Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    Megaman23 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Megaman23 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Megaman23 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Megaman23 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Megaman23 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Megaman23 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Megaman23 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Megaman23 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Megaman23 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Megaman23 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Megaman23 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by klaromonete View Post
    problem is that travelling faster than the speed of light through space is in fact impossible.
    Yea I know. I believe Einstein proved that not sure though. One of the reasons is becuz anything with mass can't travel as fast or faster than light for reasons that I forgot.
    **12/28/14 jamespoe1's Legendary Thread Crew**

"No citizen has a right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training...what a disgrace it is for a man to grow old without ever seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable." - Socrates

**No Marriage Crew**

badlasagna is a name known to all. (+5000) badlasagna is a name known to all. (+5000) badlasagna is a name known to all. (+5000) badlasagna is a name known to all. (+5000) badlasagna is a name known to all. (+5000) badlasagna is a name known to all. (+5000) badlasagna is a name known to all. (+5000) badlasagna is a name known to all. (+5000) badlasagna is a name known to all. (+5000) badlasagna is a name known to all. (+5000) badlasagna is a name known to all. (+5000)
    time by itself is not an absolute quantity....this is a fact.

only space and time together (spacetime) is measurable, if my mind serves me

physics brah verify
    { Thomas Sowell - Milton Friedman - William Buckley, Jr. - Peter Hitchens }

klaromonete is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) klaromonete is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) klaromonete is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) klaromonete is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) klaromonete is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) klaromonete is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) klaromonete is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) klaromonete is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) klaromonete is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) klaromonete is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) klaromonete is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by Megaman23 View Post
    Yea I know. I believe Einstein proved that not sure though. One of the reasons is becuz anything with mass can't travel as fast or faster than light for reasons that I forgot.
    Mass increases with speed. Time decreases. If something with mass reached 100% lightvelocity it would have an infinite mass and time would stop, that's why it can't.

klaromonete is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) klaromonete is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) klaromonete is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) klaromonete is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) klaromonete is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) klaromonete is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) klaromonete is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) klaromonete is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) klaromonete is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) klaromonete is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) klaromonete is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by badlasagna View Post
    time by itself is not an absolute quantity....this is a fact.

only space and time together (spacetime) is measurable, if my mind serves me

physics brah verify
    Verified, space and time are one thing, spacetime. They don't exist alone.

PastorGaines is a name known to all. (+5000) PastorGaines is a name known to all. (+5000) PastorGaines is a name known to all. (+5000) PastorGaines is a name known to all. (+5000) PastorGaines is a name known to all. (+5000) PastorGaines is a name known to all. (+5000) PastorGaines is a name known to all. (+5000) PastorGaines is a name known to all. (+5000) PastorGaines is a name known to all. (+5000) PastorGaines is a name known to all. (+5000) PastorGaines is a name known to all. (+5000)
    OP time is a measurement, just like length, mass and force. Just because we can't move back or forward in time doesn't mean it's not a dimension.

because you would need inifnite energy (E = mc2)

WeWillMakeIt is not very helpful. (-500) WeWillMakeIt is not very helpful. (-500) WeWillMakeIt is not very helpful. (-500) WeWillMakeIt is not very helpful. (-500) WeWillMakeIt is not very helpful. (-500) WeWillMakeIt is not very helpful. (-500) WeWillMakeIt is not very helpful. (-500) WeWillMakeIt is not very helpful. (-500) WeWillMakeIt is not very helpful. (-500) WeWillMakeIt is not very helpful. (-500) WeWillMakeIt is not very helpful. (-500)
    Originally Posted by PastorGaines View Post
    OP time is a measurement, just like length, mass and force. Just because we can't move back or forward in time doesn't mean it's not a dimension.

because you would need inifnite energy (E = mc2)
    nvm

Originally Posted by Stingdragon View Post
    Time does in fact exist, it's a measurement. Space AND time are related to one another. Will we ever be able to achieve time travel? If our technology advances to the point where it'll be allowed, then yes, I think we will in fact be able to travel to the past and future. Will it be dangerous, potentially altering the universe and the dimensions we live in? I think it would be. Timelines could be altered, and the future, as you once knew it, would be changed. Thus potentially creating a loophole of infinite timelines.
    loopholes can't exist because once you've had any sort of influence on one timeline, a whole new timeline is created. As far as we know, ther future doesn't get "erased" because it's no longer relevant to our timeline. so you couldn't go back and let your younger self know the winning numbers in the lottery because from that point on, it gets spliced into a new timeline.

