Page 15 of 80 FirstFirst ... 5 13 14 15 16 17 25 65 ... LastLast
    pastorpritch has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) pastorpritch has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) pastorpritch has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) pastorpritch has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) pastorpritch has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) pastorpritch has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) pastorpritch has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) pastorpritch has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) pastorpritch has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) pastorpritch has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) pastorpritch has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Good lookin' workout as usual
    I like the GMs description, will try to do that myself when I do them ... maybe even for RDLs
    Journal: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=175642411
    IG: parsonagegym

Official Agent of Swole™ jeezyreezy's Avatar
    jeezyreezy has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jeezyreezy has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jeezyreezy has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jeezyreezy has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jeezyreezy has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jeezyreezy has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jeezyreezy has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jeezyreezy has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jeezyreezy has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jeezyreezy has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jeezyreezy has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Way to recover and then go on to put up another set 5kg heavier. That's how it's done

The All-American American Woody-5's Avatar
    Woody-5 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Woody-5 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Woody-5 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Woody-5 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Woody-5 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Woody-5 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Woody-5 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Woody-5 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Woody-5 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Woody-5 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Woody-5 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Those are some damn fine squat sets with the 140x5 then a 145x4! That's how you come back from a failed first rep!
    PRs: Back Squat- 410x1 / Front Squat- 320x1/ Bench- 325x1 / Deadlift- 505x1

Woody's Quest for the Seven (journal):
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=177649631

rallyum has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rallyum has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rallyum has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rallyum has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rallyum has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rallyum has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rallyum has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rallyum has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rallyum has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rallyum has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rallyum has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by fittofattofit View Post
    As for anything overhead ... I just don't feel stable. I've really only got subscap intact on the right and subscap and supra on the left. If the bar gets off balance I just can't autocorrect
    Just dump and try again? I still can't lower the bar myself but since i believe ottermode is epic upperchest and delts, seriously they make a physique, been doing C&P for singles instead and hoping the volume adds up, PP for overload, and calisthenics for density - seems to work for gymnasts + shoulder raises like a badybuilder lul

As for your woes, you can get stability by pushing your head forward as you press - Oly's call it head inside and it naturally puts your shoulders in the most stable position (you might notice it with people who do it on bench), and if the RCs are making it so you lack that upward drive or oomph, compensate by shrugging the bar up as you press - the traps are also scap elevators (when oly's clean the bar up, they actually shrug their traps up into extension, bar meets hip and it pops onto the shoulders. This means their traps are still engaged when they go to jerk/press the bar up, whereas people who lift it off the rack have slack traps so are naturally in a bad position to press it. This isn't something you really notice until you break the 1x bw mark, you'll feel your body naturally doing it, and doing it below that mark just leads to overkill and impingement cos too much elevation, but you're lacking RCs and have more clearance than most - tenodesis and acromioplasty - so might get away with it/necessary. Omar Isuf has a really good recent vid on overhead pressing if you want something more general princples)
    (\ /)
    ( . .)
    c('')('')

JohnButz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JohnButz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JohnButz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JohnButz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JohnButz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JohnButz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JohnButz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JohnButz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JohnButz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JohnButz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JohnButz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    hey ..... I'm a one percenter ...... things go better with Coke

I'll leave it to the last minute ... procrastination is my middle name

Seriously strong ... 750kg+ for the total! I'm sure he's got 20kg on you though

Seeing her from the car with the eldest daughter next to me ... Mothers' Day and she'd been on her own then was spending the afternoon watching Port play football. I'd never have been able to drag her to watch the football with me. Pretty sad

As for anything overhead ... I just don't feel stable. I've really only got subscap intact on the right and subscap and supra on the left. If the bar gets off balance I just can't autocorrect

Thanks Jeezy ... nothing heavy but I'll just peg away at the volume. Pull-ups is 1-2 minutes between sets

Welcome PP! First visit for 2015

Tuesday 12th May 2015

75kg/165lbs

Squats with JP

Warm-up
    Lateral lunges .... bar x 10 each side
    BB paused squats .... bar x 15 seconds

Squats
    5 x 60kg (132lbs)
    5 x 100kg (220lbs)
    5 x 120kg (264lbs)
    F x 140kg (308lbs)
    5 x 140kg (308lbs)
    4 x 145kg (319lbs)
    Should have gone for the 5th rep

Superset
    Step ups to 18" box

10 x 60kg BB (132lbs)
    10 x 60kg BB (132lbs)
    10 x 60kg BB (132lbs)
    with GHD sit-ups
    12 x BW
    12 x BW
    12 x BW
    All pretty good

