Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Best Fish Oil?

powercage has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) powercage has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) powercage has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) powercage has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) powercage has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) powercage has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) powercage has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) powercage has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) powercage has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) powercage has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) powercage has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by mechanicalLad View Post
    brand isn't going to matter if it's a quality fish oil and many are on the market.
    Most are crap.
    Controlled Labs Warder
    Email: Powercage [at] ControlledLabs.com
    Free Controlled Labs supps for your CL labels: goo.gl/kylDte

I'm pretty sure your wrong, but care to elaborate...

Disclaimer: The above post is my personal opinion and does not represent the official position of any company or entity. It does not constitute medical advice.

powercage has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) powercage has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) powercage has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) powercage has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) powercage has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) powercage has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) powercage has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) powercage has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) powercage has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) powercage has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) powercage has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by mechanicalLad View Post
    Fish Oil is big business, plenty of good name brands who produce it.
    I realize you are a troll, just felt some reality needed to be interjected.
    Controlled Labs Warder

Disclaimer: The above post is my personal opinion and does not represent the official position of any company or entity. It does not constitute medical advice.

STEP YOUR FUNDS UP Neopragmatist's Avatar
    Neopragmatist is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Neopragmatist is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Neopragmatist is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Neopragmatist is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Neopragmatist is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Neopragmatist is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Neopragmatist is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Neopragmatist is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Neopragmatist is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Neopragmatist is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Neopragmatist is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by xHiroko View Post
    What the helll????
    That's the highest dosed fish oil I've ever seen.
    pill size is 1600mg which is bigger than the typical 1000mg. so you're gonna get more EPA/DHA. the concentration comes out to be ~70%

Originally Posted by powercage View Post
    Most are crap.
    what makes you think most are crap?
    i take it for granted that no hearer of mine will misinterpret what I have to say as the language of cynicism

Originally Posted by Neopragmatist View Post
    what makes you think most are crap?
    Testing, label dosages, sourcing
    Controlled Labs Warder

kardoxo will become famous soon enough. (+50) kardoxo will become famous soon enough. (+50) kardoxo will become famous soon enough. (+50) kardoxo will become famous soon enough. (+50) kardoxo will become famous soon enough. (+50) kardoxo will become famous soon enough. (+50) kardoxo will become famous soon enough. (+50) kardoxo will become famous soon enough. (+50) kardoxo will become famous soon enough. (+50) kardoxo will become famous soon enough. (+50) kardoxo will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I personally take MyProteins Omega 369. Very good ratio IMO
    Myprotein's Official Bodybuilding.com Representative
    Europe's #1 Online Sports Nutrition Brand
    US Site: us.myprotein.com
    Rest of the world: myprotein.com

Fuel Your Ambition!

Neopragmatist is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Neopragmatist is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Neopragmatist is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Neopragmatist is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Neopragmatist is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Neopragmatist is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Neopragmatist is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Neopragmatist is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Neopragmatist is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Neopragmatist is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Neopragmatist is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by powercage View Post
    Testing, label dosages, sourcing
    Testing: IFOS (runs a strict standard) currently has around a hundred brands that are certified. and this is counting only the brands that are voluntarily subscribed to their program and received their highest 5-star rating. they also include and pass TOTOX (peroxidation/degradation). i don't think oximega has posted TOTOX values which i believe is just as important as impurity levels and meeting label claims.

Label dosage: in conjunction with all the products meeting label claims with IFOS, i think we all prefer higher concentrated fish oil when given the choice. but the naturally occuring 30% EPA/DHA is not inherently inferior or of less quality. for example, nordic naturals has regular fish oil that is only 30%. sure, it is inconvenient to take and reach desired levels, but certainly not low quality.

in terms of sourcing, probably over 90% of fish oils are harvested in peru/south america from major fisheries like austral group/copeinca. we've had this discussion before but even brands labeled as nordic fish oil comes from peru but just processed in norway. what i would like to know in detail is where oximega gets their raws from if you really want to get into sourcing. since it is labeled as nordic, probably one of the few suppliers i'd trust is EPAX. but considering CL is a relatively small company (versus a major chain brand like nature made or warehouse brands) and runs sales/promotions all the time, i don't think using EPAX makes much financial sense.
    i take it for granted that no hearer of mine will misinterpret what I have to say as the language of cynicism

Testing: I have seen tests on even brands being recommended in this very thread not meeting label claims. TOTOX is definitely important, if I get the go ahead I dont mind sharing tests with you. I think you can agree that we share more tests with the community than most other companies on our entire range of products. You can find TOTOX at Labdoor (although I loath recommending them). That was part of their battery of tests when we asked them to redo their third party test of Oximega and they did not issue any concerns over Oximega.

