Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    planetaryslave has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) planetaryslave has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) planetaryslave has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) planetaryslave has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) planetaryslave has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) planetaryslave has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) planetaryslave has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) planetaryslave has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) planetaryslave has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) planetaryslave has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) planetaryslave has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Thoughts about Ice cream fitness

A whole year of lifting weights got me skinnier due to burning out myself doing 6 days workouts of 2 hours each

i realise that i overtrained myself drastically,I ALWAYS thought more is better ..im always sore ,pains in my joints and difficulty falling asleep n bad cold all the time ..

Finnaly i decided to start a proper progRAM- Ice cream fitness

i just got a question ...IM TRANSFERING FROM GRUELLING 6 DAYS / WEEK TO 3 DAYS IN ICF .Will it be ok to do so ?

and Calories ON oF DAYS ? ....its a 3 days split 4 day rest ..im pretty inactive outside the gym ****ed up social life thats what got me punishing myself 6 days a week first of all ..now i realised that

days i workout - 2650 to bulk ,,on of days -2650 or minus that surplus of 300 ? ..

Any suggestion would be really helpful ..IL BE UPLOADING PICS N PROGRESSION in this thread ...
    You know what !

Just as you breakdown muscle fibres in the gym to make them bigger n stronger

Similarly

When LIFE breaks u down its only for making it better and bigger than it was ..

It may take a year but IL be Back BITCH n ul regret it !

AFC96 is a name known to all. (+5000) AFC96 is a name known to all. (+5000) AFC96 is a name known to all. (+5000) AFC96 is a name known to all. (+5000) AFC96 is a name known to all. (+5000) AFC96 is a name known to all. (+5000) AFC96 is a name known to all. (+5000) AFC96 is a name known to all. (+5000) AFC96 is a name known to all. (+5000) AFC96 is a name known to all. (+5000) AFC96 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Calculate your Macros properly. Eat the same amount everyday.

Calculate your Macro/Calories intake properly by reading the below link:

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...hp?t=156380183

Remember the numbers are just an estimate. Adjust accordingly. Also the number of fat/protein you get are the minimums. Hit your fat/protein intake and fill in the rest of the calories with whatever macro combination you prefer.

Secondly, it does not matter with what food you hit your macros.

There is no "dirty" or "clean" food. Do not forget to hit your micros also by eating sufficient veggies and fruits.

YES IT WILL BE BEST YOU DUMP YOUR ****TY 6 days workout and change to ICF.
    My Powerlifting "Road To Manlet" Log: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=172129323

Instagram: a.camstra

Gym PR(KG): 195/130/220 @61KG Raw

Meet PR(KG): 185/117.5/200 @58.6KG

planetaryslave has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) planetaryslave has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) planetaryslave has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) planetaryslave has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) planetaryslave has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) planetaryslave has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) planetaryslave has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) planetaryslave has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) planetaryslave has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) planetaryslave has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) planetaryslave has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by AFC96 View Post
    Calculate your Macros properly. Eat the same amount everyday.

Calculate your Macro/Calories intake properly by reading the below link:

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...hp?t=156380183

Remember the numbers are just an estimate. Adjust accordingly. Also the number of fat/protein you get are the minimums. Hit your fat/protein intake and fill in the rest of the calories with whatever macro combination you prefer.

Secondly, it does not matter with what food you hit your macros.

There is no "dirty" or "clean" food. Do not forget to hit your micros also by eating sufficient veggies and fruits.

YES IT WILL BE BEST YOU DUMP YOUR ****TY 6 days workout and change to ICF.

Thanks man it great to get advice from experienced lifters like u ...il will do that ...I WAS CONFUSED ABOUT I HAVE READ IN FORUMS that some of the guys DROP CALORIES TO MAINTAINENCE ON REST DAYS....

Today was 1st day ,,Got back from the gym just now ...Did workout A

Stats and lifts ..started with 5 rep Max il calculate it in 5RM calculator today n do 75%on 5x5 n 65 % on 3x8 as suggested in the program from next workout

SQUAT - 5x5 = 44kg..96 lbs
    Bench press- 5x5= 32kg .70 lbs
    Bent over rows - 5x5 = 30 kg = 66 lbs
    Heavy barbell shrugs- 3x8 = 28kg = 60 lbs
    Side laterals - 3x8 =6 kg dumbels= 15lbs
    Skull crushers- 3x8 = 15 kg = 33 lbs
    Bicep curls with dumbell = 8 kg dumbells= 18 lbs
    Cable crunches - 3x15-20 As heavy as could
    Reverse crunches - 3x15

p.s Lifts are too weak i know ..But how to INCREASE them any thoughts ...Couldnt do hyperextensions as the gym doesnt have the machine..will replace it with Good mornings or cable pull throughs..(never done them before) ...

