Thread: "Gary Flyes"

garuss is on a distinguished road. (+10) garuss is on a distinguished road. (+10) garuss is on a distinguished road. (+10) garuss is on a distinguished road. (+10) garuss is on a distinguished road. (+10) garuss is on a distinguished road. (+10) garuss is on a distinguished road. (+10) garuss is on a distinguished road. (+10) garuss is on a distinguished road. (+10) garuss is on a distinguished road. (+10) garuss is on a distinguished road. (+10)

"Gary Flyes"

I mentioned this exercise that i do in this thread: forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=166350241
    Someone else commented that they searched vids and never heard of anyone else doing it, so haha did I invent this? If so Im naming them after me.
    so i thought Id start a thread and share and see what others thought. Basically, lean with one hand on the very end of a bench (so the bench isnt in teh way of the dumbbell) so your torso is horizontal and your support arm is angled forward enough so the the dumbbell doesnt hit it, have a dumbbell in your free hand hanging straight down. Keeping that elbow straight or with a slight bend , bring that dumbell up below your other armpit. Hold at peak contraction. Variation is twist your torso slightly to drop the working shoulder so you get greater range of motion and can bring the dumbbell higher. You can also have the torso at a slight incline to emphasize the clavicular head more, maybe. Murders the inner pecs, while traditional dumbbell flyes seem to work the outer pecs more.. Mimics the end movement of a crossover but a diffeernt force direction. Disclaimer be careful start light its an awkward postion and a force vector the pec isnt used to and may irritate some shoulders. Not mine though, actually seem less stressful on shoulders than normal flys. Best done with light weight and slow contraction and mmc. Ill post a vid sometime soon. Anyone else doing these?
    Last edited by garuss; 02-11-2015 at 02:06 PM.

Get-n-fit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Get-n-fit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Get-n-fit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Get-n-fit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Get-n-fit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Get-n-fit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Get-n-fit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Get-n-fit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Get-n-fit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Get-n-fit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Get-n-fit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Vid? otherwise the description makes no sense

"Basically, lean with one hand on the very end of a bench (so the bench isnt in teh way of the dumbbell) so your torso is horizontal and your support arm is angled forward enough so the the dumbbell doesnt hit it, have a dumbbell in your free hand hanging straight down. Keeping that elbow straight or with a slight bend , bring that dumbell up below your other armpit. Hold at peak contraction."
    ---that sounds exactly like a DB Row, I have no idea how the heck your working your chest with that.
    Lift light until you can lift right

BW 220: S:650 B:435 D:615 IG: tourostrengthtraining

LadyLore420 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LadyLore420 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LadyLore420 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LadyLore420 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LadyLore420 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LadyLore420 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LadyLore420 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LadyLore420 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LadyLore420 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LadyLore420 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LadyLore420 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    OP is trying to describe an exercise that focuses on the latter end of the ROM for pecs. There are more efficient ways to do this exercise, with cables, bands, or even using direct resistance rather than deferred resistance.
    Gym lifts: 260/130/285
    Meet lifts: 245/130/285

Coming back after injury journal: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=169273893

garuss is on a distinguished road. (+10) garuss is on a distinguished road. (+10) garuss is on a distinguished road. (+10) garuss is on a distinguished road. (+10) garuss is on a distinguished road. (+10) garuss is on a distinguished road. (+10) garuss is on a distinguished road. (+10) garuss is on a distinguished road. (+10) garuss is on a distinguished road. (+10) garuss is on a distinguished road. (+10) garuss is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    get n fit, the arm is moving across the chest not away from it; you move the dbell to under the opposite armpit. Ladylore, if you try these you will notice they activate the muscle a little differently than cable crossovers, and its something one can do at home if only dumbbells are available. Besides, diversity and variation help muscles grow.
    Last edited by garuss; 02-11-2015 at 03:25 PM.

redsfinnared is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) redsfinnared is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) redsfinnared is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) redsfinnared is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) redsfinnared is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) redsfinnared is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) redsfinnared is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) redsfinnared is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) redsfinnared is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) redsfinnared is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) redsfinnared is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank)
    i tried it but felt it work the outer chest not the inner chest also felt my biceps and front delts working too? i probably did it wrong

pls upload vid when u can

Wolf200 is just really nice. (+1000) Wolf200 is just really nice. (+1000) Wolf200 is just really nice. (+1000) Wolf200 is just really nice. (+1000) Wolf200 is just really nice. (+1000) Wolf200 is just really nice. (+1000) Wolf200 is just really nice. (+1000) Wolf200 is just really nice. (+1000) Wolf200 is just really nice. (+1000) Wolf200 is just really nice. (+1000) Wolf200 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by Get-n-fit View Post
    Vid? otherwise the description makes no sense

"Basically, lean with one hand on the very end of a bench (so the bench isnt in teh way of the dumbbell) so your torso is horizontal and your support arm is angled forward enough so the the dumbbell doesnt hit it, have a dumbbell in your free hand hanging straight down. Keeping that elbow straight or with a slight bend , bring that dumbell up below your other armpit. Hold at peak contraction."
    ---that sounds exactly like a DB Row, I have no idea how the heck your working your chest with that.
    The DB comes across the body.
    Discipline is remembering what you want.