pretty quick at first. Then when you stall, hit an organized program. I have always hated programs but "winging it" just didnt do it anymore. Or you can join a powerlifting gym and get a trainer if you have the time and money. I dont. Good luck. Check back in and tell us what you are doing and how progress goes.
    Tom