ToxicCorpse has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ToxicCorpse has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ToxicCorpse has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ToxicCorpse has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Unhappy Whats the best thing to do if you miss a day of your workout schedule?

Having a three day split, missing a single day- chest, shoulders, triceps- as it happened to be, usually has a profound negative effect on my weeks gains. I eat allot and missing a workout a day which I've spent most of eating instantly adds flab.

As I see it, there are two options; 1) I could simply ignore the absence of training on that day and go about the rest of my routine like nothing happened; or 2) I train the muscle group the following day and push the rest of my schedule back one day:

sun: Legs
    mon: off
    teus: Chest, Shoulders, Tricep
    wed: off
    Thur: off
    Fri: Back, Bicep
    Sat: off

After missing Teusdays workout, it would be...

sun: off
    mon: Legs
    teus: off
    wed: Chest, Shoulders, Tricep
    Thur: off
    Fri: off
    Sat: Back, Bicep

Train smarter not harder amusclehead's Avatar
    amusclehead is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) amusclehead is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) amusclehead is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) amusclehead is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) amusclehead is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) amusclehead is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) amusclehead is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) amusclehead is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) amusclehead is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) amusclehead is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) amusclehead is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    shrug it off. you arn't gona lose anything from 1 day.
    Booo

BRIT_BEEF has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BRIT_BEEF has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BRIT_BEEF has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BRIT_BEEF has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BRIT_BEEF has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BRIT_BEEF has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BRIT_BEEF has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BRIT_BEEF has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BRIT_BEEF has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BRIT_BEEF has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BRIT_BEEF has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Re: Whats the best thing to do if you miss a day of your workout schedule?

Originally posted by ToxicCorpse
    2) I train the muscle group the following day and push the rest of my schedule back one day.
    I am currently following a 3 day split myself and this is what I do when I miss a day.
    http://www.hardcorebodybuilding.net/hb-db/phpBB2/index.php - only place I post now!

www.fortifiediron.com
    www.homefitness101.com

The original good guys....

bignbuff/sychokid/psupower/coneytt/LostProphet

Atavis is a name known to all. (+5000) Atavis is a name known to all. (+5000) Atavis is a name known to all. (+5000) Atavis is a name known to all. (+5000) Atavis is a name known to all. (+5000) Atavis is a name known to all. (+5000) Atavis is a name known to all. (+5000) Atavis is a name known to all. (+5000) Atavis is a name known to all. (+5000) Atavis is a name known to all. (+5000) Atavis is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Get over it and consider it an extra day of recovery.

Not like 1 day is going to screw up 12 weeks worth of work.

D&G has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) D&G has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) D&G has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) D&G has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) D&G has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) D&G has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) D&G has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) D&G has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) D&G has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) D&G has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) D&G has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally posted by Atavis
    Get over it and consider it an extra day of recovery.
    and remember that recovery is a GOOD thing
    "my grocery bill looks like a ransom note"

scott_donald has the mod powerz scott_donald has the mod powerz scott_donald has the mod powerz scott_donald has the mod powerz scott_donald has the mod powerz scott_donald has the mod powerz scott_donald has the mod powerz scott_donald has the mod powerz scott_donald has the mod powerz scott_donald has the mod powerz scott_donald has the mod powerz
    Originally posted by amusclehead
    shrug it off. you arn't gona lose anything from 1 day.
    bump...

rurkster has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) rurkster has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) rurkster has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) rurkster has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    To continue the trend.. just shrug it off... just don't make a habit of it though.

Kane Fan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Kane Fan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Kane Fan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Kane Fan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Kane Fan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Kane Fan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Kane Fan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Kane Fan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Kane Fan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Kane Fan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Kane Fan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    depends on how you missed it
    the KEY thing is to chill out, stress is bad for lifting and growing
    so don't go freaking out over a missed day
    that's key

secondarily if you can do the workout you missed, w/out screwing up the rest of your schedual (wich you should be able to do thanks to being a 3 day split, unless your other days are full of stuff) you can just do a makeup day
    otherwise just skip it, give those m uscles extra recovery time
    no huge loss

Lateral Raise Promoter RippedGuitarist's Avatar
    RippedGuitarist has a spectacular aura about. (+250) RippedGuitarist has a spectacular aura about. (+250) RippedGuitarist has a spectacular aura about. (+250) RippedGuitarist has a spectacular aura about. (+250) RippedGuitarist has a spectacular aura about. (+250) RippedGuitarist has a spectacular aura about. (+250) RippedGuitarist has a spectacular aura about. (+250) RippedGuitarist has a spectacular aura about. (+250) RippedGuitarist has a spectacular aura about. (+250) RippedGuitarist has a spectacular aura about. (+250) RippedGuitarist has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    I say just do it the next day as long as it doesn't effect any of your other workouts. Since your doing a 3 day split your not gonna be combining two workouts into one, and your not missing any rest because you got rest the day you missed your workout.

Also there is no reason to move your other workouts up one day. You still got rest in between each workout, you'll be fine. I say go for it man.

If you were doing a 4 or 5 day split like I usually do, I'd say probably just to skip it, because then you'd probably have to do 2 workouts in one day. Which can also be doable, as long as both workouts aren't too taxing.

CaseySurf19 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) CaseySurf19 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) CaseySurf19 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) CaseySurf19 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) CaseySurf19 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) CaseySurf19 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) CaseySurf19 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) CaseySurf19 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) CaseySurf19 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) CaseySurf19 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) CaseySurf19 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    I usually just add the missed workout with my next day's workout and do 2 workouts in 1