Dawginit will become famous soon enough. (+50) Dawginit will become famous soon enough. (+50) Dawginit will become famous soon enough. (+50) Dawginit will become famous soon enough. (+50) Dawginit will become famous soon enough. (+50) Dawginit will become famous soon enough. (+50) Dawginit will become famous soon enough. (+50) Dawginit will become famous soon enough. (+50) Dawginit will become famous soon enough. (+50) Dawginit will become famous soon enough. (+50) Dawginit will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Stupid question, Am I supposed to be hungry all the time?

I have cut back on my carbs and limited my diet to about 2000 calories for a cut. I am getting about 175g+ of protein and probably about 150g of carbs. I have been doing this for about two weeks now. I feel hungry within an hour after I have eaten. Is that just part of the deal with the "cut diet?"
    "All things are difficult before they are easy."

JackDanielz3 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) JackDanielz3 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) JackDanielz3 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) JackDanielz3 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) JackDanielz3 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) JackDanielz3 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) JackDanielz3 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) JackDanielz3 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) JackDanielz3 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) JackDanielz3 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) JackDanielz3 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    I'm hungry 24/7. Cutting fukking sucks... will hang myself before I ever get fat again.

A lot of people use intermittent fasting which makes you feel fuller and takes away that persistent hunger at least for part of the day unfortunately with my current work schedule I can't do it atm

WolfBeast is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) WolfBeast is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) WolfBeast is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) WolfBeast is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) WolfBeast is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) WolfBeast is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) WolfBeast is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) WolfBeast is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) WolfBeast is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) WolfBeast is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) WolfBeast is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    How much fat do you have in your diet?
    *Prep coach/Cert.Personal trainer-contact for online training
    *Instagram: amythewolf
    *Texas Crew

wutdafukdidujusaytomeulib 1quick1's Avatar
    1quick1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 1quick1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 1quick1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 1quick1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 1quick1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 1quick1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 1quick1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 1quick1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 1quick1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 1quick1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 1quick1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Cutting and hunger go hand in hand. There's tricks and tips to help mitigate it but it's part of the game.

I enjoy Intermittent Fasting because I can eat a couple large meals that at least satisfy me. Keep in mind it's not for everyone though.

Dawginit will become famous soon enough. (+50) Dawginit will become famous soon enough. (+50) Dawginit will become famous soon enough. (+50) Dawginit will become famous soon enough. (+50) Dawginit will become famous soon enough. (+50) Dawginit will become famous soon enough. (+50) Dawginit will become famous soon enough. (+50) Dawginit will become famous soon enough. (+50) Dawginit will become famous soon enough. (+50) Dawginit will become famous soon enough. (+50) Dawginit will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by WolfBeast View Post
    How much fat do you have in your diet?
    The break down is about 40% proteins, 30% carbs and 30% fats (mostly from meat). I do take one or two fish oil supps daily.

77Davis has a spectacular aura about. (+250) 77Davis has a spectacular aura about. (+250) 77Davis has a spectacular aura about. (+250) 77Davis has a spectacular aura about. (+250) 77Davis has a spectacular aura about. (+250) 77Davis has a spectacular aura about. (+250) 77Davis has a spectacular aura about. (+250) 77Davis has a spectacular aura about. (+250) 77Davis has a spectacular aura about. (+250) 77Davis has a spectacular aura about. (+250) 77Davis has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Perfectly normal to feel hungry. Your body is used to eating more, and needs to adjust to having less food. Feeling hungry is something less to worry about opposed to symptoms such lack of energy, feeling faint, becoming ill, or seeing your lifts drop in weight significantly.

2 weeks isn't much if this is your first time operating under a caloric deficit. Over time, the hunger decreases, but you also get better with your meal planning, timing, and just figuring out how to remain satiated so you don't get 'as' hungry.

You're macros look ok. Protein could be a little higher. You're getting a sufficient amount of fats, but you are also @2000 calories. With the hunger you're currently experiencing, I'd imagine it is difficult for you the even ponder about reducing them further. However, if you do, you'll find an increased difficulty with hitting your protein and fat requirements if you keep your carbs high.

If you google around for satiating foods that are filling and keep you full, you will find a vast amount of recommendations. While you won't find all of them appealing, the good thing is that there are so many out there. Broaden your horizons at the grocery store and you might find that you not only find something good to eat and you can eat lots of, good chance you'll save a buck or two to boot.
    C'mon abs! I know you're under there!