Power Level: Over 9000 Workout4ever's Avatar
    Workout4ever has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Workout4ever has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Workout4ever has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Workout4ever has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Workout4ever has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Workout4ever has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Workout4ever has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Workout4ever has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Workout4ever has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Workout4ever has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Workout4ever has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    it's just a structural concept you neanderthal

PeacefulDink is a complete loser! (-2000) PeacefulDink is a complete loser! (-2000) PeacefulDink is a complete loser! (-2000) PeacefulDink is a complete loser! (-2000) PeacefulDink is a complete loser! (-2000) PeacefulDink is a complete loser! (-2000) PeacefulDink is a complete loser! (-2000) PeacefulDink is a complete loser! (-2000) PeacefulDink is a complete loser! (-2000) PeacefulDink is a complete loser! (-2000) PeacefulDink is a complete loser! (-2000)
    Originally Posted by WeWillMakeIt View Post
    The concept of time is just a notion invented by humans to deal easier with things, time as we understand it doesn't exist, there is no past or future only present
    Yes it does now it's 11 AM

WeWillMakeIt is not very helpful. (-500) WeWillMakeIt is not very helpful. (-500) WeWillMakeIt is not very helpful. (-500) WeWillMakeIt is not very helpful. (-500) WeWillMakeIt is not very helpful. (-500) WeWillMakeIt is not very helpful. (-500) WeWillMakeIt is not very helpful. (-500) WeWillMakeIt is not very helpful. (-500) WeWillMakeIt is not very helpful. (-500) WeWillMakeIt is not very helpful. (-500) WeWillMakeIt is not very helpful. (-500)
    Originally Posted by Workout4ever View Post
    it's just a structural concept you neanderthal
    thats what i said you *******

Originally Posted by PeacefulDink View Post
    Yes it does now it's 11 AM
    its 21:17 PM

nvm
    did you bother reading my replies? because they answer all of your questions.

Originally Posted by PastorGaines View Post
    Time is more of a direction. It can go forward and backward, but also up and down. Whenever you add a dimension to something, you can only do it at a right angle. Up and Down is the angle we take when we enter the 5th dimension, Up and Down are the other timelines.

did you bother reading my replies? because they answer all of your questions.

Time is more of a direction. It can go forward and backward, but also up and down. Whenever you add a dimension to something, you can only do it at a right angle. Up and Down is the angle we take when we enter the 5th dimension, Up and Down are the other timelines.
    Yeah i did and i realized time is a complicated concept it can be viewed from a philosophical and scientific pov, you see it from a scientific pov, i had no idea about dimensions and stuff but the way u explained it it makes sence

Megaman23 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Megaman23 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Megaman23 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Megaman23 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Megaman23 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Megaman23 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Megaman23 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Megaman23 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Megaman23 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Megaman23 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Megaman23 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Mass increases with speed. Time decreases. If something with mass reached 100% lightvelocity it would have an infinite mass and time would stop, that's why it can't.
    Ok thanks.

"No citizen has a right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training...what a disgrace it is for a man to grow old without ever seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable." - Socrates

**No Marriage Crew**

Yeah i did and i realized time is a complicated concept it can be viewed from a philosophical and scientific pov, you see it from a scientific pov, i had no idea about dimensions and stuff but the way u explained it it makes sence
    I tried to make it sound as simple as possible. Good that you actually tried to listen, i expected something else.

Also, realise that everything in our universe, basically everything we know, can be described via mathematics. Your chemistry, my physics, biology, astromomy... everything. Even psychology once we've fully understood what "consciousness" actually is and how it works... . So everything that can be theoretically described mathematically without colliding with observations, can be considered true until it's proven otherwise.

Stingdragon will become famous soon enough. (+50) Stingdragon will become famous soon enough. (+50) Stingdragon will become famous soon enough. (+50) Stingdragon will become famous soon enough. (+50) Stingdragon will become famous soon enough. (+50) Stingdragon will become famous soon enough. (+50) Stingdragon will become famous soon enough. (+50) Stingdragon will become famous soon enough. (+50) Stingdragon will become famous soon enough. (+50) Stingdragon will become famous soon enough. (+50) Stingdragon will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    loopholes can't exist because once you've had any sort of influence on one timeline, a whole new timeline is created. As far as we know, ther future doesn't get "erased" because it's no longer relevant to our timeline. so you couldn't go back and let your younger self know the winning numbers in the lottery because from that point on, it gets spliced into a new timeline.
    Ah, I see. So there could potentially be an infinite amount of timelines created then?
    browsin' brah

Rascion has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Rascion has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Rascion has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Rascion has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Rascion has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Rascion has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Rascion has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Rascion has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Rascion has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Rascion has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Rascion has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Physics brah. Are black holes real? Since no one can ever see one, it's just speculation. Can you explain it?

Originally Posted by Stingdragon View Post
    Ah, I see. So there could potentially be an infinite amount of timelines created then?
    Yes, but what's also important that there can be different types of infinities. In the 5th dimension, every single timeline exists, but they all had the same starting point, the big bang. So it's not really everything yet. That's why there are 5 more dimensions. Once we reach the 10th, every information ever possible with every starting point possible, we've reached the pinnacle.

