Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    Scotto7 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Scotto7 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Scotto7 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Scotto7 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Scotto7 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Scotto7 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Scotto7 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Scotto7 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Scotto7 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Scotto7 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Scotto7 is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Why do we train?

Hello!

Back into it in the build up to the sports season starting May.

Am slightly out of shape, about 10lbs I'd say, hovering at 185lbs and probably 5% worse bodyfat. Am about 182cm. I'd say I'm sitting around 17*-/20% BF right now. I had a reality check recently. A friend of my who is absolutely ripped and *looked* about 9%, went and had the Dexa Bodyscan, and it set him at 13%. Now, this guy has a lean body, 8 pack, and recently placed top 5 in a fitness model comp, so it was revealing. Based on that, I'd actually say I'm 20%. I was measured at 11% in 2013 by an exercise physio who used the 8 measurement-caliper method, and I didn't look close to as ripped as my buddy. Anyway, I digress!

I know there's a motivation section, but I'm wondering how us over-35's manage to maintain motivation.

-I'm married, so I've got the girl
    -I'm perfectly capable of playing my chosen sport to a high club standard with my current fitness
    - I've got a blend of stamina and strength which is higher on average than people of my age that I hang about with.

I tend to struggle to keep that consistent motivation after 4 weeks of strong training. I tend to find that for a short while the following keeps me motivated:

- *LOOK* physically great compared to people of my age
    - Kinda compete with fit people who are 10 years younger in the physique department

But....they're both superficial reasons and there comes a point where I think *why bother*, normally after abt a month.

Future health hardly factors into it when I draw up my list of reasons for *keeping it up*.

One thing that does work , is hating the idea of slipping into that middle-aged soft under-bellied, haunched shoulder, desk-jockey look that is creeping into a lot of the people I work with.....if only I could package that *feeling* and help it to keep consistency!

What are people out there's main motivations for keeping the intensity going post 35 and how do you remind yourself of the reasons why?!? Pictures stuck up around your bedroom? focussed goals?

S

PiperBill is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) PiperBill is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) PiperBill is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) PiperBill is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) PiperBill is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) PiperBill is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) PiperBill is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) PiperBill is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) PiperBill is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) PiperBill is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) PiperBill is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    For me it's a general feeling of well being. I have suffered from generalized anxiety since I was a teenager but I have been able to cut back on medication (Remeron in later years) and even be meds free for long periods after I took up weight lifting. I am very rutine orientated and if I get too far off my day to day rutines, which includes working out, I tend to get real edgy and not too nice to be around.

Also.. at 57 it's kind of a preperation for old age. I believe that the more physically strong I am then the less dependant on others I will be as I age.

Lastley I think it's still kind of cool to be admired by the opposite sex. Not that I'd want to be a 70 year old "Hulk Hogan" pulling all the 60 year old "chicks" hehe :-)

MrNismo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MrNismo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MrNismo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MrNismo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MrNismo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MrNismo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MrNismo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MrNismo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MrNismo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MrNismo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MrNismo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    If you're happy with where you're at then so be it. Nobody can offer you motivation if you don't have anything you're looking to strive for. Nothing wrong with that either btw. If you're happy you're happy.

My motivation comes mainly from the Squat. After 5 years of consistent gym time I still have a horrible squat and the frustration drives me just crazy enough to keep going back for more

Pick a goal, whether it's %8 bodyfat or a certain height on box jumps or something related to your sport for example. But it seems you have to be striving for SOMETHING if you want to stay engaged.

MissHolly has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MissHolly has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MissHolly has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MissHolly has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MissHolly has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MissHolly has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MissHolly has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MissHolly has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MissHolly has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MissHolly has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MissHolly has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I started lifting weights to counteract the effects of unwise dieting after having my 2 kids. I had always heard that crash dieting wasn't good for you, but I did it anyway because, you know...instant gratification. I found I had dieted off fat AND muscle and became the typical Skinny Fat. I couldn't understand why on Earth my waist still had a significant amount of fat on it but I was also getting too lightweight for my height. I messed up and now I'm paying the price.

