Dummer has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Dummer has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Dummer has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Dummer has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Dummer has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Dummer has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Dummer has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Dummer has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Dummer has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Dummer has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Dummer has a spectacular aura about. (+250)

Eating every 1 to 1.5 hours..........

Has anyone ever tried eating almost every hour during the day? Here's what I have been doing for about 3 weeks now.

7:30 Protein shake
    9:30 Uncle Bens rice bowl (aprox 25g of protein, the rest carbs, 40g)
    10:30 Apple
    11:30/12:00 Lunch (chicken, steak, whatever was for dinner the night before)
    1:00 Apple
    2:00/2:30 Pretein shake
    4:30 Bananna
    5:00 Go to gym
    7:30 After work out shake
    8:30 Snack.... whatever I can find
    (Times are give and take aprox .5 to .25 hours depending on work schedule, but you get the idea.)

Results.... I have been actually trying to bulk, wanting to increase my calories very slowly. Bulk will end sometime in March 04. In the last 3 weeks I have lost 1.5lbs. No strength loss but seeing my abs more. I know I have a lot of shakes, but with my work, this is the best diet I can do for the time being.

Has anyone tried something like this, if so, what results have you seen? If not, is anyone interested in trying something like this to see what happens and post your results.

This weeks scale said I was 202lbs, down from 203.5/204lbs from 3 weeks ago. (I weight myself Monday at the same time at the gym.)

Opinions??????????................
    If at first you don't succeed, take 5 pounds off and try again...

Gator is just really nice. (+1000) Gator is just really nice. (+1000) Gator is just really nice. (+1000) Gator is just really nice. (+1000) Gator is just really nice. (+1000) Gator is just really nice. (+1000) Gator is just really nice. (+1000) Gator is just really nice. (+1000) Gator is just really nice. (+1000) Gator is just really nice. (+1000) Gator is just really nice. (+1000)
    I pretty much graze all day myself..
    But the main meals are usually about 2 1/2 - 3 hrs apart..

Good luck bulking..Whats yer workout look like Dummer ??

Gator
    Damn greens are like kryptonite this year !!!!

Dummer has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Dummer has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Dummer has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Dummer has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Dummer has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Dummer has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Dummer has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Dummer has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Dummer has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Dummer has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Dummer has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Hey Gator..

Monday = chest and tri's
    Tuesday = Back and Bi's
    Wednesday = Legs
    Thursday = Shoulder's

Chest
    Incline bench
    Dips with a far lean in
    Flat DB bench
    Peck deck
    Cable cross overs

Tri's
    Cable push down V bar or straight
    Machine push down, I guess it's a hammer strength machine
    Cable pull down's with robe and use the rope over the head for tri extensions.

Back
    BB rows or DB rows
    Partial Deads on smith machine
    Lat pull downs
    Seated cable rows

Bi's
    BB curls
    Preacher BB curls
    DB curls

Legs
    Smith machine squats below parallel
    Leg press
    Leg extensions
    Leg curls with DB stiff legs deads

Shoulders
    Front lat raises
    Side lat raises
    Bent over DB flies
    BB raises

Exercies are usually not in the same order more that 2 weeks apart. Also add and drop exercies every 3 to 4 weeks. This is what I'm currently dong now.
    If at first you don't succeed, take 5 pounds off and try again...

Original Poster has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Original Poster has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Original Poster has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Original Poster has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Original Poster has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Original Poster has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Original Poster has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Original Poster has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Original Poster has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Original Poster has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Original Poster has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    A min of 2-3 hrs is better IMO. I know many people have and do do this grazing and eating like every hr or so.......and have lost weight doing so.........but............

You don't your body to be digesting food all the time.......when other processes need to take place. This would not be optimal in any sense of the word.