MACROS- 150 protein ..65 fats, 350 carbs..2650 kcals ....
    You know what !

Similarly

orion792 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) orion792 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) orion792 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) orion792 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) orion792 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) orion792 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) orion792 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) orion792 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) orion792 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) orion792 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) orion792 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    your lifts will go up as long as you have good technique and you apply progressive overload (basically bump up the weight every single week,in the smallest increment you can). also 6kg side laterals seem too heavy for you,are you swinging the weight to get them up?you're supposed to do them in a controlled manner.drop the weight a bit if you can't controll it.
    My workout log (candito's linear program): http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=165515901
    My strength training (road to powerlifting) log: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=173639391&p=1486170391#post1486170391

Originally Posted by orion792 View Post
    your lifts will go up as long as you have good technique and you apply progressive overload (basically bump up the weight every single week,in the smallest increment you can). also 6kg side laterals seem too heavy for you,are you swinging the weight to get them up?you're supposed to do them in a controlled manner.drop the weight a bit if you can't controll it.
    Yes man thanks for the advice..I was swinging a bit more than usual..I was using 6 kg of lateral raises because it was my first day n it was mentioned in the program to test ur 8 rep maxes n then START FROM 65 % of it ...I will do with 20 lbs dumbel then ..bt its too light , imean i can easily rep it for 12-15 because i used to do SAME THING FOR 1 WHOLE YEAR....

Il keep updated about progression of weights ...Aiming for 5 lbs on 5 reps lifts n 2-3 lbs on 8 rep maxes ...
    Attached Images
    Last edited by planetaryslave; 02-09-2015 at 12:17 PM.
    You know what !

Similarly

kostiaapetrov has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) kostiaapetrov has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) kostiaapetrov has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) kostiaapetrov has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) kostiaapetrov has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) kostiaapetrov has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) kostiaapetrov has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) kostiaapetrov has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) kostiaapetrov has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) kostiaapetrov has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) kostiaapetrov has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    follow me on insta bruh @the_only_kp_ lets network

Kichie has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Kichie has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Kichie has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Kichie has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Kichie has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Kichie has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Kichie has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Kichie has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Kichie has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Kichie has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Kichie has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    To bulk, hit 3000+ calories, rest days hit 3000+ calories, don't lower them. Yes 3 days is fine. If you're sore it doesn't mean you had a good workout or a bad workout either, it means nothing so don't worry.
    Being the son of Zeus it's a requirement to hit the gym.

IG - Joe_Barreca

Bench 1lb
    Squats 1.2lb
    DL 1.1lb

Originally Posted by Kichie View Post
    To bulk, hit 3000+ calories, rest days hit 3000+ calories, don't lower them. Yes 3 days is fine. If you're sore it doesn't mean you had a good workout or a bad workout either, it means nothing so don't worry.
    Ok man im hitting 2700 approx will hit them during rest day also ..

Well today is rest day ... quite sore from yesterdays Workout A

According to iifym calculators ...The activity factor says on workout day my activity factor comes to 1.4 ..and on non workout days which is basically A HOME DAY my tdee DROPS to 1.2 ....Still u suggest me having SAME CALORIES ...the excess 300 ...Ok will do that ...For 2 weeks gonna try that ,if i gain more than 0.6 kg in 2 weeks il drop that ..Aiming for 1.2 kg per month which comes around 2.5 POUNDS ..Clean bulk while trying to minimize fat gains ..Any suggestion would be helpful !!
    You know what !

Similarly

Rest day - FIRST MEAL

Breakfast . 70 g Oats .100 gram Bananas 25g Protein powder ...350 mil skim milk ..Made a smoothie out of these ,learned it from chris jones ....And 2 poached egg ...
    Attached Images
    You know what !