Superset ... GMs/Metcon
    Good mornings 10 x 40kg
    Airdyne cycle 10 cals @ 75RPM
    Good mornings 10 x 40kg
    Good mornings 10 x 40kg
    GMs strict: straight leg, 3 secs down, hip drive up
    No rest between sets

Piriformis and glute stretches

50 minutes

The session
    Squats
    120kg x 5 .... Easy. Could feel the ITB pulling and was trying to protect it
    140kg x F .... trying to protect that ITB and went down superslow and got stuck at the bottom so dumped.
    140kg x 5 .... Good. Maybe had another 2 reps
    145kg x 4 .... Plan was for 5. 4th rep got a little forward and the bar slipped back on my shoulders. Felt off balance so I declined the 5th rep. Should have settled myself and gone for the 5th
    JP said my breathing on the squats up to 140kg was really good

Step-ups to 18" box/GHD sit-ups
    10 x 60kg .... felt so light. Always worried I'll trip over on the last few reps but no fatigue at all
    GHD sit-ups .... pretty easy as well other than the feel that I'm going to regurg my Xtend when I'm hanging down

GMs/Airdyne cycle
    Good Mornings ... 40kg x 10 ... light but very strict: close stance, legs straight, butt back and slow 3 second neg, power up with the glutes and hammies
    Airdyne cycle ... cycle-rower @ 75rpm for 10 cals.
    No rest between sets and I was gassed by the airdynes

By the end of the session I'd forgotten about the ITB
    140kg x 5 isn't quite 'easy' yet but I'm not far off. I need to have confidence and if all my reps were as good as the best one then that would be no problem
    Had a nice ham and egg sandwich as PWO
    Awesome session! I've been MIA for a while, but I see you are still doing outstanding work. Subbed in!
    Workout Log:
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=179207031

koweanguy has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) koweanguy has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) koweanguy has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) koweanguy has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) koweanguy has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) koweanguy has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) koweanguy has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) koweanguy has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) koweanguy has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) koweanguy has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) koweanguy has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    And SM2SM .... squat more to squat more
    Woah. . jotting this down mentally.

And I thought that F was a typo. .
    but realized the workout is even grittier when you convert your setbacks to comebacks!!

Swuuu has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Swuuu has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Swuuu has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Swuuu has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Swuuu has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Swuuu has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Swuuu has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Swuuu has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Swuuu has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Swuuu has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Swuuu has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Thanks Nadeem ... it was a New Year's gift to myself now that there's no-one to veto me building a man cave
    Nice looking cave it is. I want one.

I'm getting to like the hypers on the GHD
    I've still got a lot of work to do to tidy up my squat form
    youve been using the GHD quite a bit lately. Must be something about it .

Probably just gotta tweak it here and there. But you had a good comeback after the failed set there.

There've been Chinese Australians since the 1850s gold rush, but what I find strange is hearing ****lians with broad Aussie accents
    Dam youve been around since the 1850's?

Bloody but unbowed fittofattofit's Avatar
    fittofattofit has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fittofattofit has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fittofattofit has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fittofattofit has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fittofattofit has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fittofattofit has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fittofattofit has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fittofattofit has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fittofattofit has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fittofattofit has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fittofattofit has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)

Tuesday 12th May 2015

75kg/165lbs

Squats with JP

Warm-up

Squats
    5 x 60kg (132lbs)
    5 x 100kg (220lbs)
    5 x 120kg (264lbs)
    F x 140kg (308lbs)
    5 x 140kg (308lbs)
    4 x 145kg (319lbs)
    Should have gone for the 5th rep

Superset
    Step ups to 18" box

10 x 60kg BB (132lbs)
    10 x 60kg BB (132lbs)
    10 x 60kg BB (132lbs)
    with GHD sit-ups
    12 x BW
    12 x BW
    12 x BW
    All pretty good

Superset ... GMs/Metcon
    Good mornings 10 x 40kg
    Good mornings 10 x 40kg
    Good mornings 10 x 40kg
    GMs strict: straight leg, 3 secs down, hip drive up
    No rest between sets

50 minutes

The session
    Squats
    120kg x 5 .... Easy. Could feel the ITB pulling and was trying to protect it
    140kg x F .... trying to protect that ITB and went down superslow and got stuck at the bottom so dumped.
    140kg x 5 .... Good. Maybe had another 2 reps
    145kg x 4 .... Plan was for 5. 4th rep got a little forward and the bar slipped back on my shoulders. Felt off balance so I declined the 5th rep. Should have settled myself and gone for the 5th
    JP said my breathing on the squats up to 140kg was really good