There is a time to eat and a time to not. LOL

PEACE

~*IronBelle*~ will become famous soon enough. (+50) ~*IronBelle*~ will become famous soon enough. (+50) ~*IronBelle*~ will become famous soon enough. (+50) ~*IronBelle*~ will become famous soon enough. (+50) ~*IronBelle*~ will become famous soon enough. (+50) ~*IronBelle*~ will become famous soon enough. (+50) ~*IronBelle*~ will become famous soon enough. (+50) ~*IronBelle*~ will become famous soon enough. (+50) ~*IronBelle*~ will become famous soon enough. (+50) ~*IronBelle*~ will become famous soon enough. (+50) ~*IronBelle*~ will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Since the diet changes I have made, I cannot fit the volume of food I need to in so I tend to graze. Like I will get my breakfast but it takes me quite a while to eat it. Same with lunch. I guess that is similar really. Almost like a continuous supply of nutrients. With complex carbs because they take longer to digest than simple carbs, it can be good if you graze like that. But I prefer smaller portions and to eat more often as you have described above. At the end of the day I actually end up eating less than I should have done but I never feel hungry. This week I lost 2 lbs doing that alone... it's mainly in the upper abs and the lower has less fat there also. My legs this week feel very much slimmer. In past weeks before the diet they had so much fat at the top I was aware of that when walking, but in the last week they feel lighter and less cumbersome. My diet has been to eat a combi of simple and complex carbs during the day in small portions at each meal with high protein and then to eat only complex carbs after 3pm with protein portions. My shakes are lower in carbs for later in the day. The object on top of all that is to keep the fat intake down also. Just take in fat that is in the meat your eating and no added fat in cooking or whatever.

My diet during the day has been:

Breakfast:

x2 wheatbix with some weight watchers peaches or prunes and half a cup of calci trim (skimmed milk).

Morning Tea:

x2 rice crackers and protein shake with flavoring of my choice-low in fat and carbs.

Lunch:

A good portion of simple carbs and complex carbs and protein. I enerally have x2 slices of wholemeal bread there with lettuce and spring onions and whatever choice of low fat deli meat I can find. Either that or salmon or tuna.

Afternoon Tea:

This is where I get my largest meal. It's usually around 3pm so I cut simple carbs and the complex ones are steamed vegies with whatever choice of meat or protein I want.

Supper:

I have a low fat-low carb slimmers protein shake here with flavor---cappacino or vanilla or strawberry.

It seems to have worked anyway and within days of doing that I felt less bloated and my abs went smaller. I havn't been working out because things have been so busy here but I worked on keeping my protein levels up to protect muscle mass.
    Last edited by ~*IronBelle*~; 09-10-2003 at 12:05 PM.

~*IronBelle*~ will become famous soon enough. (+50) ~*IronBelle*~ will become famous soon enough. (+50) ~*IronBelle*~ will become famous soon enough. (+50) ~*IronBelle*~ will become famous soon enough. (+50) ~*IronBelle*~ will become famous soon enough. (+50) ~*IronBelle*~ will become famous soon enough. (+50) ~*IronBelle*~ will become famous soon enough. (+50) ~*IronBelle*~ will become famous soon enough. (+50) ~*IronBelle*~ will become famous soon enough. (+50) ~*IronBelle*~ will become famous soon enough. (+50) ~*IronBelle*~ will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    When I went to Wellington a few days ago with Ash ( means we are on the road all day) I took my protein shakes and rice crackers and fruit and ate like that every two hours to stop me feeling hungry. That and water. We had McDonalds for lunch and then I had a seafood salad for dinner at my Mothers when we called in on the way back. It worked out quite good and I am enjoying that diet. Mainly because I can have simple carbs but only in a certain time window. I think that was the key actually. I often did things back to front on other diets. My fat intake was high on the keto and if I succumbed to carbs it would always be at the end of the day when I had cravings for them so I ate simple carbs AFTER 3pm with protein and lesser complex carbs there due to filling up on the simple ones. If we have a roast now in the evenings I replace mash potato with mash cauliflower and have low fat gravy and it actually tastes ten time nicer.
    Last edited by ~*IronBelle*~; 09-10-2003 at 12:03 PM.

Most Muscular is a name known to all. (+5000) Most Muscular is a name known to all. (+5000) Most Muscular is a name known to all. (+5000) Most Muscular is a name known to all. (+5000) Most Muscular is a name known to all. (+5000) Most Muscular is a name known to all. (+5000) Most Muscular is a name known to all. (+5000) Most Muscular is a name known to all. (+5000) Most Muscular is a name known to all. (+5000) Most Muscular is a name known to all. (+5000) Most Muscular is a name known to all. (+5000)
    People at work are always coming up to me asking for dieting advice when they're trying to lose (NOT loose) weight. The first thing I tell them is they have to eat more (often). They usually have this confused look on their face because they can not comprehend this logic. Actually it is quite simple and has worked very well for me. By increasing the number of meals per day (but not the total calories) my body's metabolism goes into high gear and the fat starts to melt away.

