Jwilky93 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Smile Sorry but I'm stuck. Cut or bulk?

Hey people, sorry to be 'one of them' people with this typical question that I've seen you all get so many times, but I'm so stuck. In my head I'm quite a chunky guy and need to lose some body fat, yet if I did lose body fat, I'm worried there won't be much left of me. Was just wondering if you guys could tell me what you think I should do? I'm not sure if I think I'm chunkier then I actually am, or, just yeah. I went on a bulk around July time, I was around (sorry as I'm from England) 11 stone, 4 lbs. I now am currently 12 stone 3lbs. From the information I gathered on here I was trying to stick to about 1 pound a week (but not strictly) occasionally I'd gain a extra pound, or not gain one week due to hangovers (Bad I know).
    Any information would be greatly appreciated.
    Thanks!
    Oh, and sorry again for these stupid 'cut or bulk' threads haha.
    Attached Images

SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz
    Bulk first. Then cut. You can make these phases last a few months if you want, you aren't going to reach your end goals in a single iteration of each.

MrSlippery is on a distinguished road. (+10) MrSlippery is on a distinguished road. (+10) MrSlippery is on a distinguished road. (+10) MrSlippery is on a distinguished road. (+10) MrSlippery is on a distinguished road. (+10) MrSlippery is on a distinguished road. (+10) MrSlippery is on a distinguished road. (+10) MrSlippery is on a distinguished road. (+10) MrSlippery is on a distinguished road. (+10) MrSlippery is on a distinguished road. (+10) MrSlippery is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Personally I would suggest you start on a bulk, and cut later. You are not chunky aside from being in your head which you already are aware of, get on a good beginner routine stick to it and make sure your diet is in check.

Again just my opinion, but if you are looking to build muscle given your size a cut now would just seem like a step backwards.

Okay, I'll get back to my bulk. I think my diet is pretty clean, the only thing I'm stuck on is I've recently removed my weight gainer because I heard they are empty calories and you can simply make your own. But I can't stand peanut butter which has all my essential fats, cals etc..what could I use instead?
    As for gym routine, I've recently been given a plan by a trainer which I've been doing the past week which I may stick to for a while.
    Thanks for your swift replies lads!

SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz
    Fat is in all kinds of things - meat, eggs, milk, nuts, oils etc. Take your pick. There is no magic about peanut butter, it's just that most people like it.

Okay cheers Suffolk. Sorry for the bombardment of questions, but I use to have quite a lot of full fat milk, until someone told me stay away, as it had a lot of sugars and stuff you just simply want to avoid? Yet I'be always been under the impression full fat milk was perfect for bulking

Jeyloh is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jeyloh is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jeyloh is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jeyloh is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jeyloh is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jeyloh is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jeyloh is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jeyloh is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jeyloh is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jeyloh is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jeyloh is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I've asked this question on bb forum alot. My experience is that you should just start a bulk and build, build, build yourself. It's fun too. A lot more fun than cutting. However, the second you f*ck up and overbulk you'll regret it as the fat makes you miserable. Either get a food scale to count cals or get on the weight scale when you wake up once a week. I prefer the latter while bulking and the first while cutting. Counting my hamburgers sucks, so on a bulk I'll just adjust food intake according to weight gain. Not that this is the best method as counting is more precise.

Originally Posted by Jwilky93 View Post
    Okay, I'll get back to my bulk. I think my diet is pretty clean, the only thing I'm stuck on is I've recently removed my weight gainer because I heard they are empty calories and you can simply make your own.
    They're high in cals and protein so thats good but yes, sh*tty carbs only, mostly sh*tty fats and imo, taste sh*t after 2 weeks. Eat a pizza bro, you'll probably be more happy!
    195cm / 89-91kg
    1RMs (kg) 85/125/145

Lifting since november 2013. Wheels spun, lessons learned.
    Fierce 5 routines: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=162916931&page=1

No help for this one.... Squid24's Avatar
    Squid24 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Squid24 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Squid24 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Squid24 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Squid24 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Squid24 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Squid24 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Squid24 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Squid24 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Squid24 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Squid24 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Okay, I'll get back to my bulk. I think my diet is pretty clean, the only thing I'm stuck on is I've recently removed my weight gainer because I heard they are empty calories and you can simply make your own. But I can't stand peanut butter which has all my essential fats, cals etc..what could I use instead?
    As for gym routine, I've recently been given a plan by a trainer which I've been doing the past week which I may stick to for a while.
    Thanks for your swift replies lads!
    Top Food Sources of Essential Fatty Acids
    By Britta S.
    Adding more Essential Fatty Acids to your daily diet is a great way to support your best natural health. EFAs support cardiovascular health, brain function and development, skin health, and offer many other benefits for your body. Let’s look at the most common food sources for Omega-3 and Omega-6 fatty acids.