Step-ups to 18" box/GHD sit-ups
    10 x 60kg .... felt so light. Always worried I'll trip over on the last few reps but no fatigue at all
    GHD sit-ups .... pretty easy as well other than the feel that I'm going to regurg my Xtend when I'm hanging down

GMs/Airdyne cycle
    Good Mornings ... 40kg x 10 ... light but very strict: close stance, legs straight, butt back and slow 3 second neg, power up with the glutes and hammies
    Airdyne cycle ... cycle-rower @ 75rpm for 10 cals.
    No rest between sets and I was gassed by the airdynes

By the end of the session I'd forgotten about the ITB
    140kg x 5 isn't quite 'easy' yet but I'm not far off. I need to have confidence and if all my reps were as good as the best one then that would be no problem
    Had a nice ham and egg sandwich as PWO

Originally Posted by pastorpritch View Post
    Good lookin' workout as usual
    I like the GMs description, will try to do that myself when I do them ... maybe even for RDLs
    Thanks PP ... a lot of people go too heavy on GMs and turn them into a half-arsed squat/upper back exercise. Maintaining the tightness through the glutes and hammies, and using them and the erectors to power up the bar is the key. You can go heavier with RDLs but the same principal about making sure you feel the tension through the glutes and hammies applies

Originally Posted by jeezyreezy View Post
    Way to recover and then go on to put up another set 5kg heavier. That's how it's done
    Thanks Jeezy ... I knew it was just a mis-timing and I was pretty happy to get that weight for 5 reps. I was a bit of a pussy though about the 145kg ... should have steadied and gone for that 5th rep

Originally Posted by Woody-5 View Post
    Those are some damn fine squat sets with the 140x5 then a 145x4! That's how you come back from a failed first rep!
    Thanks Woody .... I want 150kg x 5 with your squat form!

Originally Posted by rallyum View Post
    Just dump and try again? I still can't lower the bar myself but since i believe ottermode is epic upperchest and delts, seriously they make a physique, been doing C&P for singles instead and hoping the volume adds up, PP for overload, and calisthenics for density - seems to work for gymnasts + shoulder raises like a badybuilder lul
    There's no doubt in my mind that oly lifters and crossfitters have the best looking physiques .... that upper chest and delt size! Doing functional lifts like clean and press appeals to me much more than the idea of doing BB type reps to correct an imbalance that shouldn't be there. I like your programming ideas although why bother with the shoulder raises? Just do more OH pressing! Pretty impressive that you've worked through all your shoulder injuries

Originally Posted by rallyum View Post
    As for your woes, you can get stability by pushing your head forward as you press - Oly's call it head inside and it naturally puts your shoulders in the most stable position (you might notice it with people who do it on bench), and if the RCs are making it so you lack that upward drive or oomph, compensate by shrugging the bar up as you press - the traps are also scap elevators (when oly's clean the bar up, they actually shrug their traps up into extension, bar meets hip and it pops onto the shoulders. This means their traps are still engaged when they go to jerk/press the bar up, whereas people who lift it off the rack have slack traps so are naturally in a bad position to press it. This isn't something you really notice until you break the 1x bw mark, you'll feel your body naturally doing it, and doing it below that mark just leads to overkill and impingement cos too much elevation, but you're lacking RCs and have more clearance than most - tenodesis and acromioplasty - so might get away with it/necessary. Omar Isuf has a really good recent vid on overhead pressing if you want something more general princples)
    Yep .... impingement won't be a problem ... nothing there to impinge
    I'd really love to get into some overhead pressing and I keep thinking about it ... I used to have very good shoulder development and I've lost a fair bit of size. When I do press overhead I do tuck my head inside and I can stay stable that way ... with JP the only OH exercise I've done has been OH squats, and the highest weight 50kg. I can stabilise that though. My worry is always that my poor tracking on the left shoulder on the way up will translate into bony injury at the GHJ because of translational movement there. Once my arms are overhead, elbows locked and shoulders in ER it's good. Snatch would seem to be a good movement for me but I'm not sure about how my facet joint would like it. Clean and jerk feel weird because of the tracking but I'd like to do it, and I suspect that doing it would actually free up my left shoulder so that it would improve my passive ER ... I know that active ER isn't going t happen but there's no reason other than a sh!tload of scarring that should prevent me from mechanically getting into ER. If I had more time I'd probably get JP to take me for a third day a week and just work on form for oly lifts and accessories .... he's very good oly trainer. Any thoughts on all this
    I'll check out that vid a little later ... I like his vids that I've seen before

Originally Posted by JohnButz View Post
    Awesome session! I've been MIA for a while, but I see you are still doing outstanding work. Subbed in!
    Thanks John!

