Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    NorwichGrad has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NorwichGrad has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NorwichGrad has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NorwichGrad has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NorwichGrad has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NorwichGrad has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NorwichGrad has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NorwichGrad has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NorwichGrad has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NorwichGrad has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NorwichGrad has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)

Females to Enter US Army Ranger School

This above all..
    To thine ownself be true..
    And it must follow, as the night the day..
    Thou can'st not then be false to any man..
    -----------------------------------------------
    Bros, my Weightlifters and Powerlifters are my credentials.

Brackneyc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Brackneyc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Brackneyc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Brackneyc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Brackneyc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Brackneyc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Brackneyc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Brackneyc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Brackneyc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Brackneyc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Brackneyc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Good luck ladies.
    If you poke a bear in the eye, expect a bear like response.

philipj is a jewel in the rough. (+500) philipj is a jewel in the rough. (+500) philipj is a jewel in the rough. (+500) philipj is a jewel in the rough. (+500) philipj is a jewel in the rough. (+500) philipj is a jewel in the rough. (+500) philipj is a jewel in the rough. (+500) philipj is a jewel in the rough. (+500) philipj is a jewel in the rough. (+500) philipj is a jewel in the rough. (+500) philipj is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    As a veteran let me assure you this is a total waste of your tax dollars, plus injuries to females we will pay for the next 30+ years via VA.
    Do what's right.

NorwichGrad has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NorwichGrad has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NorwichGrad has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NorwichGrad has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NorwichGrad has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NorwichGrad has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NorwichGrad has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NorwichGrad has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NorwichGrad has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NorwichGrad has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NorwichGrad has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    You guys know what this means.

Next stop for our politicians' continual social experiment is SEALs.
    This above all..

dipworm is just really nice. (+1000) dipworm is just really nice. (+1000) dipworm is just really nice. (+1000) dipworm is just really nice. (+1000) dipworm is just really nice. (+1000) dipworm is just really nice. (+1000) dipworm is just really nice. (+1000) dipworm is just really nice. (+1000) dipworm is just really nice. (+1000) dipworm is just really nice. (+1000) dipworm is just really nice. (+1000)

Thumbs down

i remember the commo and supply men that served in my battery. co-ed basic and ait. couldnt do 50 pushups or situps and shuffle 5 miles.

BootneckBrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BootneckBrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BootneckBrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BootneckBrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BootneckBrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BootneckBrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BootneckBrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BootneckBrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BootneckBrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BootneckBrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BootneckBrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Women can be extremely fit and strong.

This does not mean they will be effective soldiers.

It's as much psychologically challenging as it is physically, both training and ops.

No disrespect to females, but elite units who WILL have to close with and kill the enemy, are not their place in the armed forces.

Apart from resistance fighters during world wars, and religiously and politically indoctrinated fanatics (generally terrorists/insurgents) it's been tried, tested and proven to be a huge fail.
    Per Mare Per Terram crew*
    No ********/twitter/oestrogen network crew*
    Rugby league crew*
    Matchmaker @ 72 virgins dating service crew*

hindes204 is a name known to all. (+5000) hindes204 is a name known to all. (+5000) hindes204 is a name known to all. (+5000) hindes204 is a name known to all. (+5000) hindes204 is a name known to all. (+5000) hindes204 is a name known to all. (+5000) hindes204 is a name known to all. (+5000) hindes204 is a name known to all. (+5000) hindes204 is a name known to all. (+5000) hindes204 is a name known to all. (+5000) hindes204 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    So with this movement going this way, then it means all able bodied women at the age of 18 need to register for the draft, right???????

JediRN has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JediRN has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JediRN has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JediRN has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JediRN has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JediRN has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JediRN has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JediRN has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JediRN has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JediRN has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JediRN has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I think that this might be the Army's way of giving feminists enough rope to hang themselves.
    A man who views the world the same at 50 as he did at 20 has wasted 30 years of his life.

Muhammad Ali

crupiea has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) crupiea has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) crupiea has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) crupiea has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) crupiea has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) crupiea has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) crupiea has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) crupiea has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) crupiea has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) crupiea has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) crupiea has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    If they want to be equal then they should shave their heads like the men do when they go to basic. Why is it they dont have to?

Please no references to gi jane, that was a fictional movie.
    "To be a warrior is not a simple matter of wishing to be one. It is rather an endless struggle that will go on to the very last moment of our lives. Nobody is born a warrior, in exactly the same way that nobody is born an average man. We make ourselves into one or the other."-- Carlos Castaneda

grouchyjarhead has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) grouchyjarhead has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) grouchyjarhead has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) grouchyjarhead has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) grouchyjarhead has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) grouchyjarhead has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) grouchyjarhead has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) grouchyjarhead has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) grouchyjarhead has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) grouchyjarhead has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) grouchyjarhead has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I have never had women in my unit while I was in the Marine Corps, but I have had encounters with them in the fleet while I was in.