Then through internet searches on different fitness questions I found BB.com. I read around on here and figured out what I was doing wrong. Started lifting weights and eating according to my goals.

The motivation for me comes from seeing the changes I can make in my body through lifting, and the weight increases in my workouts. I am addicted to it. Yes, sometimes there are days I don't want to work out, that's human. I do know that I won't ever stop lifting for good because I'm always telling myself that if I quit I will never see what I can do. I don't want to go backwards, only forward.

reddog140 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) reddog140 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) reddog140 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) reddog140 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) reddog140 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) reddog140 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) reddog140 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) reddog140 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) reddog140 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) reddog140 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) reddog140 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    I train so I can put on the smallest pair of underwear possible, hike em up my a$$, get greased up, stand up in front of hundreds of people, and be judged by 6-12 people, some of whom have never done the same, often get shafted in the process, and maybe get a trophy that costs all of $10, often spending thousands in the process.

Nah seriously, I train to improve upon my last presentation, have people stare, and to take my mind of crap.

MissHolly has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MissHolly has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MissHolly has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MissHolly has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MissHolly has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MissHolly has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MissHolly has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MissHolly has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MissHolly has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MissHolly has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MissHolly has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by reddog140 View Post
    I train so I can put on the smallest pair of underwear possible, hike em up my a$$, get greased up, stand up in front of hundreds of people, and be judged by 6-12 people, some of whom have never done the same, often get shafted in the process, and maybe get a trophy that costs all of $10, often spending thousands in the process.

Nah seriously, I train to improve upon my last presentation, have people stare, and to take my mind off crap.
    This for me too (The bolded, just to be clear...LOL)

Sometimes my mind will be racing while I'm trying to go to sleep and I'll picture doing DB bench press. Out like a light, works every time. Just calms me down.

πŸ…ΎπŸ…ΌπŸ…΄πŸ…ΆπŸ…° πŸ††πŸ…΄πŸ…°πŸ…ΏπŸ…ΎπŸ…½ EjnarKolinkar's Avatar
    EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    I like training. Gym gains make you stronger and look better, it's a win win.
    The most important aspect of weight training; whether for the athlete, bodybuilder, or average person is to better ones health and ability without injury. - Bill Pearl

Scotto7 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Scotto7 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Scotto7 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Scotto7 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Scotto7 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Scotto7 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Scotto7 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Scotto7 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Scotto7 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Scotto7 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Scotto7 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    All good reasons, particularly the stress relief\forget crap ones. (I'm not one for budgie-smuggling, the contrast between budgie and my *big mouth* would be to stark!)

I'm also a bit of a routine driven guy, I really never used to be, but I'm definitely one now and probably the longer I've been in my career plus a homeowner plus married, the more routine driven I get. Gym seems to be a bit of a filler for me nowadays because I am prone to getting bored when sitting down and then eating.

No matter what reasons I look for though, I can never get away from the fact that I want to look in extremely good shape on those 3-4 weeks a year I might be on or near a beach. It's a shallow reason, sure, and yet, It's always there. Not to say it doesn't have fringe benefits of course, because working out gives you that energy which probably makes us interesting to be around, but the starting reason for me is ultimately vanity..... and yet I slip in and out of that because it's clearly not *enough* to keep my willpower going.

I don't ever get out of decent shape, but rarely being content with what I have achieved seems part of my make-up, which is a real pain!

Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    I have a free-time gap between 5:00-6:00am that needed filling....

I train mostly for health, if I dont train I eat like Sh!t, develope bad habits and feel like a lazy slug (did that for about a decade).

I enjoy training and like getting the results in strength gains, health, and appearence. I also want to be in great shape to keep up with my young kids and introduce them to a healthy lifestyle through modeling the behavior.