JuckingFoke has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) JuckingFoke has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) JuckingFoke has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) JuckingFoke has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) JuckingFoke has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) JuckingFoke has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) JuckingFoke has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) JuckingFoke has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) JuckingFoke has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) JuckingFoke has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) JuckingFoke has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    OP is right.

The concept of time was just created by humans to keep our lives in order and have reference points in our lives. Each person's past is different and it's only the memory of past experience.

If you look at it physically, the Earth, solar system and our own galaxy is moving through the universe at a different spot every fraction of a second. We are never going to be at the same physical spot ever again. We are also not going to be able to go back and reverse the movement of planets and galaxies. In that sense, there really is no past but our recollection of our own experience.

Originally Posted by Rascion View Post
    Physics brah. Are black holes real? Since no one can ever see one, it's just speculation. Can you explain it?
    We can see the affects it has on its environment. Gravitational lensing, Jets of hot matter coming from the poles etc... Everything that is predicted about a black holes effects can be observed.

Dmstroker725 is just really nice. (+1000) Dmstroker725 is just really nice. (+1000) Dmstroker725 is just really nice. (+1000) Dmstroker725 is just really nice. (+1000) Dmstroker725 is just really nice. (+1000) Dmstroker725 is just really nice. (+1000) Dmstroker725 is just really nice. (+1000) Dmstroker725 is just really nice. (+1000) Dmstroker725 is just really nice. (+1000) Dmstroker725 is just really nice. (+1000) Dmstroker725 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by Bassackwards View Post
    thanks; glad to know i'm immortal
    welcome brah.
    We outhcea

Barbarian440 is just really nice. (+1000) Barbarian440 is just really nice. (+1000) Barbarian440 is just really nice. (+1000) Barbarian440 is just really nice. (+1000) Barbarian440 is just really nice. (+1000) Barbarian440 is just really nice. (+1000) Barbarian440 is just really nice. (+1000) Barbarian440 is just really nice. (+1000) Barbarian440 is just really nice. (+1000) Barbarian440 is just really nice. (+1000) Barbarian440 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Technically you don't see anything at all, black hole or otherwise, just the evidence of objects existence in terms of their actions on photons.

Originally Posted by JuckingFoke View Post
    OP is right.

The concept of time was just created by humans to keep our lives in order and have reference points in our lives. Each person's past is different and it's only the memory of past experience.

If you look at it physically, the Earth, solar system and our own galaxy is moving through the universe at a different spot every fraction of a second. We are never going to be at the same physical spot ever again. We are also not going to be able to go back and reverse the movement of planets and galaxies. In that sense, there really is no past but our recollection of our own experience.
    lol nice troll, you're a little late though, we've been over it already. no more jimmies left to be rustled

Black holes are real becuz we can see the effect it has on an object around it. As black holes devour matter, a material forms that looks like a disk which radiates x-rays from the electromagnetic spectrum. We can also witness the gravitational affects it has on matter such as stars at the center of our galaxy making them move in weird ways unrelated to how the object should be moving. They are formed usually when a massive star collapses or dies and are speculated to be at the center of most galaxies.

**No Marriage Crew**

Black holes are real becuz we can see the effect it has on an object around it. As black holes devour matter, a material forms that looks like a disk which radiates x-rays from the electromagnetic spectrum. We can also witness the gravitational affects it has on matter such as stars at the center of our galaxy making them move in weird ways unrelated to how the object should be moving. They are formed usually when a massive star collapses or dies and are speculated to be at the center of most galaxies.
    favorite object in our universe by far

Limerick91 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Limerick91 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Limerick91 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Limerick91 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Limerick91 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Limerick91 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Limerick91 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Limerick91 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Limerick91 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Limerick91 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Limerick91 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    favorite object in our universe by far
    **** you i've just spent my Friday night watching videos of cosmology and time travel theories because of you. Got a question though brah, it's known that gravity slows time down and it's one theory that we could double the time on earth by flying next to a black hole right? (roughly). GPS Satellites have to account for this etc etc as you probably know. Does that mean that you have to experience true zero gravity to be experiencing the true rate of time then? As in, we can't speed time up we can only slow it for ourselves? If that makes sense
    R.I.P Aziz 'Zyzz' Shavershian - Son of Zues. Brother of Hercules. Father of aesthetics.
    24/03/1989 – 06/08/2011

Get ripped or die mirin'

☆☆☆υк ˘яєω☆☆☆

Originally Posted by Limerick91 View Post
    **** you i've just spent my Friday night watching videos of cosmology and time travel theories because of you. Got a question though brah, it's known that gravity slows time down and it's one theory that we could double the time on earth by flying next to a black hole right? (roughly). GPS Satellites have to account for this etc etc as you probably know. Does that mean that you have to experience true zero gravity to be experiencing the true rate of time then? As in, we can't speed time up we can only slow it for ourselves? If that makes sense
    you're welcome, *******

General relativity says that gravity and acceleration are basically the same thing. Think about it, you sit in a car with blackened windows and accelerate. You get pushed into the seat. Now take the car and put it rectangular to the ground so that the front faces the sky. you experience the same effect because of earths gravity, you get pushed into the seat. We know that you experience the same time dilation from your relative point of view.