Though I know of and am sure there are plenty of excellent female Marines and soldiers, this social experiment is doomed to fail and the government knows it. The UK has already tried this and it failed miserably. It's nothing against the mental will and determination of the female, it's rather the standards are far tougher on them physically which greatly increases their chances of injury. Female service members already have a high injury rate in the lower extremities from the mileage put on them, so now making them have to meet male standards is unrealistic and detrimental to their health and well-being.

Has new batteries! DuracellBunny's Avatar
    DuracellBunny has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) DuracellBunny has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) DuracellBunny has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) DuracellBunny has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) DuracellBunny has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) DuracellBunny has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) DuracellBunny has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) DuracellBunny has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) DuracellBunny has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) DuracellBunny has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) DuracellBunny has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    I'm not military, so I could be completely wrong, but haven't the IDF (Israeli Defence Force) done this with some degree of success?
    Screw nature; my body will do what I DAMN WELL tell it to do!

The only dangerous thing about an exercise is the person doing it.

They had the technology to rebuild me. They made me better, stronger, faster......

Brackneyc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Brackneyc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Brackneyc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Brackneyc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Brackneyc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Brackneyc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Brackneyc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Brackneyc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Brackneyc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Brackneyc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Brackneyc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by eomrat View Post

I am in favor of dead terrorists. I couldn't give a rats ass if the person killing them has a penis or not.
    Me too. I'd suggest that in the end, through all the training, the Rangers for the most part, will still have penises.

grouchyjarhead has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) grouchyjarhead has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) grouchyjarhead has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) grouchyjarhead has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) grouchyjarhead has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) grouchyjarhead has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) grouchyjarhead has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) grouchyjarhead has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) grouchyjarhead has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) grouchyjarhead has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) grouchyjarhead has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by DuracellBunny View Post
    I'm not military, so I could be completely wrong, but haven't the IDF (Israeli Defence Force) done this with some degree of success?
    They do have a co-ed battalion, the Caracal Bn, of which the large majority is female. They essentially do border guard and are not really a front line unit, and are relatively untested. They'd had a few minor incidents, but no major campaigns or battles.

Has new batteries! DuracellBunny's Avatar
    DuracellBunny has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) DuracellBunny has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) DuracellBunny has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) DuracellBunny has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) DuracellBunny has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) DuracellBunny has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) DuracellBunny has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) DuracellBunny has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) DuracellBunny has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) DuracellBunny has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) DuracellBunny has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by grouchyjarhead View Post
    They do have a co-ed battalion, the Caracal Bn, of which the large majority is female. They essentially do border guard and are not really a front line unit, and are relatively untested. They'd had a few minor incidents, but no major campaigns or battles.
    Thanks.

I knew I had heard something, but it's not exactly my area of expertise.
    Screw nature; my body will do what I DAMN WELL tell it to do!

The only dangerous thing about an exercise is the person doing it.

They had the technology to rebuild me. They made me better, stronger, faster......

somedude999 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) somedude999 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) somedude999 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) somedude999 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) somedude999 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) somedude999 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) somedude999 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) somedude999 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) somedude999 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) somedude999 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) somedude999 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    We've allowed women into the combat arms since 1999 and I've fought alongside a few of them in Afghanistan. Over the years a few were killed in combat and once the media shock of the first female killed in combat* wore off additional female deaths didn't merit much special treatment.

(* For those who're curious, she was a forward observer and took an RPG round to the head)

Further, although we've allowed women in combat rolls for the last 25 years there are still very few of them. The process tends to be self-selecting and most are smart enough to know there's better jobs in the military than the combat arms. To date I've personally met exactly 4 female infantrymen, 1 infantry officer, 1 engineer, and probably 8-10 artillerymen. To the best of my knowledge we have no women employed as special operations assaulters or operators, although there is nothing stopping them from applying. There are a number of women in SOF who serve as support.

Truthfully, from my perspective gender is a non-issue since I tend to employ people based on capability instead of appearance. If women have what it takes to pass selection then they should go for it, but in no way should standards be dropped to help fill quotas.

IMO/YMMV.
    Disclaimer: I am not an expert.

Mark1T has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mark1T has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mark1T has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mark1T has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mark1T has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mark1T has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mark1T has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mark1T has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mark1T has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mark1T has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mark1T has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by DuracellBunny View Post
    Yes, and so has Russia.

mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    I served for nearly 25 years, much of this with females from many different military occupations, all top notch!

If they can hack the training, pass the rucksack!

Would love to see the ladies kick some Terrorist ass.

Would sooner share a foxhole with a female than some I dunno what I really am Trannie.
    Air Force Veteran 1976 - 1999 - Cannabis Enthusiast since the 1960's

Retired at 40 Crew - Social distancing expert - Living the Dream

I use the gender neutral pronouns "Fukker/Fukkers" a lot.