77Davis has a spectacular aura about. (+250) 77Davis has a spectacular aura about. (+250) 77Davis has a spectacular aura about. (+250) 77Davis has a spectacular aura about. (+250) 77Davis has a spectacular aura about. (+250) 77Davis has a spectacular aura about. (+250) 77Davis has a spectacular aura about. (+250) 77Davis has a spectacular aura about. (+250) 77Davis has a spectacular aura about. (+250) 77Davis has a spectacular aura about. (+250) 77Davis has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by Dawginit View Post
    The break down is about 40% proteins, 30% carbs and 30% fats (mostly from meat). I do take one or two fish oil supps daily.
    According to the numbers in your original post, you are taking in 175 grams of protein (recommended you consume 1g per lb of body weight), and 150 grams of carbs. That leaves 700 calories in fats, which is approximately 78 grams of fat. Your minimum requirement is 74.4 grams.

Try to look at your macro goals in grams instead of a ratio. I also calculate my total caloric intake from these numbers, not what MFP or the labels does.
    C'mon abs! I know you're under there!

Originally Posted by 77Davis View Post
    According to the numbers in your original post, you are taking in 175 grams of protein (recommended you consume 1g per lb of body weight), and 150 grams of carbs. That leaves 700 calories in fats, which is approximately 78 grams of fat. Your minimum requirement is 74.4 grams.

Try to look at your macro goals in grams instead of a ratio. I also calculate my total caloric intake from these numbers, not what MFP or the labels does.

Thanks Davis. My lifts have been going up in a normal fashion, so that's good. The hunger isn't unbearable, but its a constant reminder.

winsoneator is just really nice. (+1000) winsoneator is just really nice. (+1000) winsoneator is just really nice. (+1000) winsoneator is just really nice. (+1000) winsoneator is just really nice. (+1000) winsoneator is just really nice. (+1000) winsoneator is just really nice. (+1000) winsoneator is just really nice. (+1000) winsoneator is just really nice. (+1000) winsoneator is just really nice. (+1000) winsoneator is just really nice. (+1000)
    im in the same boat man, been on cut for about 3 weeks now. get some quest bars if you like sweets . however they make you crave food if you don't time it right..
    poverty deadlift at 475 goal is 495.
    squat poverty level at 365 goal is 405
    bench extra povery 205 goal is 225.

nondualism has a spectacular aura about. (+250) nondualism has a spectacular aura about. (+250) nondualism has a spectacular aura about. (+250) nondualism has a spectacular aura about. (+250) nondualism has a spectacular aura about. (+250) nondualism has a spectacular aura about. (+250) nondualism has a spectacular aura about. (+250) nondualism has a spectacular aura about. (+250) nondualism has a spectacular aura about. (+250) nondualism has a spectacular aura about. (+250) nondualism has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by JackDanielz3 View Post
    I'm hungry 24/7. Cutting fukking sucks... will hang myself before I ever get fat again.

A lot of people use intermittent fasting which makes you feel fuller and takes away that persistent hunger at least for part of the day unfortunately with my current work schedule I can't do it atm
    I couldn't cut without IF. I can be hungry every day, but I can't be hungry ALL day. I also REALLY appreciate that first meal.
    'There is no sin except stupidity." --Oscar Wilde

sammynage will become famous soon enough. (+50) sammynage will become famous soon enough. (+50) sammynage will become famous soon enough. (+50) sammynage will become famous soon enough. (+50) sammynage will become famous soon enough. (+50) sammynage will become famous soon enough. (+50) sammynage will become famous soon enough. (+50) sammynage will become famous soon enough. (+50) sammynage will become famous soon enough. (+50) sammynage will become famous soon enough. (+50) sammynage will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I just have to throw my 2 cents in here.

A loooong time a go, I did a high protein cut. I was miserable for 12 weeks. Dropped from 20+% bf, down to <10% (you could see my 8pk).

I absolutely hated it, and although I stayed in shape for years, eventually got burnt out.

Fast forward over a decade later, and better education.

On this cut, I'm getting a huge majority of my cals from solid fat (butter or coconut oil). I'm hungry, but only slightly. It's not unusual for me to take tsp of coconut oil to curb my appetite. I'm eating < 25g carbs a day.

It took me about 2weeks to adjust to lower carbs, and by 3-4 weeks I was humming along.

I've even taken a bite out of a stick of butter, just for a snack.

This has been the easiest cut I've ever done.

google bullet proof coffee. that might work for you.

The key for me, was to snack on some fat, just as I start to get hungry (snack time). Then, I'm usually good until my meal time.