Most people when they go on a diet scale back on their meal intakes which makes the body go into a defensive mode. It (your body) doesn't know when it's next meal will come (if ever) so it holds onto all the fat it can to protect itself. By increasing your meals your body will also attempt to protect itself from getting to fat my increasing it's metabolism to burn more calories. Suprisingly you can even up your calorie intake after being on such a diet for a few weeks once your body gets burning. You'll know when this occurs because you'll be hungry all of the time!

This is one time when MORE is better.
    Holder of 4 National NPC Weight Class Titles in 4 different weight classes... all with perfect scores
    1998 NPC USA Bantamweight
    2003 NPC Masters National Lightweight (over 40)
    2006 NPC Masters National Welterweight (over 40)
    2006 NPC Masters National Middleweight (over 50)

Laurie has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Laurie has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Laurie has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Laurie has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Laurie has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Laurie has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Laurie has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Laurie has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Laurie has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Laurie has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Laurie has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Yes, I found this out too after starting to lift for strength and lose the fat last year.

For the longest time, I did not eat very well and only when I felt hungry. I would get involved in my work and forget to eat. But there are health considerations I was not aware of or taking care of that way.

After starting to lift, I found through my readings, I had to change what I was eating and to spread it out over the day. "Eating every 2-3 hours" sounded like alot at first and I was sure I would gain weight (fat), instead of losing it. But after reading several articles here and elsewhere on what your body is really doing. It made sense when coupled with a heavy lifting schedule. You do lose fat but you also need to build muscle.

If you want the energy to lift and have the right combination of food intake (through diet modification) to build the muscle.....a certain mindset has to be cultivated and nurtured. So, I learned to "graze" too and try to keep a watch on the quality of what goes in....rather than worry about the quantity overmuch.

Sounds strange because you think you are eating all the time. You are, up to a point, but it is what the body is doing with the quality makes the difference.
    Last edited by Laurie; 09-10-2003 at 10:55 PM.

I think the quality of your meal dictates when you will next feel hungry half the time. If you eat small portions, your more than likely going to need to eat again pretty soon. I note when I eat a good balance of carbs, protein and fat I can stretch things out longer. Simple carbs for example will be used up much more quickly and blood sugar drops faster so you would start to feel hunger pangs sooner.

I think only eating the complex carbs I am doing later in the day are good in the sense that they will last longer through the night when you sleeping (fasting) than simple carbs would have. First thing in the morning after fasting all night, simple carbs come in handy as you need to get something in your system quickly, so I don't concern myself with what type of oats I eat there because I feel the faster the breakdown of carbs and absorption there, the better. Blood sugar falls in the early hours and so it is sensible to get breakfast and make it something like rolled oats. I switched to those a while back for that reason.
    Last edited by ~*IronBelle*~; 09-11-2003 at 12:36 PM.

BBingUniverse will become famous soon enough. (+50) BBingUniverse will become famous soon enough. (+50) BBingUniverse will become famous soon enough. (+50) BBingUniverse will become famous soon enough. (+50) BBingUniverse will become famous soon enough. (+50) BBingUniverse will become famous soon enough. (+50) BBingUniverse will become famous soon enough. (+50) BBingUniverse will become famous soon enough. (+50) BBingUniverse will become famous soon enough. (+50) BBingUniverse will become famous soon enough. (+50) BBingUniverse will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    This my friend is called Advertising.........and it is not allowed here.
    Last edited by Chi_town; 09-12-2003 at 07:51 AM.
    -------------------------------------------------------

Threadweaver- Psyche Hero hochspeyer's Avatar
    hochspeyer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) hochspeyer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) hochspeyer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) hochspeyer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) hochspeyer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) hochspeyer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) hochspeyer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) hochspeyer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) hochspeyer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) hochspeyer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) hochspeyer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)

Oldoldold thread

OLD THREAD!!

Some people make new threads- I bump oldies. Any thoughts about slow eaters? I fall into that category, so much that I sometimes (not often, but it happens) have one of my small meals end- after spending an hour or better eating it at work (3rd shift ... much freedom)- and go right into the next one. Thoughts, please?