****** I don't always agree with the memes I post ******

I tell it like it is, if you want smoke blown up your ass or something sugar coated. I suggest you get a Hooker and a powdered donut.

The Flanimal project Flounderbout's Avatar
    Flounderbout has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Flounderbout has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Flounderbout has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Flounderbout has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Flounderbout has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Flounderbout has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Flounderbout has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Flounderbout has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Flounderbout has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Flounderbout has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Flounderbout has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Women have served in 14 Int ("the Det") for years, and a harder bunch of mofos it would be impossible to find. Those guys and gals have been engaged in some serious ch1t over the years. Anyone that claims women are not up to the psychological stresses of either action or close quarters action is talking out of their ass.
    ☻/
    /▌ Sm2sm crew (---Squat Moar to Squat Moar---)
    / \

"Stay tight and don't be a pussy" Eric
    "Get out of your head, you've got this" Jedi Spotter

I think they can fight, that isn't the issue. I think the training is the issue. It is not your run of the mill boot camp. The situations that Rangers (or any other special forces) gets into is not the same things 11B tend to be doing.

No help for this one.... Squid24's Avatar
    Squid24 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Squid24 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Squid24 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Squid24 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Squid24 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Squid24 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Squid24 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Squid24 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Squid24 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Squid24 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Squid24 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by Brackneyc View Post
    I think they can fight, that isn't the issue. I think the training is the issue. It is not your run of the mill boot camp. The situations that Rangers (or any other special forces) gets into is not the same things 11B tend to be doing.
    There are a lot of men who can't pass the whole training...so why not let the women try...they can only fail like the other men have failed
    My Log - https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=170367151&page=50

"Muff divers local #69.....no muff too tough....we dive at five"

Fierce 5 Programs ->https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?p=1266579671#post1266579671

Bushmaster has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bushmaster has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bushmaster has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bushmaster has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bushmaster has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bushmaster has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bushmaster has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bushmaster has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bushmaster has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bushmaster has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bushmaster has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by Squid24 View Post
    There are a lot of men who can't pass the whole training...so why not let the women try...they can only fail like the other men have failed
    Because eventually the Army will give in to political pressure to 'let' women succeed, and lower the standards for them.
    "Do you think SHE actually felt like that was a sexual thing he was doing? She's like 6. Only an actual p3do would think that she thought he was groping her, too."

"Not that it's impossible to touch a minor inappropriately, but it is true that a 6 year old girl will not recognize someone putting a hand on their chest as groping, whether it is inappropriate or not."

- Jayarbie

https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=182007113&p=1671975503#post1671975503

Originally Posted by Squid24 View Post

As long as the standards are 100% the same, I'm all for it. As it stands right now, Boot Camp standards are not the same between genders. Fair enough?

Oh believe me, fellas. I support FEMALE servicemembers killing as many tangos as possible..

I have nothing but utmost respect for females who serve. Males with penises must work hard in order to earn the title ‘MAN.’ But females are just females. So for me, females who enter service are truly admirable. They are a special breed of warriors for sure.. Considering the majority of American males are embarrassingly effeminate, I would gladly take a platoon of Rosie’s Rangers any day.

Not to digress, but a good friend of mine from Norwich was commissioned aviation. He and his twin brother both got aviation. My friend Will, was engaged to a fellow aviator. She was an Apache pilot. She was KIA in Iraq in 2004.

I went to Air Assault School after my sophomore year. There were 60 females in my class.. Only 2 made it – one was a recycled cadet, the other just graduated West Point. And this was ‘only’ Air Assault. 10 days of basically 9-5 training. Most of the females were weeded out the last day on the mandatory 12-mile ruck march. It was ‘only’ 12 miles.

I’m sure that these balsy females who are about to undergo one of the most grueling training known will give it 100%, and then some. If they EARN the coveted black and gold tab, HOO-AHH! I got no problem with that.

Here lies my problem, which was the reason I started this thread..

What if NONE of the females make it? You guys know it will not be the end of it.. God forbid there’s an African-American lesbian in the group. (Nothing against Blacks. Nothing against gays or lesbians. But I have a point to make. So bear with me.) Let’s say that person does not make it. Can you see al ‘the a$$hole race baiting’ sharpton and michael ‘jabba the hut ’ moore talkin’ $hit about Fort Benning? I can..

If no female makes it (and again, I wish them the best of luck, but personally, I doubt any of them will make it), it will be Pandora’s box.

I support our men and women killing the bad guys. But politicians should stay the fukk out. And standards should NEVER be compromised.
    This above all..