Is it the panacea of dieting, and I never get hungry? No, I'm not going to say that, but upping my fat intake, but I very seldom get hunger pangs. When I do get hungry, it's usually just a uncomfortableness. After all, I'm on a cut. But, i'm definitely not ready to drive a rusty spike through my temple, like I wanted too on previous cuts.

I know a lot of people poopoo lchf or paleo diets, but it has really helped for this whale.
    Last edited by sammynage; 02-03-2015 at 03:29 AM.
    Dec 2014 - May 1 2015 Cut Progress
    Dec 1 = 230.6 | Dec 8 = 229 | Dec 15 = 225.4 | Dec 22 = 221.2 | Dec 29 = 217.2
    Jan 5 = 215.8 | Jan 12 = 211.9 | Jan 19 = 208.5 | Jan 26 = 204.9
    Feb 2 = 200.7 | Feb 9 = 202.2 | Feb 16 = 196.5 | Feb 23 = 195.4
    Mar 1 = 192.6 | Mar 9 = 190.0 | Mar 16 = 188.2 | Mar 23 = 185.8 | Mar 30 = 182.4
    Apr 6 = 185.5
    Apr 13 = 183.6
    Apr 20 = 176.4 [down 54.2lbs]
    --------------------------
    May 1: 175. That's the goal!

abridgel is on a distinguished road. (+10) abridgel is on a distinguished road. (+10) abridgel is on a distinguished road. (+10) abridgel is on a distinguished road. (+10) abridgel is on a distinguished road. (+10) abridgel is on a distinguished road. (+10) abridgel is on a distinguished road. (+10) abridgel is on a distinguished road. (+10) abridgel is on a distinguished road. (+10) abridgel is on a distinguished road. (+10) abridgel is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Yes you should feel hungry but you should also be satisified after you eat - you should look at some of the strategies others are using. I'd recommend

- Adding more veggies and low cal whole foods
    - Drinking more water
    - Greek Yogurt
    - Coffee, Tea, Sugar Free gum
    - Swapping out some useless carbs (ie white bread) for protein or fat
    ON MY WAY!!!!!

12/01/14 -> 236.7lbs
    03/02/15 -> 221.1lbs
    03/13/15 -> 217.3lbs
    06/05/15 -> 208.2lbs

How becoming a father changed my view on fitness, wellness and life
    http://thedaddysutras.com
    https://********.com/thedaddysutras
    https://instagram.com/thedaddysutras

jimsmith9999 is a name known to all. (+5000) jimsmith9999 is a name known to all. (+5000) jimsmith9999 is a name known to all. (+5000) jimsmith9999 is a name known to all. (+5000) jimsmith9999 is a name known to all. (+5000) jimsmith9999 is a name known to all. (+5000) jimsmith9999 is a name known to all. (+5000) jimsmith9999 is a name known to all. (+5000) jimsmith9999 is a name known to all. (+5000) jimsmith9999 is a name known to all. (+5000) jimsmith9999 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    I'm in the "not usually hungry during a cut" camp. A moderate deficit helps. Experimenting with different meal sizes can make a difference (personally small breakfast and lunch, larger dinner works best for me). Meal composition and food choices also help - nutrient dense whole foods, lots of veggies, eat your calories - don't drink them.

nondualism has a spectacular aura about. (+250) nondualism has a spectacular aura about. (+250) nondualism has a spectacular aura about. (+250) nondualism has a spectacular aura about. (+250) nondualism has a spectacular aura about. (+250) nondualism has a spectacular aura about. (+250) nondualism has a spectacular aura about. (+250) nondualism has a spectacular aura about. (+250) nondualism has a spectacular aura about. (+250) nondualism has a spectacular aura about. (+250) nondualism has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Like I mentioned before, IF has been my personal key to cutting. I NEVER had a successful cut before that.

I work night shifts, so my eating window is 4PM-Midnight. I eat a big meal when I wake up for work and then have protein shakes x2 before midnight. I start to get a little hungry before bed, but then I wake up and it's time to eat!

I'm currently doing a 750 calorie daily deficit. Daily calories are 1700-1750/day. Protein is 145-160g. I don't monitor anything else. I lift on a push day/pull day routine. I never even factor exercise calories burned into my plan - anything I burn is just gravy on top.
    'There is no sin except stupidity." --Oscar Wilde

vikingbro has a spectacular aura about. (+250) vikingbro has a spectacular aura about. (+250) vikingbro has a spectacular aura about. (+250) vikingbro has a spectacular aura about. (+250) vikingbro has a spectacular aura about. (+250) vikingbro has a spectacular aura about. (+250) vikingbro has a spectacular aura about. (+250) vikingbro has a spectacular aura about. (+250) vikingbro has a spectacular aura about. (+250) vikingbro has a spectacular aura about. (+250) vikingbro has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by 77Davis View Post
    Perfectly normal to feel hungry. Your body is used to eating more, and needs to adjust to having less food. Feeling hungry is something less to worry about opposed to symptoms such lack of energy, feeling faint, becoming ill, or seeing your lifts drop in weight significantly.