I train because it is the fountain of youth and just the right thing for me to do.

bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    I am not into bodybuilding, bodybuilding is into me...I live for this sh!t.
    On the list for Bannukah

GnomusMaximus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GnomusMaximus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GnomusMaximus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GnomusMaximus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GnomusMaximus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GnomusMaximus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GnomusMaximus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GnomusMaximus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GnomusMaximus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GnomusMaximus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GnomusMaximus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I like throwing heavy things, you have to be able to lift heavy stuff in order to throw heavy things. Other people like to watch me throw heavy things, they have big parties in cool places and I get to go to them and throw heavy things while the people watch. Works out for all of us.
    Gnomefit...ain't for everybody, only the sexy people.

mirroroferised has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mirroroferised has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mirroroferised has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mirroroferised has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mirroroferised has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mirroroferised has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mirroroferised has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mirroroferised has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mirroroferised has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mirroroferised has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mirroroferised has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I started out as a way to keep myself sober. Now I'm just hooked.
    365 255 480 in April! ...2019
    ☻/
    /β–Œ
    / \ sm2sm crew (---Squat Moar to Squat Moar---)

PiperBill is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) PiperBill is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) PiperBill is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) PiperBill is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) PiperBill is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) PiperBill is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) PiperBill is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) PiperBill is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) PiperBill is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) PiperBill is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) PiperBill is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by GnomusMaximus View Post
    I like throwing heavy things, you have to be able to lift heavy stuff in order to throw heavy things. Other people like to watch me throw heavy things, they have big parties in cool places and I get to go to them and throw heavy things while the people watch. Works out for all of us.
    .. And you get to wear a kilt! (pro Highland Piper here) ;-)

deadst73 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) deadst73 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) deadst73 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) deadst73 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) deadst73 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) deadst73 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) deadst73 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) deadst73 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) deadst73 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) deadst73 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) deadst73 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I workout to fight off diabetes, high blood pressure, reduce stress. It is either workout or turn to meds.
    Soda is the devil.

1Fuzzy1 is just really nice. (+1000) 1Fuzzy1 is just really nice. (+1000) 1Fuzzy1 is just really nice. (+1000) 1Fuzzy1 is just really nice. (+1000) 1Fuzzy1 is just really nice. (+1000) 1Fuzzy1 is just really nice. (+1000) 1Fuzzy1 is just really nice. (+1000) 1Fuzzy1 is just really nice. (+1000) 1Fuzzy1 is just really nice. (+1000) 1Fuzzy1 is just really nice. (+1000) 1Fuzzy1 is just really nice. (+1000)
    All dam good reasons above for sure. Mine is health related in the fact that I had a bad accident 25 years ago. Stayed in good shape til I had my first kid at age 32, went to hell in a hand basket physically after that. Had all kinds of health issues up til into my early 40's. Then just over 2 years ago, got back into it and have been in fantastic shape since. I now get my rocks off playing my 14 year old athletic son in basketball and beating him ...plus, I love the compliments that I get from others on how I look better than most people they know in their 30's....it's all about being and staying positive because the older you get, the harder it is if you don't stay physically and mentally fit.

Swiftor is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Swiftor is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Swiftor is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Swiftor is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Swiftor is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Swiftor is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Swiftor is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Swiftor is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Swiftor is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Swiftor is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Swiftor is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    I lift for the pump

Marius_Ursus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Marius_Ursus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Marius_Ursus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Marius_Ursus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Marius_Ursus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Marius_Ursus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Marius_Ursus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Marius_Ursus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Marius_Ursus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Marius_Ursus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Marius_Ursus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I train for throwing, but more importantly it keeps me sane.
    "Blessed be the Lord my rock, who trains my hands for war and my fingers for battle." - Psalm 144:1

Also, taxation is theft.