Label Dosage: Your comment isnt really relative to the conversation here, or you took it completely out of context. I even stated earlier that Nordic Naturals is quality. It doesnt help when a large portion of companies recommend lower than the AHA recommended guidelines for intake of their product, let alone what active people should probably be taking. I've seen a very large portion dosed at a very effective placebo amount daily. "Take 3 caps daily" doesnt necessarily mean anything when it contains 500mg of EPA + DHA per 3 caps.

Sourcing: I'd recommend emailing info@controlledlabs.com if you are curious.
    Last edited by powercage; 01-28-2015 at 12:57 PM.
    Controlled Labs Warder

i misunderstood the meaning of what you meant by "label dosage".

no knock on CL or you, powercage. you guys are certainly of one of few good brands out there in this industry. it just seems to me that you should be unleashing so much fury and truth but being a rep is holding you back. give up the position and taste the freedom.

no knock on CL or you, powercage. you guys are certainly of one of few good brands out there in this industry. it just seems to me that you should be unleashing so much fury and truth but being a rep is holding you back. give up the position and taste the freedom.
    Yea, it definitely hamstrings me at times.
    Controlled Labs Warder

Catalyze is just really nice. (+1000) Catalyze is just really nice. (+1000) Catalyze is just really nice. (+1000) Catalyze is just really nice. (+1000) Catalyze is just really nice. (+1000) Catalyze is just really nice. (+1000) Catalyze is just really nice. (+1000) Catalyze is just really nice. (+1000) Catalyze is just really nice. (+1000) Catalyze is just really nice. (+1000) Catalyze is just really nice. (+1000)
    The highest concentration that I have found of EPA, DHA, and other Omegas at a single 5ml (1 teaspoon) is SFH and their SO3 Omega fish oil.
    SFH SO3 Omega

For 1 tsp (5ml) serving it has 2,000 mg EPA, 1,100 mg DHA, 400 mg other omegas.......so your total is around 3,500 mgs....cost is $1.04 a teaspoon.
    I have only tried the Lemon flavor but it is fine....sort of like lemon oil. The company lists their 3rd party testing but not exact results so a person might email them for exact results if serious.

Originally Posted by Catalyze View Post
    The highest concentration that I have found of EPA, DHA, and other Omegas at a single 5ml (1 teaspoon) is SFH and their SO3 Omega fish oil.
    SFH SO3 Omega

For 1 tsp (5ml) serving it has 2,000 mg EPA, 1,100 mg DHA, 400 mg other omegas.......so your total is around 3,500 mgs....cost is $1.04 a teaspoon.
    I have only tried the Lemon flavor but it is fine....sort of like lemon oil. The company lists their 3rd party testing but not exact results so a person might email them for exact results if serious.
    one serving (5ml) = 5 grams. so the concentration of EPA/DHA is ~65%.

one thing about liquid fish oil is that it can oxidize more quickly vs. encapsulated fish oil. better to consume it quickly once opened. i would like to see that particular product use additional antioxidants (besides vitamin E). and you can actually see their test results on IFOS website.

i think the highest i've seen is minami platinum which i believe uses EPAX TGN oil which is 90% EPA/DHA concentration.

Mr.Cooper69 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mr.Cooper69 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mr.Cooper69 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mr.Cooper69 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mr.Cooper69 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mr.Cooper69 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mr.Cooper69 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mr.Cooper69 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mr.Cooper69 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mr.Cooper69 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mr.Cooper69 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)

That's why he has his alt account, marcelino

Originally Posted by Mr.Cooper69 View Post
    That's why he has his alt account, marcelino
    He's the hero this board deserves, but not the one it needs right now.
    Controlled Labs Warder

Catalyze is just really nice. (+1000) Catalyze is just really nice. (+1000) Catalyze is just really nice. (+1000) Catalyze is just really nice. (+1000) Catalyze is just really nice. (+1000) Catalyze is just really nice. (+1000) Catalyze is just really nice. (+1000) Catalyze is just really nice. (+1000) Catalyze is just really nice. (+1000) Catalyze is just really nice. (+1000) Catalyze is just really nice. (+1000)

i think the highest i've seen is minami platinum which i believe uses EPAX TGN oil which is 90% EPA/DHA concentration.
    I just went to their website and did the math......and you are correct. It appears to be a very nice product indeed. Thanks for the heads up!

Is Sly in Training little rambo's Avatar
    little rambo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) little rambo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) little rambo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) little rambo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) little rambo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) little rambo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) little rambo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) little rambo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) little rambo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) little rambo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) little rambo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Gotta give a shout out to MP Fish Oil. Works great for me and love the fact that it has no fishy aftertaste or burps. Currently has a B2G1 deal going on in the store as well!!
    REDCON1 BIG NOISE! Log https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=175308671

well, i've never been so shocked since the day i found out rhizome and in10city were the same person...