The first thing that probably comes to your mind is fish. It’s true, most fish are excellent sources of essential fatty acids. In particular, cold-water fish:

Salmon
    Herring
    Mackerel

Other vegetarian sources of essential fatty acids benfits are:Organic Almonds

Hemp
    Flax
    Walnuts
    Almonds
    Dark green leafy vegetables such as broccoli and spinach
    Olive oil
    Whole grain foods
    Eggs
    While using dietary supplements may be the easiest way to get your EFAs, consuming food sources of Omega-3s and Omega-6s is necessary as well. Try replacing a beef entrée with fish for at least one meal a week. Add walnuts to your oatmeal in the morning, or have almonds as your afternoon snack. Being sure to incorporate Essential Fatty Acids into your daily routine is an easy way to support overall health and wellness.
    My Log - https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=170367151&page=50

"Muff divers local #69.....no muff too tough....we dive at five"

Fierce 5 Programs ->https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?p=1266579671#post1266579671

Okay cheers Suffolk. Sorry for the bombardment of questions, but I use to have quite a lot of full fat milk, until someone told me stay away, as it had a lot of sugars and stuff you just simply want to avoid? Yet I'be always been under the impression full fat milk was perfect for bulking
    There are other kinds of dairy. Cottage cheese, thick greek yogurt etc. are more suited to dieting because they fill you up. Milk is not bad for dieting because of the intrinsic sugars (as long as you account for the calories you consume, this is irrelevant) but because it's a liquid and is not very filling.

scullin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) scullin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) scullin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) scullin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) scullin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) scullin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) scullin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) scullin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) scullin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) scullin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) scullin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by Gaitholabi View Post
    you don't carry a lot of fat, neither muscle.
    just bulk while following a solid novice routine from the stickies (there are other choices).
    Pretty much this, just don't go full retard on the calories. Learn to track calories correctly and go slightly above maintenance.

Okay lads cheers for all the info! I'll definitely stick to bulking, I've been lifting for just over a year now, but the amount I've learned over that time is quite a lot. Only properly been taking everything seriously for about 6 months though. Just hoping one day it all clicks, as I said I'm usually gaining about 1lbs a week, sometimes two depending on the pizza (Jeyloh) haha. So I'll just stick to it. Should I aim for a particular weight and body fat % then cut from there? Or just bulk till I myself feel the need to cut?

derekj5455996 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Hey people, sorry to be 'one of them' people with this typical question that I've seen you all get so many times, but I'm so stuck. In my head I'm quite a chunky guy and need to lose some body fat, yet if I did lose body fat, I'm worried there won't be much left of me. Was just wondering if you guys could tell me what you think I should do? I'm not sure if I think I'm chunkier then I actually am, or, just yeah. I went on a bulk around July time, I was around (sorry as I'm from England) 11 stone, 4 lbs. I now am currently 12 stone 3lbs. From the information I gathered on here I was trying to stick to about 1 pound a week (but not strictly) occasionally I'd gain a extra pound, or not gain one week due to hangovers (Bad I know).
    Any information would be greatly appreciated.
    Thanks!
    Oh, and sorry again for these stupid 'cut or bulk' threads haha.
    do what makes
    You happy I like to bulk also your leaner so Id bulk

magician27 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) magician27 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) magician27 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) magician27 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) magician27 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) magician27 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) magician27 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) magician27 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) magician27 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) magician27 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) magician27 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    bulk, you are pretty much flat. nothing to cut

Very much appreciated guys. Cheers for the solid information, it's reassuring to see people say about me being small, it's just in my head after a day of bulking my belly can bloat quite a bit, along with no abs makes me panic but I'm just going to get over that and continue my bulk for a while. It's also a lot more fun then cutting.
    Cheers for all your replies though! Helped alot