Similarly

AFC96 is a name known to all. (+5000) AFC96 is a name known to all. (+5000) AFC96 is a name known to all. (+5000) AFC96 is a name known to all. (+5000) AFC96 is a name known to all. (+5000) AFC96 is a name known to all. (+5000) AFC96 is a name known to all. (+5000) AFC96 is a name known to all. (+5000) AFC96 is a name known to all. (+5000) AFC96 is a name known to all. (+5000) AFC96 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Eat the SAME AMOUNT OF SURPLUS EVERYDAY.
    My Powerlifting "Road To Manlet" Log: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=172129323

Instagram: a.camstra

Gym PR(KG): 195/130/220 @61KG Raw

Meet PR(KG): 185/117.5/200 @58.6KG

ronalbak is on a distinguished road. (+10) ronalbak is on a distinguished road. (+10) ronalbak is on a distinguished road. (+10) ronalbak is on a distinguished road. (+10) ronalbak is on a distinguished road. (+10) ronalbak is on a distinguished road. (+10) ronalbak is on a distinguished road. (+10) ronalbak is on a distinguished road. (+10) ronalbak is on a distinguished road. (+10) ronalbak is on a distinguished road. (+10) ronalbak is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    ICF i think it has too many exercises. So the workout ll last for 1h30-2h. I think you should take a rest first(1-2 weeks) then do the 5x5 Stronglifts. SL is simple, easy to do and you can do it under an hour

Because you have worked out for 1 year, you missed your starter gain( the first 3-4 month). So from now on, you ll gain slowly, not as fast as the beginners.

For eating, make sure that you hit your calories and protein on both ON and OFF days. And dont eat junk foods too much. They are full of fat. Eat whenever you can. Fruits are good sources of carb and proteins. And proteins not only come from meats, they also come from milk or beanes.

Try to be more active. If you seat in front of your computer for all day and then go to the gym, your joints ll be fuked up. Jogging is a good idea when you have nothing to do.
    166 x5 Squat
    155 x 5 Deadlift
    **** Bench Press

Ok man gonna try that for 2 weeks ..if i gain more than 0.6 kgs( 1.3 pounds ) in 2 weeks il cut back ...Trying to bulk for 1 YEAR or so ,,so trying to keep it as clean as possible ..thanks anyways

Checked my weight today after breakfast - 68.6 ...by sunday im aiming for 0.3 kg increase

il keep updating having 2650 .150 pro, 60 fats ,rest carbs and 40 fibre
    Last edited by planetaryslave; 02-10-2015 at 02:31 AM.
    You know what !

Similarly

Originally Posted by ronalbak View Post
    ICF i think it has too many exercises. So the workout ll last for 1h30-2h. I think you should take a rest first(1-2 weeks) then do the 5x5 Stronglifts. SL is simple, easy to do and you can do it under an hour

Because you have worked out for 1 year, you missed your starter gain( the first 3-4 month). So from now on, you ll gain slowly, not as fast as the beginners.

For eating, make sure that you hit your calories and protein on both ON and OFF days. And dont eat junk foods too much. They are full of fat. Eat whenever you can. Fruits are good sources of carb and proteins. And proteins not only come from meats, they also come from milk or beanes.

Try to be more active. If you seat in front of your computer for all day and then go to the gym, your joints ll be fuked up. Jogging is a good idea when you have nothing to do.
    Yes man i avoid junk foods as much as i can ..even if I have it sometimes i try to FIT IN MY DAILY GOALS..IIFYM ..I HIT MY FIBRE though ..40 g each day ...Ive noticed that WHEN I hit the FIBRE GOALS there not so much room for junk foods ..(i cheat on some days though)..

Thats tough man ..because college hasnt started yet ...And i have to sit in front of the computer all day as of now .nothing to do on rest days..3 days i a allowed to go n lift as per ICF

IL keep u updated about progress ..with pics n stats ....ICF sounds good i started it yesterday ..AND YES I AM AIMING FOR 2.5 POUNDS GAIN PER MONTH ..il do this for 1 year possibly with minimal fat gains..I liked ICF because it has good volume n progression scheme ,,Il do it until i bench 225 as said by the author ..Thanks man ...any advice would help
    Last edited by planetaryslave; 02-10-2015 at 02:50 AM.
    You know what !

Similarly

Lunch

Roti (whole wheat flour ) chicken seasoned n boiled with some salsa ...

465 cals. 60 carbs 30 proteins 5 fats 10 fibre
    Attached Images
    You know what !