Originally Posted by koweanguy View Post
    And SM2SM .... squat more to squat more
    Woah. . jotting this down mentally.
    It may not be true for other lifts but it definitely works for squats! The barrier for me is that my knees do complain after a while

And I thought that F was a typo. .
    but realized the workout is even grittier when you convert your setbacks to comebacks!! ; )
    Yeah .... mistimed that rep and got stuck down. I probably could have muscled it back up with some awful form but it wasn't worth the risk. I was pleased to get that weight for 5 reps after

Originally Posted by Swuuu View Post
    Nice looking cave it is. I want one.
    The problem with getting your own cave is that you want to keep adding to it .... more is not enough!

youve been using the GHD quite a bit lately. Must be something about it .

Probably just gotta tweak it here and there. But you had a good comeback after the failed set there.

Dam youve been around since the 1850's?
    Yeah ... I'm about to have my 165th birthday
    "Better to wear out than rust out!"

Squat 165kg/363lbs
    Deadlift 190kg/418lbs

fittofattofit has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fittofattofit has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fittofattofit has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fittofattofit has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fittofattofit has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fittofattofit has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fittofattofit has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fittofattofit has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fittofattofit has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fittofattofit has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fittofattofit has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)

Thursday 14th April 2015

AM Pre-hab session

4 circuits of
    Single leg deadlifts and hip IRs ... 12 each leg
    Roller board single leg jacknife/push-up combos ... 6 each leg/12 pushups
    TRX reverse flyes ... 12 reps
    Cable wood chops ... 12 each side
    Lying overhead cable extensions ... 12 reps
    Thoracic rotation cable pull-throughs ... 12 reps each side

30 minutes

Thursday 14th April 2015

PM Macenko bench day 3

Macenko ... Week 3 Day 1
    8 x 50kg (110lbs) 60%
    6 x 60kg (132lbs) 75%
    5 x 65kg (143lbs) 80%
    4 x 67.5kg (149lbs) 85%
    4 x 67.5kg (149lbs) 85%
    3 x 67.5kg (149lbs) 85%
    4 x 65kg (143lbs) 80% AMRAP
    Missed a rep at 85% and p!ss poor AMRAP

20 minutes

Friday 15th May 2015

165lbs

Deadies

Warm-up
    Banded Good Mornings ... 12 x blue band
    Banded side-steps ... 12 each side x blue band
    Banded Good Mornings ... 12 x blue band
    Banded side-steps ... 12 each side x blue band

Deadlifts
    5 x 60kg (132lbs) ... 3sec negatives
    5 x 60kg (132lbs) ... 3sec negatives
    5 x 100kg (220lbs)
    5 x 120kg (264lbs)
    5 x 140kg (308lbs)
    5 x 160kg (352lbs)
    2 x 170kg (374lbs)
    1 x 162.5kg (358lbs)
    160 felt great
    170 ... should have got 3
    No mindfcuk though

Superset
    Pendlay rows

10 x 60kg (132lbs)
    8 x 80kg (176lbs)
    6 x 90kg (198lbs)
    Power up; control down
    with ring pull-ups
    10 x BW
    6, 4 x BW
    6, 4 x BW
    dead hang to chest-to-rings
    Bis and lats were fatigued

Metcon
    Deadball cleans ... tabata

Deadball cleans 45kg/100lbs x 20 seconds ... 9 reps
    10 seconds rest
    Deadball cleans 45kg/100lbs x 20 seconds ... 5 reps
    10 seconds rest
    Deadball cleans 45kg/100lbs x 20 seconds ... 5 reps
    10 seconds rest
    Deadball cleans 45kg/100lbs x 20 seconds ... 3 reps
    10 seconds rest
    Deadball cleans 45kg/100lbs x 20 seconds ... 3 reps
    Hit the wall the last two sets
    Was gasping

GHD hyperextension holds/reps
    30 second hold, then 5 reps
    30 second hold, then 5 reps
    40 second hold, then 5 reps
    Fuarck that last set!

