MH350 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Just started bodybuilding about two months ago

Hey, new to the forum. Just started seriously lifting weights about two months ago. Wondering if you can look over my stats and tell me what you think. I'm 19 years old, 6'1", 284 as of yesterday. Two weeks ago I was 274, so I've gained about 10 pounds of muscle mass (been eating healthy and working out hard)

This was my workout this morning:
    Bench Press:
    130 lbs for 10 reps
    110 lbs for 30 reps
    90 lbs for 10 reps

Leg Press:
    478 lbs for 50 reps
    388 lbs for 50 reps

Low Row: (narrow grip)
    120 lbs for 50 reps.

Here are my other stats from previous days.
    Torso Rotation:
    115 lbs for 100 reps (50 each side)

Lat Pulldown:
    120 lbs for 10 reps
    85 lbs for 20 reps
    70 lbs for 20 reps

Tricep Pushdown:
    50 lbs for 50 reps

Cable Bicep Curls:
    35 lbs for 30 reps
    25 lbs for 20 reps

I don't know what my maxes are, haven't tried to figure them out yet. I will at some point.

Haven't been taking any supplements, no protein, no creatine, nothing, just my diet. Was hoping you can tell me what you think of my progress so far as just a beginner. Thanks!

SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz
    I don't think you should be gaining weight with your stats, I would concentrate on losing fat for now. You should still be able to make some progress with strength and muscle size along the way.

Your routine is odd, it would probably be better if you did a well known expert designed routine for now. Check out the sticky threads in the Workout Programs forum.

tsoden is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) tsoden is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) tsoden is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) tsoden is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) tsoden is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) tsoden is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) tsoden is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) tsoden is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) tsoden is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) tsoden is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) tsoden is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by MH350 View Post
    Hey, new to the forum. Just started seriously lifting weights about two months ago. Wondering if you can look over my stats and tell me what you think. I'm 19 years old, 6'1", 284 as of yesterday. Two weeks ago I was 274, so I've gained about 10 pounds of muscle mass (been eating healthy and working out hard)

This was my workout this morning:
    Bench Press:
    130 lbs for 10 reps
    110 lbs for 30 reps
    90 lbs for 10 reps

Leg Press:
    478 lbs for 50 reps
    388 lbs for 50 reps

Low Row: (narrow grip)
    120 lbs for 50 reps.

Here are my other stats from previous days.
    Torso Rotation:
    115 lbs for 100 reps (50 each side)

Lat Pulldown:
    120 lbs for 10 reps
    85 lbs for 20 reps
    70 lbs for 20 reps

Tricep Pushdown:
    50 lbs for 50 reps

Cable Bicep Curls:
    35 lbs for 30 reps
    25 lbs for 20 reps

I don't know what my maxes are, haven't tried to figure them out yet. I will at some point.

Haven't been taking any supplements, no protein, no creatine, nothing, just my diet. Was hoping you can tell me what you think of my progress so far as just a beginner. Thanks!
    you plan is kinda all over the place here... why so many reps? You would be best to start off with a decent strength program like Stronglifts 5x5 - follow it to a tee for at least 4-5 months and see where you are at. However you should take a look at your diet and focus on weight loss as well.

joen63 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) joen63 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) joen63 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) joen63 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) joen63 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) joen63 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) joen63 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) joen63 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) joen63 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) joen63 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) joen63 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    With these numbers you should really be focusing on gaining overall strength while cutting down.

Weighing 285 with a bench press of 130 means your relative strength is really low.

Pick a beginner program that focuses on fat loss to begin with. Your overall body health is more important than trying to be a body builder with your current stats.

It looks like you're doing a full body routine right now which is okay. But it also looks like you're skipping some of the important foundational lifts like squats and deads.

MH350 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    The bench of 130 is no where near my max, which I still have not figured out yet. I plan sometime this week to go to the gym, load up the bench with a spotter and figure out my one rep max.