pondman is just really nice. (+1000) pondman is just really nice. (+1000) pondman is just really nice. (+1000) pondman is just really nice. (+1000) pondman is just really nice. (+1000) pondman is just really nice. (+1000) pondman is just really nice. (+1000) pondman is just really nice. (+1000) pondman is just really nice. (+1000) pondman is just really nice. (+1000) pondman is just really nice. (+1000)
    I always considered myself an endurance athlete. But I gave it up a few years ago. And then none of my pants would button. I decided to lift some of the weights I was storing in the garage for a friend. I became interested enough to read magazine articles and have been working at it 5 days per week. I must admit I like the response from the younger women who have started to flirt with me.

bucsdodgers is a name known to all. (+5000) bucsdodgers is a name known to all. (+5000) bucsdodgers is a name known to all. (+5000) bucsdodgers is a name known to all. (+5000) bucsdodgers is a name known to all. (+5000) bucsdodgers is a name known to all. (+5000) bucsdodgers is a name known to all. (+5000) bucsdodgers is a name known to all. (+5000) bucsdodgers is a name known to all. (+5000) bucsdodgers is a name known to all. (+5000) bucsdodgers is a name known to all. (+5000)
    I lift because its apart of me.
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=172784881 redtest log
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=173258571

Bo_Flecks has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bo_Flecks has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bo_Flecks has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bo_Flecks has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bo_Flecks has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bo_Flecks has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bo_Flecks has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bo_Flecks has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bo_Flecks has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bo_Flecks has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bo_Flecks has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    To look good naked. And occasionally win a cheap plastic trophy. But mostly to look good naked.

JerryB is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JerryB is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JerryB is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JerryB is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JerryB is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JerryB is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JerryB is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JerryB is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JerryB is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JerryB is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JerryB is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    It's a personal obsession.
    How can you visualize training a muscle if you don't know its structure?

ljimd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ljimd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ljimd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ljimd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ljimd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ljimd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ljimd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ljimd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ljimd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ljimd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ljimd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Life long hobby.

dmacdonal9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dmacdonal9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dmacdonal9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dmacdonal9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dmacdonal9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dmacdonal9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dmacdonal9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dmacdonal9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dmacdonal9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dmacdonal9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dmacdonal9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    If you do it because you feel like you have to (to avoid becoming fat, or to avoid poor health or whatever), vs doing it because you love doing it, then I think chances are high that you'll stop doing it at some point. None of us like doing things we feel compelled to do.

If you incorporate it into your identity and do it just because that's the type of person you are, or find something in it that you like, then you'll probably do it forever.

swimmer32 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) swimmer32 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) swimmer32 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) swimmer32 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) swimmer32 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) swimmer32 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) swimmer32 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) swimmer32 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) swimmer32 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) swimmer32 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) swimmer32 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    I work at a desk job 10 hours per day. If I don't work out, then it feels like my body starts falling apart - mainly due to back pain. Keeping up with my sons, and looking good naked, are added motivation.
    STAND TALL AND SHAKE THE HEAVENS!!

"Do you not know that your bodies are temples of the Holy Spirit, who is in you, whom you have received from God? You are not your own." - 1 Corinthians 6:19

β–ͺβ–ˆβ”€-β”€β–ˆβ–ͺ Equipment Crew #71 β–ͺβ–ˆβ”€-β”€β–ˆβ–ͺ
    []---[] York Barbell Club #32 []---[]
    []---[] Ivanko Barbell Crew #66 []---[]
    ||---|| Rogue Barbell Club #6 ||---||

JimmyJonny is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JimmyJonny is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JimmyJonny is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JimmyJonny is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JimmyJonny is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JimmyJonny is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JimmyJonny is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JimmyJonny is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JimmyJonny is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JimmyJonny is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JimmyJonny is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    As a kid I never got into sports because I was so small,,,,,prolly the 3rd smallest guy in the school. At 13 years old I started working in construction, never got big, but lean and semi-strong. All the years of labor wore my body out and my hips and shoulders became a wreck. A few years back I had Pt to try and avoid surgery but I had no clue as to what I was doing. At that time I landed a job where the homeowner was a trainer/bodybuilder. We instanly became friends and when I finished his house he told me that he paid for a 8 week training session with him at the YMCA. The rest is history, I'm still at it.