50 minutes

The session
    Deads
    140kg x 5 ... Felt really good. Very quick
    160kg x 5 ... did my usual and spent 30 seconds paused over the bar. Pulled it though and JP said it looked really good
    170kg x 2 ... was supposed to go for 5 but that was never going to happen I spent probably 20 seconds over the bar but the first pull felt good. 2nd pull was good but JP said I looked very tense through and didn't grab a good breath so 3rd was always going to be hard
    162.5kg x 1 ... super tight. Got the timing and the breathing wrong. Didn't feel bad about it though

Pendlay rows/Ring pull-ups
    6 x 90kg Pendlays ... good
    Ring pull-ups x 10 ... from dead hang to chest-to-rings. 1st set was good ... after that I could feel the biceps fatiguing. JP got some curl work in by assisting me with the last few reps

Deadball clean Tabata
    ... 5/8ths Tabata really because proper Tabata should be 20 seconds on, 10 off for 8 rounds
    First set felt great but only 10 seconds rest, then more
    I hit the wall on the 4th set, dies on the 5th

Overall
    I was actually happy with the day. 160kg x 5 felt good even though I wasted time over the bar. No mindfuk over 170kg so I was very happy. I'm sure I psyched myself out of a 3rd rep. One really good thing is that my back has felt very strong and stable ... no clicking of that facet joint and no pain while pulling. It's always painful the rest of the time but the deads are not making it worse ... I know it's a long way from an easy 180 x 3, which was my best day on deads, but maybe a turning point
    Last edited by fittofattofit; 05-15-2015 at 08:13 AM.

Squat 165kg/363lbs
    Deadlift 190kg/418lbs

RyouBakua has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) RyouBakua has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) RyouBakua has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) RyouBakua has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) RyouBakua has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) RyouBakua has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) RyouBakua has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) RyouBakua has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) RyouBakua has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) RyouBakua has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) RyouBakua has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    374 deads!

now were talking!

kicked ass on that one bro

my guys always laugh because i move plates around so much they dont know what weight theyre doing
    [][][][]===FREE AGENT===[][][][]
    Mod-Repped 26 times, your argument is invalid
    My workout log: www.tinyurl.com/WWRBD
    155k Reps if you Subscribe/Like my Hawaiian Fitness Channel/********
    www.********.com/808FiT1
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=152321863&page=44
    30 Mile Spartan Trifecta Completed 8/16 & 8/17/2014

THErunCMD has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) THErunCMD has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) THErunCMD has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) THErunCMD has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) THErunCMD has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) THErunCMD has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) THErunCMD has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) THErunCMD has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) THErunCMD has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) THErunCMD has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) THErunCMD has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Nice work! Glad to see a good dead session. A bench session without injury is also a good bench session, I wouldn't beat yourself up over it.
    "Yea, though I farmer's walk through the valley of the shadow of deadlift, I will fear no repetition: for the power rack art with me; thy plate and thy barbell they comfort me."

()---() York Barbell Club #48 ()---()
    []---[] Ivanko Barbell Crew #40 []---[]
    [M]===[6] Mech6 Crew #6 [M]===[6]
    ▪█──────█▪ Equipment Crew #64 ▪█──────█▪

jeezyreezy has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jeezyreezy has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jeezyreezy has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jeezyreezy has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jeezyreezy has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jeezyreezy has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jeezyreezy has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jeezyreezy has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jeezyreezy has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jeezyreezy has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jeezyreezy has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    170kg for 2 is awesome. Way to crush it

Originally Posted by RyouBakua View Post
    374 deads!

now were talking!

kicked ass on that one bro
    Thanks Ryou .. of course I'll really only be happy when I'm pulling 180 again without the mindfcuks happening

Originally Posted by RyouBakua View Post
    my guys always laugh because i move plates around so much they dont know what weight theyre doing
    I need some of that happening ... I'm sure I'd be better off if I thought the bar weighed 20kg less than really was

Originally Posted by THErunCMD View Post
    Nice work! Glad to see a good dead session. A bench session without injury is also a good bench session, I wouldn't beat yourself up over it.
    Thanks Austin .. probably the best part of it is that next day I'm feeling good ... low back isn't any more sore than normal
    Next deads will come up on Wednesday so IO'll get to test it again

170kg for 2 is awesome. Way to crush it
    Thanks Jeeezy!