Similarly

I JUST WANTED TO ASK ONE THING

Can i do COOLICADAS PUSH PULL LEG OR something which has 5-6 days in the gym ? .. or should i do ICF n reach the max lifts then shift to these types of programs- PHAT ,HST(as suggested by jason) ,Push pull legs ,Kris gethin etc etc ...

I asked this because i have all teh free time to go to the gym 5 -6 days ...will i benefit more from ICF or Others as i mentioned ? anyone ?
    You know what !

Similarly

SajAliYT has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) SajAliYT has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) SajAliYT has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) SajAliYT has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) SajAliYT has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) SajAliYT has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) SajAliYT has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) SajAliYT has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) SajAliYT has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) SajAliYT has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) SajAliYT has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    i think you should aim to eat the same amount of food calorie wise everyday, so for instance if your on a bulk hit the same amount of calories everyday and try to get in the exact macros if you can. GL

Originally Posted by SajAliYT View Post
    i think you should aim to eat the same amount of food calorie wise everyday, so for instance if your on a bulk hit the same amount of calories everyday and try to get in the exact macros if you can. GL
    where r u from ?
    You know what !

Similarly

ronalbak is on a distinguished road. (+10) ronalbak is on a distinguished road. (+10) ronalbak is on a distinguished road. (+10) ronalbak is on a distinguished road. (+10) ronalbak is on a distinguished road. (+10) ronalbak is on a distinguished road. (+10) ronalbak is on a distinguished road. (+10) ronalbak is on a distinguished road. (+10) ronalbak is on a distinguished road. (+10) ronalbak is on a distinguished road. (+10) ronalbak is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Dont think of PPL or Isolation or smt like that.
    Just focus on what you are doing right now.
    166 x5 Squat
    155 x 5 Deadlift
    **** Bench Press

Cool

Originally Posted by ronalbak View Post
    Dont think of PPL or Isolation or smt like that.
    Just focus on what you are doing right now.
    ok until 225 man ..
    You know what !

Similarly

Macros

filesystem:chrome-extension://fdpohaocaechififmbbbbbknoalclacl/temporary/screencapture-www-myfitnesspal-com-food-diary-planetaryslave.png
    Attached Images
    Last edited by planetaryslave; 02-10-2015 at 06:32 AM.
    You know what !

Similarly

Today is Workout B

Going to test out 5rms on Overhead , Deadlift ...IM not used to taking days of like this ...I used to go to the gym 6 days ..feeling a bit odd but lets try this method ...6 days a week gave me nothing ...
    You know what !

Similarly

Todays workout was Intense !! Im thinking how will i manage the progressive overload in the coming months ..previously was thinking its gonna be easy ..none the less ...I WILL

WORKOUT B -
    Squat - 38 kg (started from 75% of my 1rm)
    Deadlift - 40 kg 5rm
    OHpress - 26 kg 5 rrm
    Bent over rws- 24 kg (75% of 1rm )
    Side raises - 6kg
    Closed grip bench press = 22 kg 5 rm
    6.Curls barbell = 15 kg 75% of 1rm
    7.Chinups ..= 3 sets
    8.Cable pushdowns -2 sets
    9.Cable crunches - 3sets
    10.Lying leg raise- 3 sets

MACROS down in the link ...Feeling pumped for next workout ... though lifts are too weak as of now ..
    Last edited by planetaryslave; 02-11-2015 at 11:27 AM.
    You know what !

Similarly

Weigh in - 68.8 kg 13 % bodyfat ...0.2 kg gain approx

Target 68.9 by sunday ! ...
    You know what !

Similarly

Originally Posted by planetaryslave View Post
    Weigh in - 68.8 kg 13 % bodyfat ...0.2 kg gain approx

Target 68.9 by sunday ! ...
    REST DAYS ARE DAMN BORING TO BE ALL DAY WATCHING MOVIES..

Quiet sore though from yeterdays workout

Tomorrow gonna increse squats rows curls ......

MEALS are in check ...2620 k cals
    You know what !

Similarly

Workout A - Friday

Squats - 38 + 2 kg = 40 kg
    Bench press - 28 kg (75% of 1rep max)
    Bent over rows - 24 + 2 = 26 kg
    Shrugs = 25 kg (75% of 1 rep max)
    Side raises -6 kg dumbels
    GOOD MORNINGS - 20 kg ...Did it for first time ...felt it in the hamstrings n a bit in the back
    Skull crushers - 14 kg ( 75% of 1 rep max)
    Barbell curl - 15 + 1 = 16 kg
    Incline dumbel curl ..- 6 kg dumbells
    Cable crunches
    Weighted situps ..