As far as weight goes, I am watching what I'm eating. My routine includes cardio. By the time I'm done my heart rate is well over 150+ and that rate is sustained through my workout. I have a larger frame, broad shoulders with hips just a little less wide, but it is not fat. Even though I have gained weight I have seen myself become skinnier and I am fitting into my clothes better.

joen63 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) joen63 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) joen63 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) joen63 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) joen63 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) joen63 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) joen63 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) joen63 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) joen63 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) joen63 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) joen63 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    I don't doubt that you're seeing gains bro I just would question your priorities and how you might more efficiently go about this whole thing. Like others have said, your program is sort of all over the place and skips some major lifts that you should be doing to build overall strength.

That said, the leg press stats look impressive on paper but I think it would be valuable to see your form. In any case squats are going to give you more gains as they are a major compound movement that recruits almost your whole body to do. They'll also help you shed some extra weight as they get your heart rate soaring.

Ultimately you'll do what you want but you did ask for input

bucsdodgers is a name known to all. (+5000) bucsdodgers is a name known to all. (+5000) bucsdodgers is a name known to all. (+5000) bucsdodgers is a name known to all. (+5000) bucsdodgers is a name known to all. (+5000) bucsdodgers is a name known to all. (+5000) bucsdodgers is a name known to all. (+5000) bucsdodgers is a name known to all. (+5000) bucsdodgers is a name known to all. (+5000) bucsdodgers is a name known to all. (+5000) bucsdodgers is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Since your just starting out research different routines, dies and figure out what works for you. This is important to gain as much knowledge as possible so you can make changes when they are needed.
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=172784881 redtest log
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=173258571

Aadaawaay has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Aadaawaay has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Aadaawaay has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Aadaawaay has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Aadaawaay has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Aadaawaay has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Aadaawaay has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Aadaawaay has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Aadaawaay has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Aadaawaay has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Aadaawaay has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    agree with the others ^^

its also massively unlikely that you've gained 10lbs of muscle in 2 weeks just because you watched what you ate.
    Follow my training log

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=165220141

kanis999 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kanis999 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kanis999 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kanis999 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kanis999 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kanis999 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kanis999 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kanis999 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kanis999 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kanis999 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kanis999 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by MH350 View Post
    The bench of 130 is no where near my max, which I still have not figured out yet. I plan sometime this week to go to the gym, load up the bench with a spotter and figure out my one rep max.

As far as weight goes, I am watching what I'm eating. My routine includes cardio. By the time I'm done my heart rate is well over 150+ and that rate is sustained through my workout. I have a larger frame, broad shoulders with hips just a little less wide, but it is not fat. Even though I have gained weight I have seen myself become skinnier and I am fitting into my clothes better.
    You need a reality check man, I hate to have to be the one to give it to you. With your stats you are clearly very fat by bodybuilding standards. There is no way you aren't fat.

You did not gain 10 lbs of muscle in 2 weeks. That is impossible. You probably gained water weight, and more fat.

Your routine is god-awful and you really ought to be on an expert-approved beginner routine as others have suggested.

Chances are, your diet is probably not in check to. Do you know how many calories you are eating per day? How many grams of protein?

Sorry to be harsh but you really need an eye-opener here. It is difficult to reach your goals when you are in denial about being 70 lbs overweight.

tsoden is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) tsoden is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) tsoden is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) tsoden is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) tsoden is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) tsoden is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) tsoden is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) tsoden is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) tsoden is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) tsoden is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) tsoden is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by Aadaawaay View Post
    agree with the others ^^

its also massively unlikely that you've gained 10lbs of muscle in 2 weeks just because you watched what you ate.
    Why did I read two months... either way... carry on

Originally Posted by kanis999 View Post
    You need a reality check man, I hate to have to be the one to give it to you. With your stats you are clearly very fat by bodybuilding standards. There is no way you aren't fat.

You did not gain 10 lbs of muscle in 2 weeks. That is impossible. You probably gained water weight, and more fat.

Your routine is god-awful and you really ought to be on an expert-approved beginner routine as others have suggested.

Chances are, your diet is probably not in check to. Do you know how many calories you are eating per day? How many grams of protein?

Sorry to be harsh but you really need an eye-opener here. It is difficult to reach your goals when you are in denial about being 70 lbs overweight.
    This is pretty much what I wanted to say but was feeling nice...yeah...