Squat 165kg/363lbs
    Deadlift 190kg/418lbs

JohnButz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JohnButz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JohnButz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JohnButz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JohnButz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JohnButz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JohnButz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JohnButz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JohnButz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JohnButz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JohnButz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Awesome to see those ring pullups!
    Workout Log:

adamsz has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) adamsz has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) adamsz has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) adamsz has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) adamsz has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) adamsz has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) adamsz has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) adamsz has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) adamsz has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) adamsz has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) adamsz has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    374x2 deadlift - looks like you're getting back into that 4 plate territory again which has got to be a good feeling. Just remember to emphasize quality over quantity and don't get too caught up in chasing numbers

Pretty cool to see the steady progression on bench. Seems like I remember you were doing around 135ish lbs forever because you had (I think) shoulder issues at the time so you were just doing that to maintain some mass and form. Looks like it's progressing nicely now though, and you already know bench is my favorite lift. After all, what's not to love bout an exercise you get to do while laying down?!?
    Awesome pics. Great size. Look thick. Solid. Tight. Keep us all posted on your continued progress with any new progress pics or vid clips. Show us what you got man. Wanna see how freakin' huge, solid, thick and tight you can get. Thanks for the motivation.

Is your back feeling it today after those dl's and rows?

Awesome to see those ring pullups!
    Taking a leaf out of your book
    I like doing the BW work but superstted like that it quickly becomes a real challenge for me. Now I want to be cool and move on to muscle-ups

Originally Posted by adamsz View Post
    374x2 deadlift - looks like you're getting back into that 4 plate territory again which has got to be a good feeling. Just remember to emphasize quality over quantity and don't get too caught up in chasing numbers
    Thanks Zack .... around the middle of last year I was at the stage where I could pull 4pps every time I went for it, then piriformis and sciatica did me in. The good thing for me this time was that my low back stayed tight during the lift and my form felt good so hopefully that will allow me to build on those reps. I'd much rather see 5 reps at 170 than 180 as a single

Originally Posted by adamsz View Post
    Pretty cool to see the steady progression on bench. Seems like I remember you were doing around 135ish lbs forever because you had (I think) shoulder issues at the time so you were just doing that to maintain some mass and form. Looks like it's progressing nicely now though, and you already know bench is my favorite lift. After all, what's not to love bout an exercise you get to do while laying down?!?
    You're right ... I was just working for volume at 135 to keep the mass but when I tested the higher weights and my shoulders didn't bark I figured it was time to build in a bit of progression .... I'm chasing you now

Is your back feeling it today after those dl's and rows?
    My back has been felling great ... it's actually my quads and glutes that have had the DOMS

Squat 165kg/363lbs
    Deadlift 190kg/418lbs

I have never gotten the hang of muscle ups. I still occasionally give then a go, but can't seem to get the technique together. I think it was a year or so ago, I went to the local playground and worked on them for about an hour---ended up extremely sore from my attempts lol.
    Workout Log:

I have never gotten the hang of muscle ups. I still occasionally give then a go, but can't seem to get the technique together. I think it was a year or so ago, I went to the local playground and worked on them for about an hour---ended up extremely sore from my attempts lol.
    I saw this vid and the real trick is to make the pull-up more like a straight arm pull-down
    https://youtu.be/EKg5hfbj6Jg

.... maybe one day

Squat 165kg/363lbs
    Deadlift 190kg/418lbs

Thanks for the vid Andrew! I definitely want to incorporate them into my training. I figured it was a technique thing, but usually became frustrated trying to figure them out.
    Workout Log:

Swuuu has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Swuuu has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Swuuu has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Swuuu has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Swuuu has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Swuuu has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Swuuu has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Swuuu has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Swuuu has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Swuuu has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Swuuu has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    The problem with getting your own cave is that you want to keep adding to it .... more is not enough!
    Seems like you have plenty of space for it though no?

Yeah ... I'm about to have my 165th birthday
    lol

Those negatives on the deads must really have everything burning. How do you like those and the single leg deads?

Must have grown some serious wings after that session there

koweanguy has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) koweanguy has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) koweanguy has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) koweanguy has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) koweanguy has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) koweanguy has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) koweanguy has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) koweanguy has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) koweanguy has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) koweanguy has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) koweanguy has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    I saw this vid and the real trick is to make the pull-up more like a straight arm pull-down
    https://youtu.be/EKg5hfbj6Jg

.... maybe one day
    Easier shown than done
    Like @JohnButz. . I attempted it probably 4 times in 2013.
    PR for Wide Grip Pull Ups was 23 reps. . but I couldn't even do 1 muscle ups correctly
    But still, thank you for the vid! It has sparked my curiosity again!

pastorpritch has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) pastorpritch has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) pastorpritch has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) pastorpritch has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) pastorpritch has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) pastorpritch has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) pastorpritch has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) pastorpritch has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) pastorpritch has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) pastorpritch has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) pastorpritch has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Good lookin' workout, would have had that heart pumping for sure. Nice job on the deadlifts
    I miss working rings , I miss the gymnastics and calisthenics we used to do like muscle ups. Good stuff man that's not easy!
    Journal: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=175642411
    IG: parsonagegym

Thanks for the vid Andrew! I definitely want to incorporate them into my training. I figured it was a technique thing, but usually became frustrated trying to figure them out.
    Yeah ... when I saw that vid it all made sense. I still can't get close though

Seems like you have plenty of space for it though no?
    I've got a second room just the same so I could have my rack and bench in one room and kettle bells, ropes and assorted other torture gear in the other room

Those negatives on the deads must really have everything burning. How do you like those and the single leg deads?