All going on track ..just a bit bloated ..Hope to get 68.9 by sunday ..2 days rest now ...HOPE THIS PROGRAM WORKS OUT well ! ..

Time for dinner ..
    Last edited by planetaryslave; 02-13-2015 at 10:05 AM.
    You know what !

Similarly

Morning weigh in after breakfast --- 68.8 kg ...13 % bodyfat ...before breakfast it was 68.4 i was FREAKIN OUT WENT THE WEIGHT WENT DOWN COS LAST NIGHT I WAS AWAKE WATCHING THE WORLD CUP NEWZEALANDS MATCH ...

My Maintainence according to IIFYM ..is around 2300 .. Aiming for 2.6 pounds a month (1.2kg)..1st year of serious lifting !!..To gain 1 pound = 3500 cals ...2 pounds= 7000 cals ..0.5 pounds = 1750 cals ..0.1 pounds= 350 calories So my excess over a month should be 7000+1750+350=9100.....THAT divided by 30 ..9100 / 30=303 ..Im adding that to my maintainence ...coems about 2633 ...Hoping to gain 0.3 kgs per week which comes about 1,2 kgs a month ...Iv heard max one can gain is 2 pounds(lean mass) ....So teh extra 0.6 fat is acceptable ...cos that over 4 month(0.6 x4=2.4pounds ) turns into 1 kg(2.2 pounds) of fat ....So over this year il be bulking straight so Im 13 % now ..hope to stay under 17% by end of the year ..

IF im wrong anybody correct me cuz im new into this ! cheers ! ...IIFym says If i exercise 3 days a week my 15% surplus is 2622 and 10% is around 2550 ...Having same calories on off days..Im desperatrly in it for My life to change ..Im willing to put in all kinds of efforts to get them ALL KINDS OF GAINSS!!
    You know what !

Similarly

GAINING a bit more i guess ..feeling very bloated in the belly

Gonna drop calories on rest days ...Cause im sedentary and having the same excess on tht days may be causing extra gaining of fat ....

2635 on 3 workout days and 2335 on rest days...LETS SEE this week ...advice from AFC did not work .
    You know what !

Similarly

WORKOUT B ---
    SQUATS- 42 KGS
    DEADS- 36 kgs (75% of 1 rep max).
    Overheadpress- 23 kg (75% of 1 rep max)
    Bent over rows- 25 kg (10% less than workout A)
    Side raises .
    Closed grip bench- 20 kgs(75% of 1 rep max)
    Curls barbell- 17 kg
    Tricep extensions just 2 sets to burn it
    Crunches -
    Leg raises...

Having dinner hope to get some good gains ....having 2650 cals....rest days around 2400
    You know what !

Similarly

WORKOUT A ...Wednesday 18th feb

SQUATS- 42+ 2 kg = 44kg 5x5

Bench press= 28 + 2kg= 30 kg 5x5

Bent over rows = 26 +2 = 28kg 5x5

SHRUGS - 27 + 1=28 kg 3x10

Side raises - 6kg dumbells 3 sets 3x8

Skull crushers - 14+ 1 kg (2.2lbs) 3x8-10

Barbell curls - 17 + 1 =18 kg 3x10

Incline curls - Light dumbels just burnt them out for couple sets of 8 reps

GOODMORNINGS- 20 + 1 = 21 kg ..2x10 ...felt a good burn

CAble crunches- 2 sets 15 reps

Lying leg raise- 2 sets

REALLY TIRED ,NOW GOT BACK FROM THE GYM !!! ..Workout was tiring ... already craving for rest days

IS it really this tough or im weak ?? anybody experienced similar things ? ...HUNGRY AS HELL ...Just downed a milkshake with a banana...Will eat a ton in dinner ...

TARGET WEIGHT BY SUNDAY - 69.3 KGS ..0.3 KG GAIN PER WEEK ..
    You know what !

Similarly

Pain Zone is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Pain Zone is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Pain Zone is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Pain Zone is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Pain Zone is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Pain Zone is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Pain Zone is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Pain Zone is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Pain Zone is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Pain Zone is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Pain Zone is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    I agree keep your calories the same. Even on an off day.
    @PreChewz Sponsored Athlete. The Best Chewable Pre-workout!