Kflop is not very well liked. (-100) Kflop is not very well liked. (-100) Kflop is not very well liked. (-100) Kflop is not very well liked. (-100) Kflop is not very well liked. (-100) Kflop is not very well liked. (-100) Kflop is not very well liked. (-100) Kflop is not very well liked. (-100) Kflop is not very well liked. (-100) Kflop is not very well liked. (-100) Kflop is not very well liked. (-100)

My problem with IIFYM

I'd like to start by saying that while cutting I do track macros just because it basically just turns fat loss into a numbers game. But for the rest of the year IIFYM doesn't work for me and here's why; I can't actually fit anything I want to eat into my macros. Why? Because I don't know the marconutrient's in the things I actually want to eat. I grew up in an Italian household and if there's one thing that teaches you it's appreciation for good food, not necessarily healthy food but good food. My family never ate frozen pizza and I never had things like Little Debbie's snacks or Pop Tarts in my lunch as a kid. When we ate pizza my Nona made it from scratch, and when I had treats packed in my lunch they came from bakery down the road. So basically all the food I grew up eating and came to love doesn't have it's nutritional information listed. It's either homemade or from mom and pop shops. Now I guess I could just log the treats and junk food I like as similar things on MyFitnessPal, but that seems kinda risky to do on a day to day basis due to the fact that I'm sure a meatball sub from a place I like vs one from Subway could easily be 300 calories off. That's why, even when tracking macros, I prefer to eat clean most of the week then just have a cheat meal at Nona's on the weekend or something along those lines. I was just surprised I've never seen this topic brought up by anyone else before. Anyone else have a similar, or completely different, problem with the whole IIFYM thing?

Samamo is a name known to all. (+5000) Samamo is a name known to all. (+5000) Samamo is a name known to all. (+5000) Samamo is a name known to all. (+5000) Samamo is a name known to all. (+5000) Samamo is a name known to all. (+5000) Samamo is a name known to all. (+5000) Samamo is a name known to all. (+5000) Samamo is a name known to all. (+5000) Samamo is a name known to all. (+5000) Samamo is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Make those things yourself and track macros?

Eating out is always "risky", but once you've been doing it for awhile you should be pretty good at "guesstimating", so you'll know if somethings off. On a bulk, there should be room for not being right on target, but you should fall close. It may take trial and error, but you'll get to eat what you actually like. Knowing your body and food is invaluable familiarise yourself with it and make Nona proud when you rock up on a Wednesday and don't have to say "I can't track these macros, sorry."

BeauFlexington is a name known to all. (+5000) BeauFlexington is a name known to all. (+5000) BeauFlexington is a name known to all. (+5000) BeauFlexington is a name known to all. (+5000) BeauFlexington is a name known to all. (+5000) BeauFlexington is a name known to all. (+5000) BeauFlexington is a name known to all. (+5000) BeauFlexington is a name known to all. (+5000) BeauFlexington is a name known to all. (+5000) BeauFlexington is a name known to all. (+5000) BeauFlexington is a name known to all. (+5000)
    I reckon the main difficulty must be turning on the scale -- the instructions are on the bottom. Turn it over to read them, ... all the foods fall off. Them fellers who came up w/ that dubble-eye-FYM thingie shore didn't plan for that one very carefully.

Registered User ErikTheElectric's Avatar
    ErikTheElectric has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ErikTheElectric has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ErikTheElectric has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ErikTheElectric has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ErikTheElectric has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ErikTheElectric has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ErikTheElectric has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ErikTheElectric has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ErikTheElectric has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ErikTheElectric has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ErikTheElectric has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    TLDR.

IIFYM isn't magic. I practice IIFYM yet eat chicken and broccoli erry day.

Am I hip yet?

DAaaMan64 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DAaaMan64 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DAaaMan64 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DAaaMan64 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DAaaMan64 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DAaaMan64 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DAaaMan64 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DAaaMan64 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DAaaMan64 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DAaaMan64 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DAaaMan64 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    This isn't a problem with IIFYM. This is a problem with reality. IIFYM is just a watered down understanding of the science behind nutrition.

EDIT: let me be a little more friendly about it. I'd just rather have IIFYM than be constantly wondering whether I wayy under ate, way over ate, and ate foods I enjoy.

Can't wait for something that can count my intake for me though.
    Last edited by DAaaMan64; 01-22-2015 at 10:22 PM.
    SF Bay Area Crew
    Game Developer Crew
    Nut Misc Crew
    Actually Enjoys Clubbing Crew

Play MY MMORPG: Marvel Heroes. http://www.marvelheroes.com/

IG: DAaaMan64

"Stronger than yesterday, now it's nothing but my way. My loneliness ain't killing me no more. I, I'm stronger" ~ Mark Rippetoe

Haveboards is a name known to all. (+5000) Haveboards is a name known to all. (+5000) Haveboards is a name known to all. (+5000) Haveboards is a name known to all. (+5000) Haveboards is a name known to all. (+5000) Haveboards is a name known to all. (+5000) Haveboards is a name known to all. (+5000) Haveboards is a name known to all. (+5000) Haveboards is a name known to all. (+5000) Haveboards is a name known to all. (+5000) Haveboards is a name known to all. (+5000)
    2015 and we still talking about this chit?

peeper3011 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) peeper3011 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) peeper3011 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) peeper3011 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) peeper3011 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) peeper3011 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) peeper3011 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) peeper3011 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) peeper3011 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) peeper3011 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) peeper3011 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by ErikTheElectric View Post
    TLDR.