Must have grown some serious wings after that session there : p
    The negs on the deads helped me tighten up so my back felt solid going in for the heavier reps
    I've still got a way to go to get back the wings I had last year ... I've been slacking off on the lat work and the rows ... tried to make up for it a little today

Easier shown than done : (
    Like @JohnButz. . I attempted it probably 4 times in 2013.
    PR for Wide Grip Pull Ups was 23 reps. . but I couldn't even do 1 muscle ups correctly : (
    But still, thank you for the vid! It has sparked my curiosity again!
    Pretty sick work getting 23 reps on the wide grip pull-ups ... and that's at nearly 200lbs. I'd love to do a good muscle-up and then move on to that über-cool party trick .... the flag

Originally Posted by pastorpritch View Post
    Good lookin' workout, would have had that heart pumping for sure. Nice job on the deadlifts : D
    I miss working rings : (, I miss the gymnastics and calisthenics we used to do like muscle ups. Good stuff man that's not easy!
    Thanks Pritch .. that was my first good deadlift session for about two months and probably the best I've pulled this year so far
    The ring work is fun but it doesn't take long it to go from 'easy' to 'fail'

Sunday 17th April 2015

165lbs

Macenko bench/BB Rows

Macenko ... Week 3 Day 2
    8 x 50kg (110lbs) 60%
    6 x 60kg (132lbs) 75%
    5 x 65kg (143lbs) 80%
    4 x 67.5kg (149lbs) 85%
    4 x 67.5kg (149lbs) 85%
    5 x 65kg (143lbs) 80% AMRAP
    5 x 65kg (143lbs) 80% AMRAP
    Felt better but still p!ss poor AMRAP

Yates Rows
    10 x 60kg (132lbs)
    10 x 90kg (198lbs)
    10 x 110kg (242lbs)
    8 x 120kg (264lbs)
    8 x 120kg (264lbs)
    8 x 120kg (264lbs)
    8 x 120kg (264lbs)
    16 x 100kg (220lbs)
    I forgot how much I miss rows

40 minutes

Saturday ... at the footy! ... had a fun day yesterday .. slept in until 10am, then had lunch and drinks in the corporate pavilion at Adelaide Oval and prime seats to watch the AFL match between the Crows and St Kilda, all courtesy of my friend John ... he's the guy I squatted with a few weeks back.

Loaded up my plate with protein, sank plenty of beers and red wine, my team won, kicked on to the Casino for a few drinks, and finished up in a Korean restaurant. I don't remember much about walking home but I was pretty merry

Sunday ... I woke up hungover and spent Sunday rehydrating. I managed to get into my gym at 6pm for a short session ... Macenko bench was feeling OK and probably the easiest reps so far, but I'm still p!ssweak when it comes to the AMRAP sets. Week 4 Day 1 will see a 5kg bump in the top set .... hmmm. I'll give it a go but I suspect I'll be repeating a few weeks. The Yates rows felt good

I've got an intense few days training lined up:
    Monday .... Squats with JP
    Wednesday .... Deads with JP
    Thursday .... Squats with John at the home gym
    I'm sort of looking forward to it and sort of scared

Squat 165kg/363lbs
    Deadlift 190kg/418lbs

Sparta11 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Sparta11 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Sparta11 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Sparta11 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Sparta11 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Sparta11 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Sparta11 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Sparta11 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Sparta11 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Sparta11 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Sparta11 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Food beer and more food...Sounds like you had yourself a night.

securekey is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) securekey is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) securekey is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) securekey is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) securekey is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) securekey is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) securekey is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) securekey is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) securekey is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) securekey is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) securekey is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    I am so far behind in here rl has been busy.

