Paudel has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Paudel has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Paudel has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Paudel has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Paudel has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Paudel has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Paudel has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Paudel has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Paudel has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Paudel has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Paudel has a spectacular aura about. (+250)

Adding cardio when not yet needed

Title basically relates to the question I'm asking. If I have been dieting for about 6 weeks straight now with weekly refeeds and still experiencing weekly weight losses of 1 lb, should I add cardio in yet or should I save it for sticking points. I am about 8 weeks out from a show and so far have yet to add cardio to my regimen. I haven't had to drop any of my macronutrients yet either.

Paudel has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Paudel has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Paudel has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Paudel has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Paudel has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Paudel has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Paudel has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Paudel has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Paudel has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Paudel has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Paudel has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Even a simple yes or no would be great at this point lol

KeepNitFRESH has a spectacular aura about. (+250) KeepNitFRESH has a spectacular aura about. (+250) KeepNitFRESH has a spectacular aura about. (+250) KeepNitFRESH has a spectacular aura about. (+250) KeepNitFRESH has a spectacular aura about. (+250) KeepNitFRESH has a spectacular aura about. (+250) KeepNitFRESH has a spectacular aura about. (+250) KeepNitFRESH has a spectacular aura about. (+250) KeepNitFRESH has a spectacular aura about. (+250) KeepNitFRESH has a spectacular aura about. (+250) KeepNitFRESH has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    I think you know the answer. You kind of already answered yourself. Also it depends on how lean you are.

IFPA Pro Bodybuilder XClassic10's Avatar
    XClassic10 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) XClassic10 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) XClassic10 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) XClassic10 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) XClassic10 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) XClassic10 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) XClassic10 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) XClassic10 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) XClassic10 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) XClassic10 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) XClassic10 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    If you're losing weight just fine now, no need to add cardio yet. I dieted for about 24 weeks last time and didn't add cardio in until about 4 weeks out.
    http://instagram.com/live_laugh_lift26
    www.youtube.com/user/ClassicAesthetics26
    ******** Page: http://www.********.com/CorbinPiersonNaturalFitness
    http://theflexibledieters.com/

MAN Sports Athlete

NGA\IFPA Pro Bodybuilder fltallpaul's Avatar
    fltallpaul is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) fltallpaul is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) fltallpaul is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) fltallpaul is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) fltallpaul is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) fltallpaul is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) fltallpaul is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) fltallpaul is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) fltallpaul is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) fltallpaul is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) fltallpaul is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    The answer would require more information. How much weight do you need to lose to reach your desired body fat goal? If the pace is acceptable then stick with the plan. If not then you should adjust the protocols until you reach the desired rate of fat loss.
    Contest Prep Coach

Paul@ProPhysique.com

Core Nutritionals/Outwork Apparel Athlete

NGA & IFPA Pro Bodybuilder

Originally Posted by fltallpaul View Post
    The answer would require more information. How much weight do you need to lose to reach your desired body fat goal? If the pace is acceptable then stick with the plan. If not then you should adjust the protocols until you reach the desired rate of fat loss.
    oh wow can't believe you actually posted on this, big fan of you and Layne Norton! At 8 weeks out I was at 177.6 and I plan to be around 168-170 on stage. I've so far dropped weight at a very slow rate while dropping bodyfat rather quickly so id assume most of the loss is coming from fat. At 8 weeks out id guess I was around 10 percent body fat. Currently at work but in a couple hours ill post a picture of me at 8 weeks out and hopefully you'll be able to know if I should be dropping more bodyfat at a faster pace via cardio. Thanks for everyone's responses btw!

Here in this pic I was 8 weeks out, 177.6 the day before a refeed.
    Attached Images

ngerdts is on a distinguished road. (+10) ngerdts is on a distinguished road. (+10) ngerdts is on a distinguished road. (+10) ngerdts is on a distinguished road. (+10) ngerdts is on a distinguished road. (+10) ngerdts is on a distinguished road. (+10) ngerdts is on a distinguished road. (+10) ngerdts is on a distinguished road. (+10) ngerdts is on a distinguished road. (+10) ngerdts is on a distinguished road. (+10) ngerdts is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Nice work

Dude you were definitely ahead of schedule in my opinion for 8 weeks out, which is good your looking great. I would not worry too much about the cardio. Keep checking your progress every week, and just adjust as needed. If you do end up adding cardio you only probably need to add it no more than a few days a weeks at a low intensity. What is your current weight and how much more weight do you plan to lose at this point?

Originally Posted by ngerdts View Post
    Dude you were definitely ahead of schedule in my opinion for 8 weeks out, which is good your looking great. I would not worry too much about the cardio. Keep checking your progress every week, and just adjust as needed. If you do end up adding cardio you only probably need to add it no more than a few days a weeks at a low intensity. What is your current weight and how much more weight do you plan to lose at this point?
    Thanks man I appreciate that! I actually just implemented some HIIT cardio for about 12 minutes last night, did car pushes followed by low intensity walking for 15-20 min. I'll stick to HIIT wednesdays and sundays followed by LISS for 15-20 min and on Fridays, strictly LISS for 20 min and that'll be it. Maybe at 4 weeks out I'll adjust. I actually weighed in at 179.6 7 weeks out while looking leaner and having a smaller waist/maintaining arm size. I plan on being 170-172 on stage.

ohtm27 is on a distinguished road. (+10) ohtm27 is on a distinguished road. (+10) ohtm27 is on a distinguished road. (+10) ohtm27 is on a distinguished road. (+10) ohtm27 is on a distinguished road. (+10) ohtm27 is on a distinguished road. (+10) ohtm27 is on a distinguished road. (+10) ohtm27 is on a distinguished road. (+10) ohtm27 is on a distinguished road. (+10) ohtm27 is on a distinguished road. (+10) ohtm27 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    No don't add cardio
    “Nothing in the world is worth having or worth doing unless it means effort, pain, difficulty… I have never in my life envied a human being who led an easy life. I have envied a great many people who led difficult lives and led them well.”

- Theodore Roosevelt

Alite Tanning & Fitness
    www.alitetanningfitness.com
    CPT-NASM, CES -NASM, USAW Sports Performance Coach, NQ Figure Competitor, NPC Judge