Thread: Tax Season

arthurjohng has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Tax Season

It's almost time to file taxes and I thought this would be a good place for people to post tips. Ideally everyone has different experiences filing whether on their own, with a CPA, or with one of the chains. I know there's lots of things that can be written off, education, equipment, travel expenses, insurance, clothing etc. I actually just started my own company last year doing in home training and I know that I should file with a CPA but I'm looking for some help on what I can bring with me to make sure I get the max.

CharlottePT has a spectacular aura about. (+250) CharlottePT has a spectacular aura about. (+250) CharlottePT has a spectacular aura about. (+250) CharlottePT has a spectacular aura about. (+250) CharlottePT has a spectacular aura about. (+250) CharlottePT has a spectacular aura about. (+250) CharlottePT has a spectacular aura about. (+250) CharlottePT has a spectacular aura about. (+250) CharlottePT has a spectacular aura about. (+250) CharlottePT has a spectacular aura about. (+250) CharlottePT has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    most accountants like **********. I have ********** online and can simply give my accountant access to it and they can see all my transacations/sales, etc...I pay extra and have them handle the bookkeeping. So end of year give them my w2 and various other tax forms I get from different things then they handle it all.

I used turbo tax for a long time. I spend about $1000 on my tax person and they end up getting me like a $1000 extra back then when i use turbo tax so it's a wash.

Using a different accountant company and first year of them doing my bookkeeping so my cost to them I'm sure will bea bit more than $1000 but so nice not to have to spend time on all that.

arthurjohng has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I know there's alot of trainers out there that are 1099 (like myself) I've found a little bit on the IRS site, mostly fuel expenses. I found this link and it's an Australian listing but it looks like a good start for most trainers to look at their own expense in line before meeting with with any tax professionals. For people who work at larger gyms, you may be able to find a member who is willing to do you taxes for a break on training, a friend of mine worked at Gold's in Uptown in Dallas and that's what he did, got his taxes done for free and got some clients out of it so win/win.