Glad things are moving along well.

nwskier has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) nwskier has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) nwskier has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) nwskier has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) nwskier has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) nwskier has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) nwskier has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) nwskier has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) nwskier has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) nwskier has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) nwskier has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Macenko bench/BB Rows[/B][/size][/color]

Yates Rows

Saturday ... at the footy! ... had a fun day yesterday .. slept in until 10am, then had lunch and drinks in the corporate pavilion at Adelaide Oval and prime seats to watch the AFL match between the Crows and St Kilda, all courtesy of my friend John ... he's the guy I squatted with a few weeks back.

Loaded up my plate with protein, sank plenty of beers and red wine, my team won, kicked on to the Casino for a few drinks, and finished up in a Korean restaurant. I don't remember much about walking home but I was pretty merry
    Bench + Rows + Footy + 'a night' = lots of winning! sounds like a pretty damn fun couple days

wishiwasdivin has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) wishiwasdivin has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) wishiwasdivin has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) wishiwasdivin has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) wishiwasdivin has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) wishiwasdivin has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) wishiwasdivin has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) wishiwasdivin has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) wishiwasdivin has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) wishiwasdivin has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) wishiwasdivin has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Mirin those pulls from the other day.

Freaking awesome Yates Row's to
    ᕙ(͡°‿ ͡°)

THErunCMD has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) THErunCMD has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) THErunCMD has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) THErunCMD has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) THErunCMD has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) THErunCMD has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) THErunCMD has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) THErunCMD has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) THErunCMD has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) THErunCMD has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) THErunCMD has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Are you failing down to the safeties on the AMRAP sets? Otherwise, is it pain, or just a grinder that makes you stop on them? I wonder if it has just been so long since real volume benching that you aren't quite adapted.

I had a plan to learn to muscle up but then my ring mount pulled out of the ceiling when my wife and I were both hanging on it for fun. I really need to put something up again. I would like to hang a pull-up bar and hang rings from that....

Looks like an awesome Saturday, but that probably also contributed to lower reps at the end so don't sell yourself short on the kg bump!
    "Yea, though I farmer's walk through the valley of the shadow of deadlift, I will fear no repetition: for the power rack art with me; thy plate and thy barbell they comfort me."

()---() York Barbell Club #48 ()---()
    []---[] Ivanko Barbell Crew #40 []---[]
    [M]===[6] Mech6 Crew #6 [M]===[6]
    ▪█──────█▪ Equipment Crew #64 ▪█──────█▪

Originally Posted by Sparta11 View Post
    Food beer and more food...Sounds like you had yourself a night.
    It was beautiful weather, good company, and a great way to spend a day ... helped take my mind off other sh!te

Originally Posted by securekey View Post
    I am so far behind in here : ( rl has been busy.

Glad things are moving along well.
    Thanks SK ... I've been flat out with RL just trying to deal with the domestic stuff (and pay the lawyers' fees), sort out sh!t at work, keep the money coming in, and all the time making sure I get some training in to stay sane. I just love a good training day

Originally Posted by nwskier View Post
    Bench + Rows + Footy + 'a night' = lots of winning! sounds like a pretty damn fun couple days
    Thanks Tim ... I had a great day ... suffered for it that night though
    Did you ever get to see an Aussie Rules match when you were in Aus? You'd love a day like that ... next time!

Originally Posted by wishiwasdivin View Post
    Mirin those pulls from the other day.

Freaking awesome Yates Row's to
    Thanks Carl! I've still got a lot of work to do for my pulls, but I can feel my back getting stronger and more stable so hopefully I can shift things up a gear

Are you failing down to the safeties on the AMRAP sets? Otherwise, is it pain, or just a grinder that makes you stop on them? I wonder if it has just been so long since real volume benching that you aren't quite adapted.
    On the AMRAPs it's usually a fail onto the safeties or a grinder ... no pain so far (which is the main thing for me). I think that you'e right about it being about adaptation. For a long time after all the shoulder ops my benching was done so light and slow that I pretty much forgot how to generate any power or speed with pressing. It's weird, but I think a lot of my training has got to be about re-educating my pecs and tris on how to work

I had a plan to learn to muscle up but then my ring mount pulled out of the ceiling when my wife and I were both hanging on it for fun. I really need to put something up again. I would like to hang a pull-up bar and hang rings from that....

Looks like an awesome Saturday, but that probably also contributed to lower reps at the end so don't sell yourself short on the kg bump!
    I'll try not to psyche myself out of the next round of Macenko

Tuesday 192th May 2015

75kg/165lbs

Squats with JP

Warm-up
    BB paused squats .... bar x 10 seconds x 3
    Quad stretches
    BB paused squats .... bar x 10 seconds x 3
    Quad stretches

Squats
    5 x 60kg (132lbs)
    5 x 100kg (220lbs)