ArchAngel'73 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ArchAngel'73 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ArchAngel'73 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ArchAngel'73 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ArchAngel'73 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ArchAngel'73 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ArchAngel'73 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ArchAngel'73 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ArchAngel'73 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ArchAngel'73 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ArchAngel'73 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by Mark1T View Post
    Yes, and so has Russia.
    Lots of females fought for Uncle Joe during the Great Patriotic War, flak batteries, tanks, infantry, snipers, and tank crews were but some.

Bushmaster has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bushmaster has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bushmaster has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bushmaster has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bushmaster has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bushmaster has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bushmaster has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bushmaster has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bushmaster has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bushmaster has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bushmaster has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by NorwichGrad View Post
    What if NONE of the females make it?
    Then this...

Originally Posted by Bushmaster View Post
    Because eventually the Army will give in to political pressure to 'let' women succeed, and lower the standards for them.
    Originally Posted by Bo_Flecks View Post
    I went through the Army Basic Airborne Course in 1981. There were women in my class 34 years ago. If I recall, I kind of enjoyed them being there. Hell, after 16 weeks at the Infantry Training Center at Ft. Benning with NO women around, it was nice to be in their proximity. lol
    So any thoughts on the actual subject itself? Or do you think "because hormones" is valid?
    "Do you think SHE actually felt like that was a sexual thing he was doing? She's like 6. Only an actual p3do would think that she thought he was groping her, too."

"Not that it's impossible to touch a minor inappropriately, but it is true that a 6 year old girl will not recognize someone putting a hand on their chest as groping, whether it is inappropriate or not."

- Jayarbie

https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=182007113&p=1671975503#post1671975503

Originally Posted by Bo_Flecks View Post
    I was busy making sure I learned my skill set well.
    Absolutely. It's not the height that kills a paratrooper. It's the sudden stop.
    This above all..

sy2502 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sy2502 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sy2502 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sy2502 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sy2502 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sy2502 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sy2502 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sy2502 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sy2502 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sy2502 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sy2502 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    The Kurdish women fighters have been kicking ass since the 80s against the likes of Saddam Hussein and now ISIS. Methinks some dudes here are scared of a little competition.
    Follow my 2018 competition prep here:
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=175566421&p=1547462721#post1547462721

latebloomingmom has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) latebloomingmom has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) latebloomingmom has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) latebloomingmom has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) latebloomingmom has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) latebloomingmom has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) latebloomingmom has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) latebloomingmom has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) latebloomingmom has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) latebloomingmom has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) latebloomingmom has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    hmmm let me make this statement on this particular issue

if you had a daughter who wanted to do this her entire young life
    lived and breathed military

would you want to be the one to tell her
    " I am sorry honey but that door is not open for you to enter"

even if pursuing it is damn hard
    and she might not make it through

shouldn't she be given the option to try?

not different standards
    same standards
    these are the conditions that you must be able to withstand in order to complete this training

just like passing your med exams to be a doctor
    or passing the bar to be a lawyer

either you achieve it or you fail
    try again or you do something else

some in here argue that women ( in your opinion) do not possess the mental or physical
    aptitude to make it thru
    so therefore, why bother to let them try

haha well than in that case, let us screen the incoming kindergartners and
    turn away any and all that we feel show signs of academic struggle and probable failure

this is by no means the first nor will it be the last of good ole boy's club
    still in existence today
    that do not allow women to enter
    based solely on fact that they were born XX instead of XY
    Last edited by latebloomingmom; 02-17-2015 at 09:54 AM.

MissHolly has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MissHolly has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MissHolly has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MissHolly has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MissHolly has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MissHolly has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MissHolly has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MissHolly has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MissHolly has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MissHolly has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MissHolly has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I think the overall theme of the thread is that the guys are concerned that the training standards may be lowered to accommodate women in the future. After this experiment the Army will have an idea of how many women can make it thru this training as it stands now.

They said in the article that they don't plan on lowering the standards and I don't feel that they should. I say let women go thru the course, go for it, if they don't make it they don't make it.

I'm not exactly getting the feeling most men in this thread are feeling threatened, maybe just concerned with the well-being of female soldiers and wanting to keep training standards the same.

Fishman15 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Fishman15 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Fishman15 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Fishman15 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Fishman15 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Fishman15 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Fishman15 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Fishman15 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Fishman15 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Fishman15 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Fishman15 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by MissHolly View Post
    I think the overall theme of the thread is that the guys are concerned that the training standards may be lowered to accommodate women in the future. After this experiment the Army will have an idea of how many women can make it thru this training as it stands now.

They said in the article that they don't plan on lowering the standards and I don't feel that they should. I say let women go thru the course, go for it, if they don't make it they don't make it.

I'm not exactly getting the feeling most men in this thread are feeling threatened, maybe just concerned with the well-being of female soldiers and wanting to keep training standards the same.
    ^^^This^^^ Military training is military training...not gender specific and should never be gender specific. Either you make it...or you don't. End of story...
    Well meaning, elderly man with a poor memory...