2 weeks isn't much if this is your first time operating under a caloric deficit. Over time, the hunger decreases, but you also get better with your meal planning, timing, and just figuring out how to remain satiated so you don't get 'as' hungry.

You're macros look ok. Protein could be a little higher. You're getting a sufficient amount of fats, but you are also @2000 calories. With the hunger you're currently experiencing, I'd imagine it is difficult for you the even ponder about reducing them further. However, if you do, you'll find an increased difficulty with hitting your protein and fat requirements if you keep your carbs high.

If you google around for satiating foods that are filling and keep you full, you will find a vast amount of recommendations. While you won't find all of them appealing, the good thing is that there are so many out there. Broaden your horizons at the grocery store and you might find that you not only find something good to eat and you can eat lots of, good chance you'll save a buck or two to boot.
    actually no, i have been at it for 6 weeks and the hunger is only getting worse, it was easier in the begining. i would still recomend IF tough, it would be much harder without it.

tough a word of advice might be to try and search for a way to work around the hunger, if you have time for it, cardio while eating more on workout days, on top of doing IF might be good
    El Psy Congroo

chibixeno will become famous soon enough. (+50) chibixeno will become famous soon enough. (+50) chibixeno will become famous soon enough. (+50) chibixeno will become famous soon enough. (+50) chibixeno will become famous soon enough. (+50) chibixeno will become famous soon enough. (+50) chibixeno will become famous soon enough. (+50) chibixeno will become famous soon enough. (+50) chibixeno will become famous soon enough. (+50) chibixeno will become famous soon enough. (+50) chibixeno will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    EAT NON-CALORIE DENSE FOODS.

A cup of egg whites takes up an entire pan for 100 calories.

You can eat as many green veggies as you can handle.

Drink coffee.

Eat delicious meals more than once a day. EX. I have this meal 3 sometimes 4 times a day.

1 cup of egg whites with ketchup.
    1 slice of bread with 1 tbs of peanut butter.
    Plate of veggies.
    1 strip of bacon.

All for under 400 cals.

servonlewis will become famous soon enough. (+50) servonlewis will become famous soon enough. (+50) servonlewis will become famous soon enough. (+50) servonlewis will become famous soon enough. (+50) servonlewis will become famous soon enough. (+50) servonlewis will become famous soon enough. (+50) servonlewis will become famous soon enough. (+50) servonlewis will become famous soon enough. (+50) servonlewis will become famous soon enough. (+50) servonlewis will become famous soon enough. (+50) servonlewis will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by nondualism View Post
    Like I mentioned before, IF has been my personal key to cutting. I NEVER had a successful cut before that.

I work night shifts, so my eating window is 4PM-Midnight. I eat a big meal when I wake up for work and then have protein shakes x2 before midnight. I start to get a little hungry before bed, but then I wake up and it's time to eat!

I'm currently doing a 750 calorie daily deficit. Daily calories are 1700-1750/day. Protein is 145-160g. I don't monitor anything else. I lift on a push day/pull day routine. I never even factor exercise calories burned into my plan - anything I burn is just gravy on top.
    Just curious, do you train legs?

Registered User JonahWhaleSlayr's Avatar
    JonahWhaleSlayr has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JonahWhaleSlayr has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JonahWhaleSlayr has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JonahWhaleSlayr has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JonahWhaleSlayr has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JonahWhaleSlayr has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JonahWhaleSlayr has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JonahWhaleSlayr has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JonahWhaleSlayr has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JonahWhaleSlayr has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JonahWhaleSlayr has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by abridgel View Post
    Yes you should feel hungry but you should also be satisified after you eat - you should look at some of the strategies others are using. I'd recommend

- Adding more veggies and low cal whole foods
    - Drinking more water
    - Greek Yogurt
    - Coffee, Tea, Sugar Free gum
    - Swapping out some useless carbs (ie white bread) for protein or fat
    This is what I do, swap some carbs for more protein. I'm hitting around 220 grams of protein. Dinner time is where I can't bear to feel hungry. I'll eat a huge protein dose then, last night I had black beans and 8 ounces of chicken. I was so full I wanted to barf. Solid protein will make you satiated. Time it when its the hardest. Of course since I'm doing around 2000-2200 calories a day, that means my fat macro is lower.

