lvalencia has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Question Combining Resistance Training & Bodybuilding

Hi, I'm new! I tried to find some threads on this but upon entering a search query the most closely related thread I could find was void of any replies.. so if I missed one that did have replies, I'm sorry.

Anyway, for the past 6 months I've been doing the traditional bodybuilding routines (LiveFit and designing my own), incorporating drop sets, supersets and HIIT on non-lifting days when I wasn't feeling challenged anymore. I want to up my changes though because I haven't attained the changes I truly want (yes, I'm working on cleaning up my diet now!). I chanced upon Kayla Itsines (anyone heard of her?), some popularized trainer from Australia who advocates circuit training for muscle gain and fat loss. I'm too attached to my gym, so I want to still incorporate my heavy lifting with some of the workouts she designed. Which leads me to my question,

Would combining traditional lifting sessions with circuit training be considered overtraining? Is it possible to do this, or should I stick to regular lifting (changing routines, supersetting, dropsets, etc) with 15 min of HIIT cardio on non-lifting days?

Bump.

oregonchick76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) oregonchick76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) oregonchick76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) oregonchick76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) oregonchick76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) oregonchick76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) oregonchick76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) oregonchick76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) oregonchick76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) oregonchick76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) oregonchick76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    You're 5'2" and 100 lbs? You have NO BUSINESS losing fat or weight at this point.

You're underweight already. You should be eating to support muscle growth and putting your effort towards a solid lifting program.
    "Start where you are. It's never too late to change your life."

Originally Posted by oregonchick76 View Post
    You're 5'2" and 100 lbs? You have NO BUSINESS losing fat or weight at this point.

You're underweight already. You should be eating to support muscle growth and putting your effort towards a solid lifting program.
    So do I have to eat above 1200 calories? I don't even count because I just eat every 2-3 hours whenever I'm hungry.. And what do you mean by "solid lifting program"? I've been doing Jamie Eason's LiveFit but I started at Phase 2 because I've been lifting for 9 months already so I'm quite used to the training prescribed in Phase 1. I do plyometric resistance training 2-3 times a week for my cardio.