IIFYM isn't magic. I practice IIFYM yet eat chicken and broccoli erry day.

Am I hip yet?
    Might be the best thing I've ever read.
    Stay Humble..

Phil 4:13

Kflop is not very well liked. (-100) Kflop is not very well liked. (-100) Kflop is not very well liked. (-100) Kflop is not very well liked. (-100) Kflop is not very well liked. (-100) Kflop is not very well liked. (-100) Kflop is not very well liked. (-100) Kflop is not very well liked. (-100) Kflop is not very well liked. (-100) Kflop is not very well liked. (-100) Kflop is not very well liked. (-100)
    Originally Posted by Samamo View Post
    Make those things yourself and track macros?

Eating out is always "risky", but once you've been doing it for awhile you should be pretty good at "guesstimating", so you'll know if somethings off. On a bulk, there should be room for not being right on target, but you should fall close. It may take trial and error, but you'll get to eat what you actually like. Knowing your body and food is invaluable familiarise yourself with it and make Nona proud when you rock up on a Wednesday and don't have to say "I can't track these macros, sorry."
    Ya who knows, I might try it for my bulk this year cause I got a little bit too fat not tracking anything over the fall and winter months. Still I dunno. Weighing out all my food year round just seems kinda OCD to me. Also since I'm going back to Collage in the fall I'm kinda worried about people judging me when I bust out the food scale in my dorm to eat my breakfast cereal

On a side note the only thing I know how to cook is meat . If there's no grill I'm lost in the kitchen. So making pizza from scratch is probably off the table.

No Longer Look Like This InItForFitness's Avatar
    InItForFitness has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) InItForFitness has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) InItForFitness has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) InItForFitness has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) InItForFitness has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) InItForFitness has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) InItForFitness has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) InItForFitness has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) InItForFitness has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) InItForFitness has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) InItForFitness has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    The issue is not accepting that real life is never perfect.

Use things such as estimation & common sense to assist you in any form of dieting, following a flexible protocol, and when consuming lots of homemade items that you're unfamilar with the exact macros of.
    �USMC (2009-2013) �

â–¬ *Former* Wanna-Be Powerlifter : Best Total : 1300 (440/320/540) @ 168lbs BW (W/ Wraps) â–¬

♦Currently full on dad-bod status (minus the dad part)

*NEW TRAINING LOG* ; https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=178104781

Chasing cats since 1967 WonderPug's Avatar
    WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    "IIFYM's is an IQ test for the fitness world." -- JasonDB

CFysique is not very well liked. (-100) CFysique is not very well liked. (-100) CFysique is not very well liked. (-100) CFysique is not very well liked. (-100) CFysique is not very well liked. (-100) CFysique is not very well liked. (-100) CFysique is not very well liked. (-100) CFysique is not very well liked. (-100) CFysique is not very well liked. (-100) CFysique is not very well liked. (-100) CFysique is not very well liked. (-100)
    Originally Posted by Kflop View Post
    Ya who knows, I might try it for my bulk this year cause I got a little bit too fat not tracking anything over the fall and winter months. Still I dunno. Weighing out all my food year round just seems kinda OCD to me. Also since I'm going back to Collage in the fall I'm kinda worried about people judging me when I bust out the food scale in my dorm to eat my breakfast cereal

On a side note the only thing I know how to cook is meat . If there's no grill I'm lost in the kitchen. So making pizza from scratch is probably off the table.
    If you dont want to track macros.dont. Youre makibg iifym an OCD thing. It is not perect but offers a good balance.

lee__d has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) lee__d has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) lee__d has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) lee__d has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) lee__d has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) lee__d has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) lee__d has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) lee__d has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) lee__d has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) lee__d has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) lee__d has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Originally Posted by DAaaMan64 View Post
    This isn't a problem with IIFYM. This is a problem with reality. IIFYM is just a watered down understanding of the science behind nutrition.

EDIT: let me be a little more friendly about it. I'd just rather have IIFYM than be constantly wondering whether I wayy under ate, way over ate, and ate foods I enjoy.

Can't wait for something that can count my intake for me though.
    http://healbe.com/

DAaaMan64 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DAaaMan64 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DAaaMan64 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DAaaMan64 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DAaaMan64 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DAaaMan64 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DAaaMan64 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DAaaMan64 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DAaaMan64 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DAaaMan64 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DAaaMan64 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by WonderPug View Post
    "IIFYM's is an IQ test for the fitness world." -- JasonDB
    HOW DARE YOU QUOTE THAT DEMON

Originally Posted by lee__d View Post
    Wow. Anyone have one? If it is for real, it is totally worth it. I'm dying to know if I can count accurately. LOL

EDIT: Seems like the jury is still out, but it probably doesn't work. haha
    SF Bay Area Crew
    Game Developer Crew
    Nut Misc Crew
    Actually Enjoys Clubbing Crew

Play MY MMORPG: Marvel Heroes. http://www.marvelheroes.com/

IG: DAaaMan64

"Stronger than yesterday, now it's nothing but my way. My loneliness ain't killing me no more. I, I'm stronger" ~ Mark Rippetoe