Karn235 is just really nice. (+1000) Karn235 is just really nice. (+1000) Karn235 is just really nice. (+1000) Karn235 is just really nice. (+1000) Karn235 is just really nice. (+1000) Karn235 is just really nice. (+1000) Karn235 is just really nice. (+1000) Karn235 is just really nice. (+1000) Karn235 is just really nice. (+1000) Karn235 is just really nice. (+1000) Karn235 is just really nice. (+1000)
    I'm never hungry on my cut, ever. And I have one of the largest appetites I know of, I eat really low calorie food and huge volumes of it. For breakfast I have a liter of almond (35 cal/serving) with 2 scoops select and an apple/with yogurt (35 cal per 100g), all of that is 450ish calories and its filling. You have to give up beef, regular milk, and other calorie dense foods if you want to be full. I can easily do this for ever if I wanted to..

Armstrong27 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Armstrong27 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Armstrong27 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Armstrong27 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Armstrong27 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Armstrong27 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Armstrong27 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Armstrong27 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Armstrong27 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Armstrong27 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Armstrong27 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    what do you eat and when? The reason I ask is the type of food or combination of food could be making more of a problem.

i generally find the more delicious you make a meal the more hungry you feel after (usually because sugar is added, sugar may as well be injected because it is absorbed instantly from the gut). For one, carbs make you hungry, they sit in your stomach for all of 30 minutes while fat and protein sit there for 3-4 hours. You should eat low gi carbs to at least increase this digestion time. Try casein protein at night, it sits in your stomach for 6 hours.
    Last edited by Armstrong27; 02-04-2015 at 03:28 PM.

Arnoldswim is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Arnoldswim is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Arnoldswim is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Arnoldswim is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Arnoldswim is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Arnoldswim is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Arnoldswim is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Arnoldswim is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Arnoldswim is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Arnoldswim is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Arnoldswim is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    The IF recommendations that have been made in this thread are good ones. Dieting is gonna result in hunger
    Doctor's Best
    Science-Based Nutrition
    DrBVitamins.com

***Doctor's Best Representative***

Former Member of US National Swim Team
    Gym Lifts: 355/275/450

(Opinions expressed here represent my own and not my employer)

JackDanielz3 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) JackDanielz3 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) JackDanielz3 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) JackDanielz3 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) JackDanielz3 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) JackDanielz3 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) JackDanielz3 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) JackDanielz3 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) JackDanielz3 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) JackDanielz3 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) JackDanielz3 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by Armstrong27 View Post
    i generally find the more delicious you make a meal the more hungry you feel after
    Yeah this is a great point. Like if I have a bowl of plain oats I can barely finish it and feel stuffed afterwards. But if I add a scoop of ice cream and cocoa powder the bowl is gone in 60 seconds and I'm spending the rest of the day craving more and more.

Originally Posted by sammynage View Post
    I just have to throw my 2 cents in here.

A loooong time a go, I did a high protein cut. I was miserable for 12 weeks. Dropped from 20+% bf, down to <10% (you could see my 8pk).

I absolutely hated it, and although I stayed in shape for years, eventually got burnt out.

Fast forward over a decade later, and better education.

On this cut, I'm getting a huge majority of my cals from solid fat (butter or coconut oil). I'm hungry, but only slightly. It's not unusual for me to take tsp of coconut oil to curb my appetite. I'm eating < 25g carbs a day.

It took me about 2weeks to adjust to lower carbs, and by 3-4 weeks I was humming along.

I've even taken a bite out of a stick of butter, just for a snack.

This has been the easiest cut I've ever done.

google bullet proof coffee. that might work for you.

The key for me, was to snack on some fat, just as I start to get hungry (snack time). Then, I'm usually good until my meal time.

Is it the panacea of dieting, and I never get hungry? No, I'm not going to say that, but upping my fat intake, but I very seldom get hunger pangs. When I do get hungry, it's usually just a uncomfortableness. After all, I'm on a cut. But, i'm definitely not ready to drive a rusty spike through my temple, like I wanted too on previous cuts.

I know a lot of people poopoo lchf or paleo diets, but it has really helped for this whale.

Cool. Thanks for that. I have been cooking my morning eggs with coconut oil. I have that right in the cabinet and it's pretty tasty. I'll give that a shot.