What keeps me going is that I feel as if I've been given a second chance in life, a chance to better myself and be a inspiration to those I love. Now that I'm older and lifting I'm in better shape then the big kids from school....... I admit, I get off on that. My journey has just begun. Self improvement is a challenge that I crave everyday I wake up. It's the first time I truly loved to do something. I've been through a lot with surgeries and all but I just dust myself off and keep goin. Since I started, my wife, son, daughter, and dad have all joined the gym...... mom likes yoga.

The only regret I have is not starting earlier. I spent many years drinkin/drugs. I hurt myself and everyone who loved me........ now I have been blessed with the chance to help them.

tank316 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) tank316 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) tank316 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) tank316 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) tank316 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) tank316 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) tank316 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) tank316 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) tank316 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) tank316 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) tank316 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Life long hobby for me as well, it did become competitive for several years with powerlifting and body building. I was a 14 year old chubby kid and I got tired of getting teased about it...I've been lifting ever since. 2 years ago, I suffered a small heart attack, its still my hobby, not as intense any more. My job is seasonal, from late March through late Dec. 13-16 hour days and I need to let loose, so I still toss the iron for therapy.
    Last edited by tank316; 01-26-2015 at 04:29 PM.

philipj is a jewel in the rough. (+500) philipj is a jewel in the rough. (+500) philipj is a jewel in the rough. (+500) philipj is a jewel in the rough. (+500) philipj is a jewel in the rough. (+500) philipj is a jewel in the rough. (+500) philipj is a jewel in the rough. (+500) philipj is a jewel in the rough. (+500) philipj is a jewel in the rough. (+500) philipj is a jewel in the rough. (+500) philipj is a jewel in the rough. (+500)

Smile

December 1961 t worked in -42 weather for too many hours. A couple of sgt's who were avoiding trouble got me assigned to training at the Base Gym, Goose Bay Labrador until I was to rotate off" the Goose". The gym boss said to be a better policeman I needed better strength, and he had just returned from Japan's Kodokan judo institute. So weights it was, and judo for hours a day. At 71 I no longer work for any gov"t, but serve papers, collect bad checks, Personal protection orders and the like. All of that, and for years it really worked, and still works.
    Do what's right.

baker has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) baker has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) baker has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) baker has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) baker has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) baker has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) baker has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) baker has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) baker has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) baker has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) baker has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I would whey about 150 if I didnt.
    Where the mind goes the body follows.

IG @imbakes
    MFP bakerjb19

BB12s is just really nice. (+1000) BB12s is just really nice. (+1000) BB12s is just really nice. (+1000) BB12s is just really nice. (+1000) BB12s is just really nice. (+1000) BB12s is just really nice. (+1000) BB12s is just really nice. (+1000) BB12s is just really nice. (+1000) BB12s is just really nice. (+1000) BB12s is just really nice. (+1000) BB12s is just really nice. (+1000)
    For me, it's about showing my 2 girls that at any age or medical conditions... You can make an impact.

Plus... Best Stress reliever !!
    ~*~* THIS SPACE FOR SUPPLEMENT COMPANY RENT ~*~*

My comments do not necessarily reflect the opinions of ________________.

RobRocks is just really nice. (+1000) RobRocks is just really nice. (+1000) RobRocks is just really nice. (+1000) RobRocks is just really nice. (+1000) RobRocks is just really nice. (+1000) RobRocks is just really nice. (+1000) RobRocks is just really nice. (+1000) RobRocks is just really nice. (+1000) RobRocks is just really nice. (+1000) RobRocks is just really nice. (+1000) RobRocks is just really nice. (+1000)
    I don't have a lot of definition on my body I still have fat to lose,I train because I like it and it makes me feel good. I would rather go to the gym than go to a bar
    To sum it up I train as it makes me feel good and it's positive
    You cant always get what you want,but if you try sometimes you just might find you get what you need.
    Mick Jagger/Keith Richards