bikinigubben has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

7-day workout program

Hi!

I've been training for the past 5 months and I just love it. Recently I started training 7 days a week. When I read about training 7 days a week online almost everyone says it's stupid. I've not felt any bad from this, I eat enough food I must say and I eat enough protein.

This is my program, please come with some improvments etc.
    Monday: Back
    Tuesday: Abs
    Wednesday: Chest
    Thursday: Legs and calves
    Friday: Biceps and triceps
    Saturday: Abs
    Sunday: Shoulders

Common sense/moderation. gbullock32's Avatar
    gbullock32 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbullock32 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbullock32 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbullock32 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbullock32 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbullock32 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbullock32 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbullock32 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbullock32 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbullock32 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbullock32 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Select a proven beginner routine, these are made to give the best results, some good routines would be-

Starting Strength - http://startingstrength.com/

BabyLover's Starting Strength - http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...hp?t=135564721

AllPro's Beginner Routine - http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=4195843

StrongLifts 5x5 - http://stronglifts.com/5x5/

IceCream Fitness 5x5 - http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...hp?t=148036063

Fierce 5 - http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...hp?t=159678631

Coolcicada's Push/Pull/Legs - http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...hp?t=149807833

Read into those and pick the one you like best.
    Short cuts to success are often paved with lies.
    1/13/16: Massive hernia.
    5/10/16: Finally back to lifting, light but improving.

Why Teens shouldn't cut/Lack of progress thread- http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=169272763&p=1397509823#post1397509823

Thanks for your reply, but it isn't that I don't know how I should train, I just don't know if it's stupid to train 7 days a week. I've always trained in different ways, so, why is it that stupid to train 7 days a week? I get enough rest, i eat right.

BoB335 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BoB335 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BoB335 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BoB335 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BoB335 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BoB335 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BoB335 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BoB335 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BoB335 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BoB335 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BoB335 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by bikinigubben View Post
    Thanks for your reply, but it isn't that I don't know how I should train, I just don't know if it's stupid to train 7 days a week. I've always trained in different ways, so, why is it that stupid to train 7 days a week? I get enough rest, i eat right.
    I love it when people come on here with a legitimate question and get a good answer but they don't like the answer and continue to defend what they want to believe. It's like you really wanted a stamp of approval for what you are doing.

You got some great suggestions. But I have one more for you. Go and read the first two pages of a thread called Full Body vs Splits Routine in the stickies to learn WHY you shouldn't be doing what you are doing. Learn about volume and recovery and learn how and why muscles get larger and stronger during the recovery phase. Learn how a muscle needs to stimulated more frequently to grow.

What you are doing is WAY better and effective than sitting on a couch but you can gain more muscle and strength if you listen to those who have been there before US and have the knowledge and willingness to help US. So either be willing to learn or just keep doing what you are doing and don't bother asking questions.
    Like new TDS rack, 200lbs of Jade Oly plates and a 5' bar for $200
    A MINT Paramount incline/decline bench for $90
    A Weider Standard curl bar, one dumbbell and 90lbs of standard chrome weights for $60
    Another 245lbs of IGX Oly plates for $160
    Plate tree for $30
    and a MINT Body Solid knee raise/dip station for $100
    New 7' bar from Amazon for $127 delivered

Total $767 all off Craig's List except the 7' bar. Probably would not have gotten the curl bar and weights (maybe)

Originally Posted by BoB335 View Post
    I love it when people come on here with a legitimate question and get a good answer but they don't like the answer and continue to defend what they want to believe. It's like you really wanted a stamp of approval for what you are doing.

You got some great suggestions. But I have one more for you. Go and read the first two pages of a thread called Full Body vs Splits Routine in the stickies to learn WHY you shouldn't be doing what you are doing. Learn about volume and recovery and learn how and why muscles get larger and stronger during the recovery phase. Learn how a muscle needs to stimulated more frequently to grow.

What you are doing is WAY better and effective than sitting on a couch but you can gain more muscle and strength if you listen to those who have been there before US and have the knowledge and willingness to help US. So either be willing to learn or just keep doing what you are doing and don't bother asking questions.
    Okey, I didn't mean to sound offensive but I just wanted a good argument why you shouldn't train 7 days a week. Thanks for the tip, I'll look at that thread!

SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz
    The main problem is that you are only using a muscle group once a week. It's almost certainly better to work them more like 2-3 times a week.

In answer to your question, it's not necessarily bad but it's a strong indication to me that you aren't doing enough total workload each time.

I suggest trying something like ICF5x5 - when the weights start to ramp up, you will think that 3x a week is enough.

TheViking1992 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TheViking1992 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TheViking1992 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TheViking1992 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TheViking1992 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TheViking1992 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TheViking1992 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TheViking1992 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TheViking1992 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TheViking1992 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TheViking1992 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    This is my program, please come with some improvments etc.
    Monday: Back
    Tuesday: Abs
    Wednesday: Chest
    Thursday: Legs and calves
    Friday: Biceps and triceps
    Saturday: Abs
    Sunday: Shoulders
    Nobody... and repeat... Nobody needs seperate for abs and arms. The most I'd ever support is a 4 day split, but that's for highly advanced trainees, who handle too much weight to train frequently. And you're only 16... get your ass on a simple novice program like Fierce 5 or ICF 5, and gain some mass and strength.

PaulRivers is a jewel in the rough. (+500) PaulRivers is a jewel in the rough. (+500) PaulRivers is a jewel in the rough. (+500) PaulRivers is a jewel in the rough. (+500) PaulRivers is a jewel in the rough. (+500) PaulRivers is a jewel in the rough. (+500) PaulRivers is a jewel in the rough. (+500) PaulRivers is a jewel in the rough. (+500) PaulRivers is a jewel in the rough. (+500) PaulRivers is a jewel in the rough. (+500) PaulRivers is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    When you work your muscles out, that causes them to wear and get weaker. The actual increase in strength occurs when your muscles are repaired. On average it takes around 48 hours for your muscles to get repaired before it's time to work them out again.

The drawback of what you're doing is that you could be working them out more often. You could be doing a 3 day program and making faster gains. I mean to be fair, some people find going to the gym more often to be more motivating, and it's fine as long as you aren't working the same muscles 2 days in a row.

Usually it's also good to have 1 pure rest day. Probably not a problem with your low stress series of workouts there, but it's just a good idea in general.

Dan3317 is a name known to all. (+5000) Dan3317 is a name known to all. (+5000) Dan3317 is a name known to all. (+5000) Dan3317 is a name known to all. (+5000) Dan3317 is a name known to all. (+5000) Dan3317 is a name known to all. (+5000) Dan3317 is a name known to all. (+5000) Dan3317 is a name known to all. (+5000) Dan3317 is a name known to all. (+5000) Dan3317 is a name known to all. (+5000) Dan3317 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Your body can handle 7 days a week training because, no offense, you aren't strong enough to fully fatigue your CNS. Also, being young and having fast recovery means you need to take advantage of hitting muscle groups more than once a week, you're inevitably selling yourself short hitting them once per week, and like I said before, you aren't strong enough to cause enough damage to your muscles to cause them to need 7 days to rest.

Everybody loves training, most of us would be in the gym 7 days per week if it was optimal but it simply isn't for naturals. Even Arnold, Ronnie Coleman, and Frank Zane lifted 6 days per week, and they were pumped full of drugs. You should put that into perspective.

You need a routine that focuses on linear progression for the compound lifts, this is how you can bigger. Gaining 50-100 pounds on your bench press in a few months at your experience is going to cause greater mass gains on your chest/shoulders/arms than doing cable flies and lateral raises until you're blue in the face.

I made the mistake when I first started when I was 15, of doing 6 day splits filled with isolation movements and supersets and didn't gain anything until I starting reading about the "Starting Strength" 3 day per week program and followed that to a T. My gains came so fast that I have stretch marks on my outer pecs that are still there today. Today, there are better beginner programs than SS, such as Fierce 5 and Allpros, which I'd recommend over SS now due to balance.
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=172590831 <<< New training log as of 10/7/16

Working diligently for a 405 bench.