So if you would want to experience "true time", you see that you really can't. because relative to something, you're always moving. The earth moves around the sun, the sun moves around a star cluster, the cluster moves around the black hole at the center of the milky way etc etc...
    Also, what we experience as gravity is actually warped spacetime, which doesn't have an "end". If two marbles were placed 10 billion kilometers apart from each other, they'd still attract each other because of their mass warping spacetime.

so you can't ever experience "real time rate" because you're constantly in warped space. Unwarped spacetime doesn't seem exist
    Last edited by klaromonete; 01-30-2015 at 01:40 PM.

and it's one theory that we could double the time on earth by flying next to a black hole right? (roughly).
    actually, the slowing of time has been scientifically proven. no theory anymore. They once took two atomic clocks, put once on the ground and one in a jet and had it fly around the earth. when they returned, the atomic clock that travelled around the planet was (i believe about) 1 nanosecond behind. Atomic clocks are THE most precise clocks there are, so there's no way it was because of a technical error and it fit perfectly into the equations made by Einstein.

Limerick91 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Limerick91 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Limerick91 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Limerick91 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Limerick91 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Limerick91 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Limerick91 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Limerick91 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Limerick91 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Limerick91 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Limerick91 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    actually, the slowing of time has been scientifically proven. no theory anymore. They once took two atomic clocks, put once on the ground and one in a jet and had it fly around the earth. when they returned, the atomic clock that travelled around the planet was (i believe about) 1 nanosecond behind. Atomic clocks are THE most precise clocks there are, so there's no way it was because of a technical error and it fit perfectly into the equations made by Einstein.
    Yeah just read about that as well, they sent 2 around the world and kept 1 at the US Naval base I believe and compared them when they got back. Interesting sht. Surely gravity and the effects of acceleration are two different things though? Gravity is actively pulling you towards the centre of a mass, being pushed back into a car seat is just the outcome of being forced along by something when your body is not moving? I'm struggling to get my head round the concept of spacetime though aside from the fact it can slow down. As well as why we slow down when approaching the speed of light as well aside from the physical impossibility of anything reacting with each other (electromagnetic forces between particles ceasing to work for example), why does it slow down to not allow us to reach 100%?
    R.I.P Aziz 'Zyzz' Shavershian - Son of Zues. Brother of Hercules. Father of aesthetics.
    24/03/1989 – 06/08/2011

Get ripped or die mirin'

☆☆☆υк ˘яєω☆☆☆

Yeah just read about that as well, they sent 2 around the world and kept 1 at the US Naval base I believe and compared them when they got back. Interesting sht. Surely gravity and the effects of acceleration are two different things though? Gravity is actively pulling you towards the centre of a mass, being pushed back into a car seat is just the outcome of being forced along by something when your body is not moving? I'm struggling to get my head round the concept of spacetime though aside from the fact it can slow down. As well as why we slow down when approaching the speed of light as well aside from the physical impossibility of anything reacting with each other (electromagnetic forces between particles ceasing to work for example), why does it slow down to not allow us to reach 100%?
    What makes it all work is that lightspeed is a constant, no matter from what point of view.

We don't slow down when we approach almost light speed.

The faster an object gets, the more time dilation it experiences, or in other words, time slows down for the object. But it's mass increases the faster it gets, if we were to reach 100% lightvelocity, our mass would be infinitely high and time would stop, which violates Einsteins laws.

The de Broglie wave equation relates the velocity of the electron with its wavelength,
    λ=h/p,
    where p is the momentum. While p=mv in classical mechanics, in special relativity the actual relation is

where m is the rest mass. If we still need to make the equation p=mv correct, we introduce the concept of "relativistic mass" M=γm which increases with v.
    Last edited by klaromonete; 01-30-2015 at 02:09 PM.

RichH0mieQuan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RichH0mieQuan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RichH0mieQuan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RichH0mieQuan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RichH0mieQuan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RichH0mieQuan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RichH0mieQuan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RichH0mieQuan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RichH0mieQuan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RichH0mieQuan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RichH0mieQuan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    How can time be real if clocks aren't?
    -Save these black boys crew

- Jesus Christ crew

- One BLACK man stood strong and made the weak negus on the misc respect my momma’s son.

-“I don't have to be what you want me to be” Muhammad Ali

We da fukin people together in the trap crew